HP PhotoSmart 8150/8450 Inkjet Printer Supported in Linux (Debian)?

Hello.

Are HP PhotoSmart 8150 and 8450 inkjet printers fully supported under Linux
(Debian; Kernel 2.6.8-1-k7; CUPSYS v1.1.20; Samba v3.0.7)? I do not see
these two specific models (8150 and 8450) listed on LinuxPrinting.org.
I did find 8100 model, but I don't know if it will work for the two
mdoels. URL for 8100:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_8100 ...

Also, no luck in Google via Web and newsgroups. Thank you in advance. :)
--
"None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing." --Ben Franklin
  /\___/\
| |o   o| |                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                        Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
    ( )
0
ANTant (1370)
11/14/2004 5:07:04 AM
comp.os.linux.hardware 9621 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Are HP PhotoSmart 8150 and 8450 inkjet printers fully supported under Linux
> (Debian; Kernel 2.6.8-1-k7; CUPSYS v1.1.20; Samba v3.0.7)? I do not see
> these two specific models (8150 and 8450) listed on LinuxPrinting.org.
> I did find 8100 model, but I don't know if it will work for the two
> mdoels. URL for 8100:
>
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_8100 ...
>
> Also, no luck in Google via Web and newsgroups. Thank you in advance. :)

I have no idea, but lots of HP printers will work anyway. I have an hp
photosmart 7260 on a machine that does not list such a thing. Most
photosmarts use the same driver.

I am running RHL9 on the machine with a printer. I told it I had a
photosmart 7350 and got the hpijs driver that seems to work for most hp
inkjet type printers.

--
   .~.  Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
   /V\                             Registered Machine   241939.

0
jdbeyer (1228)
11/14/2004 12:43:15 PM
ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

>Are HP PhotoSmart 8150 and 8450 inkjet printers fully supported under Linux
>(Debian; Kernel 2.6.8-1-k7; CUPSYS v1.1.20; Samba v3.0.7)? I do not see
>these two specific models (8150 and 8450) listed on LinuxPrinting.org.
>I did find 8100 model, but I don't know if it will work for the two
>mdoels. URL for 8100:

The 8150 and 8450 both support PCL 3 however they only have USB ports.
In theory you should be able to use drivers that talk PCL 3 but it's
untested.

Hopefully Bob Headrick will see this and have an answer.
0
Bill
11/14/2004 6:47:47 PM
Il Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:07:04 -0600, ANTant ha scritto:

> Hello.
>
> Are HP PhotoSmart 8150 and 8450 inkjet printers fully supported under
> Linux (Debian; Kernel 2.6.8-1-k7; CUPSYS v1.1.20; Samba v3.0.7)? I do not
> see these two specific models (8150 and 8450) listed on LinuxPrinting.org.
> I did find 8100 model, but I don't know if it will work for the two
> mdoels. URL for 8100:
>
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_8100
>
> Also, no luck in Google via Web and newsgroups. Thank you in advance. :)

try to install a new printer through your cupsys web interface and see if
there is the driver for the family model. perhaps they are supported but
not fully. i.e. i have a hp officejet 4200 and the printer is not fully
supported, print up to 600 dpi.
bye

--
Coltiva linux, che tanto windows si pianta da solo!
Linux registered user: 364664 (http://counter.li.org)

[News] [Linux] More Focus on Linux Hardware Support
64-Bit Linux Spotlighted at Gelato ICE: Itanium Conference & Expo ,----[ Quote ] | Attendee favorites included keynotes on Linux kernel development for | Itanium architecture by the Linux 2.6 kernel maintainer, Andrew | Morton, and the Itanium processor vision and roadmap by Intel's | James Fister. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070523006049&newsLang=en More Fun With Printing ,----[ Quote ] | Overall, if you choose your printers carefully, printing on | Linux is powerhouse, and getting better all the time. `---- ...

