Lineox Inc. releases Lineox Linux LIFF - The Complete Linux Document Collection and Server

Press release 28. Nov. 2003
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Lineox Inc. releases Lineox Linux LIFF - The Complete Linux Document
Collection and Server

Lineox Inc, a company dedicated to Linux products, consulting and
education, has today released Lineox LIFF, which is a completely new
kind of documentation product. Lineox LIFF combines innovatively many
techniques to make it the best Linux documentation product in the market
today. The product can be downloaded as a CD-ROM image from
www.lineox.com and bought as a CD-R disk.

This unique CD-ROM contains almost 1.8GB of files and can be read with
Linux kernel 2.4.14 or later, which support transparent CD-ROM file
system compression. The disk contains about 900MB of documentation files
including all Linux Documentation Project books and HOWTO documents. The
disk also contains all program documentation of soon to be released
Lineox Enterprise Linux, man and info pages converted to HTML format,
and all recent Red Hat and Mandrake manuals.

This huge document collection is indexed and if Lineox LIFF is installed
as an add-on to a web server, the documents can be searched in seconds
depending on server and network speed. The search can be restricted to
all or some documents of a certain category or all documents on Lineox LIFF.

When Lineox LIFF is installed on a web server, it can be used from any
operating system and browser with network connection. LIFF is installed
on www.lineox.com, so the on-line version can be tried before purchasing
or downloading Lineox LIFF.

Lineox LIFF offers three different installation options. It can be
installed as a normal hard disk installation requiring almost 1.8GB of
hard disk space. CD-ROM image file installation requires only about
690MB of hard disk space because the image file contains compressed
CD-ROM file system. The third option actually offers a possibility to
regain up to about 500MB of hard disk space because all the files
required by LIFF are accessed from CD-ROM and optionally the files which
are the same on hard disk can be removed and replaced with links to CD-ROM.

Additional information
www.lineox.com
linux@lineox.com

--
Raimo Koski  raimo.koski@raimokoski.com  http://www.raimokoski.com/

# Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: cola@stump.algebra.com #
# PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.  #
# This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/              #

Raimo
12/6/2003 6:53:00 AM
comp.os.linux.announce 2885 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Linux, Linux, Linux

Lineox Releases Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 x86_64 and First Always Current x86_64 Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.x Versions
Lineox Releases Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 x86_64 and First Always Current x86_64 Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.x Versions 14. Mar. 2005 Lineox has released today Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 x86_64 version which is built from the source packages available from ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/x86_64/SRPMS Lineox has replaced some graphics files and changed or replaced some other files mainly because of trademark issues while retaining full compatibility. This release includes also updated packages which were built from 28 source packages available from ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS Yumex, a graphical front-end to yum package management system was added to x86_64 version because apt doesn't properly support multiple architecture packages. Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 x86_64 has only i386 versions of OpenOffice.org and HelixPlayer. Also many browser plug-ins are available only as x86 versions, so Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 x86_64 version has many x86 libraries. When used as server oriented system Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 x86_64 version shoudn't need any x86 packages, but as workstation oriented system there is some need for them and then using apt as a package management system is impossible. Apt and and it's graphical front-end synaptic are still included and preferred as more mature package management solutions. Lineox has released also two Always Current x86_64 versions of Lineox...

Lineox Releases Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 x86_64 and First Always Current x86_64 Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.x Versions #2
[...]

Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 Released with Always Current Version and Update Service for Lineox and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1
30. Aug. 2004 Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 is compiled from sources available from ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/2.1AS/en/os/i386/SRPMS. The only packages that were altered are redhat-logos and anaconda. This makes Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 highly compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 AS. Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1.007 contains all available updates including Update 5. Lineox has reserved lower version numbers to older Update levels and we may make Always Current versions based on these if there is enough customer demand because some commercial software packages are supported only on certain Update levels. Main reason for making Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 was to create a platform on which to build updated packages from source packages published by Red Hat, Inc. which continue to be available up to May 31 2009. Lineox self plans to use these packages to keep some of our servers updated, which are still running Red Hat 7.2 based Spectra Linux 1.1. This is very painless migration because Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 and that in turn on Red Hat 7.2. Most painless transfer is however using our affordable Update Service on existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 systems. Lineox doesn't offer any other support than package updates, but in most cases that is all what up and running systems need. Availability, Pricing Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 is a...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatter.com 1869 unruh-s...@physics.ubc.ca FRom http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.setup/about Top posters This month 35 art...@sj.speakeasy.net 25 t...@invalid.invalid 21 a...@zimage.comant 15 Nico Kadel-Garcia 13 n...@youmustbejoking.demon.cu.invalid 8 dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org 8 jhas...@newsguy.com 7 jul...@tampabay.rr.com 6 karthikbalagur...@gmail.com 5 Doug Freyburger All time 2999 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 1752 nka...@comcast.net 1510 scare.c...@oz.land 1458 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 1262 mjtob...@removethis_consultant.com 1132 nka...@bellatlantic.net 1128 kim...@lightlink.com 1106 nos...@nosite.zzz 1047 effla...@xnet.com 1007 m...@scrum.muc.de -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.faceboo...

