> p.

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 1:28:12 AM
deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
>> p.

once more with feeling...

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 1:33:43 AM
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 01:33:43 +0000 (UTC), deplorable owl wrote:

> deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
>> deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
>>> p.
>>>
> once more with feeling...

Too much eggnog?
Do owls drink eggnog?

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 01:33:43 +0000 (UTC), deplorable owl wrote:
>
>> deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
>>>>
>> once more with feeling...
>
> Too much eggnog?
> Do owls drink eggnog?

lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
X server next.

Here's a couple screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 2:22:37 AM
On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
> flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> once more with feeling...
>>
>> Too much eggnog?
>> Do owls drink eggnog?
>>

> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
> X server next.
>
> Here's a couple screenshots:
> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png

Pure masochism...

Melzzzzz
12/23/2016 2:32:48 AM
Melzzzzz <Melzzzzz@zzzzz.com> wrote:
> On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
>> flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> Too much eggnog?
>>> Do owls drink eggnog?
>>>

>> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
>> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
>> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
>> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
>> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
>> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
>> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
>> X server next.
>>
>> Here's a couple screenshots:
>> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
>> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png
>
> Pure masochism...

Which part?  ssh is not masochism.  tin is not masochism.  vi is bliss,
so it's definitely not masochism.  The keyboard is somewhat painful on
that tiny screen, but other than that....  I think I'll put ssh the
wife's tablet next, which is a far better experience.  BTW, somebody
tell google to get off their ass and get a proper streetview for android.

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 2:45:03 AM
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 02:22:37 +0000 (UTC), deplorable owl wrote:

> flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> once more with feeling...
>>
>> Too much eggnog?
>> Do owls drink eggnog?
>>

> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
> X server next.
>
> Here's a couple screenshots:
> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png

You're a true gear head!!

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
> flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> once more with feeling...
>>
>> Too much eggnog?
>> Do owls drink eggnog?
>>

> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
> X server next.
>
> Here's a couple screenshots:
> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png

Ubuntu phone

http://imgur.com/9spCL70
http://imgur.com/4xGQ8wg
http://imgur.com/LKYurIa
http://imgur.com/r30EOKQ
http://imgur.com/q5rIpR3
http://imgur.com/gwPOc9Z
http://imgur.com/rbyGuYl
http://imgur.com/VzzdgER
http://imgur.com/5HbBtpo

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/23/2016 3:12:15 AM
Marek Novotny <marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:
> On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
>> flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> Too much eggnog?
>>> Do owls drink eggnog?
>>>

>> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
>> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
>> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
>> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
>> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
>> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
>> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
>> X server next.
>>
>> Here's a couple screenshots:
>> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
>> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png
>
> Ubuntu phone
>
> http://imgur.com/9spCL70
> http://imgur.com/4xGQ8wg
> http://imgur.com/LKYurIa
> http://imgur.com/r30EOKQ
> http://imgur.com/q5rIpR3
> http://imgur.com/gwPOc9Z
> http://imgur.com/rbyGuYl
> http://imgur.com/VzzdgER
> http://imgur.com/5HbBtpo

OK now i need one of those.

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 3:18:09 AM
On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
> Melzzzzz <Melzzzzz@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
>>> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
>>> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
>>> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
>>> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
>>> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
>>> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
>>> X server next.
>>>
>>> Here's a couple screenshots:
>>> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
>>> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png
>>
>> Pure masochism...
>>

> Which part?

Part that you are doing ssh with that tiny screen...

ssh is not masochism.  tin is not masochism.  vi is bliss,
> so it's definitely not masochism.

I don't know what's tin, but vi is masochism (not connected to this
particular masochism).

  The keyboard is somewhat painful on
> that tiny screen, but other than that....

somewhat ;)

 I think I'll put ssh the
> wife's tablet next, which is a far better experience.  BTW, somebody
> tell google to get off their ass and get a proper streetview for android.

All in all I prefer putting sshd,slrn and vi on phone and ssh to phone
rather then opposite ;p

Melzzzzz
12/23/2016 3:19:56 AM
deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
> Melzzzzz <Melzzzzz@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
>>> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
>>> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
>>> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
>>> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
>>> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
>>> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
>>> X server next.
>>>
>>> Here's a couple screenshots:
>>> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
>>> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png
>>
>> Pure masochism...
>>

> Which part?  ssh is not masochism.  tin is not masochism.  vi is bliss,
> so it's definitely not masochism.  The keyboard is somewhat painful on
> that tiny screen, but other than that....  I think I'll put ssh the
> wife's tablet next, which is a far better experience.  BTW, somebody
> tell google to get off their ass and get a proper streetview for android.

Well, looks like it streetview's there in maps after all.  Just a bit hidden.

