3CRWE254G72

Hi,

does anyone have the 3com 3CRWE254G72 wlan usb stick getting worked with
linux?

Thanks,
	Sven
0
sven7004 (4)
3/4/2004 3:05:39 PM
comp.os.linux.hardware 9617 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

iSeries OS Hardware/OS Upgrade
If this is not the correct I apologize up front. Our company is doing a Hardware/OS Upgrade on our AS400 this weekend and I wanted to get a feel on the approach that is being taken. We are planning on going from an 810 with v5r2 on it to a 550 with v5r4, we are moving existing cards in the 810 to the 550 as well as the 5074 Tower and then restoring from a SAVE21 on the 810 to teh 550. Is this feasible or would there be a better approach. We are unable to upgrade the exisintg 810 to v5r4 first due to the disk configuration of the system which is not supported by v5r4 for the load source. So we are moving hardware from teh 810 to the 550 installing v5r4 base os and then running a restore from a SAVE21 of the 810. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. "Krazik" <Keith.Weber@converse.com> schreef in bericht news:19846af5-a053-4dda-a89b-c20b4f1ad585@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > If this is not the correct I apologize up front. > > Our company is doing a Hardware/OS Upgrade on our AS400 this weekend > and I wanted to get a feel on the approach that is being taken. > > We are planning on going from an 810 with v5r2 on it to a 550 with > v5r4, we are moving existing cards in the 810 to the 550 as well as > the 5074 Tower and then restoring from a SAVE21 on the 810 to teh 550. > Is this feasible or would there be a better approach. We are unable to > upgrade the exisintg 810 to v5r4 first due to the disk configuration > o...

migrating linux to linux, different hardware
hi all. We're planning to migrate several linux servers, with applications installed (like oracle, etc.) , onto another newer hardware, which I am to install linux (preferably an updated distro version) as well. I'm a bit of newbie, but what I imagine is that instead of installing on the new machines from scratch -- OS plus apps plus accompanying data -- which would take too much time, can I install an updated version of linux distro first, and then after that, just copy all the directories in the original box that are not dependent on the OS (such as /var, /home, /etc, /usr, ...)? W...

[News] [Linux] More Focus on Linux Hardware Support
64-Bit Linux Spotlighted at Gelato ICE: Itanium Conference & Expo ,----[ Quote ] | Attendee favorites included keynotes on Linux kernel development for | Itanium architecture by the Linux 2.6 kernel maintainer, Andrew | Morton, and the Itanium processor vision and roadmap by Intel's | James Fister. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070523006049&newsLang=en More Fun With Printing ,----[ Quote ] | Overall, if you choose your printers carefully, printing on | Linux is powerhouse, and getting better all the time. `---- ...

[News] More Embedded Linux and Linux-adjunct Hardware

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

ROX Linux and ROX on OS X and arm linux
Hi I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on other platforms. I've not managed to find anything. Is ROX available for OS X? Is ROX available for Acorn\Iyonix Arm linux? Did ROX Linux ever come to anything? I was a member of the mailing list a while ago, it started off interesting and then seemed to go off on a tangent then it all went quiet. It seemed like an excellent idea, a linux distro structured like RISC OS. It would have been an ideal compliment to a RISC OS system, same UI but different set of applications (probably not quite so consistent as we are used to though). It could also have been a life boat if RISC OS were ever to grind to a halt. Presumably some sorts of common apps (python perhaps) would have been possible and if RISCOSE or similar were to be developed too, the possibilities would be even greater. Do others consider it would have been desirable? -- Jess Iyonix contact http://jess.itworkshop-nexus.net Hotmail is my spam trap - don't email valid - mailto:nospam@jess.itworkshop-nexus.net In message <729a59544e.jess@itworkshop.invalid> Jess <phantasm_39@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on > other platforms. > These starting points might help. http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&q=ROX filer desktop http://rox.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/ http://rox.sourceforg...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and application layer | pieces. Arguably the price for such integration is lack of | flexibility and loss of control. `---- http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/howto/broadband/199600344;jsessionid=N1IAB5VKZRD0QQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN http://tinyurl.com/2c3z7z Microsoft taps mobiles for developing world ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft is facing fierce competition from Linux, however, most | notably the One Laptop per Child project to ship low cost | notebooks to schools in developing nations. | | Linux vendor Red Hat unveiled a Global Desktop last week | targeting computers at small and medium sized businesses as | well as governments in third world nations. `---- http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2189936/microsoft-taps-mobile-tech Related: 70 percent of smartphones use Symbian ,----[ Quote ] | At 3GSM it became clear that 70 percent of all smartphones use Symbian. | | Linux accounts for 16.9 perc...

Linux Hardware Compatibility Lists & Linux Drivers
http://www.linux-drivers.org/ ...

Windows 7 vs. Linux: Hardware Acceleration. Linux Fails Again......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_20ESjixs Linux doesn't seem to be doing too well..... Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa! -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html ...

linux os
Hi all, is anyone actually running Radius server? Is it difficult to set it up? T ...

Which Linux OS
We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? Thanx, Gerald S. wrote: > We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? > > Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my eval, > or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? > > Thanx, > > I've found Debian works well for testing, esp. considering that it's for testing, and not production (no support). Bricklen wrote: > Gerald S. wrote: > >> We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? >> >> Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that I can use for my >> eval, >> or must I purchase the Redhat Enterprise AS? >> >> Thanx, >> >> > I've found Debian works well for testing, esp. considering that it's for > testing, and not production (no support). Bricklen, if you've got any tips for installing onto Debian, I'd love to hear them. (Actually, I'd quite like a CD set of Debian, too, while you're at it!!). Best Regards HJR On Tue, 11 May 2004 16:23:44 +0000, Gerald S. banged his/her head on the keyboard and created this message for all mankind/womankind: > We would like to do some initial investigation of Oracle on Linux? > > Is there is a Free / low cost version of Linux that...