My Linux is not your Linux

Why linux is linux

Update 7 for Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 is Available as Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.14
18. Mar. 2006 Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.140 adds Update 7 compiled from the source packages from ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/3AS/en/os/SRPMS Release notes can be found at http://www.lineox.net/RELEASE-NOTES-U7-i386-en.html (x86 architecture) and http://www.lineox.net/RELEASE-NOTES-U7-x86_64-en.html (AMD 64-bit x86_64 architecture). In the 3.140 version the installation environment is rebuilt, so it offers better hardware support during the installation. Note however that booting from a floppy is no longer supported in x86 version. The x86_64 version has never had floppy boot support. New features introduced by this update include: - Improved support for NUMA architectures. - Addition of OpenIPMI userspace tools The following device drivers have been upgraded to new versions: - aacraid, e1000, emulex, fusion, ipmi, megaraid2,tg3, SATA support, lpfc, serverworks, siimage, aic7xxx Driver additions including - bnx2, dell_rbu, and megaraid_sas The x86_64 release requires either AMD Opteron or Athlon64 CPU based computer. Some new Intel Xeon and Pentium IV processors that have EM64T (Extended Memory 64 Technology) will be also able to run this version. Pricing and availability Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux download quota costs 10 Euros for one disk set and 15 Euros for two disk sets. Version 3.122 is also available for free from our mirror servers and from the Lineox server la...

Update 5 for Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 is Available as Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.092
Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.092 with Update 5 Available 20. May 2005 Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.092 adds Update 5 compiled from the source packages from ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/3AS/en/os/SRPMS Release notes can be found at http://www.lineox.net/RELEASE-NOTES-U5-i386-en.html (x86 architecture) and http://www.lineox.net/RELEASE-NOTES-U5-x86_64-en.html (AMD 64-bit x86_64 architecture). In the version 3.092 the installation environment is rebuilt, so it offers better hardware support during the installation. New features introduced by this update include: - support for 2-TB partitions on block devices - support for new disk, network, and USB devices - support for clustered APIC mode on AMD64 NUMA systems - netdump support on AMD64 and Intel EM64T systems - diskdump support on sym53c8xx and SATA piix/promise adapters - NMI switch support on AMD64 and Intel EM64T systems The following device drivers have been upgraded to new versions: 3c59x ------ LK1.1.18 3w-9xxx ---- 2.24.00.011fw (new in Update 5) 3w-xxxx ---- 1.02.00.037 8139too ---- (upstream 2.4.29) b44 -------- 0.95 cciss ------ v2.4.54.RH1 e100 ------- 3.3.6-k2 e1000 ------ 5.6.10.1-k2 lpfcdfc ---- 1.0.13 (new in Update 5) tg3 -------- 3.22RH The x86_64 release requires either AMD Opteron or Athlon64 CPU based computer. Some new Intel Xeon and Pentium IV processors that have EM64T (Extended Memory 64 Technology) will be a...

Lineox Releases Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0
Lineox Releases Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 25. Feb. 2005 Lineox has released today Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 which is built from the source packages available from ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/SRPMS Lineox has replaced some graphics files and changed or replaced some other files mainly because of trademark issues while retaining full compatibility. This release includes also updated packages which were built from 28 source packages available from ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS Lineox expects to release the x86_64 version next week. Because Fedora Core 3 and Beta 2 of the product on which Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 is based were released almost simultaneously and 1216 of the 1398 packages in Beta 2 are exactly the same, Lineox encourages Fedora Core 3 users to upgrade their "beta quality" Linux to the stable version offered by Lineox. Pricing and availability A bittorent for CD binary iso files is available from Lineox download page at http://www.lineox.net/download.php Please leave your download client running after the download is complete (with ports 6881-6889 open) as your client will become part of the peer to peer bittorrent network and reduce the load on our network mirrors. Most of the disk images are also already available from our mirrors via http, ftp and rsync. 4 CD-R set and DVD+D are available from Lineox at 14.90 Euros. About Lineox Although ...

