Windows Live Mail

Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:

Upgrade your web browser
We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
get started, choose one of the browsers below:

    * Microsoft Internet Explorer
    * Mozilla Firefox
    * Apple Safari

If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
displayed properly.

Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I logged
in with.

More quality tools from Microsoft. :)

0
kelseyb7267 (197)

Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>

> Upgrade your web browser
> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
> get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>
>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>     * Mozilla Firefox
>     * Apple Safari
>
> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
> Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
> displayed properly.
>

> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I logged
> in with.

So?

> More quality tools from Microsoft. :)

What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as justification?

This is nothing but a cartoon NG.
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/5/2008 8:09:36 PM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:09:36 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>>

>> Upgrade your web browser
>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>>
>>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>     * Mozilla Firefox
>>     * Apple Safari
>>
>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
>> be displayed properly.
>>

>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I
>> logged in with.
>
> So?

So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
warning that their site might break if I don't.

>> More quality tools from Microsoft. :)
>>

> What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as
> justification?

Justification for what?  MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.

0
kelseyb7267 (197)
10/5/2008 11:02:49 PM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 21:08:19 +0100, Tony Manco wrote:

> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>>

>> Upgrade your web browser
>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>>
>>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>     * Mozilla Firefox
>>     * Apple Safari
>>
>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
>> be displayed properly.
>>

>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I
>> logged in with.
>>
>> More quality tools from Microsoft. :)
>>

> It has been like that for a while now, indeed quality tools from
> Microfoot. *not*

I read they are moving to another sexy new protocol - "DeltaSync" - for
Live mail.

DeltaSync?  Ah, yes, a new proprietary protocol which breaks all sorts of
things, including Outhouse Depress.

Definitely worth a golden "Shoot yourself in the foot" award.

0
kelseyb7267 (197)
10/5/2008 11:07:09 PM
0
newsgroups3 (79677)
10/6/2008 12:09:56 AM
Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:09:36 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>>> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>>>

>>> Upgrade your web browser
>>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
>>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
>>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>>>
>>>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>>     * Mozilla Firefox
>>>     * Apple Safari
>>>
>>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
>>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
>>> be displayed properly.
>>>

>>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I
>>> logged in with.
>> So?
>
> So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
> warning that their site might break if I don't.
>
>>> More quality tools from Microsoft. :)
>>>

>> What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as
>> justification?
>
> Justification for what?  MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.

Hey you expert's expert, you guru's guru and you Moses' Moses, don't get
your thunder and lightening panties in a pinch now about it now, ya
hear. :-P

0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 12:23:23 AM
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 00:09:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Sunday 05 October 2008 23:02 : \____

>>> So?
>>
>> So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
>> warning that their site might break if I don't.

>>> What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as
>>> justification?
>>
>> Justification for what?  MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.
>
> Just some gentle advice: "Paul Montgumdrop" is in my kf. You're wasting your
> time talking to a Microsoft Munchkin.

Dork....

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 00:09:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Sunday 05 October 2008 23:02 : \____

>>> So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
>>> warning that their site might break if I don't.

>>> Justification for what?  MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.
>> Just some gentle advice: "Paul Montgumdrop" is in my kf. You're wasting your
>> time talking to a Microsoft Munchkin.
>
> Dork....

You know it really is sad when you're just messing with people and it
really has nothing to do with MS versus Linux or Linux versus MS, but
rather one wants see what happens when one pushes the MS/Linux button.

It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 12:50:29 AM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:50:29 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
>> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 00:09:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Sunday 05 October 2008 23:02 : \____

>>> Just some gentle advice: "Paul Montgumdrop" is in my kf. You're wasting your
>>> time talking to a Microsoft Munchkin.
>>
>> Dork....
>>

> You know it really is sad when you're just messing with people and it
> really has nothing to do with MS versus Linux or Linux versus MS, but
> rather one wants see what happens when one pushes the MS/Linux button.
>
> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Schestowitz is such an idiot. humor has bypassed him permanently.

What hasn't bypassed him however is the legal action that very well may
come his way for posting that ODF vs OOXML document on his BN website
without permission.

People in high places already know about it and will be taking action.

Hahaha....
Things will be getting very warm for Roy, and real soon.....

BTW I could care less what he posts.
He could post the Windows XP source code for all I care.
The problem is, others DO care and they have the power to make life
extremely miserable for him.
And in this case, they are going to.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
Please Visit www.linsux.org
0
brick.n.straw (6130)
10/6/2008 12:55:29 AM
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:50:29 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> Dork....
>>>
>> You know it really is sad when you're just messing with people and it
>> really has nothing to do with MS versus Linux or Linux versus MS, but
>> rather one wants see what happens when one pushes the MS/Linux button.
>>
>> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
>> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
>
> Schestowitz is such an idiot. humor has bypassed him permanently.
>
> What hasn't bypassed him however is the legal action that very well may
> come his way for posting that ODF vs OOXML document on his BN website
> without permission.
>
> People in high places already know about it and will be taking action.
>
> Hahaha....
> Things will be getting very warm for Roy, and real soon.....
>
> BTW I could care less what he posts.
> He could post the Windows XP source code for all I care.
> The problem is, others DO care and they have the power to make life
> extremely miserable for him.
> And in this case, they are going to.

Someone needs to get old Roy under control, because it seems he has been
out of control for a long time.

Some *clown* like him puts up a Web site, a blog, and all it does is
lead people to getting hacked as they visit it, because he really
doesn't know what he is doing to even protect the site or the Web
server. Hey just toss it up, because it's Linux and do nothing to
protect things. Right?

