help with palm pilot:

Does anyone have any info regarding setting up a palm pilot using RH
FD2? My Olympus camera works great as does my scanner.
Thanks in advance
steverl

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
steverl (13)
12/23/2004 4:00:41 AM
comp.os.linux.hardware 9621 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

please help with using an old palm pilot (3xe or 3.5) as a backup for a new palm pilot (zire 71 os5)
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone else come across a similar problem to my own and had a solution. I recently purchased a Palm Zire 71 running OS 5. I have been very happy with it, although I don't like to bring it with me on long trips because I don't want to fork over $40 for a travelling charger and it doesn't have replaceable batteries (yeah, I'm cheap). I do have a palm III xe (OS 3.5) which I bought the Zire 71 to replace. I want to copy all of my notepad and address and datebook files over to my III xe (which has been hard reset and erased) as a backu...

Re: please help with using an old palm pilot (3xe or 3.5) as a backup for a new palm pilot (zire 71 os5)
I used to beam the datebook, contact and memo files to an old Palm using beambox so I always would have a backup if I lost my Palm (a 505 then). However, that program will probably not run on the Zire. You would anyway have to find something similar allowing you to beam any file. Re charging: In case you go by car or get close to a computer with USB: I bought a Belkin USB charger with a car lighter plug for less than �10. StylusCentral may have something you can use here http://www.styluscentral.com/styluscentralcom/pdacach.html The difficult way: You can export the datebook + addres...

Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
IT Sstandrads Hijack Threatens European Economix Competitiveness ,----[ Quote ] | To stop Europe being rail-roaded into an inadequate standard, the | ODF Alliance urges national supporters who have issues to raise | contradictions of ECMA's standard with existing standards to | encourage their national ISO representatives to raise formal | contradictions as quickly as possible, certainly | before 5th February 2007. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_dis ...

[News] Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
Palm OS Clings To Life ,----[ Quote ] | Access, a mobile software company in Japan that acquired PalmSource, | the maker of the Palm OS, plans to introduce in the first half of | this year its Access Linux Platform, which will include an emulation | layer for running Palm OS-based applications. The company this week | announced it's renaming all products that originally had Palm-based | names. The first product to be renamed is Palm OS, which will be | known as Garnet OS. `---- http://www.crn.com/sections/infrastructure/infrastructure.jhtml?articleId=197000527 -- List of candidate M...

Linux OS help
HI all, I have a 80GB HDD, on which a single partition (G: 10 GB) has linux mandrake 10.1(now mandriva) installed on it. the other Os is Win XP. Now i'm not using the whole of that 10GB, hence i want to remove atleast 5 GB of the linux drive and add it to windows. In order to do this do i have to uninstall linux, break 10 gb of partiton into 2 drives of 5gb each, add one partiton to windows using partition magic and then install linux of the remaining drive? or is there any better way out? Nimit You'll neva walk alone! wrote: > HI all, > I have a 80GB HDD, on wh...

HELP FOR PALM OS
Hi, I am new to the PAL OS, and would like to know if: 1) will I be able to "append" notes (text or sketches) of different length (also very long texts) to an agenda entry? 2) Will I be able to create some word files, or excel files and protect them with password, so that nobody can open them? 3)Is it possible to create (not just open) word or excel docs with the two machines? 4)How about connecting them to GPS unit, I mean, what software should I use, if I wan't to have voice direction and street direction? Is that possible at all? Thanks Chris On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:07:14 GMT, "Christian Welker" <welkerch@mail.com> wrote: I hope someone replies and confirms that you can do these on a Palm. I note that using my discontinued 1997 Psion PDA I can. >1) will I be able to "append" notes (text or sketches) of different length >(also very long texts) to an agenda entry? Agenda entries on a Psion can include embedded objects. The available objects by default are Epoc Word (word processor), Sketch (drawing), Sheet (spreadsheet or spreadsheet graphic) or Record (sound recording). Length of these is limited only by available memory. There are no 4k or 32k limits to text. >2) Will I be able to create some word files, or excel files and protect them >with password, so that nobody can open them? Word and Sheet files include a password option that encrypts the file. >3)Is it possible to create (not just open) wor...

Help me guyz..Need help in Browser Comparison for Palm OS and smart phones
Hi Everyone, I am trying to extend my website to work on the Handheld devices and mobile phones. I need to design the display templates which can work on all devices. Here i need your help. Please suggest me some directions or help me getting my hands on such a document, which compares the features of various popular browsers for Palm, Pocket PC, Blackberry and smart phones. Thanks Yagish Sharma Sapient India. ...

[News] Palm to Use Linux, Support (Emulate) Palm OS, Drop Windows Mobile
Treo going Linux? ,----[ Quote ] | Not in the near future, but hopefully soon. As this CNET article | indicates, PalmSource (Access) is working hard to bring Linux to the | Palm platform. I'm not sure what has taken it so long - it's been a | year-and-a-half since PalmSource acquired China MobileSoft as an inroad | to Linux. `---- http://asay.blogspot.com/2006/08/treo-going-linux.html It's just an analysis/interpretation of an article I linked to yesterday. ...