Lineox Releases Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0
Lineox Releases Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 29. Jan. 2004 Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 is a new Linux distribution built from modified Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 sources. Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 offers customers enterprise level Linux operating system at an attractive price level without bundled support options. Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 is available immediately directly from www.lineox.com and soon also from resellers. The suggested retail price is 17.90 Euro for DVD-ROM and approximately 20 USD/Euro for separately sold printed Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 Installation Guide. Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 contains all freely distributable programs found in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 AS/ES/WS, Red Hat Cluster Suite, and Red Hat Developer Suite. On the same DVD-ROM there are also 6 different language versions of OpenOffice.org 1.1.0, dictionaries, spell checkers, and other support files. As preferred package management system, Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 utilizes apt-get, which resolves package dependencies automatically. Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 users can use apt-get to get security and feature updates from www.lineox.com and other Internet sites. Graphical front-end to apt-get, synaptic, is also included. Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 DVD-ROM contains a large collection of additional third party program packages that can be easily installed and managed with synaptic. As on-line documentation Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 ...

[News] [Linux] Yoper (Linux) 3.0 Released, Linux-EduCD 0.8 Released
Yoper 3.0 - Codename 'TITANIUM' released ,----[ Quote ] | The Yoper team, together with lead-developer Tobias Gerschner, are proud | to announce the long awaited stable release of Yoper GNU/Linux 3.0, | codename 'Titanium'. `---- http://www.yoper.com/announcements/yoper-3.0/ Another new release here: http://www.linux-educd.pl/ ...

Lineox Releases Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 RC1
Lineox Releases Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 RC1 17. Feb. 2005 Lineox has released today the first release candidate of Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 which is built from the source packages available from ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/SRPMS Lineox has replaced some graphics files and changed or replaced some other files mainly because of trademark issues while retaining full compatibility. This release includes also updated packages which were built from 27 source packages available from ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS Lineox expects to release the final version of Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 within one week and x86_64 RC1 version later this week. Because Fedora Core 3 and Beta 2 of the product on which Lineox Enterprise Linux 4.0 is based were released almost simultaneously and 1216 of the 1398 packages in Beta 2 are exactly the same, Lineox encourages Fedora Core 3 users to upgrade their "beta quality" Linux to the stable version offered by Lineox. A bittorent for CD binary iso files is available from Lineox download page at http://www.lineox.net/download.php The only way to download ISO's is currently via bittorrent. Please leave your download client running after the download is complete (with ports 6881-6889 open) as your client will become part of the peer to peer bittorrent network and reduce the load on our network mirrors. NOTE: This is a Release Candidate d...

[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: Bio-Linux and Portable Linux

Lineox Releases Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.001
Lineox Releases Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.001 23. Feb. 2004 Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.001 is the first revision of Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 in the Always Current series of which a new revision is released every time a bug or security fix program package is released. When a customer downloads three CD-ROM images or one DVD-ROM image of the Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux, every package it contains is current, there is no instant need to update packages, and the system is secure right from the start. The high speed download quota for Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux is sold directly from www.lineox.com at 15 Euros and 20 Euros for both disk type versions. Lineox expects to release new revisions of the Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux once or twice every week. When you install an ordinary, partially outdated Linux distribution, you have to download and install all the cumulated updates to ensure you installation is current and secure. Using Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux, you install only current program packages and save both download and installation time. Lets guess that you save half an hour. Now ask yourself: is that time more valuable than 15 Euros? Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0, which was released 29. Jan. 2004 is a new Linux distribution built from modified Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 sources. Lineox Enterprise Linux 3.0 offers customers enterprise level Linux operating system at an ...

[News] [Linux] Another Stable Release of Linux, Another Linux Event in the UK
Stable Linux Kernel 2.6.21.4 Released ,----[ Quote ] | Chris Wright and the rest of the -stable team have announced a new | release of the stabilized Linux kernel. `---- http://pcburn.com/article.php?sid=2306 LUGRadio Live ,----[ Quote ] | 40 speakers, hundreds of people, exhibition, live LugRadio | recording -- be there! `---- http://www.lugradio.org/freedommarch/ ...

[News] [Linux] New Linux Releases: Endian Firewall Distro, SoL Linux
[Endian Firewall 2.1 Just Released] ,----[ Quote ] | Endian Firewall Community is a "turn-key" linux security distribution | that turns every system into a full featured security appliance. The | software has been designed with "usability in mind" and is very easy | to install, use and manage, without losing its flexibility. `---- http://www.endian.com/en/community/download/iso/ SoL25 Relased as well: http://www.ots.at/presseaussendung.php?schluessel=OTS_20070626_OTS0031 Second issue of Full Circle Magazine 'leaked' early: http://www.ronnietucker.co.uk/issu...

[News] 3 New Linux Shows Released: Linux Basement, Linux Void...

[News] [Linux] Sun is Hunting for Linux Servers, But Keeps Losing Space to Linux
Sun Microsystems launches new Enterprise Services Plan ,----[ Quote ] | Sun is striving to establish its Solaris Unix operating system as | an alternative to Linux. Unlike other vendors, Sun promotes its | version of Unix as an open, non-hardware-aligned platform. `---- http://www.ovum.com/news/euronews.asp?id=5856#2944171340830618264 It has just lost to Linux again. Burbank Gets Higher Performance In Move To Blade Servers ,----[ Quote ] | Other advantages were inherent in the blade server architecture. For | one, applications that ran on Solaris were consolidated on to a Linux | bla...

