[Local] SLIMP3 Network Music Player demo & give-away - Linux User Group meeting, Davis, CA - Nov. 4th

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:

  Tuesday
  November 4th, 2003
  6:30pm - 9:00pm
  (Doors open at 6:00pm; please try to arrive on-time!)

The meeting will be held at a SPECIAL location, due to elections:

  Kemper Hall   (previously called "Engineering Unit II")
  Room 1131
  1228 Bainer Hall Drive
  UC Davis
  Davis, CA 95616

The topic will be:

  SLIMP3 Network Music Player demo
  presented by: Sean Adams, CEO and Founder, Slim Devices, Inc.

    SLIMP3 Network Music Player, which streams MP3 files and internet
    radio stations to your stereo over your network without loss of sound
    quality, will be demonstrated and its technical features explained by
    the founder of Mountain View-based Slim Devices.  The player plugs
    directly into your ethernet network and can be controlled via infrared
    remote or web interface.  Based on Open Source technology, it works with
    Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, BSD and Solaris.
    Patrick Cosson, VP of Sales and Marketing will also be attending.

  RAFFLE!

    Slim Devices will be raffling away a unit at the meeting.
    You cannot win if you don't attend!

For details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/euii/

LUGOD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the Linux Operating System,
and which holds meetings twice a month in Davis, CA.
Meetings are always free, and open to the public.

Please visit our website for details:

  http://www.lugod.org/

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
0
bill127 (71)

Reminder!!!

[...]

[LOCAL] Tux Paint hands-on demo for kids, parents & teachers; Davis CA
On Sunday, October 26th from 11am to 3pm, a number of volunteers and I will be at the Davis Food Co-Op conference room, demonstrating "Tux Paint," a completely free, Open Source drawing program for young children. Tux Paint runs on Mac OS X, Windows (95 and up), BeOS, and Linux/Unix. It's easy to use for kids as young as 3 years of age. Finally, it's been translated into over 30 languages, including Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russian, and Hebrew, to name just a few! We'll have a number of computers set up for kids to play on, and free...

Music Library Player at London RISC OS user group, Monday 17th May 2010
The next meeting of the RISC OS User Group Of London will be: Music Library Player presented by its author Michael Emerton Monday 17th May 2010, 7:45pm The Blue-Eyed Maid (upstairs in the Spice Lounge restaurant) 173 Borough High Street London SE1 1HR Michael Emerton has been developing his Music Library Player for the last few years on and off. It started out primarily for personal use, having got fed up with using DBPowerAMP on Windows as there were certain features which were missing. It has the ability to hold a 100000 track library, and search for specific ...

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight po...

Meeting space for local user groups
For a number of years, our local user's group has met at various business or academic sites. Some, of course, were better than others depending on the facilities and some offered challenges such as dealing with site security. Recently, I needed to find a new location and happened on a newly-built library that had a room capable of holding a hundred people and equipped with a video projector, good lighting, and closable shades. My point in mentioning this is that I doubt that this is the only such library around and folks looking for space may find such venues available. What's more, i...

Local So-Cal User Group Meeting
Hi everyone! Our next meeting is scheduled for November 19, 2003. Date: Wednesday - November 19, 2003 Time: 5:00 P.M. Dinner Meeting Location: Dave & Busters - Irvine, California Cost: $20 w/reservation $25 at the door Speaker: Fred Owen - Management Information Tools To Register: Phone: 714-708-8112 x204 or click www.cdbma.org to register online. Topic for November Data Mining for Multivalue/Pick Users -Mark mpick@picktrg.com (Mark Pick) <snip> you wouldn't be related to the great dick would you Dan http://www.ncpu.org/1097news/ Andrew "delusion" <mynewemailaddressitis@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:e279b74b.0311070442.58dad821@posting.google.com... > mpick@picktrg.com (Mark Pick) <snip> > > you wouldn't be related to the great dick would you Looking forward to this and all CDBMA meetings. Very interested in the latest with MITS as well. See you there! Tony mpick@picktrg.com (Mark Pick) wrote: >Hi everyone! > >Our next meeting is scheduled for November 19, 2003. > >Date: Wednesday - November 19, 2003 >Time: 5:00 P.M. >Dinner Meeting Location: Dave & Busters - Irvine, California >Cost: $20 w/reservation $25 at the door >Speaker: Fred Owen - Management Information Tools >To Register: Phone: 714-708-8112 x204 or click www.cdbma.org to register online. > >Topic for November > >Data Mining for Multivalue/...