I had heard that someone like Ballard had his Web site hacked that was
leaving debree on visitor's machines. Roy knows less that Ballard
technically. So, I wouldn't visit Roy's site if he guaranteed it with
his own life, because I would make him fall on the blade, :-P

0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 1:16:47 AM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 21:16:47 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> You know it really is sad when you're just messing with people and it
>>> really has nothing to do with MS versus Linux or Linux versus MS, but
>>> rather one wants see what happens when one pushes the MS/Linux button.
>>>
>>> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
>>> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
>>
>> Schestowitz is such an idiot. humor has bypassed him permanently.
>>
>> What hasn't bypassed him however is the legal action that very well may
>> come his way for posting that ODF vs OOXML document on his BN website
>> without permission.
>>
>> People in high places already know about it and will be taking action.
>>
>> Hahaha....
>> Things will be getting very warm for Roy, and real soon.....
>>
>> BTW I could care less what he posts.
>> He could post the Windows XP source code for all I care.
>> The problem is, others DO care and they have the power to make life
>> extremely miserable for him.
>> And in this case, they are going to.
>>

> Someone needs to get old Roy under control, because it seems he has been
> out of control for a long time.
>
> Some *clown* like him puts up a Web site, a blog, and all it does is
> lead people to getting hacked as they visit it, because he really
> doesn't know what he is doing to even protect the site or the Web
> server. Hey just toss it up, because it's Linux and do nothing to
> protect things. Right?
>
> I had heard that someone like Ballard had his Web site hacked that was
> leaving debree on visitor's machines. Roy knows less that Ballard
> technically. So, I wouldn't visit Roy's site if he guaranteed it with
> his own life, because I would make him fall on the blade, :-P

www.schestowitz.com was hacked earlier this year and prior to it being
totally 0wned, it was planting trojans on unsuspecting vistor's machines
for weeks.
Even after Roy Schestowitz was warned that the site was doing funny things.

Right now Roy is scrambling around trying to keep one of his other sites,
boycottnovell.com up because the idiot posted an almost 600 page PDF
document and then spammed the link all over the place.
I'll bet that site is full of leaks, holes and trojans as well.

That alone should prove that Schestowitz has no idea how to maintain even a
simple site and that anyone associated with him should thoroughly check
their site for flaws.

Schestowitz is a Gomer Pyle, a "Sad Sack", a "Boob" and should not be
allowed within 50 feet of a running computer.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
Please Visit www.linsux.org
0
brick.n.straw (6130)
10/6/2008 1:26:45 AM
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 21:16:47 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> Schestowitz is such an idiot. humor has bypassed him permanently.
>>>
>>> What hasn't bypassed him however is the legal action that very well may
>>> come his way for posting that ODF vs OOXML document on his BN website
>>> without permission.
>>>
>>> People in high places already know about it and will be taking action.
>>>
>>> Hahaha....
>>> Things will be getting very warm for Roy, and real soon.....
>>>
>>> BTW I could care less what he posts.
>>> He could post the Windows XP source code for all I care.
>>> The problem is, others DO care and they have the power to make life
>>> extremely miserable for him.
>>> And in this case, they are going to.
>>>

>> Someone needs to get old Roy under control, because it seems he has been
>> out of control for a long time.
>>
>> Some *clown* like him puts up a Web site, a blog, and all it does is
>> lead people to getting hacked as they visit it, because he really
>> doesn't know what he is doing to even protect the site or the Web
>> server. Hey just toss it up, because it's Linux and do nothing to
>> protect things. Right?
>>
>> I had heard that someone like Ballard had his Web site hacked that was
>> leaving debree on visitor's machines. Roy knows less that Ballard
>> technically. So, I wouldn't visit Roy's site if he guaranteed it with
>> his own life, because I would make him fall on the blade, :-P
>
> www.schestowitz.com was hacked earlier this year and prior to it being
> totally 0wned, it was planting trojans on unsuspecting vistor's machines
> for weeks.
> Even after Roy Schestowitz was warned that the site was doing funny things.
>
> Right now Roy is scrambling around trying to keep one of his other sites,
> boycottnovell.com up because the idiot posted an almost 600 page PDF
> document and then spammed the link all over the place.
> I'll bet that site is full of leaks, holes and trojans as well.
>
> That alone should prove that Schestowitz has no idea how to maintain even a
> simple site and that anyone associated with him should thoroughly check
> their site for flaws.
>
> Schestowitz is a Gomer Pyle, a "Sad Sack", a "Boob" and should not be
> allowed within 50 feet of a running computer.

You had better watch-out as the Roy's advocacy lapdogs might show.

That's Petey, Billy, Linonuty, Chrisy the usual advocacy pack hounds
show and start barking in protest. <smile>
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 3:51:20 AM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 23:51:20 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> Someone needs to get old Roy under control, because it seems he has been
>>> out of control for a long time.
>>>
>>> Some *clown* like him puts up a Web site, a blog, and all it does is
>>> lead people to getting hacked as they visit it, because he really
>>> doesn't know what he is doing to even protect the site or the Web
>>> server. Hey just toss it up, because it's Linux and do nothing to
>>> protect things. Right?
>>>
>>> I had heard that someone like Ballard had his Web site hacked that was
>>> leaving debree on visitor's machines. Roy knows less that Ballard
>>> technically. So, I wouldn't visit Roy's site if he guaranteed it with
>>> his own life, because I would make him fall on the blade, :-P
>>
>> www.schestowitz.com was hacked earlier this year and prior to it being
>> totally 0wned, it was planting trojans on unsuspecting vistor's machines
>> for weeks.
>> Even after Roy Schestowitz was warned that the site was doing funny things.
>>
>> Right now Roy is scrambling around trying to keep one of his other sites,
>> boycottnovell.com up because the idiot posted an almost 600 page PDF
>> document and then spammed the link all over the place.
>> I'll bet that site is full of leaks, holes and trojans as well.
>>
>> That alone should prove that Schestowitz has no idea how to maintain even a
>> simple site and that anyone associated with him should thoroughly check
>> their site for flaws.
>>
>> Schestowitz is a Gomer Pyle, a "Sad Sack", a "Boob" and should not be
>> allowed within 50 feet of a running computer.
>>

> You had better watch-out as the Roy's advocacy lapdogs might show.
>
> That's Petey, Billy, Linonuty, Chrisy the usual advocacy pack hounds
> show and start barking in protest. <smile>

Let them....

