IBM IDE hard disc is not recognized any more. Changing jumper ???

Some weeks ago one of my IBM EIDE hard disc starts to make some odd noises. So I decided
to format it again. When I tried that operation from Win2000 the hard disc refuses to work any longer.
So I decided to do that from DOS with the low level format tool or even try to inspect
the hard disc with the Drive Fitness tool of IBM.

Unfortuantely the hard disc is not accessible any more at boot time. It is not recognized by the
hardware during the boot process. I tried it in another computer - without success.

So is there something like a workaround like changing the jumper to modes like
the one offered on the stickers on the hard disc:
"Forcing dev 1 present"
"15 heads"
"2GB clip"
"Auto spin disable"

What would you recommend ?

The model number is a DTLA-305030 and worked absolute successfully for two years.

Regards
Thomas

0
thohein (1)
8/24/2003 1:44:15 PM
comp.os.linux.hardware 9621 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:44:15 +0200, Thomas Heinrich wrote:

> [...]
> What would you recommend ?
> [...]

Get a new drive, this one is probably dead.

Dragan
0
Dragan
8/24/2003 1:54:38 PM
thohein@redseven.de (Thomas Heinrich) wrote:

> Some weeks ago one of my IBM EIDE hard disc starts to make some odd
> noises. So I decided to format it again. When I tried that operation
> from Win2000 the hard disc refuses to work any longer. So I decided to
> do that from DOS with the low level format tool or even try to inspect
> the hard disc with the Drive Fitness tool of IBM.
>
> Unfortuantely the hard disc is not accessible any more at boot time.
> It is not recognized by the hardware during the boot process. I tried
> it in another computer - without success.
>
> So is there something like a workaround like changing the jumper to
> modes like the one offered on the stickers on the hard disc:
> "Forcing dev 1 present"
> "15 heads"
> "2GB clip"
> "Auto spin disable"
>
> What would you recommend ?
>
> The model number is a DTLA-305030 and worked absolute successfully for
> two years.

I would recommend accepting that the drive is dead and spending 60 bucks
for a faster, higher capacity replacement.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:44:15 +0200, Thomas Heinrich wrote:

> Some weeks ago one of my IBM EIDE hard disc starts to make some odd
> noises. So I decided to format it again. When I tried that operation from
> Win2000 the hard disc refuses to work any longer. So I decided to do that
> from DOS with the low level format tool or even try to inspect the hard
> disc with the Drive Fitness tool of IBM.
>
> Unfortuantely the hard disc is not accessible any more at boot time. It is
> not recognized by the hardware during the boot process. I tried it in
> another computer - without success.
>
> So is there something like a workaround like changing the jumper to modes
> like the one offered on the stickers on the hard disc: "Forcing dev 1
> present"
> "15 heads"
> "2GB clip"
> "Auto spin disable"
>
> What would you recommend ?
>
> The model number is a DTLA-305030 and worked absolute successfully for two
> years.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

It sounds like the disk is dead. Throw it away and buy a new drive.

"Thomas Heinrich" <thohein@redseven.de> wrote:

> Some weeks ago one of my IBM EIDE hard disc starts to make some odd
> noises. So I decided to format it again.

> Unfortuantely the hard disc is not accessible any more at boot time. It
> is not recognized by the hardware during the boot process. I tried it in
> another computer - without success.

It seems as if the HD is broken. Maybe if you have been running smartd
from smartmontools you could find some explanation in your logs? If it
isn't your HD that is broken it could also be the controller or cable, but
as you have tried two different computers I guess this is not the case.

