compiling Qt .... compiling Qt ....compiling Qt.... compiling Qt

I got myself new kernel from kernel.org...
make xconfig needs Qt (new system).
So I got new Qt source this afternoon.
It is still compiling....

Who said MS is bloat has not done this.

What does Qt do?
Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig?
0
Jan
2/2/2006 7:18:09 PM
comp.os.linux.development.apps 5216 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:18:09 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote:

> Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig?
Why not curses based? menuform
--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

0
Michael
2/2/2006 8:55:33 PM
On a sunny day (Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:55:33 +0100) it happened Michael Rasmussen
<mir@miras.org> wrote in <pan.2006.02.02.20.55.33.763274@miras.org>:

>On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:18:09 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>
>> Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig?
>Why not curses based? menuform

Because last time I tried that it was broken to unusable?
I may try it again, QT installed, env set .. QTDIR  etc.. still make xconfig aborts...

grep -r "Unable to find the QT installation"
scripts/kconfig/Makefile:            echo "* Unable to find the QT installation. Please make sure that"; \

It is a complot by ? to make it impossible to make a small fast systemm..  ;-)

You REALLY have to know a lot to get any of this stuff to work.
So now I will look at and perhaps edit scripts/kconfig/Makefile to find whay it complains.

The good thing is QT installed and completed without aborting and the demos work.
The bad thing is some of thsose demos are insane slow on a Duron 950.

It IS all moving towards extreme bloat.
Do people REALLY want 3D  to click on an icon?

I'd just rather type a filename then work myself through 100 menus and submenus to
find it was in an other submenu.

Well what do you say.......

That 100$ laptop, you know, MUST have Xfree and fvwm.

Do not let redhead make the soft no no, not Novell no no, not QT no no.. old version
of slackware perhaps..

hehe
:-)
0
Jan
2/2/2006 10:42:45 PM
On a sunny day (Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:42:45 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote in <dru1te$986$1@news.datemas.de>:

>On a sunny day (Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:55:33 +0100) it happened Michael Rasmussen
><mir@miras.org> wrote in <pan.2006.02.02.20.55.33.763274@miras.org>:
>
>>On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:18:09 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>
>>> Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig?
>>Why not curses based? menuform
>
>Because last time I tried that it was broken to unusable?
>I may try it again, QT installed, env set .. QTDIR  etc.. still make xconfig aborts...
>
>grep -r "Unable to find the QT installation"
>scripts/kconfig/Makefile:            echo "* Unable to find the QT installation. Please make sure that"; \
>
>It is a complot by ? to make it impossible to make a small fast systemm..  ;-)
yes it seems to be, QT has changed install dir path!!!!
In the kernel script for make manuconfig
scripts/kconfig/Makefile
it says:
        for d in $$QTDIR /usr/share/qt* /usr/lib/qt*; do \
            if [ -f $$d/include/qconfig.h ]; then dir=$$d; break; fi; \
          done; \
          if [ -z "$$dir" ]; then \

HOWEVER the QT (most recent i dowloaded today) installs in:

/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include/Qt
and all subdirs have this Qt dir (not all the same of course ;-) ) in the path...

root@grml /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include # ls
Qt/          QtAssistant/  QtDesigner/  QtNetwork/  QtSql/  QtTest/     QtXml/
Qt3Support/  QtCore/       QtGui/       QtOpenGL/   QtSvg/  QtUiTools/

So, late now....

I have considered writing a 'panteltje Linux.'
These things make me want to do it, also want to make me buy a PS with MS windows pre-installed.

Thing must get better in my view.
Never piss of your developers.

0
Jan
2/2/2006 10:58:51 PM
On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:58:51 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote:

> yes it seems to be, QT has changed install dir path!!!! In the kernel
> script for make manuconfig scripts/kconfig/Makefile
> it says:
>         for d in $$QTDIR /usr/share/qt* /usr/lib/qt*; do \
>             if [ -f $$d/include/qconfig.h ]; then dir=$$d; break; fi; \
>           done; \
>           if [ -z "$$dir" ]; then \
>
> HOWEVER the QT (most recent i dowloaded today) installs in:
>
> /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include/Qt and all subdirs have this Qt dir
> (not all the same of course ;-) ) in the path...

