Linux Network

Hi,

I just upgraded my motherboard.  It was a bitch finding information
that would get me past the kernel panics.

Anyhow, that is solved.  Problem now is that I cannot access the
internet and cannot ping that machine, even on my internal network.
Why?

It is assigned eth0.  I commented it out in modprobe.conf (not sure
why, thought that may be an issue.)  When the system boots, it detects
eth0 fine as it displays and OK......

Any ideas?  I'm a bit stuck right now.......

Thanks!
0
art (172)
11/22/2008 7:53:29 PM
comp.os.linux.hardware 9621 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:53:29 -0800 (PST), art@unsu.com wrote:

> Hi,

Hello

You might want to read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
With 350+ linux distributions, each with different releases, it might
not hurt to tell us which one you are using.

>  Problem now is that I cannot access the
> internet and cannot ping that machine, even on my internal network.
> Why?
>
> Any ideas?  I'm a bit stuck right now.......

Dump/post your network settings and someone might spot your problem.
script and instructions found here:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.networking/msg/4effeb9d3943d142
0
BitTwister2 (1376)
11/22/2008 8:52:10 PM
On Nov 22, 2:52=A0pm, Bit Twister <BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:53:29 -0800 (PST), a...@unsu.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> Hello
>
> You might want to readhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> With 350+ linux distributions, each with different releases, it might
> not hurt to tell us which one you are using.
>
> > =A0Problem now is that I cannot access the
> > internet and cannot ping that machine, even on my internal network.
> > Why?
>
> > Any ideas? =A0I'm a bit stuck right now.......
>
> Dump/post your network settings and someone might spot your problem.
> script and instructions found here:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os=
..linux.networking/msg/4effeb9d3...

Sorry, ahould have mentioned that.  I'm running CentOS.   I'm using my
Windows box right now because I cannot access my Linux box except from
local........

I changed motherboards and cannot get on the internet.  I put the
drives into the old computer again, and now cannot access from there
either.  I could yesterday......

0
art (172)
11/22/2008 9:02:39 PM
On 2008-11-22, art@unsu.com <amerar@iwc.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded my motherboard.  It was a bitch finding information
> that would get me past the kernel panics.
>
> Anyhow, that is solved.  Problem now is that I cannot access the
> internet and cannot ping that machine, even on my internal network.
> Why?
>
> It is assigned eth0.  I commented it out in modprobe.conf (not sure
> why, thought that may be an issue.)  When the system boots, it detects
> eth0 fine as it displays and OK......
>
> Any ideas?  I'm a bit stuck right now.......
>
> Thanks!
Can the machine ping itself? Does it have a "lo" interface on 127.0.0.1?
(ifconfig lo). Does the /etc/hosts file have an entry like this:?
127.0.0.1 localhost

  If there is more than one network interface, maybe eth0 isn't the one
you think it is.

--
They can't stop us... we're on a mission from God!
		-- The Blues Brothers
On Nov 22, 3:02=A0pm, "a...@unsu.com" <ame...@iwc.net> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2:52=A0pm, Bit Twister <BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:53:29 -0800 (PST), a...@unsu.com wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > Hello
>
> > You might want to readhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.htm=
> > With 350+ linux distributions, each with different releases, it might
> > not hurt to tell us which one you are using.
>
> > > =A0Problem now is that I cannot access the
> > > internet and cannot ping that machine, even on my internal network.
> > > Why?
>
> > > Any ideas? =A0I'm a bit stuck right now.......
>
> > Dump/post your network settings and someone might spot your problem.
> > script and instructions found here:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.=
os.linux.networking/msg/4effeb9d3...

> Sorry, ahould have mentioned that. =A0I'm running CentOS. =A0 I'm using m=
> Windows box right now because I cannot access my Linux box except from
> local........
>
> I changed motherboards and cannot get on the internet. =A0I put the
> drives into the old computer again, and now cannot access from there
> either. =A0I could yesterday......- Hide quoted text -

Let me add on to this.  I got the internet working.....sort of.

I have 1 network port on the motherboard.  I also have an additional
card with a second port.  Somehow the ports reversed.  In my previous
setup, the port on the motherboard was the internet port and the
network card connected to my backup server.   Now the network card is
for the internet????

What happened there?  Why is this?

0
art (172)
11/22/2008 9:38:16 PM
On Nov 22, 3:38=A0pm, "a...@unsu.com" <ame...@iwc.net> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 3:02=A0pm, "a...@unsu.com" <ame...@iwc.net> wrote:

> > > Hello
>
> > > You might want to readhttp://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.h=
tml
> > > With 350+ linux distributions, each with different releases, it might
> > > not hurt to tell us which one you are using.