> So is there something like a workaround like changing the jumper to
> modes like the one offered on the stickers on the hard disc: "Forcing
> dev 1 present"

Why would you want to do that? As you have formatted the disk you
probably don't want to rescue any data. Even if you were able to get it
to work it would probably only work partially and it would probably break
completely in a short time. Using this disk only means that you will lose
data or hang a computer if you use it for swap only.

regards Henrik
hc2(at)uthyres.com Examples of addresses which go to spammers:
Questions@PerfectWatchPiece.com order@affarslitteratur.se root@localhost
0
Henrik
8/24/2003 3:41:51 PM
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:44:15 +0200, thohein@redseven.de (Thomas
Heinrich) wrote:

>Some weeks ago one of my IBM EIDE hard disc starts to make some odd noises. So I decided
>to format it again. When I tried that operation from Win2000 the hard disc refuses to work any longer.
>So I decided to do that from DOS with the low level format tool or even try to inspect
>the hard disc with the Drive Fitness tool of IBM.
>
>Unfortuantely the hard disc is not accessible any more at boot time. It is not recognized by the
>hardware during the boot process. I tried it in another computer - without success.
>
>So is there something like a workaround like changing the jumper to modes like
>the one offered on the stickers on the hard disc:
>"Forcing dev 1 present"
>"15 heads"
>"2GB clip"
>"Auto spin disable"
>
>What would you recommend ?
>
>The model number is a DTLA-305030 and worked absolute successfully for two years.

Mmmm, one of the infamous DTLA. Download the IBM utility, write the
error code, get an RMA from Hitachi and get a new drive.

Nick

0
Nick
8/24/2003 6:14:28 PM
Thomas Heinrich wrote:

> Some weeks ago one of my IBM EIDE hard disc starts to make some odd noises. So I decided
> to format it again. When I tried that operation from Win2000 the hard disc refuses to work any longer.
> So I decided to do that from DOS with the low level format tool or even try to inspect
> the hard disc with the Drive Fitness tool of IBM.
>
> Unfortuantely the hard disc is not accessible any more at boot time. It is not recognized by the
> hardware during the boot process. I tried it in another computer - without success.
>
> So is there something like a workaround like changing the jumper to modes like
> the one offered on the stickers on the hard disc:
> "Forcing dev 1 present"
> "15 heads"
> "2GB clip"
> "Auto spin disable"
>
> What would you recommend ?
>
> The model number is a DTLA-305030 and worked absolute successfully for two years.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Pitch it.

0
CJT

Hardware hard in Linux?
OK, here's the scenario. Dual boot box consisting of a P4P-800-E DLX, Nvidia video card, printer, scanner, bells, whistles, and it's something I'm proud of. The Linux side is running Slack 10.2 with a custom 2.6.16 kernel and gware Gnome for the desktop. Mrs. Phist decided to buy me a wireless keyboard and mouse since my old ones are almost five years old and I've beaten them all to hell. She's not the most tech savvy person in the world and just went to Best Buy and got a Microsoft keyboard/mouse combo for about $40 CAN. Not a bad deal, but I'm going from PS2 wired k...

[News] [Linux] IBM Brings Linux to AIX and i5/OS Machines Using New Software
IBM Previews Virtualization Management Tool for Power-Based Boxes ,----[ Quote ] | ...Virtual Availability Manager, within the Systems Director | Virtualization Manager tool will allow customers who deploy a Xen | hypervisor on their Linux-on-X64 servers to create what IBM is | calling a "high availability farm" that can be used to rehost | virtual machine partitions that are taken out by crashes. `---- http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh062507-story07.html On Jun 25, 11:06 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com> wrote: > IBM Previews Virtualization Management To...

Non-RISC OS partitions on IDE/SCSI podules and counting RISC OS 5 discs
Can partitions used by operating systems[1] other than RISC OS, on discs attached to podules supporting partitions, be accessed as individual discs using the FileCore SWIs? All of them, or just some? Or failing that, can the whole disc be accessed? Also, how do I find all the drives on a RISC OS 5 system? On earlier versions of RISC OS I can find all the FileCore instances with OS_Module 12, then use FileCore_Drives to find the number of "floppies" and "hard discs", end then assume "floppies" are numbered from 0 and "hard discs" are numbered from 4. What happens when a (USB) drive is plugged in or removed whilst RISC OS is running? [1] Eg Linux and NetBSD. -- Member AFFS, WYLUG, SWP (UK), ANL, Leeds SA, Leeds Anti-war coalition OpenPGP key fingerprint: D0A6 F403 9745 CED4 6B3B 94CC 8D74 8FC9 9F7F CFE4 No to software patents! No to DRM/EUCD - hands off our computers! On 28 Nov 2004 Timothy Baldwin <T.E.Baldwin99@members.leeds.ac.uk> wrote: > Can partitions used by operating systems[1] other than RISC OS, on discs > attached to podules supporting partitions, be accessed as individual discs > using the FileCore SWIs? > > All of them, or just some? > > Or failing that, can the whole disc be accessed? Yes, yes and yes, by an aware filing system via the sector SWIs. > Also, how do I find all the drives on a RISC OS 5 system? On earlier > versions of RISC OS I can find all the FileCore insta...