Looking for a new printer that easy to maintain, supported in Debian/Linux, & supports LPT.
Hello, I am planning to buy a new printer in a few weeks, but I need your advices/suggestions. What's the best printer brand and model that doesn't clog often, easy to maintain, doesn't waste inks so much during warm up and cleaning, etc. I also don't use the printer much as I used to do as a student. I will print a few pages maybe once a week so the ink cartridges need to stay in shape for a longer period of time, especially during heat waves in Southern CA (sometimes 85+ degrees(F) in my tiny room). I also still want to be able to print photographs in colors on glossy papers, but this will be rare. The printer should work in Windows 95 to XP, Linux, and MacOS X (10.2.8; PowerBook G4 15" 1 Ghz). Parallel support would be nice for my old Pentium 150 MMX laptop with Windows 95 OSR2. The printer should be small. I have an Epson STYLUS Color 880 and had a HP 560c Deskjet so that should give you the sizes. Are there any upcoming printer sales in my area at Costco, Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Office Depot, Staples, The Good Guys, etc.? The printer doesn't need to be the newest model either. Thank you in advance. :) -- "I once heard the survivors of a colony of ants that had been partially obliterated by a cow's foot seriously debating the intention of the gods towards their civilization" --Archy the Cockroach from Don Mar- quis' "Archy and Mehitabel" book ("Certain Maxims of Archy" poem) ...

HP Photosmart 8150 under Linux and from Card
Hi, I read on the HP page that the Photosmart 8150 prints "up to" 4800 x 1200 "when printing from a computer". Now my question is: what is the resolution when printing from a memory card without a computer? How much worse are the prints? Also, I'm planning to use the linux drivers most of the time (it's very inconvenient to boot Windows just to print out a picture). I read in a magazine that the linux drivers produce not quite as nice pictures as do the Win or Mac drivers. Has anybody some similar experience? How much different are the results? (I know, that's probably hard to quantify.) Thanks in advance for any responses. Matthias "Matthias" <no@spam.pls> wrote in message news:36wsm5ry2o5.fsf@hundertwasser.ti.uni-mannheim.de... > Hi, > > I read on the HP page that the Photosmart 8150 prints "up to" 4800 x > 1200 "when printing from a computer". Now my question is: what is the > resolution when printing from a memory card without a computer? How > much worse are the prints? There is not a lot of difference. The average user may not see any difference, a pro would notice some differences, especially in side by side comparisons. > Also, I'm planning to use the linux drivers most of the time (it's > very inconvenient to boot Windows just to print out a picture). I > read in a magazine that the linux drivers produce not quit...

My Linux is not your Linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Why linux is linux

[News] Example of Linux Superior Hardware Support (Fine in Linux, Not in Vista)
I can use my Conectiv under Linux, but not Vista. Why, again? http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/06/29/i-can-use-my-conectiv-under-linux-but-not-vista-why-again/ Related: A Vista vs. Linux Matchup ,----[ Quote ] | Putting aside Apple hardware, where all the software works with | all the hardware so long as it's all up to the minute, I found | that MEPIS actually has better hardware support for this PC | than Vista. | | [...] | | Adding insult to injury, since DRM protection schemes must | evolve constantly, to stay ahead of hackers tearing them down, | I have little doubt that one...

[News] HP Puts Linux on Millions of Printers, Marvell Puts Linux on Plugs

[News] Hewlett-Packard Makes Money with Debian Linux; Verizon Supports Linux
Big Debian Linux Payday For HP ,----[ Quote ] | In fiscal 2006, $25 million in hardware sales in EMEA (Europe, | Middle East and Africa) were directly related to HP's Debian | support. | | "I was pretty shocked when I found out about this," Jeffrey | Wade, worldwide marketing manager of open source and Linux at | HP, told internetnews.com. `---- http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3661481 Verizon to support the Linux desktop, but only if your rich... ,----[ Quote ] | Verizon has been supporting the linux desktop for Red Hat for | various applications for a wh...

[News] [Linux] NVidia Linux Support to Improve, More Mac Hardware Drops ATI
RandR 1.2 support in future drivers from NVIDIA ,----[ Quote ] | In a recent interview the Director of Unix Software at NVIDIA, Andy Ritger, | answered questions about the Linux drivers development at NVIDIA. In this | regard he mentioned that there will be RandR 1.2 support in the future | NVIDIA drivers. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/06/randr-12-support-in-future-drivers-from-nvidia/ It is probably good ro hear that Apple will replace ATI with NVidia on some of its model (yesterday's news). This improves Linux support (whether it's virtualised on not). Related: ...