Which newer Palm Pilots work with Pilot Link 0.9.3 for OS/2?
Howdy, all you Palm Pilot and OS/2 users! :-) First, some background: I've been playing with my wife's little m100 for a while, and the port of the above software on Hobbes (Pilot Link 0.9.3) seems to be a nice reliable way of backing it up, restoring the contents, installing new prcs, and flipping individual text files to notes to her Palm via the serial Hotsync cable it came with. I just picked up an m105 for myself for almost nothing, and I'm sure it will work just fine since it's the exact same unit with more RAM. My question: Which models of Palm Pilot (newer ones, p...

[News] Another Glimpse at Palm's Secret Linux-based in-development Palm OS II
Yes, Virginia, There is a New Palm OS ,----[ Quote ] | Now, the unnamed new OS that wags have been calling "Nova" or "Palm OS II" | isn't the Linux-based OS that Palm was going to use last year. That product, | the Access Linux Platform, didn't meet Palm's standards, Maes said. | | "There were things in that platform that were focused on a different set of | customers than what we were looking to do, and there were things in that | platform that do not support things we would like to do going forward," Maes | said. `---- http://www.pcmag....

Palm OS 5 vs Palm OS 6
Is it still worth getting a Palm OS 5 device.......even if we all know that Palm OS 6 is coming this December? Supposedly there will be so many changes (the new OS has been rewritten from the bottom-up) that new Palm OS 6 software will not work on OS 5. If a million Zires have really been sold by Palm, this probably gives developers a great reason to make their software backward compatible with OS 4! But if they do, they will NEVER take advantage of the new Palm OS 6's new architecture. It's like damned if they do, damned if they don't... > Is it still worth getting a Palm OS 5 device.......even if we all know > that Palm OS 6 is coming this December? I personally would wait until the new Palm OS 6.0 Devices come out to save yourself a couple of bucks. > Supposedly there will be so many changes (the new OS has been > rewritten from the bottom-up) that new Palm OS 6 software will not > work on OS 5. That's probably true--that is why I'm going to use my MA Contract to "swap" my Palm OS 5.0 Device with a 6.0 one... > If a million Zires have really been sold by Palm, this probably gives > developers a great reason to make their software backward compatible > with OS 4! But if they do, they will NEVER take advantage of the new > Palm OS 6's new architecture. It's like damned if they do, damned if > they don't... Well, quite possibly newer Zires will have to be created by Palm. The Zire was a totall...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

linux hardware drivers help
hello, I am trying to find drivers for various hardware for whichever Linux distro. I have been searching high and low to find drivers, but all I can find are either up to date drivers that work fully, half baked drivers that either require manual installations and tedious configurations or incompatible in places, or information on the hardware that is something like 6 years out of date and is confusing. there could be others but you get the drift. all I have found is as follows; nVidia nForce 570 SLI MCP - this controls the SATA interface and the Ethernet ports. - I cannot find much on the drivers for this. http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.11.html but may not be most recent or compatible. Supposedly recent kernels work with it out of the box according to a couple of websites that I can't find anymore. the SATA is supposedly handled by the kernel, but because of the nForce 570 controller, I do not know. PCIe interface - I haven't a clue on this, but I'm presuming that it's covered in the kernel. SoundBlaster Audigy SE - Cannot find drivers for the recent 7.1 card. Can only find information several years old for the 5.1 card. (5.1 and 7.1 is the amount of speakers). Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 - Driver built into the usbhid module. so that's covered. Radeon X1950 Pro - Driver from the AMD website. Current Catalyst driver is 8.11. Xerox XM3-19w monitor - covered by the graphics drivers. Linksys WUSB54GC - Cannot find drivers or whether it...

[News] PalmSource, Linux, and Palm OS
Access, PalmSource ease toward integration ,----[ Quote ] | Access acquired PalmSource just over a year ago, outbidding | Palm and Motorola, among others. Since then, Access and | PalmSource have collaborated on a Linux stack for mobile | phones, dubbed Access Linux Platform (ALP). | | At the same time, PalmSource has continued to shepherd the | large community of users developing applications for its | proprietary Palm OS, Access says. About 40 million mobile | phones, handhelds, and other mobile devices run PalmSources | oftware, according to Access. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/...

Palm OS 6 and Hardware Decisions
Can anyone give me the heads up on what to expect from the new Palm OS 6? In what ways, if any, is the hardware expected to be different or improved? Would anyone know the projected release date? I'm try to decide on whether I should upgrade to an T3 or wait unitl the new Palm OS 6 devices are out. Any thoughts? Thanks. In article <xHBLb.276$6p4.199@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>, "Tom" <vze4n6n4@verizon.net> wrote: > Can anyone give me the heads up on what to expect from the new Palm OS 6? In > what ways, if any, is the hardware expected to be d...