[News] IBM Explains Why Important to Use GNU/Linux, Tom's Hardware Covers Linux

B&W G3
I just bought a B&W G3 with an early version of OSX installed. I was going to put OS 9 on it so I could use Classic, but when I boot off the OS 9.1 CD, it doesn't recognize the hard drive and asks if I want to initialize it. I'm afraid I'd lose OSX if I do that. Are there some hard drives which OS X can detect which OS 9 can't? This is a 350 MHz G3 with 384 MB RAM and a Rev. B motherboard. The hard drive is a Quantum Fireball CX. I couldn't find a model number on it. It's an IDE drive and is divided into two partitions, both of which are about 6 GB according to th...

Hard Disc For IBM T20
A mate is offering my his IBM T20 for sale very cheaply. My only reservation is that the hard disc installed is 6Gb. can anyone tell me where the cheapest place in UK is to get a 2nd hand hard disc (12Gb or more). Does it need to be IBM branded or are laptop hard diskcs interchangeable? Regards Steve Fisher Steve F wrote: > A mate is offering my his IBM T20 for sale very cheaply. Well grab it then. T2x series are fine machines. I would prfer my T20 any new cheap laptop - regardless of price difference. > My only reservation is that the hard disc installed is 6Gb. > > can anyone tell me where the cheapest place in UK is to get a 2nd hand > hard disc (12Gb or more). > > Does it need to be IBM branded or are laptop hard diskcs > interchangeable? They're interchangeable. The T20 will support any size (capacity) currently available. all you hae to watch out for is that the replacement is no more than 9.5mm in height. I'd like to have a laptop, mostly for coding/programming purposes, so I need something powerful. 1. Which processor should I choose? Pentium-M (Dothan), P-4 with Hyperthrading or AMD-64 ? 2. I don't like desktop-replacement laptops as I'll be traveling a lot. Is there any laptops with a good balance between power (for coding) and mobility ? Which laptops are you suggesting? Thanks Where is the cheapest place in UK for laptop hard disks? Regards Steve > I'd like to have a laptop, mostly for codi...

Changing Linux-box hardware
Hi, After I have completed an installation of Vector Linux 4.0 and did hard work configuring everything to work properly, is it possible to upgrade motherboard and a CPU without need to reinstall? Do I need to configure something? If so, how to do it? Or will it rather just work well if I will install the old hard disk containing the old operating system to the new box and that's it? Best, YasChan On 2004-11-26, yas_chan <jaakkochan@surfeu.fi> wrote: > upgrade motherboard and a CPU without need to reinstall? usually yes, unless the CPU/MB are _completely_ different and you tuned the kernel on the old ones, in the last case you need to recompile the kernel. Davide -- ALL programs are poems, it's just that not all programmers are poets. --Jonathan Guthrie On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:58:38 -0800, yas_chan wrote: <snip> I don't run Vector, so you may get better answers from others, but in principle the answer depends on whether your kernel contains the drivers for your new cpu / chipset / onboard hardware. If it does (as many generic distro kernels do), then you will be able at least to boot. If it does not, then you will need a revised kernel. You can revise it yourself - but the fact that you ask your question at all suggests to me that you may not be comfortable doing so. Even if your system boots with your existing kernel, the new hardware may mean that you have to reconfigure some of your applications. Go slowly and pay careful attention to...

