filesytem idea

    I don't know whether this should go here or comp.os.linux.devel.system
so I will post here. Has anyone worked with or know anything about this
filesystem?

https://code.google.com/p/pfsbuilder/

It is very interesting. I've never quite seen things done this way. The
files are compressed and added to I guess a jar file. I have used it and the
filesystem is created. But I don't know how to "add" it to a linux OS. Or
any other OS for that matter.

    Anyone knowing anything about that and any linux drivers or modules tha
tcan work with this would be appreciated thanks.

Bill

0
Bill
6/22/2015 8:55:08 PM
comp.os.linux.development.apps 5216 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"Bill Cunningham" <nospam@nspam.invalid> wrote in message
>    I don't know whether this should go here or comp.os.linux.devel.system
> so I will post here. Has anyone worked with or know anything about this
> filesystem?
>
> https://code.google.com/p/pfsbuilder/
>
> It is very interesting. I've never quite seen things done this way. The
> files are compressed and added to I guess a jar file. I have used it and
> the filesystem is created. But I don't know how to "add" it to a linux OS.
> Or any other OS for that matter.
>
>    Anyone knowing anything about that and any linux drivers or modules tha
> tcan work with this would be appreciated thanks.

    Well, I guess this is the page that answers my question. It says use the
FUSE interface. I am not quite sure how to do that. I can look though. Would
anyon familiar have any input though?

Bill

http://peter.kingofcoders.com/?p=1368

0
Bill
6/22/2015 8:59:15 PM
On 22.6.15 23:59, Bill Cunningham wrote:
> "Bill Cunningham" <nospam@nspam.invalid> wrote in message
>>     I don't know whether this should go here or comp.os.linux.devel.system
>> so I will post here. Has anyone worked with or know anything about this
>> filesystem?
>>
>> https://code.google.com/p/pfsbuilder/
>>
>> It is very interesting. I've never quite seen things done this way. The
>> files are compressed and added to I guess a jar file. I have used it and
>> the filesystem is created. But I don't know how to "add" it to a linux OS.
>> Or any other OS for that matter.
>>
>>     Anyone knowing anything about that and any linux drivers or modules tha
>> tcan work with this would be appreciated thanks.
>
>      Well, I guess this is the page that answers my question. It says use the
> FUSE interface. I am not quite sure how to do that. I can look though. Would
> anyon familiar have any input though?
>
> Bill
>
> http://peter.kingofcoders.com/?p=1368

You could start here:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Filesystem_in_Userspace>

--

-TV

0
Tauno

os.linux.development.apps
hEy, Please Visit http://www.familypk.com Familypk About Articles, Tutorials, Learning, Block checkers, Myspace, Twist, Daily news updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies, Stories, Kids, Woman, Kitchen, Islamic names, Hair style, Fashion, Home decoration, Songs, PTCL, Games, etc..... Please Visit http://www.enttwist.com Enttwist About Articles, Tutorials, Cheat Codes, Hacking News, Games Setup, Greeting Cards, E-Cards, Telephone Directry, Web Directry, Learning, Block checkers, Myspace, Twist, Daily news updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies, ...

Developing old Mac OS apps on Linux?
Does anybody know if it is possible to develop apps that run on the old Mac OS (6,7,8,9) using Linux development tools? I know that it is possible to set up a gnu toolchain to cross-compile and link apps for the m68k target. What I'm looking for is a small glue layer (SDK) that I would allow my apps to run under Mac OS. I haven't investigated this much, so I'm not sure what is out there. I know this sounds obscure, but I want to develop a few applications to run on an old powerbook running Mac OS 7. I don't think it is possible to get the old development tools fro...

What tools should I choose to develop app/sys program in Linux OS?
Hello, Everybody, I am a newbie for Linux. I want to develop the application/system programs in Linux Os. And I am using the Red Hat 7.2 Linux.The languages that I will use are ASM ,C and C++. Pls tell me , what tool(or tools) should I choose ? Thanks in advance! George. 2003-06-26 In article <bdf4or$2its$1@mail.cn99.com>, George Zhang wrote: > Hello, Everybody, > > I am a newbie for Linux. I want to develop the application/system programs Hint: Around here, "system" refers to the kernel. If you're doing kernel work, fine. Oth...

[News] Linux Wins Because of Applications (Developers, Developers, Developers Come to Linux)
Red Hat growth: A tale of 2,000 applications ,----[ Quote ] | Red Hat's Linux business continues to boom, even when we don't give it the | credit that it deserves. What is the underlying reason for that growth? | | Applications. `---- http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9791171-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad Open Source for Business: Now More Than Ever, Part 1 ,----[ Quote ] | No App Scarcity | | The growth of open source applications in the business workplace, at least to | some degree, is the result of a large inventory of program choices. There is | no s...