> > > Dump/post your network settings and someone might spot your problem.
> > > script and instructions found here:http://groups.google.com/group/com=
p.os.linux.networking/msg/4effeb9d3...

> > Sorry, ahould have mentioned that. =A0I'm running CentOS. =A0 I'm using=
 my
> > Windows box right now because I cannot access my Linux box except from
> > local........
>
> > I changed motherboards and cannot get on the internet. =A0I put the
> > drives into the old computer again, and now cannot access from there
> > either. =A0I could yesterday......- Hide quoted text -

> Let me add on to this. =A0I got the internet working.....sort of.
>
> I have 1 network port on the motherboard. =A0I also have an additional
> card with a second port. =A0Somehow the ports reversed. =A0In my previous
> setup, the port on the motherboard was the internet port and the
> network card connected to my backup server. =A0 Now the network card is
> for the internet????
>
> What happened there? =A0Why is this?- Hide quoted text -

Well, when I try to activate eth1, I get tons of errors about some
'interface dev'xxxx' not found'.  Strange because stopping and
restarting the network service shows it up and running, but I cannot
do anything on it........

I want to get eth1 up and reverse them....

0
art (172)
11/22/2008 10:10:03 PM
On Nov 22, 3:38=A0pm, Bill Marcum <marcumb...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On 2008-11-22, a...@unsu.com <ame...@iwc.net> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I just upgraded my motherboard. =A0It was a bitch finding information
> > that would get me past the kernel panics.
>
> > Anyhow, that is solved. =A0Problem now is that I cannot access the
> > internet and cannot ping that machine, even on my internal network.
> > Why?
>
> > It is assigned eth0. =A0I commented it out in modprobe.conf (not sure
> > why, thought that may be an issue.) =A0When the system boots, it detect=
> > eth0 fine as it displays and OK......
>
> > Any ideas? =A0I'm a bit stuck right now.......
>
> > Thanks!
>
> Can the machine ping itself? Does it have a "lo" interface on 127.0.0.1?
> (ifconfig lo). Does the /etc/hosts file have an entry like this:?
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
>
> =A0 If there is more than one network interface, maybe eth0 isn't the one
> you think it is.
>
> --
> They can't stop us... we're on a mission from God!
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -- The Blues Brothers- Hide quoted text -

lspci gives this:

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 01)
04:02.0 Ethernet controller: ADMtek NC100 Network Everywhere Fast
Ethernet 10/100 (rev 11)

Must be something dumb......
0
art (172)
11/22/2008 10:42:48 PM
On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:10:03 -0800, art@unsu.com typed this message:

> On Nov 22, 3:38 pm, "a...@unsu.com" <ame...@iwc.net> wrote:

>> > Sorry, ahould have mentioned that.  I'm running CentOS.   I'm using
>> > my Windows box right now because I cannot access my Linux box except
>> > from local........
>>
>> > I changed motherboards and cannot get on the internet.  I put the
>> > drives into the old computer again, and now cannot access from there
>> > either.  I could yesterday......- Hide quoted text -

>> Let me add on to this.  I got the internet working.....sort of.
>>
>> I have 1 network port on the motherboard.  I also have an additional
>> card with a second port.  Somehow the ports reversed.  In my previous
>> setup, the port on the motherboard was the internet port and the
>> network card connected to my backup server.   Now the network card is
>> for the internet????
>>
>> What happened there?  Why is this?- Hide quoted text -

> Well, when I try to activate eth1, I get tons of errors about some
> 'interface dev'xxxx' not found'.  Strange because stopping and
> restarting the network service shows it up and running, but I cannot do
> anything on it........
>
> I want to get eth1 up and reverse them....

Sounds simple.  Remove the network card and configure your network for
eth0.  Then install the network card and configure for eth1.
0
noi1 (687)
11/22/2008 11:29:33 PM
On Nov 22, 5:29=A0pm, noi ance <n...@siam.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:10:03 -0800, a...@unsu.com typed this message:

> msg/4effeb9d3...