I you may be out of lock. AFAIK the qt interface in the kernel config is
made for qt3

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917

0
Michael
2/2/2006 11:10:13 PM
Jan Panteltje wrote:
> I got myself new kernel from kernel.org...
> make xconfig needs Qt (new system).
> So I got new Qt source this afternoon.
> It is still compiling....
>
> Who said MS is bloat has not done this.
>
> What does Qt do?
> Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig?
There is (was? havn't compiled a kernel for quite some time.)
also the gconfig target , and the menuconfig target.
0
ISO
2/3/2006 7:26:24 AM
On 2006-02-02, Jan Panteltje <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]
>>It is a complot by ? to make it impossible to make a small fast systemm..  ;-)
> yes it seems to be, QT has changed install dir path!!!!
[...]
> HOWEVER the QT (most recent i dowloaded today) installs in:
>
> /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include/Qt
> and all subdirs have this Qt dir (not all the same of course ;-) ) in the path...

Well. You should have tried make menuconfig with the kernel first. So
far it always worked for me.

Qt is a bloat, but many people like the outside appearance of it, so it
is used. But if you decide to install it you have to read lots of docs
first. In those you'll see that there are 2 ways to install it. The
default one makes switching Qt versions easy. The non-default complies
with standart directories layout. So you have a choice.

Nevertheless, it's still not the end of the story. After installing latest
Qt, one discovers, that most of the programs out there are written for
old versions of Qt and those are not compatible with the latest one. So
you either have to go back to compiling, or forget the whole story (I
opted for the last).

> I have considered writing a 'panteltje Linux.'
> These things make me want to do it, also want to make me buy a PS with MS windows pre-installed.

Unfortunately the last option (MS windows) does not do much better :)

After all it should be the matter of taste and knowledge. No sense to
argue about it.

Andrei
2/3/2006 8:56:54 AM
Jan Panteltje wrote:
> I got myself new kernel from kernel.org...
> make xconfig needs Qt (new system).
> So I got new Qt source this afternoon.
> It is still compiling....
>
> Who said MS is bloat has not done this.
>
> What does Qt do?
> Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig?

->
http://home.online.no/~osmoma/kompilere_kjerne.html
0
moma

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

Compile or not compile?
There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able to compile "on fly". At the beginning I thought this was related to the paths idl "knew", but this happens for two functions/routines in the same directory. Can someone tell when a function can be runned without be compile? Nuno Oliveira wrote: > There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How > do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able > to compile &quo...

Compiling Compiler
Hi there, I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding compilers. I have sun cc compiler that supports 64 bit environment. Now, I compile ACK using this compiler.This should give a compiler that supports 64bit environment. Since the output files are in Solaris format, I compile the ACK source *once again* using the just compiled ACK compiler so that I get Minix object and binary files. Now my questions is that does this 2nd version of ACK be able to produce true 64bit code? Sanky wrote: > Hi there, > > I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding...

QT compilation
Hi, When I try to compile QT 3.2.2 with --prefix=somedir, I get this error: make[4]: Entering directory `/tmp/qt-x11-free-3.2.2/tools/designer/designer' /tmp/qt-x11-free-3.2.2/bin/uic -L /tmp/qt-x11-free-3.2.2/plugins listboxeditor.ui -o listboxeditor.h /tmp/qt-x11-free-3.2.2/bin/uic: relocation error: /tmp/qt-x11-free-3.2.2/bin/uic: undefined symbol: fromAscii__7QStringPCci make[4]: *** [listboxeditor.h] Error 127 make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/qt-x11-free-3.2.2/tools/designer/designer' make[3]: *** [sub-designer] Error 2 make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/qt-x11-free-3.2.2/tools...

which compiler compiled?
Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? I looked at the file with a hex editor and didn't see anything obvious. Lawrence "Lawrence" <just4me@nowhere.com> writes: > Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? Yes with some compilers and some executable formats. E.g. on HP-UX for PA-RISC: $ aCC leak.C $ odump -compunit a.out ... 6 0 ANSI C++ leak.C /tmp ctcom options = -inst compiletime -diags 523 -inline_power 1 -longbranch 2 -unique_strings on -cachesize 256 B...

Compiled or not compiled
I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in compiled mode. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks Tomy Duby "Tomy Duby" <tomy.duby@agilent.com> wrote in message news:idq8q8$85k$1@fred.mathworks.com... > I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function > is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in > compiled mode. > Any ideas how to do this? HELP ISDEPLOYED. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com comp.s...

compiling qt app extensions with distutils
I'd like to extend my C++ Qt applicaition using distutils. Looking over the tutorial docs (http://docs.python.org/extending/ building.html#building), it seems fairly intuitive for simple examples, but I'm already using a rather complex qmake/Makefile system to get all my cpp files and libraries included. Is it possible to take advantage of the existing makefile (http://pastebin.com/ Ln3NCkNL)? On 22/07/11 15:43, strattonbrazil wrote: > I'd like to extend my C++ Qt applicaition using distutils. Looking > over the tutorial docs (http://docs.python.org/extending/ > buildi...