They have been blown out of the water a long time ago and are basically
laughing stocks when they venture out of the safe confines of COLA.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
Please Visit www.linsux.org
0
brick.n.straw (6130)
10/6/2008 4:06:29 AM
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 23:51:20 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> www.schestowitz.com was hacked earlier this year and prior to it being
>>> totally 0wned, it was planting trojans on unsuspecting vistor's machines
>>> for weeks.
>>> Even after Roy Schestowitz was warned that the site was doing funny things.
>>>
>>> Right now Roy is scrambling around trying to keep one of his other sites,
>>> boycottnovell.com up because the idiot posted an almost 600 page PDF
>>> document and then spammed the link all over the place.
>>> I'll bet that site is full of leaks, holes and trojans as well.
>>>
>>> That alone should prove that Schestowitz has no idea how to maintain even a
>>> simple site and that anyone associated with him should thoroughly check
>>> their site for flaws.
>>>
>>> Schestowitz is a Gomer Pyle, a "Sad Sack", a "Boob" and should not be
>>> allowed within 50 feet of a running computer.
>>>

>> You had better watch-out as the Roy's advocacy lapdogs might show.
>>
>> That's Petey, Billy, Linonuty, Chrisy the usual advocacy pack hounds
>> show and start barking in protest. <smile>
>
> Let them....
>
> They have been blown out of the water a long time ago and are basically
> laughing stocks when they venture out of the safe confines of COLA.

And I believe you too. That's why they hang here as much as they do, as
the core dog bone chasing *clowns*.

And they do chase a bone hard!

0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 4:24:02 AM
Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@lgisp.net> writes:

> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>

> Upgrade your web browser
> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
> get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>
>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>     * Mozilla Firefox
>     * Apple Safari
>
> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
> Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
> displayed properly.
>

> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I logged
> in with.
>
> More quality tools from Microsoft. :)

You really are an idiot.

Many people use different browsers for different purposes.

Get a clue.
0
hadronquark (21814)
10/6/2008 4:49:16 AM
Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>

> Upgrade your web browser
> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
> get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>
>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>     * Mozilla Firefox
>     * Apple Safari
>
> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
> Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
> displayed properly.
>

> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I logged
> in with.

Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.

> More quality tools from Microsoft. :)

I've had complaints about this from several Firefox users, both on Linux and
Windows. And of course because it's Great Software from Microsoft, it
doesn't provide an option "Yes I know what I'm doing, don't warn me again"
to skip the nag screen. The only way to suppress this annoyance is to
manually change the user agent string to Firefox 3 via about:config,
something the average user will never think of.
I'd say that this is a good moment to dump Microsoft's crappy spammy mail
service; several of my users have done the same -- and no, not because I
told 'em to, but simply because they don't like to be pushed.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl
0
Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

<snip>

> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Slat? That sounds like one of those wierd Scandinavian fish concoctions to
me.

--
The years have been very kind to me.

It's the weekends that have done all the damage!
0
stuff5 (879)
10/6/2008 8:54:28 AM

____/ Richard Rasker on Monday 06 October 2008 08:10 : \____

> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>
>> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>>

>> Upgrade your web browser
>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To
>> get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>>
>>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>     * Mozilla Firefox
>>     * Apple Safari
>>
>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows
>> Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be
>> displayed properly.
>>

>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I logged
>> in with.
>
> Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.
>
>> More quality tools from Microsoft. :)
>
> I've had complaints about this from several Firefox users, both on Linux and
> Windows. And of course because it's Great Software from Microsoft, it
> doesn't provide an option "Yes I know what I'm doing, don't warn me again"
> to skip the nag screen. The only way to suppress this annoyance is to
> manually change the user agent string to Firefox 3 via about:config,
> something the average user will never think of.
> I'd say that this is a good moment to dump Microsoft's crappy spammy mail
> service; several of my users have done the same -- and no, not because I
> told 'em to, but simply because they don't like to be pushed.
>
> Richard Rasker

Hotmail still riddled with spam

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to
| Hotmail addresses are spam.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2188226/hotmail-riddled-spam-admits

A lot of genuine messages to Hotmail users get intercepted too (this leads to
ruined friendships and lost business). They need to be informed about this.

Also of interest:

Hotmail's antispam measures snuff out legit emails, too

,----[ Quote ]
| Hotmail users and email server admins, beware: you may be unknowingly
| caught in the crossfire of Microsoft's war on spam. Unintended
| casualties include legitimate emails from domains with
| well-established reputations, which are systematically blocked
| with absolutely no notice and little recourse.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/01/hotmail_friendly_fire/

Microsoft Announces Changes for Accessing Hotmail with Outlook Express

,----[ Quote ]
| Important news if you currently access your Windows Live Hotmail with Outlook
| Express, come June 30th. this will no longer be possible.
|
|     A change is coming for users that access Hotmail with Outlook Express.
|     Outlook Express uses a protocol called DAV (Distributed Authoring and
|     Versioning protocol) to access a Windows Live™ Hotmail® e-mail account.
|     DAV, like POP3 or IMAP, is the way that a mail client communicates with a
|     web-based mail server.
`----

http://www.liveside.net/blogs/main/archive/2008/04/18/microsoft-announces-changes-for-accessing-hotmail-with-outlook-express.aspx
http://tinyurl.com/43rg86

Microsoft to kill Hotmail access via Outlook Express

,----[ Quote ]
| The worst part is that Windows Live Mail requires the Windows XP SP2
| operating system, or newer. That means that Microsoft has effectively screwed
| Outlook Express users on Windows 2000 and earlier. Now, I'm all for progress,
| but this is a poor way to handle the protocol change. I've got news for you
| Microsoft: users prefer being able to access their mail inefficiently, as
| opposed to not at all. These users will either have to go back to the browser
| for their e-mail, or use a non-Microsoft e-mail application.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2008/04/18/microsoft-to-kill-hotmail-access-via-outlook-express

Is Microsoft still having Windows Live outage problems or not?