ADFS, IDE and Hard Discs...
Hi, As I understood, fixed drives using IDE were in effect factory sectored? If so how does Filecore/ADFS see them, as IDEFS doesn't seem to be documented in the PRM. I know I can't connect an ST506 type drive into a PC as, the PC wouldn't recognise it? On a reated note I'm assuming that Acorn CD's are at least ISO compatible? Alex usenet@gfarlie.demon.co.uk wrote: > Hi, > As I understood, fixed drives using IDE were in effect factory > sectored? By and large. > If so how does Filecore/ADFS see them, as IDEFS doesn't seem to be > documented > in the PRM. You seem to have problems placing your question marks - this is a question, but the following statement isn't. No, IDEFS (there's more than one of it) is a 3rd party filing system. If by "see them", you mean how does a drive get queried for its size - by raw ATA commands to get standard drive parameters. > I know I can't connect an ST506 type drive into a PC as, the PC > wouldn't recognise it? I agree. Besides, I'm not even sure they use the same cable. > On a reated note I'm assuming that Acorn CD's are at least ISO > compatible? There's no such thing as "Acorn CDs". However, the ISO format does have an extension for RISC OS filetypes, although that isn't used too much. Better to have proper mapping from the filename extension. Peter Naulls wrote: > usenet@gfarlie.demon.co.uk wrote: > >...

Linux OS transfer from SCSI to IDE
Hi All, I have installed RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 on a server with a Hardware RAID SCSI hard drives. I now need to transfer the OS to an IDE hard drive(Don't ask me why). What would be the best way to do this? Keeping the user accounts, samba configs (Samba data will reside in the SCSI hard drives) and Redhat OS updates. Thank you. > Hi All, > I have installed RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 on a server with a Hardware > RAID SCSI hard drives. > I now need to transfer the OS to an IDE hard drive(Don't ask me why). > What would be the best way to do this? > Keeping the user accounts, samba configs (Samba data will reside in > the SCSI hard drives) and Redhat OS updates. Search the web for the "linux hard disk upgrade howto". steve Soojin Kim wrote: > Hi All, > I have installed RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 on a server with a Hardware > RAID SCSI hard drives. > I now need to transfer the OS to an IDE hard drive(Don't ask me why). > What would be the best way to do this? > Keeping the user accounts, samba configs (Samba data will reside in > the SCSI hard drives) and Redhat OS updates. > > Thank you. Just make a tar of all the data and expand it in the new disk. -- Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez Director Tecnico de bgSEC jkerouac@bgsec.com bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos http://www.bgsec.com ESPA�A The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, ma...

Change Hardware without reinstall os?
Hi, some question from a solaris-newbie: Is it possible to take the harddisks from a Sun 280R and put i in a Sunfire V210 without reinstalling the OS? If yes, to what have i pay attention to? Regards, wmf In article <d0dd8be9.0306270828.6c3d6126@posting.google.com>, W. Fellner <groups-wmf@brandsystems.de> wrote: >Hi, > >some question from a solaris-newbie: > >Is it possible to take the harddisks from a Sun 280R and put i in a >Sunfire V210 without reinstalling the OS? No, the disk differ in interfaces. FC_AL versus SCSI. /wfr Fredrik -- Fredrik Lundholm ...

How hard would it be to port OS X to Linux
If Apple decided to port OS X to Linux how hard would it be? I would hope that darn near all native OS X software would work as it does now and that Apple would still be able to prevent people - in general - from running OS X on hardware other than their own (they would still be able to run the underlying Linux, but not the interface - either in terms of API or GUI - that defines OS X now. Would device drivers need to be re-written? Would it effect the average user at all? What would be sped up or slowed down... assuming it was done well. I am not suggesting Apple is going to do this, but in light of their past changes it is hard to say... they *might*. Any thoughts? -- � If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality") ��Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree) � One can be actually guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted Snit wrote: > If Apple decided to port OS X to Linux how hard would it be? I would hope > that darn near all native OS X software would work as it does now and that > Apple would still be able to prevent people - in general - from running OS X > on hardware other than their own (they would still be able to run the > underlying Linux, but not the interface - either in terms of API or GUI - > that defines OS X now. You mean the Aqua layer? Not a chance. Apple already has a nice stable platform with Mach/BSD under the hood. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimi...

