os.linux.development.apps

hEy,

   Please Visit http://www.familypk.com

         Familypk About Articles, Tutorials, Learning, Block checkers,
Myspace, Twist, Daily news updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies,
Stories, Kids, Woman, Kitchen, Islamic names, Hair style, Fashion,
Home decoration, Songs, PTCL, Games, etc.....

   Please Visit http://www.enttwist.com

          Enttwist About Articles, Tutorials, Cheat Codes, Hacking
News, Games Setup, Greeting Cards, E-Cards, Telephone Directry, Web
Directry, Learning, Block checkers, Myspace, Twist, Daily news
updates, Entertainment, Horoscopes, Movies, Stories, Kids, Woman,
Kitchen, Islamic names, Hair style, Fashion, Home decoration, MSN
Nicknames, Songs, PTCL, Games, etc....

   please visit  http://www.fashion.enttwist.com
its alll about fashion sarees, dresses. etc

                                                                  Thanx

0
fp20071
8/17/2007 1:44:32 PM
comp.os.linux.development.apps 5216 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Mac OS apps on Linux
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to run off the shelf Mac OS X apps, eg. Pages, or any of the iLife stuff, on Linux? Since Mac OS is a BSD, it should be easy, methinks, but what's the exact software needed, and the exact procedure? Since besides the kernel, the programs would also need facilites on the part of X and whatever desktop system like Gnome or KDE, it's not just a question of the kernel itself. So - what's needed, is it possible, and how do I do it? Thanks. begin virus.txt.scr binary-nomad@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello, > Can anyone tell me how to run off the shelf M...

[News] Interviews With GNU/Linux Developers and Linux Browser Developers Too

Mobile App Development Company USA
SIMpalm, the top mobile application development company, was founded in 200= 9 in Maryland. SIMpalm walks parallel with the changing trends & key driver= s of mobile technology. We design & develops mobile applications for vibran= t platforms like iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android OS, Blackberry(RIM), HTML5, Sen= cha Touch, Jquerymobile and Appcelerator. ...

BDE/MSSQL Delphi App into Linux OS
Hi, I have an environment where the only reason to Windows to exist are the Delphi applications, no more. Then, I would like to know if there is some way to use these apps with WINE on Linux. The apps need to access a DB MS SQL Server 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server, using Delphi BDE + MSSQL Client Libs. There is also a Delphi app accessing a Firebird Server with BDE + IB/FB Client Libs. With Firebird is the problem easy to solve or same that MSSQL? Thanks for any help... ...

Developers (developers, developers, ...)
Hello, I've been writing some sort of renderer in my spare time for the last year or so. It's far from being RenderMan compliant, but that's the general goal ( http://kazzuya.com/ribtools ). I'm a complete beginner when it comes to off-line rendering. And it's been a quite a challenge to get this far 8) I don't see much activity around here, but I suspect that the old- schoolers are probably still checking the group. So, I'll try to ask: ...is there a currently more active and developer-inclined discussion forum ? I surely could use some hints 8) ...

Linux developers hate Linux
Install MonoDevelop. Remember, Suse and Mono, same company. If you install on Windows, you just click and install. Big, bam, done. If you install on Suse 10, you have dependency issues, compile issues, and no RPM. They almost want you to go windows. Linux developers must hate Linux. Do they factor the cost of time in these Total Cost of Ownership? Ack, I did make a mistake here. This post is not correct. Hi there, tab wrote: > Ack, I did make a mistake here. > This post is not correct. Ack, you did... Yast takes care of Mono nicely in 10.0... I'm not going to mock you,...

Developers (developers, developers, ...)
Hello, I've been writing some sort of renderer in my spare time for the last year or so. It's far from being RenderMan compliant, but that's the general goal ( http://kazzuya.com/ribtools ). I'm a complete beginner when it comes to off-line rendering. And it's been a quite a challenge to get this far 8) I don't see much activity around here, but I suspect that the old- schoolers are probably still checking the group. So, I'll try to ask: ...is there a currently more active and developer-inclined discussion forum ? I surely could use some hints 8) ...

Linux and OS X Apps Cross On Over To The Windows Side
Linux and Mac now run Windows Apps using Crossover 6.0 <quote> Linux and Apple's Mac OS X are effective desktop operating systems, to be sure, but Microsoft's Windows has such a big piece of the operating system market pie that many app vendors don't even bother making their products available for non-Windows platforms. </quote> <quote> Codeweavers' CrossOver 6.0, a commercial distribution of the open- source Wine Project, allows users to install Windows applications on non-Windows operating systems. The most interesting new element of CrossOver (which was fo...

