mounting eeprom device as file system block device ?

Hi

Is there anything available in sourcecode so i can mount an serial eeprom as
a disk device ?

I currently have eeprom access in userspace but i would like to have a
driver so from user point of view it behaves like a disk (mountable ) drive

Any hints ?

Regards
Johan

0
Sagaert
9/22/2005 10:00:34 AM
comp.os.linux.embedded 3347 articles. 0 followers. tvnaidu2 (4) is leader. Post Follow

i am talking about small serial eeprom devices (64K bit)

"Sagaert Johan" <sagaert.j AT belgacom.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is there anything available in sourcecode so i can mount an serial eeprom
as
> a disk device ?
>
> I currently have eeprom access in userspace but i would like to have a
> driver so from user point of view it behaves like a disk (mountable )
drive

> Any hints ?
>
> Regards
> Johan

0
Sagaert
9/22/2005 10:30:52 AM
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:00:34 +0200, Sagaert Johan <sagaert.j AT
<belgacom.net>> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there anything available in sourcecode so i can mount an serial
> eeprom as
> a disk device ?
>
> I currently have eeprom access in userspace but i would like to have a
> driver so from user point of view it behaves like a disk (mountable )
> drive
>
> Any hints ?

read to ramdisk, mount as loop device

--