Add IDE hard disc to VxWoks
I conneted a IDE hard disc to my PC_104,and the bios can detect the hard disc,but the VxWorks can't! How can I config the VxWorks to solve this question? How can I set the parameter"IDE_INT_VEC"? Is there anybody can help me? Hi, Are you writing IDE driver? I am writing IDE driver for the sandisc CF card. When I am trying to build the BSP with INCLUDE_ATA, it expect following import parameters. IMPORT ATA_TYPE ataTypes [ATA_MAX_CTRLS][ATA_MAX_DRIVES]; IMPORT ATA_RESOURCE ataResources [ATA_MAX_CTRLS]; Do I need to provide these parameters? Should I read the card register...

Installing Linux on a USB hard disc
Hi, folks! I bought a lovely Freecom external USB hard disc (with its shiny, blue LED). My Dell laptop has WindowsXP, and I wanted to smack Linux all over the external disc. (I specifically do not want to repartition the laptop's internal disc) I hit problems with SUSE 8.2, 9.1, Fedora 2 and Ubuntu (something), and googling tells me that the problem is not having usb modules loaded at boot, so Linux can't see the hard disc, and can't find init. The recommendation from emails concerning this was: a) Use a boot floppy, or b) recompile the kernal with usb support built-in. I don't want to do (a), so I'll try (b). But here is the problem: I don't have a Linux system in which to compile a new kernel with the required modules. Can I compile Linux under (try not to laugh) WindowsXP? I don't have a Knoppix right now, but could I compile a kernel under a liveCD Linux? Is there anyway to just change a configuration script to force the kernel, during boot, to add the USB modules? And finally: is there any distribution out there that has the USB modules compiled into the kernel already, so that I can just install that one? Thanks for your time, folks, ..ed www.EdmundKirwan.com - Home of The Fractal Class Composition. iamfractal@hotmail.com writes: >Hi, folks! > I bought a lovely Freecom external USB hard disc (with its shiny, >blue LED). > My Dell l...

IBM changing its mind about OS/2?
http://www.watleyreview.com/2003/110403-1.html On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:23:13 +0000, David Frank scribbled: > http://www.watleyreview.com/2003/110403-1.html Is it April fool's day already? Wayne David Frank <dave_frank@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://www.watleyreview.com/2003/110403-1.html "Theologians Perplexed by World's Failure to End" This does bear some resemblance to the OS/2 article, doesn't it? -- Andrew J. Brehm Fan of Woody Allen PowerPC User Supporter of Pepperoni Pizza Wayne <rondonjin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.11....

FS: Linux OS Installation Discs
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/linux_dvd_sale/ Shipped within 24 hours via 1st class mail -- Best Regards, Keith http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/ ...

How hard would it be to port OS X to Linux
If Apple decided to port OS X to Linux how hard would it be? I would hope that darn near all native OS X software would work as it does now and that Apple would still be able to prevent people - in general - from running OS X on hardware other than their own (they would still be able to run the underlying Linux, but not the interface - either in terms of API or GUI - that defines OS X now. Would device drivers need to be re-written? Would it effect the average user at all? What would be sped up or slowed down... assuming it was done well. I am not suggesting Apple is going to do this, but in light of their past changes it is hard to say... they *might*. Any thoughts? -- � If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality") ��Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree) � One can be actually guilty of a crime but neither tried nor convicted On 2006-12-01 19:42:20 -0800, Snit <SNIT@CABLEONE.NET.lNVALID> said: > If Apple decided to port OS X to Linux how hard would it be? I would hope > that darn near all native OS X software would work as it does now and that > Apple would still be able to prevent people - in general - from running OS X > on hardware other than their own (they would still be able to run the > underlying Linux, but not the interface - either in terms of API or GUI - > that defines OS X now. > > Would device drivers need to be re-written? > Would it effect the average use...