Help with porting windows app to Linux OS in VMWare
Someone help me. I'll pay. I need to Port a windows app. written/compiled in Visual Basic 6 that I developed over to Linux using WINE. I like the OS be installed in VMWare. Here's what I want. A VMWare file that contains a Linux OS with my windows App. installed and running correctly under WINE or sometime similiar. I like someone who know how to use WINE. I like someone who know how to use VMWare. I like someone who knows how to port windows app. to Linux before. I need someone who can use the smallest installation of Linux and have my Visual Basic app. ru...

Rest of the world could start using and developing Linux and OS
Hi, I have too much free time so I am polluting this newsgroup - sorry... Software industry is dominated by the US. I appreciate USA for the contribution it has made in this area. It basically started it. But it is getting little bad for the rest of the world. It's expense and what's more important is the patent system USA want's to clone all over rest of the countries. So all USA's software patents will be effective by the signing of a treaty. This is horrible... That makes rest of the world 'slaves' for the USA. Why the decision makers won't understand it. Either they are stupid - which I doubt - or there is a hidden agenda - or money - or both. Other countries should really get together and start concentrating on Open Source. The needs of them are not that different that common projects could not be started. Why develop same system several times? I have been thinking that let's leave politics and just concentrate making Linux and OS better. Nowadays I think that's totally wrong. Naturally Linux and OS must get better all the time but there are room for politics also. It is those damn clowns who decide and rewards those instances they get most money from. The whole lobbying concept makes me sick. It is as legalized bribery. I understand that groups of people makes memos to representatives for the things they care. But when money enters the equation it becomes bribery. It is that simple. I have been reading this cola...

RED HAT TO DEVELOP EMBEDDED LINUX OS WITH WIND RIVER
======================================================================== Posted February 23, 2004 8:52 AM Pacific Time Red Hat Inc. will make a Linux operating system for embedded devices through a partnership with Wind River Systems Inc., which specializes in software for this type of device, the companies announced Monday. For the full story: http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=5581A9:2585418 -- A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C000BD1D in VXD VMM(01) + 0000AD1D. The current application will be terminated. On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:17:30 +0000, Dr alw wrote: > ===========...

Any IDE's available for Palm OS development under Linux?
After struggling for hours to get J2ME working in JBuilder 9, then discovering that there is no real support for PDA's (forms, buttons, etc.), I'm looking for an IDE that will allow me to develop Palm OS apps under Linux. So far I haven't found any. -Thanks ...

nuclear science group develops Eclipse-based app on Linux
Nuclear science group develops Eclipse-based app on Linux Rodney Gedda Aug 24 2004 In what appears to be a coup for the IBM-born Eclipse open source Java development framework, the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organization (Ansto) has started using it to build a Linux-based desktop application for controlling laboratory instrumentation. Ansto's IT project manager Nick Hauser said having been through the design phase, development of the application called Gumtree - has started and is due for completion in two years. 'Once complete the application will allow neutron beam ...

[News] Interview with Developer of Chrome OS Zero (GNU/Linux Desktop)

Mac OS Surpasses Linux as Primary Software Development Environment in North America
linux loses again. http://news.yahoo.com/mac-os-surpasses-linux-primary-software-development-environment-180219788.html Mac OS Surpasses Linux as Primary Software Development Environment in North America Santa Cruz, CA (PRWEB) August 09, 2011 The Mac operating systems has surpassed Linux in popularity as a development environment in North America according to the recently released Evans Data North American Development survey. Although Windows remains overwhelmingly the most popular operating system for development with over 80% of developers using it, Linux has slipped to third place with only 5.6 percent using it as their primary development platform, while 7.9 percent now use Mac OS. ...

Development tool for embedded Linux development
Hi, I am currently developing an embedded linux application and so far I have been doing remote debugging with gdbserver, gdb and ddd as the human useable inteface on the linux box. Well, this is getting tedious with editing in simple test editors, compilation here and there, reloading the DDD, starting it and so on, I wonder if there are more integrated tools that will do this. Basically I just want to debug directly from the editor without having to go throught the entire process everytime. I am actually considering to go for something like QNX, but that's not Linux and ...