Why linux is linux

My Linux is not your Linux

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind News search site ,----[ Quote ] | All along, Google has defended News saying that it is protected by | the fair use principle -- because it only reproduces headlines, text | snippets and thumbnail images -- and that it provides great benefit | to media Web sites by sending them readers. `---- http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;535941450;fp;;fpid;;pf;1 ...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

[News] A Look at Element OS and Introduction to Peppermint OS (GNU/Linux)

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
IT Sstandrads Hijack Threatens European Economix Competitiveness ,----[ Quote ] | To stop Europe being rail-roaded into an inadequate standard, the | ODF Alliance urges national supporters who have issues to raise | contradictions of ECMA's standard with existing standards to | encourage their national ISO representatives to raise formal | contradictions as quickly as possible, certainly | before 5th February 2007. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_dis ...

[News] Linux Hardware Support Further Improved; Sun Buys Hardware Company
Rt2x00 project for wireless nearing success ,----[ Quote ] | Van Doorn describes the project's goal as enabling a device that "works out | of the box. The driver should be rock-solid, have excellent data throughput, | and not consume more memory than strictly needed. For advanced users, it | should be possible to create multiple virtual interfaces and put them all in | master mode for software access point and create an extra virtual interface | for monitor mode just to show off to users of other operating systems. | | "Linux support for Ralink hardware has had a bad ...

[News] Example of Linux Superior Hardware Support (Fine in Linux, Not in Vista)
I can use my Conectiv under Linux, but not Vista. Why, again? http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/06/29/i-can-use-my-conectiv-under-linux-but-not-vista-why-again/ Related: A Vista vs. Linux Matchup ,----[ Quote ] | Putting aside Apple hardware, where all the software works with | all the hardware so long as it's all up to the minute, I found | that MEPIS actually has better hardware support for this PC | than Vista. | | [...] | | Adding insult to injury, since DRM protection schemes must | evolve constantly, to stay ahead of hackers tearing them down, | I have little doubt that one...

[News] [Linux] Linux and Open Source Hardware Among the Threats to Cisco
Is Cisco Unstoppable? Five Threats to the Networking Giant's Empire ,----[ Quote ] | 2. Open Source Hardware: When MIT researchers helped to build a | wireless network for some city residents in New England, the | researchers used commodity hardware and open source software to | piece together a solution. Now, open source network hardware | companies like Vyatta are starting to pop up. | | [...] | | 1. Asterisk: Much in the way that Microsoft worries about Red | Hat Linux and Ubuntu Linux on the server and desktop, respectively, | Cisco has to worry about Asterisk in the voice-over-IP a...

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

[News] Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
Palm OS Clings To Life ,----[ Quote ] | Access, a mobile software company in Japan that acquired PalmSource, | the maker of the Palm OS, plans to introduce in the first half of | this year its Access Linux Platform, which will include an emulation | layer for running Palm OS-based applications. The company this week | announced it's renaming all products that originally had Palm-based | names. The first product to be renamed is Palm OS, which will be | known as Garnet OS. `---- http://www.crn.com/sections/infrastructure/infrastructure.jhtml?articleId=197000527 -- List of candidate M...

Web resources about - 3CRWE254G72 - comp.os.linux.hardware

Full Episode: WN 03/25/16: Terror Attack Hits U.S. at Home
Tax thieves run phone scam to steal millions; Rolling Stones play Cuba.

Cruz rips affairs story as ‘tabloid smear’ by Trump camp
A furious Ted Cruz on Friday accused “Donald Trump and his henchmen” of feeding the National Enquirer a story charging that the Texas senator ...

'Batman v Superman': What actually happened in Batman's dream, and what it means for 'Justice League' ...
Caution: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice spoilers ahead. There's a moment in Batman v Superman when — with no warning — we see the Caped ...

Google warn Gmail users of ‘government backed attacks’ after supporting Apple's privacy case
Google will now provide full-page warning with instructions about how these users can stay safe. The company said it will also be increasing ...

Apple Music just got a new feature on Android that’s not coming to iOS any time soon
Not long ago, Apple brought its Apple Music app to Android. Having to compete with established powerhouses like Spotify and Pandora, Apple knew ...

Little bird steals the show at Sanders rally in hip Portland
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A little bird stole the show at Bernie Sanders' rally in Portland, and gave new meaning to a phrase made popular by the ...

Florida Gov. Rick Scott Passes Medical Marijuana Expansion Bill
On Friday, Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed a bill expanding his state’s Right to Try Act which will include letting terminally ill patients use ...

Don’t miss Conan’s touching tribute to the late Garry Shandling
The comedy world lost a major figure this week when Garry Shandling, the comedic brain behind the groundbreaking series It's Garry Shandling's ...

Tay, the neo-Nazi millennial chatbot, gets autopsied
A user told Tay to tweet Trump propaganda; she did (though the tweet has now been deleted). Microsoft has apologized for the conduct of its ...

Even Apple uses tech from the company allegedly helping the FBI crack an iPhone
There’s an entire industry devoted to cracking the iPhone and other smartphones. These companies operate mostly in the dark, offering their services ...