[News] Interviews With GNU/Linux Developers and Linux Browser Developers Too

linux os development job
Hi: We are looking for Linux OS/software developers/engineers. Intended use in thin clients and desktop systems. Please call or sms on mumbai 9820146118 or mail at sealtechnologies@gmail.com Thanks ...

A novel idea for linux developers
Think about this: ME = joe user YOU = developer sql database and drivers ME not want to have to learn every freaking thing about an odbc driver. Nor do I want to learn about your threading processes. I just want to connect to a database and use. ME not want to learn about the C++ class libraries, and what depends on what. I don't care. I just want to use. Next time a person asks to borrow my cell phone, i will say NO, and make them take classes on cell phone design, electronics, networks, and every option they don't care about, just in case they may care; some day! tab wrot...

Mac OS apps on Linux
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to run off the shelf Mac OS X apps, eg. Pages, or any of the iLife stuff, on Linux? Since Mac OS is a BSD, it should be easy, methinks, but what's the exact software needed, and the exact procedure? Since besides the kernel, the programs would also need facilites on the part of X and whatever desktop system like Gnome or KDE, it's not just a question of the kernel itself. So - what's needed, is it possible, and how do I do it? Thanks. begin virus.txt.scr binary-nomad@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello, > Can anyone tell me how to run off the shelf M...

linux os development job
Hi: We are looking for Linux OS/software developers/engineers. Intended use in thin clients and desktop systems. Please call or sms on mumbai 9820146118 or mail at sealtechnologies@gmail.com Thanks ...

Developing Palm Apps on Linux
I'm using a Fedora Core 3 box and would like to develop a couple of pretty simple palm apps. The books I looked at all seem to be at least 3 years and they probably only cover windows. Can anybody recommend a good site? -- Mark Healey marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com Mark Healey a �crit, le 15/06/2005 07:30 : > I'm using a Fedora Core 3 box and would like to develop a couple of pretty > simple palm apps. The books I looked at all seem to be at least 3 years > and they probably only cover windows. > > Can anybody recommend a good site? Well, any ...

OS X or Linux, for Lisp development?
Hello, I intend to do lots of learning at home using cmucl, emacs/slime, many libraries like CL-SQL, CL-PPCRE etc , and hopefully apache/mod_lisp or araneida. My question is, if I use an Apple Mac running OS X 10.3, will using all the above be more difficult than on Linux? Would it be best to try to install Linux on the Mac? (don't know a lot about Macs, how easy is dual-boot OS X/Linux?) Is there a problem on OS X with there being a lack of a decent packaging system? Is it a lot easier to pull in / build external libraries on Linux than OS X? I don't intend to start a fl...

[News] Linux Ponders Linux-Next for Better Development, OpenSolaris Development Failed
The Usefulness Of Linux-Next ,----[ Quote ] | Andrew Morton noted, "putting arm into linux-next means that Stephen (and | git) handle the merges rather than having me (and not-git) do it. Which helps | me. I expect that linux-next will get a lot more cross-compilation testing | than -mm. Which helps you." Greg KH added, "getting your stuff into | linux-next would provide a public place for others to base off of, making it | easier for them to send patches to you ensuring that they apply properly. | Which in the end, will help others be able to contribute easier, and help ...

Linux Kernel Developer Offers 'Free Linux Driver Development'
"Yes, that's right, the Linux kernel community is offering all companies free Linux driver development. No longer do you have to suffer through all of the different examples in the Linux Device Driver Kit, or pick through the thousands ... <http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=17109> -- ..................... http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html ...

New Linux OS Developed in Nokia

Web resources about - filesytem idea - comp.os.linux.development.apps

openSUSE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The initial release of the community project was a beta version of SUSE Linux 10.0, and as of November 16, 2011 the current stable release is ...

Git - git-init Documentation
Instead of initializing the repository where it is supposed to be,place a filesytem-agnostic Git symbolic link there, pointing to thespecified ...

IBM AIX Version 7.1 operating system: Overview
Overview of AIX Version 7.1 operating system - open, secure, scalable, reliable UNIX operating system for IBM Power Systems servers.

Gifts for All in Linux 2.6.28
Graphics performance, wireless USB support and power utilization improvements top the Linux stocking stuffers in new release.

Cookbook - Ubuntu developer portal
developer Jump to content Start Scopes Overview Tutorials Guides API Cookbook Web Apps Core Publish Community Log in My Apps Search Scopes › ...

WDTV Live Streaming (Gen3) Homebrew - Born to be compiled - Page 3
This first Homebrew is a Proof of concept for mounting any filesytem network, even through the internet. It is not possible to add functionalities ...

Hardening Framework
Hardening Framework Features Articles Docs Team GitHub Puppet Forge Chef Community Imprint Overview Hardening Framework Components ✓ Applications ...

Info for "PoweredBy" - Hadoop Wiki
The following users subscribed to this page:[en] ErIc14 SongLiu LarsFrancke tuxracer69 TomWhite FreemanJackson Elvis Saravia Piyush Upadhyay ...