Apple's Mac OS X helps BSD overtake Linux for development
<http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2100882/apples-mac-helps-bsd-overt ake-linux-development> OR <http://goo.gl/pYzhG> ----- Analyst outfit Evans Data reports that in North America over 80 per cent of developers still run their integrated development environments (IDEs) in Microsoft's Windows operating system. As surprising and concerning as that might be, the biggest surprise is the growing popularity of Apple's Mac OS X, with Evans Data claiming that 7.9 per cent of developers are using it as a host operating system, pushing it past Linux, which is used by 5.6 per cent of developers surveyed. Janel Garvin, CEO of Evans Data said, "Apple has made tremendous strides in the last few years with innovative products and technologies, so it's quite reasonable to see developers adopting the Mac and its OS as a development environment." ----- Makes me almost feel bad for Peter and his rants... almost. :) -- [INSERT .SIG HERE] ...

[ANN] Metrowerks Launches Linux(r) OS Development Tool Suite for Sharp Zaurus(tm) PDA
Comprehensive, Professional-Grade Application Development Solution Simplifies Cross Platform Integration, Offers Windows OS-Hosted Development Environment LinuxWorld Conference and Expo - San Francisco - August 5, 2003 - Developers of applications targeted for the Sharp Zaurus(tm) personal digital assistant (PDA) device can now benefit from the first integrated development suite created specifically for the platform with the launch of CodeWarrior(tm) Development Studio for Sharp Zaurus Application Development, Version 1. The integrated development environment (IDE) al...

[ANN] Metrowerks Launches Linux(r) OS Development Tool Suite for Sharp Zaurus(tm) PDA
Comprehensive, Professional-Grade Application Development Solution Simplifies Cross Platform Integration, Offers Windows OS-Hosted Development Environment LinuxWorld Conference and Expo - San Francisco - August 5, 2003 - Developers of applications targeted for the Sharp Zaurus(tm) personal digital assistant (PDA) device can now benefit from the first integrated development suite created specifically for the platform with the launch of CodeWarrior(tm) Development Studio for Sharp Zaurus Application Development, Version 1. The integrated development environment (IDE) allo...

[News] Another Glimpse at Palm's Secret Linux-based in-development Palm OS II
Yes, Virginia, There is a New Palm OS ,----[ Quote ] | Now, the unnamed new OS that wags have been calling "Nova" or "Palm OS II" | isn't the Linux-based OS that Palm was going to use last year. That product, | the Access Linux Platform, didn't meet Palm's standards, Maes said. | | "There were things in that platform that were focused on a different set of | customers than what we were looking to do, and there were things in that | platform that do not support things we would like to do going forward," Maes | said. `---- http://www.pcmag....

[News] [Linux] IBM Reaches Further to Linux, Development
IBM looks to open up development ,----[ Quote ] | IBM is kicking off an experiment to open up its software development | process in a way that mirrors the creation of open source applications. `---- http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2190484/ibm-looks-open-development IBM pAVEs the way for x86 Linux apps ,----[ Quote ] | Developers could continue to write Linux apps on their x86 | workstations, and then take advantage of the scalability and | efficiencies inherent in the POWER architecture when it comes | time to deploy the app. `---- http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/22/ibm-p_ave/ ...

Web resources about - os.linux.development.apps - comp.os.linux.development.apps

Doha Development Round - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Doha Development Round or Doha Development Agenda ( DDA ) is the current trade-negotiation round of the World Trade Organization (WTO) which ...

NSW Government's Central to Eveleigh property development excludes social housing
The first housing project in the Baird government's trumpeted Central to Eveleigh development program includes 20-storey towers adjacent to the ...

Scrap the DAP: Perth councils rally against development assessment panels
Western suburbs councils and the City of South Perth have joined calls from Vincent and Bayswater to abolish state development assessment panels. ...

Apple COO Jeff Williams introduces new CareKit framework, shares latest ResearchKit developments
... over a year since Apple’s Jeff Williams first introduced ResearchKit on stage, and today the Apple COO returned to present the latest developments ...

Remente Personal Development App Launches Worldwide
Personal development app Remente has launched worldwide with the goal of helping users complete their goals and live healthier lives. With Remente, ...

New bed approvals to drive development in aged care sector
... latest round of aged care allocations will fund thousands of new bed places with close to $1 billion annually, driving a wave of development ...

Intel retires “tick-tock” development model, extending the life of each process
... the Kaby Lake processor isn't a one-off. Intel's latest 10-K filing (spotted at Motley Fool ) discloses that the two-phase "tick-tock" development ...

Global Hair Color Market Will Boom Following the Development of Organized Retail Through 2019, Says Technavio ...
Global Hair Color Market Will Boom Following the Development of Organized Retail Through 2019, Says Technavio Business Wire (press release) ...

Roland Emmerich’s Centropolis Elevates Marco Shepherd to Head Production & Development
... : Centropolis Entertainment principals Roland and Ute Emmerich have elevated Marco Shepherd to a new post, Head of Production and Development. ...