MIS-Linux Making Fools Of the Linux Supporters (KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MIS-LINUX!)
This dude is running circles around the so called advocates in comp.os.linux.advocacy and he has a very good knack for bringing out the lack of intelligence most of you seem to exhibit. It's highly entertaining watching MIS-Linux systematically take you kooks apart piece by piece while using your own words, web pages and articles against you. And of course all we see from the Linux supporters is name calling, swearing and all around anti-social behavior. It's an experiment. It is highly revealing. You Linux advocates look like a bunch of fools when you try and debate someone who has ...

[News] On Better Device Support and Performance in Linux (Samsung Supports Linux)
Samsung Supports Linux with New Flash Software for Mobile Applications ,----[ Quote ] | “The new 16Gb flash software supports increasingly popular Linux systems and | enables chipset designers to reap the full storage and performance advantages | of Samsung’s 16Gb NAND...” `---- http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/mobile/11468/samsung-supports-linux-new-flash-software-mobile-applications Linux: Volatile Performance http://kerneltrap.org/node/14225 Related: Samsung spins Linux/Qtopia phone? ,----[ Quote ] | Samsung and Eidicom have created what appears to | be a Linux-based dual-mode...

HP PhotoSmart 8150/8450 printer: Disable its auto power on and processes in Windows?
I have a HP 8450 PhotoSmart printer (USB connection). Is there a way to not to let the printer power on by itself from the computer's request? I would prefer to power on the printer manually before printing for a security reason. I am using Windows XP Professional SP2 (all updates). Also, I noticed HP printer software and drivers added a lot of Windows XP background processes (hpboid.exe, hpbpro.exe, hpcmpmgr.exe, hphmon06.exe, hptskmgr.exe, and HPZipm12.exe). Do I need all these to be running like HPZipm12.exe (is this zip drive feature which I don't have?)? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Ever watch ants just crawling around? They walk in that single straight line, a long, a long, long mile of ants. Sometimes they will walk over and pick up their dead friends and carry those around. I'm pretty sure it's because they can get in the carpool lane and pass up that line." --Ellen DeGeneres /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail. ( ) ...

[News] New Version of Debian GNU/Linux Released with Improved Hardware Support

migrating linux to linux, different hardware
hi all. We're planning to migrate several linux servers, with applications installed (like oracle, etc.) , onto another newer hardware, which I am to install linux (preferably an updated distro version) as well. I'm a bit of newbie, but what I imagine is that instead of installing on the new machines from scratch -- OS plus apps plus accompanying data -- which would take too much time, can I install an updated version of linux distro first, and then after that, just copy all the directories in the original box that are not dependent on the OS (such as /var, /home, /etc, /usr, ...)? W...

Linux hardware support...
I want to install Linux onto my PC, but I'm finding it difficult to find out just what hardware is supported. I've tried out the Suse Eval CD and it runs OK, but can't find my scanner and doesn't give any 3d acceleration. It also lists a lot of "unknown" devices that still seem to work (my Intel Gigabit LAN for example). The MandrakeMove CD boots, but fails because it can't even find the video adapter. ....I don't know of any other evaluation CD's. My PC consists of... - P4 2.6 CPU - Asus P4C800E-Deluxe mainboard with - 875P chipset - Promise onboa...

[News] Access Brings Linux-supported Middleware, Wyse Improves Linux-supported Thin Clients
DLNA middleware interconnects consumer devices ,----[ Quote ] | TVs, cameras, hard-disk recorders, and printers. The NetFront Living Connect | middleware suite supports Linux, and complies with DLNA v1.5 specs, Access | said. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6853468195.html Wyse adds multimedia support to thin clients ,----[ Quote ] | New multimedia enabling extensions for VMware Infrastructure allow Wyse thin | clients to display rich multimedia including video. `---- http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14710/1054/ Related: Wyse and Novell Collaborate on Linux Thin Clients ,----[ Quote ] | Wyse Technology, the global | leader in thin computing, today announced it is working with Novell to | bring the next generation of Linux-based thin clients to market. Both | companies are committed to giving customers everything they need to | transition from traditional desktops with proprietary operating | systems to Wyse thin clients based on SUSE Linux Enterprise from | Novell. `---- http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,153743.shtml ...