QT compile Probs
Hi, i need to compile QT 3.1.2 with a static archive libqt.a, and i've tried sevral things, but none seem to work. i always get problems with an object file from glibc-devel: /usr/lib/crt1.o I'm working on Red Hat 7.1 or 7.2 and i use -static -disable-opengl -fast as args for ./configure Everything goes roundly and all the files compile and it breaks when trying to link libqt.so which it shouldn't be trying to anyway, since i need the libqt.a Please help me if you can, cause i've already wasted too much time on this.. pj Here's the error output: ...

Compile tile-qt
Hi, I am kind of sorry to make such a silly question, but this is the first tim= e I have tried to compile something made with cmake and I am completely at = a loss. What have I got to do the set the path where I have Tcl/Tk installed or whe= re I want tile-qt to be? Thanks, Andr=E9s Στις 20/11/2012 13:55, ο/η tclcurl@gmail.com έγραψε: > Hi, > > I am kind of sorry to make such a silly question, but this is the first time I have tried to compile something made with cmake and I am completely at a loss. > > What have I got to do the set the path where I have Tcl...

trouble compiling with qt
I am trying to compile qbrew ( http://www.usermode.org/code.html ) but it is failing on the qt check. I learned that qt must be installed and isn't by default so I used darwinports to get it installed. Now the qt check works, but the qt compilation check fails. So I tried specifying the location of the qt library using the following command "setenv LIBQT /usr/lib/libqt-mt.3.2.3.dylib" after which I still received the compilation check error. After looking in the config.log I can see that there are C errors where it says certain functions conflict with other C functions. This is all over my head. If anyone could provide some assistance it would be appreciated! Dave ...

Connot compile Qt
I was trying to compile Qt-win-opensource-desktop-4.0.0 but always got those "undefined reference" errors. For example (snippet of the output): qdom.cpp: undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)' tmp\obj\release_shared\qdom.o(.text$_ZN19QDomNotationPrivateD1Ev+0x50):qdom.cpp: undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)' tmp\obj\release_shared\qdom.o(.text$_ZN19QDomNotationPrivateD1Ev+0x68):qdom.cpp: undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)' tmp\obj\release_shared\qdom.o(.text$_ZN19QDomNotationPrivateD0Ev+0x58):qdom.cpp: undefined re...

QT compile error.
Debian with latest upgrades. AMD 64 1gb KDE I am trying to compile QT3.3.1 free which should be a fairly simple task, since unlike most programming sources, their instructions are straightforward and understandable. But I get the following error. In file included from /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:41, from kernel/qt_x11_p.h:152, from kernel/qtaddons_x11.cpp:25: /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:20:2: #error "`ft2build.h' hasn't been included yet!" /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:21:2: #error "Please always use ...

program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler
Hi, I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler. Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru KBG <karthik.balaguru@lntinfotech.com> wrote: > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. No problem, just send $10 to paypal@zevv.nl and I'll do your homework for you. -- :wq ^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C KBG said: > Hi, > > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. Can you think of any syntactic differences between C and C++? For example, what about keywords? They are very, very sen...

[News] Linux Motif GUI Replaced by Qt; Compiler Improved for Linux on Itanium 2
Concurrent's NightStar Tools For Linux To Offer New Graphical Interface and Enhanced Real-Time Application Debugging And Tuning ,----[ Quote ] | NightStar version 4.1 features a complete graphical user interface | (GUI) makeover that makes it more flexible and easier to use. | NightStar's current Motif GUI will be replaced by a Qt-based | presentation with more modern rendering, shading and option | control. The new version allows individual tool panels to be | moved and resized to make it easy for users to customize | their debugging displays. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/port...

C++ compiler errors (OS X, QT)
Hello world, I have some code, which happily runs on Ubuntu. Now, I have to port this code to OS X. However, on compiling I get (hundreds of) errors like: /usr/include/c++/4.0.0/bits/localefwd.h:124: error: 'mbstate_t' was not declared in this scope /usr/include/c++/4.0.0/bits/localefwd.h:124: error: template argument 3 is invalid /usr/include/c++/4.0.0/bits/localefwd.h:126: error: 'mbstate_t' was not declared in this scope /usr/include/c++/4.0.0/bits/localefwd.h:126: error: template argument 3 is invalid /usr/include/c++/4.0.0/bits/localefwd.h:132: error: expected `>'...