Free: 2 Small IDE Hard Discs
I shall be donating 2 small hard discs to the Charity Stall at Wakefield on Saturday; both Fujitsu; re-formatted to RISC OS 'E'; !DiscKnight tested. One is 2GB, the other is 6GB and very suitable for older machines, though I have used them until 18 months ago in RiscPCs. If anyone wants either or both of these please let me know (see email address in signature) and I will put your name on them. Brian. -- ______________________________________________________________ Brian Carroll, Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK bric at f2s dot com ______________________________________________________________ On 09 May, bric-nospam@argonet.co.uk wrote: > I shall be donating 2 small hard discs to the Charity Stall at > Wakefield on Saturday; ... I also have a 17" IDEK Vision Master monitor that I bought from a loving Acorn user for a spare some years ago but have hardly used. It almost killed me getting it from my storage space and I cannot face putting it back :-( I have given the monitor a good long run on a RiscPC and it looks as good as ever. It comes with manual and original mains and data cables, but no packing. If anyone who is going to Wakefield by car and would like this monitor, please let me know beforehand by email (see signature). The charity stall cannot accept it but I would be pleased if the recipient made a small donation in cash. Unless I have a definite bid it will have to go to the Ripon dump. What a shame! Brian. -- _______________________...

booting from CF-Card as IDE hard disc
Hi there! Has anyone done this successfully? My setup: - Atari Falcon - IDE44<->CF-Slot (pure wiring) adapter - SanDisk 128 MB Compact Flash Card HDDriver 8.1 installed successfully, as on any hard disc before. The "card disc" is fully functional. BUT: I am not able to boot from the card disc, have to load HDDriver from floppy though it is installed on card disc drive "C". I guess there is something with the TOS boot routines that makes them unable to recognise the card disc. Maybe I should try another CF-Card brand? Or do I have ...

ibm aptiva cant recognize hard drive
i know this is pretty outdated, but i was wondering if anyone had any advice. I recently received an ibm aptiva 2153 E3U machine, but when i started it up it was frozen. I managed to make a boot disk for it and boot the system past the start up screen, but when i exit the boot disk to DOS, it will not recognize my hard drive. It does however recognize the CD drive, but this is not helpful since it has nowhere to transfer backup files. I am a computer novice to this point, so if anyone has any suggestions i would very much appreciate it. Thanks ...

Getting back my hard disc space on an IBM
I just got a new ThinkPad R51. IBM has preloaded the hard drive with so much of their "recovery" software it takes up quite a chunk of space. How to I get this back? I think it's in a hidden partition. Thanks Sheldon sheldon@sopris.net On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:06:59 -0600, "Sheldon" <sheldon@XXXXXXXXsopris.net> wrote: >I just got a new ThinkPad R51. IBM has preloaded the hard drive with so >much of their "recovery" software it takes up quite a chunk of space. How >to I get this back? I think it's in a hidden partition. Yes, it is a special hidden partition. You need to go into your system BIOS and disable the "Pre-Desktop" area. It is under the Security settings. Once you disable it, it will appear to be "un partitioned" space on your drive. ...

Reading Risc OS 4 hard disc.
I have a 40GB hard drive, formatted for Risc OS 4 (long filenames, etc.) but no longer have the RiscPC which contained it. Is there any way I can read the contents with a RO 3.7 machine? On 7 Feb 2005 dennis.mews@freeuk.com wrote: > I have a 40GB hard drive, formatted for Risc OS 4 (long filenames, > etc.) but no longer have the RiscPC which contained it. > > Is there any way I can read the contents with a RO 3.7 machine? DiscKnight could extract the files using its backup option, but you would have to use a 3rd party utility to provide long filenames and more than 77 files per directory, or it files could be overwritten or lost. I'd recommend however you invest in a copy of RISC OS 4 instead, as this would bring far more benefits. ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/ On 7-Feb-2005, dennis.mews@freeuk.com wrote: > I have a 40GB hard drive, formatted for Risc OS 4 (long filenames, > etc.) but no longer have the RiscPC which contained it. > > Is there any way I can read the contents with a RO 3.7 machine? Realistically, no. The best way would be to install RO4. If you don't want to do this (and the implication of what you say is that you've abandoned RISC OS but kept an older machine 'just in case') then I would be prepared to copy the data to an E format drive or CDs for you for a very modest fee. Contact me at dave@do...

