combining symbols with a shared library

Hi

I've got a shared library lib.so and a symbol file for it lib.dbg and I want to combine them together.
How can I do that in linux ?

thanks for help
0
porparek
9/25/2015 8:34:28 AM
comp.os.linux.development.apps 5216 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

os.linux.development.apps
hEy, Please Visit http://www.familypk.com Familypk About Articles, Tutorials, Learning, Block checkers, Myspace, Twist, Daily news updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies, Stories, Kids, Woman, Kitchen, Islamic names, Hair style, Fashion, Home decoration, Songs, PTCL, Games, etc..... Please Visit http://www.enttwist.com Enttwist About Articles, Tutorials, Cheat Codes, Hacking News, Games Setup, Greeting Cards, E-Cards, Telephone Directry, Web Directry, Learning, Block checkers, Myspace, Twist, Daily news updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies, ...

Developing old Mac OS apps on Linux?
Does anybody know if it is possible to develop apps that run on the old Mac OS (6,7,8,9) using Linux development tools? I know that it is possible to set up a gnu toolchain to cross-compile and link apps for the m68k target. What I'm looking for is a small glue layer (SDK) that I would allow my apps to run under Mac OS. I haven't investigated this much, so I'm not sure what is out there. I know this sounds obscure, but I want to develop a few applications to run on an old powerbook running Mac OS 7. I don't think it is possible to get the old development tools fro...

What tools should I choose to develop app/sys program in Linux OS?
Hello, Everybody, I am a newbie for Linux. I want to develop the application/system programs in Linux Os. And I am using the Red Hat 7.2 Linux.The languages that I will use are ASM ,C and C++. Pls tell me , what tool(or tools) should I choose ? Thanks in advance! George. 2003-06-26 In article <bdf4or$2its$1@mail.cn99.com>, George Zhang wrote: > Hello, Everybody, > > I am a newbie for Linux. I want to develop the application/system programs Hint: Around here, "system" refers to the kernel. If you're doing kernel work, fine. Oth...

IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X?
IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X? I set up SAMBA on the LInux machine and the MAC (running the very latest OSX) can copy files to the SAMBA share at lightning speeds. When I try and copy files from the LInux machine to the Mac they take an eternity. So slow in fact I have to kill the process . I would appreciate any thoughts on why that maybe and also if there is a better way to share files (I guess HTTP-FTP would be the most sensible option ). navti wrote: > IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and > MAC O...

gdb: "Could not load shared library symbols for linux-gate.so.1"
In gdb, I got this warning: Could not load shared library symbols for linux-gate.so.1. Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"? I compiled with g++ -I include/ -ggdb *.cpp -o run uname -a tells me Linux nl106-137-194 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2 i686 GNU/Linux What does it mean? -- Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below) computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573 internet activity: http://home.student.uu.se/embe8573 On 8/30/2013 1:27 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote: > In gdb, I got this > > warning: Could ...

Some questions about shared library import library in Linux
Hi all, I hope this is the right group to post this message. In Windows, there are .lib file used to import the function in DLL file to the binary application. I have come across many .a file in Mingw. Generally, .a files are binary archive file. But I am wondering is that kind of file can be used as import library in Mingw? Thanks very much! Regards! Bo Bo Yang <struggleyb@gmail.com> writes: > I hope this is the right group to post this message. A more specific group will give you more detailed answers. > In Windows, there are .lib file used to import the functio...

Building a shared library for both C++ app and Java app?
I have a C++ application that retrieves/writes data from/into a DB2 UDB (v8.1) database. I'm thinking of building some C++ routines into a shared library, and call those routines from the C++ application. However, I may also need to develop a Java application later as a data viewer/report generator. Does that mean I also have to build a shared library in Java? I want to use most of the routines I will build for the C++ app, instead of re-writing them in Java. Is there a way to do so? Maybe I'm asking too much. Thanks. minjie wrote: > I have a C++ application that re...

[News] Linux Wins Because of Applications (Developers, Developers, Developers Come to Linux)
Red Hat growth: A tale of 2,000 applications ,----[ Quote ] | Red Hat's Linux business continues to boom, even when we don't give it the | credit that it deserves. What is the underlying reason for that growth? | | Applications. `---- http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9791171-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad Open Source for Business: Now More Than Ever, Part 1 ,----[ Quote ] | No App Scarcity | | The growth of open source applications in the business workplace, at least to | some degree, is the result of a large inventory of program choices. There is | no s...