Local (NH) Users Group meeting
The reformed NH SolidWorks Users Group will be meeting at the Chandler Library in Nashua on Tuesday, April 27th at 6:30pm. See: http://www.designsmith-services.com/designposts/viewtopic.php?t=28 for more details and directions. After the organizational business is taken care of , there will be plenty of give-aways and a short technical presentation. Users from northern MA are also welcome. -- FYI, DesignSmith www.DesignSmith-Services.com ...

Invista RISC OS Users Group Meeting.
The May Meeting of IRUG will be held on Saturday, 10th May. The venue is the Royal Naval Association Club, 9, Church Hill, Ramsgate. CT11 8RA The meeting will start at 14:30hrs and usually finishes at about 16:30hrs. Full bar facilities complete with Tea & Coffee,are available. Transport from Ramsgate Railway Station can be arranged, just contact me, email to: peter (at) petercb (dot) f2s (dot) com or telephone 01843 850015 or 07854 055060 -- Peter Campbell-Banks Ramsgate Kent IRUG website: http://www.irug.org.uk ________________________________________________________...

Re: Meeting space for local user groups
Most of the libraries in our area have one or more meeting rooms from small to large. Many groups and organizations make use of them. There is no cost, but most of the groups that use them meet on a regular basis and reservations are sometimes a year in advance. Some of the rooms are forced to have a waiting list. If you look around you can get lucky or may just have to put your reservation in for next year and in parallel have a temporary the remainder of this year until next year comes around. Sounds like a lot of effort sometimes but the benefit is that once you get a regular scheduled slo...

VO developer Network User group meeting
http://www.sdn.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=32 If you are not a member of the SDN (yet) please drop me an email and i will be more than happy to meet you this evening and introduce you to all of us. Erik Visser erik.visser@remove_this_and_this_sdn.nl Erik, > http://www.sdn.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=32 > > If you are not a member of the SDN (yet) please drop me an email and i > will be more than happy to meet you this evening and introduce you to all > of us. Please, forgive my ignorance... but what is SDN? Unfortunately I don't know your idiom and I'm c...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday August 11 in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 20:30 - a slightly short meeting, sadly, as the venue is closing a bit earlier than usual. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. Bring along any software and/or hardware you want to show off, play with, try out...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday January 13th, at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will again be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. I will be bringing along a selection of RISC OS computers; you are encouraged to bring any of yours. My apologies for the late notification. I had been unable...

Rocky Mountain Local Users Group March Meeting
Greetings! PARSEC Group would like to invite you to the next meeting for the Rocky Mountain Local Users Group (RMLUG) here at our NEW offices in downtown Denver. RMLUG exists for the VMS community to have a chance to come together and discuss issues, as well as to advance the platform. Whatever your level of experience, it is our hope that this group will help you learn, grow, and network with each other. When: Thursday, March 9, 2006 Where: PARSEC Group, 999 18th Street, Suite 1725 (in the North Tower), Denver, CO 80202 Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. RSVP: Please let us know to expect you ...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday December 9th, at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will again be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. I will be bringing along a selection of RISC OS computers; you are encouraged to bring any of yours. We might have a go at connecting a network of RISC OS comp...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday May 12 in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. Bring along any software and/or hardware you want to show off, play with, try out, etc. There will be at least one small network of RISC OS machines, with internet co...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The March meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday March 10 in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will again be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. Bring along any software and/or hardware you want to show off, play with, try out, etc. There will be at least one small network of RISC OS machines, with i...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday September 8 in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. Bring along any software and/or hardware you want to show off, play with, try out, etc. There will be at least one small network of RISC OS machines, with intern...

So. CA. Informix User Group Meeting March 15
--part1_2ea.23fdc7f.31371e51_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Language: en HI, The Southern California Informix Users Group is pleased to present Lester=20 Knutsen as the featured speaker for the next user group meeting on Wednesday= , =20 March 15, 2006. =20 The theme of the March meeting is =E2=80=9CIt=E2=80=99s Time for Tuning=E2= =80=9D. Mr. Knutsen has=20 been a long time supporter of and contributor to the Informix community. =20 Lester will be discussing both Exploring the Informix IDS Sysmaster database= , and=20 UNIX Tools and Scripts to Monitor and Tune your Informix IDS Server. The meeting will be held at the IBM facility in Costa Mesa, California. =20 Lunch and registration start at 12:30 PM, and presentations start at 1:00 PM= .. See =20 http://www.iiug.org/sciug for more details. Please RSVP with your name and the names of any guests to sciug@iiug.org . Sincerely, SCIUG, Bruce Marchu, President --part1_2ea.23fdc7f.31371e51_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Language: en <HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>HI,<BR> <BR> The Southern California Informix Users Group is pleased to present Lester Kn= utsen as the featured speaker for the next user group meeting on Wednesday,&= nbsp; March...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday November 11th, at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will again be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. I will be bringing along a selection of RISC OS computers; you are encouraged to bring any of yours. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave _____________...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday October 13 in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. Bring along any software and/or hardware you want to show off, play with, try out, etc. There will be at least one small network of RISC OS machines, with interne...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
Chris Evans will be coming to demonstrate CJE's forthcoming IGEPv5 computer, and possibly a couple of other things, at the next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group. The venue is Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Southampton, on Tuesday June 9, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave Higton ____...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The February meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Wednesday February 11 in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will again be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. NOTE: Wednesday is not our usual meeting day - there is a clash with a Parents' Evening on the usual day. In a packed programme: * There wi...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday July 14 in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. Bring along any software and/or hardware you want to show off, play with, try out, etc. There will be at least one small network of RISC OS machines, with internet c...