> >> Let me add on to this. =A0I got the internet working.....sort of.
>
> >> I have 1 network port on the motherboard. =A0I also have an additional
> >> card with a second port. =A0Somehow the ports reversed. =A0In my previ=
ous
> >> setup, the port on the motherboard was the internet port and the
> >> network card connected to my backup server. =A0 Now the network card i=
> >> for the internet????
>
> >> What happened there? =A0Why is this?- Hide quoted text -

> > Well, when I try to activate eth1, I get tons of errors about some
> > 'interface dev'xxxx' not found'. =A0Strange because stopping and
> > restarting the network service shows it up and running, but I cannot do
> > anything on it........
>
> > I want to get eth1 up and reverse them....
>
> Sounds simple. =A0Remove the network card and configure your network for
> eth0. =A0Then install the network card and configure for eth1.- Hide quot=
ed text -

But won't it remember that eth1 exists and keep the config for it?

0
art (172)
11/23/2008 12:41:50 AM
On Nov 22, 6:41=A0pm, "a...@unsu.com" <ame...@iwc.net> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 5:29=A0pm, noi ance <n...@siam.com> wrote:

> > msg/4effeb9d3...

> > > Well, when I try to activate eth1, I get tons of errors about some
> > > 'interface dev'xxxx' not found'. =A0Strange because stopping and
> > > restarting the network service shows it up and running, but I cannot =
do
> > > anything on it........
>
> > > I want to get eth1 up and reverse them....
>
> > Sounds simple. =A0Remove the network card and configure your network fo=
> > eth0. =A0Then install the network card and configure for eth1.- Hide qu=
oted text -

> But won't it remember that eth1 exists and keep the config for it?- Hide =
quoted text -

I'm reading a bit about the problem, and it may be the drivers for
that card........just cannot find them or know how to install them and
if anyhting lese needs changing.

0
art (172)
11/23/2008 1:12:28 AM
On Nov 22, 7:12=A0pm, "a...@unsu.com" <ame...@iwc.net> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 6:41=A0pm, "a...@unsu.com" <ame...@iwc.net> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 22, 5:29=A0pm, noi ance <n...@siam.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:10:03 -0800, a...@unsu.com typed this message:

> > > msg/4effeb9d3...

> > > Sounds simple. =A0Remove the network card and configure your network =
for
> > > eth0. =A0Then install the network card and configure for eth1.- Hide =
quoted text -

> > But won't it remember that eth1 exists and keep the config for it?- Hid=
e quoted text -

> I'm reading a bit about the problem, and it may be the drivers for
> that card........just cannot find them or know how to install them and
> if anyhting lese needs changing.- Hide quoted text -

As I mentioned, this is the motherboard port, the card works
fine....but I need the port on the motherboard to work....

0
art (172)
11/23/2008 1:19:27 AM
On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 16:41:50 -0800, art@unsu.com typed this message:

> On Nov 22, 5:29 pm, noi ance <n...@siam.com> wrote:

>> msg/4effeb9d3...

>> > Well, when I try to activate eth1, I get tons of errors about some
>> > 'interface dev'xxxx' not found'.  Strange because stopping and
>> > restarting the network service shows it up and running, but I cannot
>> > do anything on it........
>>
>> > I want to get eth1 up and reverse them....
>>
>> Sounds simple.  Remove the network card and configure your network for
>> eth0.  Then install the network card and configure for eth1.- Hide
>> quoted text -

> But won't it remember that eth1 exists and keep the config for it?

  Not sure how Centos works with network configurations but I think you
can delete the configuration for eth1.
0
noi1 (687)
11/23/2008 9:48:50 PM
art@unsu.com wrote:

> I just upgraded my motherboard. ... Problem now is that I cannot
> access the internet and cannot ping that machine, even on my internal
> network.

I don't have enough experience with CentOS, that you indicated in a
different message that you're using, nor with RedHat (or Fedora) that
CentOS is based on, but in case this is at all helpful ...

See /etc/modules.conf and /etc/sysconfig/hwconf.  I bet that the system
has stored information on the network interface built into your previous
motherboard, and that's why your network interfaces are no longer being
recognized in the order you expect, and the built-in interface is not
working as you expect.  I think that if you make appropriate corrections
in those files, you might have you system looking at the correct
interfaces again.

I hope that helps...

Sylvain Robitaille                              syl@alcor.concordia.ca

Systems analyst / AITS                            Concordia University
Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science   Montreal, Quebec, Canada
syl (103)

My Linux is not your Linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Why linux is linux

migrating linux to linux, different hardware
hi all. We're planning to migrate several linux servers, with applications installed (like oracle, etc.) , onto another newer hardware, which I am to install linux (preferably an updated distro version) as well. I'm a bit of newbie, but what I imagine is that instead of installing on the new machines from scratch -- OS plus apps plus accompanying data -- which would take too much time, can I install an updated version of linux distro first, and then after that, just copy all the directories in the original box that are not dependent on the OS (such as /var, /home, /etc, /usr, ...)? W...