,----[ Quote ]
| After a full day of downtime for many Windows Live users on February 26 — an
| outage the reasons for which Microsoft has declined to explain, but claimed
| was resolved on February 26 — some users still seem to have been having
| ongoing service-access problems.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1228

Hotmail doesn't work with Firefox 2.0: Microsoft answers to Linux users "Switch
to Outlook Express"

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m the increasingly discontent owner of an Hotmail account (don’t laught, I
| subscribed back when Hotmail wasn’t owned by Microsoft). Recently, in order
| to compete with Google on the Web, Hotmail’s interface was overhauled: it now
| has a “classic” interface, which works reasonably well but is still rather
| limited, and a supposedly “Full” interface that should make it the equal of
| sites like Google Apps and Yahoo Mail/Calendar/etc.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/hotmail_doesnt_work_with_firefox_2

Hotmail engine overhaul

,----[ Quote ]
| The redesign effort, even its more ambitious aspects, is not
| a total wash, however.
|
| [...]
|
| With Hotmail, Microsoft was at the end of its development rope.
| Every new feature basically had to be "hacked" into the code.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6181819-2.html?tag=st.next

It’s ME vs. MICROSOFT - Who Will Win ?

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, the only problem with #1 is that IT DOES NOT WORK. When Microsoft
| blackholes your email, or bounces it with “550 Your e-mail was rejected for
| policy reasons on this gateway.“, no amount of client whitelisting is going
| to help (I tried it). This leaves me with option #2 - well I say “F-You
| Microsoft, I’m not paying for YOUR STUPID MISTAKES!”
`----

http://success.grownupgeek.com/index.php/2007/09/28/its-me-vs-microsoft-who-will-win/

If Intent Can Be Proven, Microsoft Could Face Millions Of Mail Fraud Charges

,----[ Quote ]
| The final results bore out the "conventional wisdom." If emails were donuts,
| Hotmail would be HomerSimpsonMail. I don't need to reiterate the figures,
| there they are in blue and red. But for a Hotmail account to destroy up to
| 81% of all emails with attachments prior to their delivery to a "generic" ISP
| email account is nothing short of absurd, as these Hotmail accounts were not
| the free variety, but the fully paid ones. Compare those figures to the ones
| where the generic ISP email accounts exchanged emails with attachments and
| you will clearly see the difference. The worst performance was in making 2%
| Vanish.
`----

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hotmail_Fails_To_Deliver_Up_To_81_Of_All_Attachment_Emails

Botnet army' behind tenfold rise in 'attachment' spam

,----[ Quote ]
| "No one but the spam group knows how many PCs they can control with this
| spambot, it is assumed to be a high five figure number. If each of the PCs is
| instructed to send 200-300 spam messages containing a PDF attachment the
| spammers can send hundreds or millions of spam messages in a day - equivalent
| to 25 percent of all spam sent on a given day."
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13866&Itemid=1054

Microsoft looking into Hotmail, Messenger problems

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft engineers were looking into problems with Windows Live
| Hotmail and Live Messenger on Thursday after users reported
| problems getting onto the services.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-6175597.html

Microsoft shipped OneCare unfinished?

,----[ Quote ]
| Since shipping in May, OneCare has failed industry tests and exposed
| users to attack because of a security flaw in the antivirus engine.
| The application also incorrectly flagged Gmail as a virus and in some
| cases quarantined or even deleted complete in-boxes when a single
| e-mail was laden with a virus.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10789_3-6168629.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Microsoft is the world's biggest cause of zombie remailers

,----[ Quote ]
| In China, it would take about one and one-half years wages (for the
| average Chinese) to buy a legitimate copy of Windows Vista. If you
| could find it here.
|
| Microsoft is the biggest cause of zombie remailers in the world,
| because they make noises, but do not do anything to address the
| real digital inequities in the world.
`----

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Mandriva & Fedora - Gotta love them girls
Cpu(s): 19.9%us, 41.6%sy,  0.1%ni, 37.2%id,  0.7%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.4%si,  0.0%st
0
newsgroups3 (79677)
10/6/2008 9:19:32 AM
SomeBloke wrote:
> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
>> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
>
> Slat? That sounds like one of those wierd Scandinavian fish concoctions to
> me.

If you know anything about cooking, then you would know that salt and
sugar combined in the recipe that calls for salt and sugar makes it
taste good. As far as some Scandinavian crap, fuck it, you eat it.
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 9:44:18 AM
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

<snipped>

Why must this clown post War and Peace? He doesn't have a technical bone
in his body.
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 9:46:40 AM
Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> Why must this clown post War and Peace?

Feel free to ask a four-year old next door how to setup a killfile

> He doesn't have a technical bone in his body.

Even if it were true, that would still be more than you have
--
Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...

Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

> SomeBloke wrote:
>> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>> It's funny and it sad. It like slat and sugar together in food, if you
>>> know what I mean, because it taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
>>
>> Slat? That sounds like one of those wierd Scandinavian fish concoctions
>> to me.
>>

> If you know anything about cooking, then you would know that salt and
> sugar combined in the recipe that calls for salt and sugar makes it
> taste good. As far as some Scandinavian crap, fuck it, you eat it.

Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on authority
that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How do I know?
Well, some humourless pillock informed me.

--
The years have been very kind to me.

It's the weekends that have done all the damage!
0
stuff5 (879)
10/6/2008 10:58:41 AM
Richard Rasker wrote:

[snip Microsoft nagging users to upgrade]

I forgot several more reasons why Windows Live Mail is total and utter crap,
apart from Microsoft treating its users as stupid cattle, prodding 'em to
upgrade whether they want it or not.
When I exchange messages with hapless users of Windows BrainlessMail, this is
what happens:

 "Hello Richard,

  A little while ago, we talked about [snip rest of top-posted reply]

  Yours truly,
  M.

  > Subject: Re: Development of audio processor> From: munged@linetec.nl> To: munged@hotmail.com> Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:23:06 +0200> > At Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:23:06 +0200, M. wrote:> > Hello Richard,> > > > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > > > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > > > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [previous messages body text]> > [big snip] Richard Rasker> -- > Linetec> Street Address> PC, City> http://www.linetec.nl/>
  Express yourself instantly with MSN Crappenger! Flush today it's FREE!
  http://crapware.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00w98475hf/direct/01/

Yup, it's typical Microsoft "quality": ignore universal standards for quotation
marks, but instead reproduce all quoted text as an unwieldy shitheap, without
regard for line endings or whatever. And oh, don't forget to affix spam for
more Microsoft crap to each and every message -- spam which, miraculously,
/is/ quite readable, line endings and all.
Then top off this appalling mess by including a bunch of HTML crap with the
same information (with the spam, of course).
Yup, it's Great Stuff from Redmond allright.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl
0
Peter K�hlmann wrote:

<snipped>

<Yield to a *CLOWN*>
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 2:14:57 PM
SomeBloke wrote:
> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>> SomeBloke wrote:
>>> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>> Slat? That sounds like one of those wierd Scandinavian fish concoctions
>>> to me.
>>>
>> If you know anything about cooking, then you would know that salt and
>> sugar combined in the recipe that calls for salt and sugar makes it
>> taste good. As far as some Scandinavian crap, fuck it, you eat it.
>
> Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on authority
> that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How do I know?
> Well, some humourless pillock informed me.

The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
yooooooou. :-P
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 2:18:41 PM
Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

> SomeBloke wrote:
>> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

>>> If you know anything about cooking, then you would know that salt and
>>> sugar combined in the recipe that calls for salt and sugar makes it
>>> taste good. As far as some Scandinavian crap, fuck it, you eat it.
>>
>> Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on
>> authority that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How do
>> I know? Well, some humourless pillock informed me.
>>

> The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
> it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
> yooooooou. :-P

Oh good. Another 14 year old making a stab at a sense of humour. Must try
harder.

--
The years have been very kind to me.

It's the weekends that have done all the damage!
0
stuff5 (879)
10/6/2008 2:27:14 PM
SomeBloke wrote:

> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>> SomeBloke wrote:

>>> Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on
>>> authority that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How
>>> do I know? Well, some humourless pillock informed me.
>>>

>> The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
>> it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
>> yooooooou. :-P
>
> Oh good. Another 14 year old making a stab at a sense of humour. Must try
> harder.

Just please don't insult the real 14 years olds. They are extremely mature
compared to that bloke
--
Subtlety is the art of saying what you think and getting out of the way
before it is understood.

SomeBloke wrote:
> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>> SomeBloke wrote:

>>> Waiter, I'll have the Slat with steamed vegetables. I have it on
>>> authority that you cook your Slat with salt and sugar. Is that so? How do
>>> I know? Well, some humourless pillock informed me.
>>>
>> The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
>> it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
>> yooooooou. :-P
>
> Oh good. Another 14 year old making a stab at a sense of humour. Must try
> harder.

Your mama loved that 14 inch dick I put in her. I didn't have to try to
hard to please her. She said that I fucked her good like Linux. :-P
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 2:40:08 PM
Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

<snip>

I was wrong, much younger than 14.

--
The years have been very kind to me.

It's the weekends that have done all the damage!
0
stuff5 (879)
10/6/2008 2:46:19 PM
SomeBloke wrote:
> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> I was wrong, much younger than 14.

Either way young or old, your mama didn't care. <smile>

0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 2:51:37 PM
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 16:33:24 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> SomeBloke wrote:
>
>> Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

>>> The mixing bowl was powered by Linux and the toilet bowl too. I'll get
>>> it right out to you after I get it prepared, a special recipe for
>>> yooooooou. :-P
>>
>> Oh good. Another 14 year old making a stab at a sense of humour. Must
>> try harder.
>>

> Just please don't insult the real 14 years olds. They are extremely
> mature compared to that bloke

Yes, quite right. I apologise to everyone with an IQ above 5, which
leaves out the wintrolls!

--
I'm always polite, reasonable and kind.... except when I'm not.
0
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:04:17 +0100, Tony Manco wrote:

> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>> I read they are moving to another sexy new protocol - "DeltaSync" - for
>> Live mail.
>>
>> DeltaSync?  Ah, yes, a new proprietary protocol which breaks all sorts
>> of things, including Outhouse Depress.
>>
>> Definitely worth a golden "Shoot yourself in the foot" award.
>>

> Do you have the link of that "DeltaSync" thing you read? - --

http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!5359.entry

Discussion on it, somewhat, here:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?
dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general&tid=537147c7-4a59-4ea8-
b096-846cd77d0a94&cat=en_US_fd0c7c3f-951a-4c1c-95bb-
cef7d67581b0&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeltaSync
0
kelseyb7267 (197)
10/6/2008 5:02:09 PM
[snips]

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:23:23 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:

>> Justification for what?  MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.
>>

> Hey you expert's expert, you guru's guru and you Moses' Moses, don't get
> your thunder and lightening panties in a pinch now about it now, ya
> hear. :-P

What are you, six?  Grow up.