VISualize 2009: IDL & ENVI user group meetings
Please join us in Washington DC for a new and exciting event for the geospatial, visualization and analysis professional - VISualize 2009. This event is designed to bring together IDL and ENVI users to provide opportunities for networking, sharing ideas and learning new ways to use IDL and ENVI. Day 1 (April 15th) - IDL User Group Day 1 of VISualize '09 will focus on applications developed using IDL. Learn more about how the powerful visualization and analysis tools of IDL can be used to help you get the answers you need from your data. Day 2 (April 16th) - ENVI User Group Day 2 of VISua...

Southampton RISC OS Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton RISC OS Users Group will take place on Tuesday March 8 in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. Bring along any software and/or hardware you want to show off, play with, try out, etc. There will be at least one small network of RISC OS machines, with internet connection. Dave Higton ____________________________________________________________ Can't remember your password? Do you need a strong and secure password? Use Password manager! It stores your passwords & protects your account. Check it out at http://mysecurelogon.com/password-manager _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

VASUG (the local users group in central Virginia) Meeting this Week
Just a reminder that our first meeting of 2005 will take place this Wednesday morning, Feb.16 at the Dominion, Virginia Power Innsbrook facility in Richmond, Virginia. It will speed your signing in at the guard station if you will either rsvp on the web site or send me an email directly. The agenda is posted on the web site http://www.vasug.org/ As always, one does not have to be a member to attend so please feel free to bring along a collegue -- just let us know that they are coming. Nat Wooding Secretary, VASUG ...

Web resources about - [Local] SLIMP3 Network Music Player demo & give-away - Linux User Group meeting, Davis, CA - Nov. 4th - comp.os.linux.misc

Give-away shop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Give-away shops , swap shops , freeshops , or free stores are stores where all goods are free. They are similar to charity shops , with mostly ...

yerdle - Free online shopping. Give away, get stuff & find the best deal on gadgets, camping gear, clothes ...
Get yerdle - Free online shopping. Give away, get stuff & find the best deal on gadgets, camping gear, clothes, valentine gift, local furniture ...

Salvation Army Christmas Give Away - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The Morro Bay Salvation Army Unit is loaded with toys and food in preparation for the Christmas Give Away.

On the house: NSW government to give away property sales data
If you've ever wondered how much your neighbour shelled for that house all those years ago but didn't really want to pay to find out, a solution ...

We've partnered with General Assembly to give away a free trip to SXSW
Business Insider and General Assembly have partnered to bring you a chance to win a trip to everyone’s favorite tech festival in Austin, TX this ...

Wondering what it cost Apple to give away that U2 album to every customer?
If you were wondering how much it cost Apple to give away a copy of U2’s Songs of Innocence album to every customer, the answer, according the ...

Groupon Says It Wants to Give Away $100 Million in Groupon Credits, but There's a Big Catch
Groupon announced on Tuesday that it will offer a total of $100 million in Groupon credits — known as Groupon Bucks — to its customers on Black ...

AirDroid 3 Is Out Of Beta And On The Play Store, And We've Got 100 Premium Upgrades To Give Away
... release on the Play Store. The new app has an updated UI and a few new featu... by Michael Crider in Applications, Contests / Giveaways, News ...

Jimmy Kimmel Can’t Give Away A Sony Tablet To A 5-Year-Old Who Wants An iPad Instead
... for the holidays. During an appearance to show Kimmel just how smart he is, Hayes said of the Sony Xperia, “Well you could just give it away ...

AOL Autos Mini Countryman winner picks up prize, what else should we give away?
... Mini Remember when we announced that our sister site, AOL Autos, was giving away a Mini Countryman ? That was the beginning of AOL Autos Giveaway, ...