IBM wants OS/2 users to transition to Linux?
Then why dont they show this support by offering it pre-loaded on their PCs? http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/10/08/HNmsdominance_1.html > Then why don't they show this support by offering it pre-loaded > on their PCs? > Thanks for the article. Interesting to see "what is going on". AFAIK, IBM does pre-install Linux on *some* of their E-Server and/or NetFinity Server computer systems. (They may have a different brand name by now.), for instance as a choice between a Microsoft product or the Red Hat Linux product. (IBM is(was?) a major name owner/shareholder o...

Linux: the OS that lost IBM investors $49 billion
IBM (a Linux company) market cap: Mar 8 2013: $235B Oct 2 2014: $186B down $49 billion (you "advocates" don't mind idiotic posts like this, do you? You sure don't mind when they're made by that babbling liar 7). On 10/3/14 5:27 PM, Ezekiel wrote: > "Melzzzzz" <mel@zzzzz.com> wrote in message > news:m0mcoc$l35$3@news.albasani.net... >> On 10/3/14 4:32 PM, DFS wrote: >>> IBM (a Linux company) market cap: >>> >>> Mar 8 2013: $235B >>> Oct 2 2014: $186B >>> >>> down $49 billion >> >> Sun does not exist anymore... and it is not because of Linux, >> rather their investment in SPARC/Solaris. > > Apollo computer, Data General and DEC don't exist anymore either. What does > any of this have to do with Sun? It has to do with IBM. Company does not loose money on Linux for sure... > > > >>> (you "advocates" don't mind idiotic posts like this, do you? You sure >>> don't mind when they're made by that babbling liar 7). >>> >> Oracle is Linux company, too, and they are doing rather well. > > Oracle is a proprietary RDBMS company. They make their money selling > proprietary closed-source database products. > And IBM isn't? On 10/3/14 4:32 PM, DFS wrote: > IBM (a Linux company) market cap: > > Mar 8 2013: $235B...

Web resources about - IBM IDE hard disc is not recognized any more. Changing jumper ??? - comp.os.linux.hardware

List of states with limited recognition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some contemporary geopolitical entities that wish to be recognised as de jure sovereign states have been hindered by a lack of diplomatic recognition ...

Twitter recognized by Online Trust Alliance
... that have adopted key technologies to help protect users’ privacy and identity from abuse. We’re very pleased that this year the OTA has recognized ...

ENDTIME California Allows First Ever State Recognized Human Animal Marriage - YouTube
- Read more at: http://gistonthis.com/endtime-california-allows-first-ever-state-recognized-human-animal-marriage/ What kind of report is this? ...

Women leaders in security recognized
Each year, the Executive Women's Forum announces their "Women of Influence" Awards at their annual EWF event.

Royal baby recognized around the world
Here's a look at how news of the royal baby spread far and wide.

U.S. says planned independence vote in eastern Ukraine will not be recognized - CTV News
The Obama administration denounced as illegal a planned weekend referendum by pro-Russian insurgents pushing for autonomy and independence for ...

Alberta talent recognized by Emmys for work on ‘Fargo’
Alberta-born cinematographer Matthew J. Lloyd always thought he'd have to go to New York or Los Angeles to find success.

Brian Wong, Kiip CEO, Recognized By Forbes
Vancouver native and UBC alumnus Brian Wong has been named to the Forbes Top 30 Under 30 list for the second time. This week, the magazine counted ...

Student news recognized by Canadian Online Publishing Awards
Student news organizations were among the winners at this year’s Canadian Online Publishing Awards. Student news organizations were among the ...

Xinhua Insight: What after China's past glories get recognized by World ...
Xinhua Xinhua Insight: What after China's past glories get recognized by World ... CCTV BEIJING, June 22 (Xinhua) China had made marathon ...