0
kelseyb7267 (197)
10/6/2008 5:06:05 PM
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 10:10:13 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:

> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>
>> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>>

>> Upgrade your web browser
>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>>
>>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>     * Mozilla Firefox
>>     * Apple Safari
>>
>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
>> be displayed properly.
>>

>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I
>> logged in with.
>
> Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.

The version I'm running is 3.0.3.  Apparently I have to upgrade to a
newer version - one so new it doesn't exist.

0
kelseyb7267 (197)
10/6/2008 5:08:24 PM
[snips]

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Hotmail still riddled with spam
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
> Hotmail addresses are spam.

Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam.  That's
not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the blame
on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping spam-spewing bots
off users' computers.

0
kelseyb7267 (197)
10/6/2008 5:09:55 PM
Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
> [snips]
>
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:23:23 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>>> Justification for what?  MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.
>>>

>> Hey you expert's expert, you guru's guru and you Moses' Moses, don't get
>> your thunder and lightening panties in a pinch now about it now, ya
>> hear. :-P
>
> What are you, six?  Grow up.

What are you 106? Get you coffin dirt ready. I suggest you don't get
your panties in a pinch about it. Just like I can no more tell you what
to do, neither can you tell me what to do.
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/6/2008 5:14:32 PM
Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 10:10:13 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:
>
>> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>>
>>> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>>>

>>> Upgrade your web browser
>>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
>>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
>>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>>>
>>>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>>     * Mozilla Firefox
>>>     * Apple Safari
>>>
>>> If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
>>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
>>> be displayed properly.
>>>

>>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I
>>> logged in with.
>>
>> Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.
>
> The version I'm running is 3.0.3.  Apparently I have to upgrade to a
> newer version - one so new it doesn't exist.

Then I guess this dumb heap of Microsoft rubbish doesn't correctly recognize
your user agent string -- either that, or your user agent string has a
non-standard value (about:config -> general.useragent.extra.firefox).

But pardon me for wondering why on earth you'd want to use a crappy service
from a company you don't like -- to put it mildly?

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl
0
Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@lgisp.net> writes:

> [snips]
>
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Hotmail still riddled with spam
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
>> Hotmail addresses are spam.
>
> Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam.  That's
> not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the blame
> on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping spam-spewing bots
> off users' computers.

Are you two loonies now blaming MS for what gets sent TO a hotmail
account?

Are you mad?
0
hadronquark (21814)
10/6/2008 5:44:35 PM
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Kelsey Bjarnason
<kelseyb@lgisp.net>
 wrote
on Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:02:49 -0700
<pltnr5-8r8.ln1@spanky.work.net>:
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:09:36 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>>> Just logged into Windows live mail.  Saw the following:
>>>

>>> Upgrade your web browser
>>> We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most
>>> out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.
>>> To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
>>>
>>>     * Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>>     * Mozilla Firefox
>>>     * Apple Safari
>>>
>>> If you don?t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to
>>> Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not
>>> be displayed properly.
>>>

>>> Ahh, I should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox.  How odd; that's what I
>>> logged in with.
>>
>> So?
>
> So they're recommending I upgrade to something I'm already using, and
> warning that their site might break if I don't.
>
>>> More quality tools from Microsoft. :)
>>>

>> What? Is this the best you people can come up with as far as
>> justification?
>
> Justification for what?  MS's site is being retarded, simple as that.

Maybe only slightly brain-dead; it is entirely possible that
a fix including both the User-Agent: sent from the user's
browser and a version number would be sufficient.
Ideally, one might see the message:

** You are using Mozilla Firefox version 2.0.0.16, as far
** as we can tell from your User_Agent: headers.

** We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can
** get the most out of <service>.  To get started, choose
** one of the browsers below:

* Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8.0 <link>
* Mozilla Firefox version 3.0 <link>
* Apple Safari version ?? <link>

Of course, there's the issue that Microsoft might not
want to bother to parse the User-Agent: string to
get all this info, especially if Konqueror is involved,
as Konqueror/Qt has a number of options that allow
for customization of the User-Agent: string, depending
on how much info the user wishes to release to the
web server.

And then there's Dillo, Lynx, and other such, which
Microsoft may not recognize at all.

But hey, it's a thought. :-D

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
Windows.  Multi-platform(1), multi-tasking(1), multi-user(1).
(1) if one defines "multi" as "exactly one".
ewill5 (11075)
10/6/2008 5:53:16 PM

____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 06 October 2008 17:09 : \____

> [snips]
>
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Hotmail still riddled with spam
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
>> Hotmail addresses are spam.
>
> Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam.  That's
> not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the blame
> on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping spam-spewing bots
> off users' computers.

Today:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&sourceid=mozclient&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=captcha+hotmail

Spam swine break next-gen CAPTCHAs
Register, UK - Oct 3, 2008
Spam-tools scumbags behind the XRumer utility boast their application can
defeat improved CAPTCHA controls deployed by both Hotmail and Google in
response ...