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 3:21:38 AM
On 12/22/16, 8:12 PM, in article
1LudnVTA49ySC8HFnZ2dnUU7-QfNnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

>> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
>> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
>> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
>> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
>> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
>> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
>> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
>> X server next.
>>
>> Here's a couple screenshots:
>> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
>> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png
>
> Ubuntu phone
>
> http://imgur.com/9spCL70
> http://imgur.com/4xGQ8wg
> http://imgur.com/LKYurIa
> http://imgur.com/r30EOKQ
> http://imgur.com/q5rIpR3
> http://imgur.com/gwPOc9Z
> http://imgur.com/rbyGuYl
> http://imgur.com/VzzdgER
> http://imgur.com/5HbBtpo

Would love to see a video of it... looks good.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them

0
Snit
12/23/2016 3:22:16 AM
Melzzzzz <Melzzzzz@zzzzz.com> wrote:
> On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
>> Melzzzzz <Melzzzzz@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> Pure masochism...
>>>

>> Which part?
>
> Part that you are doing ssh with that tiny screen...
>
> ssh is not masochism.  tin is not masochism.  vi is bliss,
>> so it's definitely not masochism.
>
> I don't know what's tin, but vi is masochism (not connected to this
> particular masochism).
>
>   The keyboard is somewhat painful on
>> that tiny screen, but other than that....
>
> somewhat ;)
>
>  I think I'll put ssh the
>> wife's tablet next, which is a far better experience.  BTW, somebody
>> tell google to get off their ass and get a proper streetview for android.
>
> All in all I prefer putting sshd,slrn and vi on phone and ssh to phone
> rather then opposite ;p

LOL, so I better carry my laptop with me and leave my server-phone at home.

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 3:23:14 AM
On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:

> LOL, so I better carry my laptop with me and leave my server-phone at home.

You like being phonetard?

Melzzzzz
12/23/2016 3:24:48 AM
On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
> Marek Novotny <marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

>>> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
>>> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
>>> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
>>> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
>>> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
>>> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
>>> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
>>> X server next.
>>>
>>> Here's a couple screenshots:
>>> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
>>> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png
>>
>> Ubuntu phone
>>
>> http://imgur.com/9spCL70
>> http://imgur.com/4xGQ8wg
>> http://imgur.com/LKYurIa
>> http://imgur.com/r30EOKQ
>> http://imgur.com/q5rIpR3
>> http://imgur.com/gwPOc9Z
>> http://imgur.com/rbyGuYl
>> http://imgur.com/VzzdgER
>> http://imgur.com/5HbBtpo
>>
> OK now i need one of those.

It needs a LOT of work. But it's fun to monitor the progress.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/23/2016 3:25:30 AM
Melzzzzz <Melzzzzz@zzzzz.com> wrote:
> On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> LOL, so I better carry my laptop with me and leave my server-phone at home.
>
> You like being phonetard?

lol.  touché.

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 3:38:22 AM

>>> http://imgur.com/4xGQ8wg
>>> http://imgur.com/LKYurIa
>>> http://imgur.com/r30EOKQ
>>> http://imgur.com/q5rIpR3
>>> http://imgur.com/gwPOc9Z
>>> http://imgur.com/rbyGuYl
>>> http://imgur.com/VzzdgER
>>> http://imgur.com/5HbBtpo
>>>
>> OK now i need one of those.
>
> It needs a LOT of work. But it's fun to monitor the progress.

Can you make phone calls with the ubuntu phone?

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 3:38:57 AM
flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 02:22:37 +0000 (UTC), deplorable owl wrote:
>
>> flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> Too much eggnog?
>>> Do owls drink eggnog?
>>>

>> lol.  No, after buying my wife a tablet computer, I decided to get
>> my first smartphone.  So of course I had to install Juicessh and
>> connect to my laptop and see how well tin works.  It's not perfect,
>> and I occasionally get "screen too small. tin is exiting" errors, and
>> if I change orientation, tin wants to crash, but other than that it
>> seems to work ok.  On its own, Juicessh is great.  I can edit files
>> in vi, and that's 70% of my computing needs right there.  May go for an
>> X server next.
>>
>> Here's a couple screenshots:
>> http://i.imgur.com/WJItbEU.png
>> http://i.imgur.com/uelOZGA.png
>
> You're a true gear head!!

More like a luddite, I'd say.

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 3:40:23 AM
deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
> Melzzzzz <Melzzzzz@zzzzz.com> wrote:

>>> Which part?
>>
>> Part that you are doing ssh with that tiny screen...
>>
>> ssh is not masochism.  tin is not masochism.  vi is bliss,
>>> so it's definitely not masochism.
>>
>> I don't know what's tin,

newsreader
www.tin.org

0
deplorable
12/23/2016 3:55:55 AM
On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
> Marek Novotny <marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

>>> OK now i need one of those.
>>
>> It needs a LOT of work. But it's fun to monitor the progress.
>>

> Can you make phone calls with the ubuntu phone?

Of course. It's a phone.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/23/2016 3:57:33 AM
Marek Novotny <marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:
> On 2016-12-23, deplorable owl <owl@rooftop.invalid> wrote:
>> Marek Novotny <marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

>>> It needs a LOT of work. But it's fun to monitor the progress.
>>>

>> Can you make phone calls with the ubuntu phone?
>
> Of course. It's a phone.

Just wanted to make sure they had that part covered.

0
deplorable