[News] More Embedded Linux and Linux-adjunct Hardware

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

[News] [Linux] More Focus on Linux Hardware Support
64-Bit Linux Spotlighted at Gelato ICE: Itanium Conference & Expo ,----[ Quote ] | Attendee favorites included keynotes on Linux kernel development for | Itanium architecture by the Linux 2.6 kernel maintainer, Andrew | Morton, and the Itanium processor vision and roadmap by Intel's | James Fister. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070523006049&newsLang=en More Fun With Printing ,----[ Quote ] | Overall, if you choose your printers carefully, printing on | Linux is powerhouse, and getting better all the time. `---- ...

Any Documentaion about How Linux Networking IP stack looklike between Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces (LAN and WAN)?
Any Documenttaion about How Linux IP Networking stack looklike bwteen Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces running on Linux (LAN and WAN)?. appreciated for links or some documentation. Thanks. ...

Free Download Ebook for linux networking guide | http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html
i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download it for free http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html Tony Andreas wrote: > i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download > it for free > http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > Tony Andreas wrote: >> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >> it for free >> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html > > i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: > http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf What link is that? i.e. which one on the Home Page? There are over 30 of them. mybook.000webhost.info resolves to 64.235.54.104 The link you gave opens KPDF for me - I didn't look at its contents. Doug. Doug Laidlaw wrote: > goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > >> Tony Andreas wrote: >>> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >>> it for free >>> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html >> i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: >>...

ROX Linux and ROX on OS X and arm linux
Hi I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on other platforms. I've not managed to find anything. Is ROX available for OS X? Is ROX available for Acorn\Iyonix Arm linux? Did ROX Linux ever come to anything? I was a member of the mailing list a while ago, it started off interesting and then seemed to go off on a tangent then it all went quiet. It seemed like an excellent idea, a linux distro structured like RISC OS. It would have been an ideal compliment to a RISC OS system, same UI but different set of applications (probably not quite so consistent as we are used to though). It could also have been a life boat if RISC OS were ever to grind to a halt. Presumably some sorts of common apps (python perhaps) would have been possible and if RISCOSE or similar were to be developed too, the possibilities would be even greater. Do others consider it would have been desirable? -- Jess Iyonix contact http://jess.itworkshop-nexus.net Hotmail is my spam trap - don't email valid - mailto:nospam@jess.itworkshop-nexus.net In message <729a59544e.jess@itworkshop.invalid> Jess <phantasm_39@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I've just just done some searches on Google for ROX linux, and ROX on > other platforms. > These starting points might help. http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&q=ROX filer desktop http://rox.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/ http://rox.sourceforg...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and application layer | pieces. Arguably the price for such integration is lack of | flexibility and loss of control. `---- http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/howto/broadband/199600344;jsessionid=N1IAB5VKZRD0QQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN http://tinyurl.com/2c3z7z Microsoft taps mobiles for developing world ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft is facing fierce competition from Linux, however, most | notably the One Laptop per Child project to ship low cost | notebooks to schools in developing nations. | | Linux vendor Red Hat unveiled a Global Desktop last week | targeting computers at small and medium sized businesses as | well as governments in third world nations. `---- http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2189936/microsoft-taps-mobile-tech Related: 70 percent of smartphones use Symbian ,----[ Quote ] | At 3GSM it became clear that 70 percent of all smartphones use Symbian. | | Linux accounts for 16.9 perc...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

Linux, linux, you mutter...
Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. That's what you advocates are. Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg -- Kent East Hill for Bush '04 Death to Kent West Hillians !!! DEATH TO KENT WEST HILL wrote: > > Vagrants, scaliwags and bums. > > That's what you advocates are. > > Drunk old men, wearing jute pants in the alley. > > LeeLee Sobiesky looks elegant in this picture: > > http://www.leeleesobieski.com/pics/lld/lld12.jpg > What is sh...

The non-Linux Linux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd http://www.archhurd.org/ The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? taka0038@gmail.com wrote: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Hurd > > http://www.archhurd.org/ > > The Hurd aims to surpass the Unix kernel in functionality, security, and > stability, while remaining largely compatible with it. > > Can this compete with the now Google-backed Linux kernel? Yes. In a...