Ars Technica
Right back at ya, CAPTCHA: bad guys crack Gmail, Hotmail
Ars Technica, MA - Oct 2, 2008
As for Windows Live Hotmail, Websense Security Labs has put together a
step-by-step demonstration of how an existing automated anti-CAPTCHA bot goes
about ...
Spammers attacking Microsoft’s CAPTCHA — again
ZDNet - Sep 30, 2008
.... spammers and malware authors are once again attempting to break
Microsoft’s “revisited” CAPTCHA, and are able to sign up Live Hotmail accounts
with a ...
Spammers Targeting Microsoft's Revised CAPTCHA Slashdot
all 2 news articles »  MSFT - WBSN
Hotmail under attack
IT Examiner, India - Oct 2, 2008
.... 2008 8:51 AM Security outfit Websense claims that spammers have cracked
Microsoft’s Hotmail mail service using streamlined anti-CAPTCHA tools. ...

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
0
newsgroups3 (79677)
10/6/2008 6:38:54 PM
Hadron wrote:

> Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@lgisp.net> writes:
>
>> [snips]
>>
>> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:19:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Hotmail still riddled with spam
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
>>> Hotmail addresses are spam.
>>
>> Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam.  That's
>> not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the blame
>> on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping spam-spewing bots
>> off users' computers.
>
> Are you two loonies now blaming MS for what gets sent TO a hotmail
> account?
>
> Are you mad?

Well, you have *one* guess what OS those spamming machines run
--
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
To mess up your Windows box, you just need to work on it.

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:59:58 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@lgisp.net> writes:
>>
>>> [snips]

>>> Yeah, but about 98% of *all* email traffic these days is spam.  That's
>>> not a Hotmail problem, particularly, though we can lay most of the
>>> blame on MS in general, for their crappy methods of keeping
>>> spam-spewing bots off users' computers.
>>
>> Are you two loonies now blaming MS for what gets sent TO a hotmail
>> account?
>>
>> Are you mad?
>
> Well, you have *one* guess what OS those spamming machines run

He's not too bright, is he?  Apparently he's not yet managed to figure
out which popular OS has the highest incidence of infections resulting in
spam bots - despite this being common knowledge for years.

0
kelseyb7267 (197)
10/6/2008 7:05:18 PM
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:31:41 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:

> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

>>> Yes, but Microsoft specifically wants you to log in with Firefox 3.
>>
>> The version I'm running is 3.0.3.  Apparently I have to upgrade to a
>> newer version - one so new it doesn't exist.
>
> Then I guess this dumb heap of Microsoft rubbish doesn't correctly
> recognize your user agent string -- either that, or your user agent
> string has a non-standard value (about:config ->
> general.useragent.extra.firefox).
>
> But pardon me for wondering why on earth you'd want to use a crappy
> service from a company you don't like -- to put it mildly?

Easy: I use it as a spam drop, and every now and then I like to go
harvest the spam for filter training purposes.  Not sure what _else_ it
would be useful for; goat knows it blows chunks as a webmail service. :)

0
kelseyb7267 (197)
10/6/2008 7:07:29 PM
Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@lgisp.net> writes:

> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:59:58 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> Hadron wrote:

>>> Are you two loonies now blaming MS for what gets sent TO a hotmail
>>> account?
>>>
>>> Are you mad?
>>
>> Well, you have *one* guess what OS those spamming machines run
>
> He's not too bright, is he?  Apparently he's not yet managed to figure
> out which popular OS has the highest incidence of infections resulting in
> spam bots - despite this being common knowledge for years.

Apparently you can not read either. Read what I types, not what you
imagine is there. Christ on a bike Kelsey you one sub IQ tape monkey.

0
hadronquark (21814)
10/6/2008 8:00:47 PM
Hadron wrote:

> Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@lgisp.net> writes:

>>> Well, you have *one* guess what OS those spamming machines run
>>
>> He's not too bright, is he?  Apparently he's not yet managed to figure
>> out which popular OS has the highest incidence of infections resulting in
>> spam bots - despite this being common knowledge for years.
>
> Apparently you can not read either. Read what I types, not what you
> imagine is there.

Heed your own advice now and then, Hadron Quark.
Your MO is to totally misread what was written

> Christ on a bike Kelsey you one sub IQ tape monkey.

Well, Hadron, pray tell: What OS, shitty beyond imagination, is responsible
for that incredible amount of spam?
--
The Day Microsoft makes something that does not suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

[snips]

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 22:11:01 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

>>> He's not too bright, is he?  Apparently he's not yet managed to figure
>>> out which popular OS has the highest incidence of infections resulting
>>> in spam bots - despite this being common knowledge for years.
>>
>> Apparently you can not read either. Read what I types, not what you
>> imagine is there.
>
> Heed your own advice now and then, Hadron Quark. Your MO is to totally
> misread what was written

No kidding.  Let's see if we can follow his "thinking":

1) He whines in incredulity that we might be suggesting MS is somehow
responsible for the majority of spam _TO_ hotmail accounts

2) We point out Windows - an MS product - is in fact responsible, albeit
indirectly, for the vast majority of all spam - which, of course,
includes spam to hotmail

3) He whines that pointing this out to him somehow doesn't deal with his
point, despite being directly to his point

Nope, sorry, I can't figure out his mental processes; I'm not entirely
sure he has any.

> Well, Hadron, pray tell: What OS, shitty beyond imagination, is
> responsible for that incredible amount of spam?

Including, again, much headed to hotmail accounts.  Wonder if he'll ever
clue in to this concept?

0
kelseyb7267 (197)
10/6/2008 9:33:14 PM
0
newsgroups3 (79677)
10/6/2008 9:51:12 PM
Kelsey Bjarnason <kelseyb@lgisp.net> writes:

> [snips]

>>> Apparently you can not read either. Read what I types, not what you
>>> imagine is there.
>>
>> Heed your own advice now and then, Hadron Quark. Your MO is to totally
>> misread what was written
>
> No kidding.  Let's see if we can follow his "thinking":

I doubt that.