Linux, Rocket Science and Palm Pilots
It's no wonder Linux hasn't managed to unseat Windows yet. Things that one can do on Windoze are either impossible to do on Linux or so complex that unless one is a guru, it takes days of digging to get them working. Case in point: Hotsyncing a Palm Pilot. J-Pilot was supposed to work. I installed the packages. I installed the pilot-link link programs. What happened? Absolutly nothing. Oh, the J-pilot program is there. Problem is, I'm using a Palm T|E with a USB interface and I can't get it to sync up. Went through the news groups. Looked at the J-pilot usermanual (...

Need help with Palm Pilot TX
I am just learning how to use my new TX and I am confused when I want to go from a word documnent to an excel, I don't know how. I also don't know how to bring the keyboard up whenever I need it. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance, Beeb In article <6ba66736-d65e-48a3-9774-b3a7ddd20f82 @z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, barbaraburtonwood@yahoo.com says... > I am just learning how to use my new TX and I am confused when I want > to go from a word documnent to an excel, I don't know how. I also > don't know how to bring the keyboard up...

Help OSX and Palm Pilot T3
Hi, I'm new here, so don't be too harsh on me if this is not the right news group to ask these questions. Ok, so here it is: I have and iMac running Maverick 10.9.3. I'm using iCal as my main calendar. 1- I just found my old T3. I succeeded in exporting my contacts (vCards) and importing them to the T3. But I can't find a way to figure out how to export my ical and import it to the T3. It says "not a valid format". 2- Is there a software out there that I can use to replace Hotsync on OS X? Thank you. Neve <stephen.nabet@free.fr> W...

Help!! Help!! Help!!
I wish to vectorize the following code: s = tf('s'); W = logspace(-1,2,50); COMBINATION = combn(W, 2); K = cell(length(COMBINATION), 1); K0 = 1 + (1/(2*s)) + 0.5*s/(0.2*s + 1); % PID controller to be approximated as PI gapValue = zeros(length(COMBINATION), 1); for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) K{i} = (COMBINATION(i,1)*(1 + (1/(COMBINATION(i,2)*s)))); % PI controller end for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) gapValue(i,1) = gapmetric(K0, K{i}); end where K0 is the Nominal transfer function and K is a cell array including transfer functions whose gap metric from K0 are...

HELP! HELP! HELP!
We are currently running R83 v3.1m (33 user) on an old 200 Mhz Pentium with 16Mb Mem and 2.x gif HD (the actual partition is smaller) We have run this for a number of years without ANY significant problems. Last week (just as my family was in the middle of "the move from Hell") the system decides to take a major dump. A bad link of some sort in the ABS area. THEN - the systems disks have disappeared. After much screaming and gnashing of teeth I got the system running again. OH! did I mention that the previous evenings file save tape was bad? Anyhow, the bottom line is that I REALLY need a set of 33 user 3.1m disks. Any Ideas/Help? I do have a 25 user version of r83 v3.1 (no 'm') with a monolith loader diskette (5.25) but it doesn't seem to hook up with the PICK diskettes (just keeps rebooting) If I can get a sister machine running with the 25 user - does anyone have any trick to bump it to 33 user. There must be just a byte or 2 in the ABS area that regulates # of users. Again - Help! Help! Help! Van PS: The reason we haven't upgraded is that I am using a 4GL called Envision that was written a long time ago and about half of it was done in assembler and won't run on any of the later version of PICK. I've been meaning to re-write it in Basic but it's a pretty daunting project. I'd get busy rewriting the software if I were you. If anyone actually has the disks, there's ...

help! help!! help!!!
x=[0 1 10] p=[100 80] how can I get A A=[3x(1) 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0; 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0; 3x(2) 2x(2) x(2) 1 -3x(2) -2x(2) -x(2) -1; 2x(2) x(2) 1 0 -2x(2) -x(2) -1 0; p(1)x(1) p(1) 0 0 -p(2)x(2) -p(2) 0 0; p(1) 0 0 0 -p(2) 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(2)x(3) -p(2) 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(3) 0 0 0; ] In article <fkus3t$11h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jim lei <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote: >x=[0 1 10] >p=[100 80] >how can I get ...

HELP-HELP-HELP!!!!!!!!!!
On this site par example: http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to see this a new window opens and i see a icon with ared cross in it. also on sites with games i see this... What is my problem? I have winXP-Pro firewall is out and sec. is on low..... twan1@home.nl (Twan) writes: > On this site par example: > http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html > u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to...

HELP HELP HELP
Hello everyone, I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used C before either but been through PASCAL and GW-BASIC. Can someone please tell me the link to download the C++ compiler which can run on my Windows XP Professional Edition. Thanks. ByE. Yours forever in Digital Paradise uSmAn could have typed what u wanted in google. "Usman" <game_pk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:buobgo$kaacm$1@ID-217624.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hello everyone, > I am a freshmen at a computer university and also new to C++ . I havent used > C before eit...

Web resources about - help with palm pilot: - comp.os.linux.hardware