[News] [Linux] ELive Release; New Alpha of Skype for Linux, Linux for Musicians
Elive 0.6.8 development released ,----[ Quote ] | If it is not possible for you to download via torrent, please ask for | the ISO download on the #elive channel in your xchat. `---- http://www.elivecd.org/gb/Main/News/ Skype for Linux 1.4 Alpha release ,----[ Quote ] | Today, we have released Skype for Linux 1.4 Alpha, a test version | which will give you a sneak-peek into how the next major release for | Linux will function. `---- http://share.skype.com/sites/garage/2007/05/skype_for_linux_14_alpha_relea.html JackLab - A Linux Distro For Musicians ,----[ Quote ] | The developers of Jac...

[News] [Linux] Redmond GNU/Linux Releases Update, Yoper Linux Reaches RC
Lycoris Desktop/LX Amethyst Update 3 ,----[ Quote ] | Lycoris' Desktop/LX is currently being shipped with the 2.2.2 version | of KDE while the developers work on a new release of Desktop/LX with | a later version of KDE ? 3.2.x. This new version is slated for | release some time near the middle of this year (2004). | | In The Beginning... | | The first release of Desktop/LX was called "Redmond Linux Desktop | Operating System." `---- http://www.osgui.com/lycoris/lycoris-desktop-lx-amethyst-update-3-2.html KDE-based, built by a former Microsoft employee. Yoper 3.0 RC1 - Code...

[News] [Linux] New Version of Berry Linux Released; A Look at Edubuntu and Arch Linux
Berry (from Japan) has a new release: http://berry.sourceforge.jp/ Tip of the Trade: Edubuntu ,----[ Quote ] | You can literally have an entire network up and and running in | an hour. | | Edubuntu, like all good Linuxes, supports older hardware well. `---- http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/3682596 Arch Voodoo Install ,----[ Quote ] | I would recommend Arch Linux to anyone who can read documents. Arch is | a very simple, fast and clean Linux distribution and installs only | the required applications. `---- http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2007/06/arch-voodoo-ins...

[News] [Linux] Linux Servers Take Over with Virtualisation, So Microsoft Announces Vapourware
Xen: Moving beyond VMware, Part 2 ,----[ Quote ] | What percentage of the district's servers is virtualized on | Xen? | | At the office, I'd say 70%. We do a lot of Linux and all of our | Linux stuff is virtualized. We have a couple of Windows servers | virtualized on Xen, as well, but they?re lighter loads, such | as Web applications. `---- http://www.virtual-strategy.com/article/articleview/2071/1/7/ Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 Escapes Delayed Beta Process ,----[ Quote ] | But some customers looking for a feature that Microsoft brochures | said it has may be disappointed toda...

Web resources about - Lineox Inc. releases Lineox Linux LIFF - The Complete Linux Document Collection and Server - comp.os.linux.announce

Brogdale Farm - home of the National Fruit Collection - a great day out in Kent
Brogdale Farm, home of the National Fruit Collection Kent tourist attraction. A great day out for all the family with local produce, healthy ...

National Fruit Collection
The is one of the largest fruit collections in the world and includes over 3,500 named Apple, Pear, Plum, Cherry, Bush fruit, Vine and Cob Nut ...

Collection (museum) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A museum is distinguished by a collection of often unique objects that forms the core of its activities for exhibitions , education , research ...

MWC 2016: LG's G5 is a modular smartphone with a collection of 'friends'
After last year's phone was a curved glass, leather-clad affair, LG goes in a radically different direction again with a phone that has interchangeable ...

The 16th Annual Academy Awards Cookie Collection
It’s that time of year… When New York bakery Eleni’s rolls out its annual Academy Awards Cookie Collection. In case you’re not familiar with ...

Microsoft president denounces government data collection, throws support behind Apple
Apple isn’t the only technology company battling the U.S. government's attempts to access customer data. The Redmond company has for years resisted ...

What we think we know about Apple's spring collection
... only begun, but his company still has its eyes on where the puck will be. Here’s what we think we know about Apple’s forthcoming spring collection, ...

Citibank Caught Screwing Up Credit Card Debt Collections, Must Refund $5M
... buyers were unable to update customer accounts in a timely manner. So debtors paid more than they should, and some were likely sent to collections ...

Mega Man Legacy Collection's Japanese trailer is nuts
If you're prone to seizures, exit the building now. The Mega Man Legacy Collection is out worldwide in physical form, and Capcom has a new Japanese ...

The Collections - New York Fashion Week Fall 2016
Watch runway shows from the hottest fashion designers, scope the best dressed celebrities on the red carpet street style, discover the latest ...