Common (OS X and OS 9) search path for shared libraries
Hello everybody, We have several applications which use a shared library (in Extensions folder). These are non-carbonized applications, they work only for Mac OS 9 and later. Now we want to carbonize these applications, but when we run them in Mac OS X, the system cannot find the library. I have read I need to put it at \Library\CFMSupport ... trying this, it works fine but now we need to have two copies of the same library: one of them at Extensions folder and the other one at \Library\CFMSupport ... My question is: Is there a common search path for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X? ... ...

shared library
Hi, I have shared library which compiled as DLL work fine on windows. But when I compile it as shared on Linux it doesnt work:(( When I'm loading it with wxDynamicLibrary I get this error: "Faild to load shared library 'iorsh.so': undefined symbol: _Z12wxInitializev' ". The library use "wx/app.h" but the application use "wx/wx.h". I guess that problem is somewhere there, but where... How should I compile a share library on linux?? Is just "gcc -Wall -shared `wxbase-2.4-config --cppflags` -o iorsh.so iorsh.cpp" enough?? ...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron The JNI library must be Mach-O. It must be a dylib named "lib<yourlibname>.jnilib". I'm pretty sure there is sample code for JNI libs on the Apple Developer Site. You say that your nat...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. The library uses PowerPlant to display and handle a dialog box that communicates with the caller application. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron ...

shared library
Hi, I build xerces to get a shared library. But in the lib folder there are 3 files [ libxerces-c.so,libxerces-c.so.27.0, libxerces-c.so.27] of which 2 are shortcuts. Why is this kind of a file system required. I googled and got 2 references 1) http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html 2)http://users.actcom.co.il/~choo/lupg/tutorials/libraries/unix-c-libraries.html But they only gave info about what the 3 files are and not about why 3 files are required for a shared library. Why this kind of an architecture is needed ? Why can't we have a single file as i...

lazyload of shared library symbol
Assume the following shared library (testlib.c) #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> extern int fct1(void); int fct2(void); int fct1() { #ifdef x1 printf("x1\n"); #else printf("x2\n"); #endif return fct2(); } int fct2() { #ifdef x1 printf("x1\n"); return 11; #else printf("x2\n"); return 22; #endif } > gcc -shared -o x1 -Dx1 testlib.c > gcc -shared -o x2 testlib.c and the following executable (testx.c) /* testx.c */ #include <stdlib.h> #include &...

Web resources about - combining symbols with a shared library - comp.os.linux.development.apps

Protein combining - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Protein nutrition is complex because any proteinogenic amino acid may be the limiting factor in metabolism . Mixing livestock feeds can optimize ...

Facebook Combining $50 Ad Credits and 3 Simpler Ad Tools to Attract Small Businesses
Facebook will this week announce a new push to get small businesses using the site for marketing, according to USA Today . Facebook COO Sheryl ...

Stitch It! - Edit & share screenshots! - Combining screengrabs as a seamless vertical collage! on the ...
Get Stitch It! - Edit & share screenshots! - Combining screengrabs as a seamless vertical collage! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

The Cruise Director: combining cruise and rail holidays
Combining a cruise with a rail journey is an increasingly popular choice around the world.

High paying job in Australia: Data scientist combining maths, marketing - DailyTelegraph Search Search ...
MATHS and marketing are the keys to a big pay packet, with one new occupation offering $200,000 a year and predicted to become a staple in businesses ...

High paying job in Australia: Data scientist combining maths, marketing
MATHS and marketing are the keys to a big pay packet, with one new occupation offering $200,000 a year and predicted to become a staple in businesses ...

Combining last names
... couples have come up with an interesting solution. CBC.ca home Help Search the CBC Player Submit Search News - Oct 17, 2013 - 10:36 Combining ...

Combining Political Trips With Official Business Isn't New At All
OTTAWA - Announcement, political rally, photo-op, political rally, announcement, repeat as needed.The prime minister's travel agenda these days ...

Combining utilization of two items - People's Daily Online
EditedandtranslatedbyLiQian,People'sDailyOnlineWorn-outsilkstockingsarenotsuitabletow