do I have usb 1 or 2 / Linux ?

+
     I have 2 USB ports on an older Linux box
(I didn't build it, thus this question).

     How can I determine if these are USB 1.1 or
USB 2 ports ?

     I'm presently assuming they are USB 1.1
after seeing relatively slow performance with
a rated 55x CD burner.

     I've found a few USB utilities, but none
which specifically tell me 1.1 /or/ 2

     Thanks

0
stuseven (66)
11/19/2005 1:41:41 AM
comp.os.linux.hardware 9621 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

stuseven@hotmail.com wrote:

> +
>      I have 2 USB ports on an older Linux box
> (I didn't build it, thus this question).
>
>      How can I determine if these are USB 1.1 or
> USB 2 ports ?
>
>      I'm presently assuming they are USB 1.1
> after seeing relatively slow performance with
> a rated 55x CD burner.
>
>      I've found a few USB utilities, but none
> which specifically tell me 1.1 /or/ 2
>
>      Thanks

Try lsusb -v
Under Device descriptor, you will see a bcdUSB entry that is 1.1 or 2.0.

Incidently, if you can find a manufacturer's model number on the m/b, you
may find a copy of the manual available to download.  Lot of useful info.
0
roby (102)

[News] 4 Linux Releases: Foresight Linux 1.1, Ubuntu CE 2.2, Kwort 2.2, Mandriva 2007.1 RC1
Foresight Linux 1.1 is out ! http://foresightlinux.com/downloads/ Kwort [Slackware derivative] 2.2 final released! ,----[ Quote ] | I'm proud to announce that Kwort 2.2 final version has been released | after a very long time (more than a year). The system is very stable | and very usable. `---- http://kwort.org/?page=NewsViewer&ID=45&PHPSESSID=1d286ac69fabebf18b4db27ded0b277d Mandriva Linux 2007 Spring RC1 (aka "Xianyang") ,----[ Quote ] | New since Mandriva Linux 2007: | | * Major desktop components | o KDE 3.5.6 | o GNOME 2.18 (RC: final release will include GNOME 2.18) | o OpenOffice.org 2.1 | o Mozilla Firefox 2.0 `---- http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases/Mandriva/2007.1/Development/RC1 ...

[News] Linux Mint 2.2 KDE Edition Review; Foresight Linux 1.2 Released
Review: Linux Mint 2.2 Beta 020 "Bianca KDE Edition" ,----[ Quote ] | While it is always nice to have another Linux distribution, because | choice is good, I didn't see any compelling reason to use Linux Mint | over the Ubuntu which it is based off of. The look is slightly | different, with some different configuration options here and there. | I can't really say it offers anything special over Ubuntu, but you never | know, there are no doubt future improvements that the Linux Mint team | will make. Hopefully they fix the video driver issue so I can try it | out on my deskto...

Trouble Installing Linux/Cisco VPN Client Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1
Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1 Wed Apr 21 20:19:18 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ../vpn_install Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.3 (B) Linux Installer Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. By installing this product you agree that you have read the license.txt file (The VPN Client license) and will comply with its terms. Directory where binaries will be installed [/usr/local/bin] Automatically start the VPN service at boot time [yes] In order to build the VPN kernel module, you must have the kernel headers for the version of the kernel you are running. For RedHat 6.x users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux by default For RedHat 7.x users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux-2.4 by default For Suse 7.3 users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux-2.4.10.SuSE by de fault Directory containing linux kernel source code [/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/b uild] * Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin". * Modules will be installed in "/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/CiscoVPN". * The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time. * Kernel source from "/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/build" will be used to bui ld the module. Is the above correct [y] y Making module In file included from Cniapi.h:15, from linuxcniapi.c:24: GenDefs.h...

[News] New Reviews of Tiny Core Linux 2.1, CDLinux 0.9.2, Live Linux Gaming 0.9.5, PCLinuxOS Minime 09.1

My Linux is not your Linux

Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] -new !
Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] -new ! If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, ...

[...]

Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] - new ! If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, On 29 Nov 2003 04:26:12 -0800, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr (TEL) wrote: > Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot .... what??? is 'Red Hot' [sic] a new distro? .. -- /// Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer, skydiver, \\\ \\\ and author: "...

Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs]
Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] - new ! If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, ...

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

Web resources about - do I have usb 1 or 2 / Linux ? - comp.os.linux.hardware

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . and video game consoles ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . The development of ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . and video game consoles ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For GNU package based on Linux kernel, see GNU Linux-libre . For ...

More developers now use OS X than Linux, says ‘most comprehensive survey ever conducted’
Stack Overflow reports that more developers now use OS X than Linux as their primary OS, and that if the trend continues, fewer than half of ...

Google kills Chrome app launcher for Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, and Linux
During the Windows 8 era, I was very worried about that operating system the UI and design choices were troubling. Luckily, as a longtime Linux ...

Dell brings Linux to its latest XPS 13 laptop
Have you coveted the Skylake-powered version of Dell's near-borderless XPS 13 laptop, but wished it would ship with an open platform like Linux ...

Red Hat Starts Beta Test Cycle for Enterprise Linux 6.8
DAILY VIDEO: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.8 enters beta; Microsoft announces SharePoint 2016 release to manufacturing; Microsoft paves road to ...

Mac extends its lead over Linux among software developers, chipping away at Windows
A new survey of more than 55,000 coders shows Mac OS X distancing itself from Linux in a ranking of the most popular desktop operating systems ...

Google's Scrapping Chrome's App Launcher on Windows, Mac and Linux
Like opening Chrome apps using Google’s dedicated launcher? Tough: As of July, it will be entirely scrapped on Windows, Mac and Linux. Read ...