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

[News] Bsuinesses Move to Linux, Support Linux
Windows, You Are On Notice ,----[ Quote ] | Hey, Windows: Pack your bags. I think I've found an operating system that can | run the machines that run my smaller business without all the hassles you put | me through. Say hello to Linux `---- http://www.bmighty.com/hardware_software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=202102935 DigitalPersona Dips Fingers (with Prints) into Linux Waters ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft-centric vendor gets the idea from current and potential customers | that this Linux thing is not such a bad idea. Said vendor checks out the | biggest Linux distros out there and ...

[News] Linux Hardware Support Further Improved; Sun Buys Hardware Company
Rt2x00 project for wireless nearing success ,----[ Quote ] | Van Doorn describes the project's goal as enabling a device that "works out | of the box. The driver should be rock-solid, have excellent data throughput, | and not consume more memory than strictly needed. For advanced users, it | should be possible to create multiple virtual interfaces and put them all in | master mode for software access point and create an extra virtual interface | for monitor mode just to show off to users of other operating systems. | | "Linux support for Ralink hardware has had a bad ...

[News] More Embedded Linux and Linux-adjunct Hardware

[News] [Linux] Better Intel Support for Linux
Linux: 965GM Express Chipset Drivers ,----[ Quote ] | Keith Packard announced the availability of drivers for Intel's 965GM | Express Chipset. Jeff Garzik responded, "great news. Here's hoping | that Intel produces a standalone video card eventually, to further | take away market share from closed source competitors." `---- http://kerneltrap.org/node/8185 TimeSys Introduces LinuxLink Subscriptions for Intel IXP435 Processors ,----[ Quote ] | This processor is a new addition to Intel's popular line of | network processors and TimeSys is the only vendor to provide | pro...

[News] [Linux] Linux Enthusiasts Show Their Support
Interview With Fred Miller - GNU/Linux Evangelist ,----[ Quote ] | [Q:] Once a migration is approved and announced, where do you see the | biggest resistance to a new system? | | [A:] To be honest, most resistance has been from those who are the least | productive employees. Those who understand that their employer owns | the hardware, not them, and that they are there to do a job and not | "play" are happier with Linux than Windows because it's most often | faster, it's stable, it's much more secure, and applications | are more usable. `---- http://lxer.com/mod...

Web resources about - HP PhotoSmart 8150/8450 Inkjet Printer Supported in Linux (Debian)? - comp.os.linux.hardware

Multi Function Devices - Review - Canon Pixma, HP Photosmart
A multifunction device designed to print, scan, copy and even send faxes could make the perfect addition to your study or home office.

Wireless HP Photosmart reviews and sweepstakes with 8 ways to win!
... find out who won this, and other BlogHer special offers HERE!  HP has asked seven "tethered" BlogHers to try out their new Wireless HP Photosmart ...

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One review
The Photosmart 7510 is an excellent printer for home offices and families that will take advantage of its wireless printing features like ePrint ...

HP brings AirPrint, ePrint to Photosmart 7520, 6520 printers
HP has introduced two all-in-one printers with remote printing, each aimed at students going back to school or college. Both the Photosmart 7520 ...

HP's Photosmart eStation Android tablet hands-on (update: video!)
So here it is, after months of details coming to light an inkdrop at a time, the HP eStation all-in-one printing solution. But we\'re not gonna ...

HP Photosmart eStation: An Android Tablet and Printer-In-One For $400
... $400 Android tablet—with a docking printer thrown in for good measure—sounds too good to be true, that's because it is, kind of. But HP's Photosmart ...

Hands-On With HP’s Photosmart eStation Printer And Its Detachable Android Tablet (Video)
... Envy brand that’s meant to complement the company’s laptops by the same name. But the one that grabbed our attention was the Photosmart eStation, ...

Review: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
For a light-volume home or student user, this multifunction printer offers decent speed and features, and average-priced inks.

HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer
The HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer prints superb photos on your choice of fine-art papers.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer review: fast home machine with great output quality
The best features of HP's $200 Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One multifunction inkjet printer (MFP) may be its output quality and the 4.33-inch LCD ...