Linux Hardware Compatibility Lists & Linux Drivers
http://www.linux-drivers.org/ ...

[News] [Linux] Linux the Platform of Choice for Network Processor
Dual-core network processors sample with Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The OpenWRT BSP includes the open U-Boot bootloader, a Linux | 2.6-series kernel, filesystem, drivers, web-based configuration system, | make files, and a VoIP-enabled PBX application. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3501901164.html Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused: > Dual-core network processors sample with Linux > > ,----[ Quote ] >| The OpenWRT BSP includes the open U-Boot bootloader, a Linux >| 2.6-series kernel, filesystem, drivers, web-based configuration system, >...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind News search site ,----[ Quote ] | All along, Google has defended News saying that it is protected by | the fair use principle -- because it only reproduces headlines, text | snippets and thumbnail images -- and that it provides great benefit | to media Web sites by sending them readers. `---- http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;535941450;fp;;fpid;;pf;1 ...

Windows 7 vs. Linux: Hardware Acceleration. Linux Fails Again......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_20ESjixs Linux doesn't seem to be doing too well..... Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa! -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html ...

[News] [Linux] Company Offers Specialised Linux Networking Stack
Linux networking stack scales to 64 virtual MIPS64 cores ,----[ Quote ] | 6WindGate says its commercial Linux networking stack supports | a Continuous Computing (CCPU) ATCA board powered by 16 | MIPS64-compatible cores. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2103965321.html Related: Development Kit Simplifies Design of Linux Based Device Networking Products ,----[ Quote ] | Oxford Semiconductor has introduced a software development kit for | its OXETHU954 network connectivity controller chip aiming to | dramatically simplify the design of Linux based device | networking products. `----...

[News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux...

[News] [Linux] Linux Foundation and MontaVista Organise Linux Conferences
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit ,----[ Quote ] | The first Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit takes place mid | June, featuring the fourth Desktop Architects Meeting, an LSB | face to face meeting and various council meetings. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/02/linux-foundation-collaboration-summit/ MontaVista Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference... ,----[ Quote ] | Hosted by MontaVista, and including platinum sponsors | Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments, | the Vision 2007 event is expected to bring the latest tips, | technique...

ssh over php from w2k to linux hangs (linux to linux ok)
Hello, I am trying to make some bash-scripts, that are to be executed on remote linux-boxes available to some Windows users over a php-interface. To require no interaction from the part of the windows users, I installed cygwin, generated rsa-keys and copied the public key on the server. I also changed the user, running the apache service appropriately and I added cygwin/bin to this users path. So, executing "ssh user@server something" worked using the cygwin-bash or the windows CLI. However, if I execute a php-script containing a "system" or "proc_open" with this command, it never returns. The same php-script *does* work on linux! Any clues? Greetings Neven ...

Web resources about - Linux Network - comp.os.linux.hardware

The Hint News Network
The Hint News Network Menu Headlines Economy Health About Us Contact Us &#10005 Headlines Seattle Man to ordered to return $7.75 Million from ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

The D'oh-cial Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The story starts with Mr. Burns' lawyer accusing Lisa of destroying the city. Lisa tells everyone about the day she and her family went to the ...

Facebook Audience Network Launches Native Partner Program
Facebook Thursday announced the launch of the Facebook Audience Network Native Partner Program, aimed at third-party mediation platforms. Facebook ...

A Gamergate victim explains why some social networks are worse for harassment than others
If you're a woman, the Internet can be a dangerous place. One in seven women — and one in four women under 30 — have faced threats of physical ...

IDG Contributor Network: Should Microsoft be a PC hardware company?
The PC market is troubled. Sales are stagnant at best. And while some businesses are upgrading their devices, many consumers don’t seem to be. ...

Univision Networks Return To AT&T’s U-verse While They “Finalize” Carriage Deal
... Univision and AT&T’s U-verse. The telco and Spanish language broadcaster say that “Univision has restored all of their local and cable networks ...

Alpha Networks downsizes personnel
Networking/communication device maker Alpha Networks has reduced its domestic and overseas personnel from 6,000 to 5,000 in a bid to decrease ...

Seattle's Plan to Build Gigabit Fiber Network Stuck in Limbo -
For much of the last decade Seattle has explored the idea of building their own ultra-fast broadband network. Much of that motivation was fueled ...

Lab-grown neuronal network transplants could treat brain diseases like Parkinson’s
Researchers are looking to transplant therapy for treatment of Parkinson's disease, after successfully transplanting neurons grown from stem ...