But let me help you.

I said

,----
`----

Nothing more. Nothing less.

This was in response to this:

,----
| >>>> | Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to |
`----

Now, apply the cream after that spanking and run along.
0
hadronquark (21814)
  this bit o' wisdom:

> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 06 October 2008 17:06 : \____

>>> Hey you expert's expert, you guru's guru and you Moses' Moses, don't get
>>> your thunder and lightening panties in a pinch now about it now, ya
>>> hear. :-P
>>
>> What are you, six?
>
> No, he's a Munchkins. It's hard to get adults for the job.

He represents the Lollypop Guild,
   the Lollypop Guild,
      the Lollypop Guild.

--
You may already be a loser.
		-- Form letter received by Rodney Dangerfield.
On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:26:38 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 06 October 2008 17:06 : \____

>>> What are you, six?
>>
>> No, he's a Munchkins. It's hard to get adults for the job.
>
> He represents the Lollypop Guild,
>    the Lollypop Guild,
>       the Lollypop Guild.

A doggy drop for LiarMutt.

Heel Liarmutt!
Heel!

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
Please Visit www.linsux.org
0
brick.n.straw (6130)
10/7/2008 12:05:01 AM
0
newsgroups3 (79677)
10/7/2008 12:41:37 AM
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:26:38 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>>   this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> ____/ Kelsey Bjarnason on Monday 06 October 2008 17:06 : \____

>>> No, he's a Munchkins. It's hard to get adults for the job.
>> He represents the Lollypop Guild,
>>    the Lollypop Guild,
>>       the Lollypop Guild.
>
> A doggy drop for LiarMutt.
>
> Heel Liarmutt!
> Heel!

What we have here in this NG is a lot of Linux Joe Sixpacks and Soccer
moms. LOL
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/7/2008 2:43:36 AM
Verily I say unto thee, that SomeBloke spake thusly:

> Yes, quite right. I apologise to everyone with an IQ above 5, which
> leaves out the wintrolls!

You give the Trolls too much credit.

--
K.
http://slated.org

..----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev
`----

 04:06:52 up 53 days,  1:19,  4 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.80, 0.33
0
usenet3690 (8688)
10/8/2008 3:07:45 AM
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

<snipped>

Why must Roy aka Racine act like a girly-man?
0
Paul9864 (73)
10/8/2008 3:48:58 AM
NEW & SEALED APPLE IPOD TOUCH 8GB 2ND GEN MB528LL/A

FREE USPS PRIORITY MAIL! BONUS SOFTWARE! CASHBACK!

Click to go

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&campid=5336229480&toolid=10001&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Felectronics.shop.ebay.com%2Fitems%2FiPod-MP3-Players_%3FBrand%3DApple%252520iPod%26Product%252520Line%3DiPod%252520Touch%26Condition%3DNew%26_dmpt%3DOther_MP3_Players%26_fln%3D1%26_sacat%3D73839%26_ssov%3D1%26_trksid%3Dp3286.c0.m282%26_mPrRngCbx%3D1%26_udlo%3D179.91%26_udhi%3D267.99%26_qi%3DRTM547901

HELLO ALL AND WELCOME TO OUR BUY IT NOW FOR A BRAND NEW, 100% AUTHENTIC AND
SEALED APPLE IPOD TOUCH! ,
8GB MODEL!! This is the latest and greatest from Apple and the 2ND
Generation of this wonderful iPod!

As well, this is eligible for live.com's cashback. You can get this iPod for
about $186!
Please email us if you need assistance on getting the cashback rebate.

"Moshe Goldfarb." <brick.n.straw@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 21:16:47 -0400, Paul Montgumdrop wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> Schestowitz is such an idiot. humor has bypassed him permanently.
>>>
>>> What hasn't bypassed him however is the legal action that very well may
>>> come his way for posting that ODF vs OOXML document on his BN website
>>> without permission.
>>>
>>> People in high places already know about it and will be taking action.
>>>
>>> Hahaha....
>>> Things will be getting very warm for Roy, and real soon.....
>>>
>>> BTW I could care less what he posts.
>>> He could post the Windows XP source code for all I care.
>>> The problem is, others DO care and they have the power to make life
>>> extremely miserable for him.
>>> And in this case, they are going to.
>>>

>> Someone needs to get old Roy under control, because it seems he has been
>> out of control for a long time.
>>
>> Some *clown* like him puts up a Web site, a blog, and all it does is
>> lead people to getting hacked as they visit it, because he really
>> doesn't know what he is doing to even protect the site or the Web
>> server. Hey just toss it up, because it's Linux and do nothing to
>> protect things. Right?
>>
>> I had heard that someone like Ballard had his Web site hacked that was
>> leaving debree on visitor's machines. Roy knows less that Ballard
>> technically. So, I wouldn't visit Roy's site if he guaranteed it with
>> his own life, because I would make him fall on the blade, :-P
>
> www.schestowitz.com was hacked earlier this year and prior to it being
> totally 0wned, it was planting trojans on unsuspecting vistor's machines
> for weeks.
> Even after Roy Schestowitz was warned that the site was doing funny
> things.
>
> Right now Roy is scrambling around trying to keep one of his other sites,
> boycottnovell.com up because the idiot posted an almost 600 page PDF
> document and then spammed the link all over the place.
> I'll bet that site is full of leaks, holes and trojans as well.
>
> That alone should prove that Schestowitz has no idea how to maintain even
> simple site and that anyone associated with him should thoroughly check
> their site for flaws.
>
> Schestowitz is a Gomer Pyle, a "Sad Sack", a "Boob" and should not be
> allowed within 50 feet of a running computer.
>

> --
> Moshe Goldfarb
> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
> Please Visit www.linsux.org