cant compile on linux system.cant compile on cant compile onlinux system.
hi all, I have simple basic c++ program "hello world" which i cant compile on linux system. I have given extension as .C. please tell me how to compile C++ programs on Linux. On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 03:09:38 -0800, Nagaraj wrote: > hi all, > I have simple basic c++ program "hello world" which i cant compile on > linux system. I have given extension as .C. please tell me how to > compile C++ programs on Linux. If your program file is helloworld.C (assuming you have the GNU compiler gcc installed, which you hopefully will) try: g++ helloworld.C -o helloworld t...

which compiler was used to compile?
Is there a slick way to invent a constant in a program that tells you which compiler you used. I distribute both JET and JavaC versions of my code, and it helps to know on any error dump which version they were using. Right now I manually change a static final just before compiling. I thought there ought to be something less error prone. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java Glossary. Roedy Green wrote: > Is there a slick way to invent a constant in a program that tell...

Compiling with the eclipse compiler
Hey all,I have a weird problem (at least it's weird to me).I have a big project that I need to compile through ant with eclipse'scompiler.In the build.xml my compile target looks like this : <target name="compile" depends="release-settings, init" description="compiles everything from source"> <echo message="Compiling with debug = ${build.debug}"/> <depend srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${class.dir}" cache="${dependencies.dir}" closure="true"/> <javac srcdir=...

Writing a compiler compiler
Hello, Firstly, let it be known that I am quite new to the subject of parser generators, and having written only simple parsers for frivoulous grammars by hand have little experience. My objective is thus - to create a parser generator that will eventually generate a parser for a dynamic language. However, my undestanding of different parser types and distinctions between is minimal; but as the web is a good enough resourse please assume my knowledge of those areas. The target for this parser generator would be a language similar to C#, and I have found Jay (a yacc clone to C# and Java). Th...

ACE compiled with QT creator
I have noticed that ACE include .sln files for making it easier to compile it within MSVC but nobody seems to be intrested in a .pro file for qt creator, I would be. Just in case no one ever makes ACE project files for Qt Creator, are you aware that you can use Qt with Visual Studio? ...

Meta4... a compiler-compiler
in the csa2 gmail account... description is very interesting. in the Pidgin for Apple II/Merlin/6502 message Rich ...

need help compiling with qt
I am trying to compile qbrew ( http://www.usermode.org/code.html ) but it is failing on the qt check. I learned that qt must be installed and isn't by default so I used darwinports to get it installed. Now the qt check works, but the qt compilation check fails. So I tried specifying the location of the qt library using the following command "setenv LIBQT /usr/lib/libqt-mt.3.2.3.dylib" after which I still received the compilation check error. After looking in the config.log I can see that there are C errors where it says certain functions conflict with other C functions. This ...

KDE/Qt Compile Problems
Hello NG, so everybody told me to forget Linux cause its not usable on a Octane I tried to build the System how I like. I installed GCC and some other stuff from freeware.sgi.com and now i tried to make the first step to replace the IRIX Desktop with KDE, to compile QT. First thing I noticed is, that I have to move /usr/bin/CC..cc..c++ because the ./configure tries to use the SGI compiler. Well maybe its better to use the SGI but I can't, it ask me for a license - crazy! After this it starts to compile and the it stops: CC -o qmake project.o property.o main.o mak...

Web resources about - compiling Qt .... compiling Qt ....compiling Qt.... compiling Qt - comp.os.linux.development.apps

Cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Feds put protest activity under microscope in compiling national 'risk forecast'
Use of social media, the spread of "citizen journalism," and the involvement of young people are among the key trends highlighted by a federal ...

10 Tips For Compiling A Deal Sheet
Compiling a deal sheet is a great way of taking stock of your experience and of seeing where your experience may be lacking.

Compiling 64-Bit Code
Describes the 64-bit features available in OS X.

Is there a benefit to compiling your code as you go?
Stack Exchange This Q&A is part of a weekly series of posts highlighting common questions encountered by technophiles and answered by users ...

6 cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Compiling The Absurd Box Score For Space Jam ; Or, Shawn Bradley Sucked Against Cartoons, Too
This is Regressing, a numbers-minded column by our clever friends at the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective. Over the next few days, ...

We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. Help Us.
The United States has no database of police shootings. There is no standardized process by which officers log when they've discharged their weapons ...

Flat UI Pro Tutorial: Setting and Compiling Using LESS
In this video tutorial, you use components from Flat UI Pro to create a complete simple mail app using LESS. He takes you through the steps to ...

Industrious 4chan user is compiling a list of every videogame ever made
... me to enter a few hundreds of games into my Backloggery account , and I haven't even finished it yet. Ambitious 4chan user Data_baser is compiling ...