An open source program to convert DRM'ed WMA files to others (MP3 & OGG)?

Hello,

Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)

Thank you in advance. :)
--
    /\___/\
   / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
     \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
ANTant (1371)
7/29/2007 12:16:48 AM
comp.os.linux.misc 33628 articles. 0 followers. amosa69 (125) is leader. Post Follow

Ant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Well.. there's most certainly an easier answer... but the following will
help with other situations...

You can capture anything you can play audibly....
(may not work quite this way on all sound devices)
As root:

amixer set 'Mix' cap
arecord -t wav -f cd mycapture.wav

Then you could play the file using whatever... be it flash,
or mplayer, etc....

Interrupt the arecord process when done.  You will now
have a .wav file.

The only reason I bring up this technique is because I don't
know what all issues there might be with regards to DRM, etc...
I don't usually deal with .wma files myself.

0
notccox (151)
7/29/2007 1:14:23 AM
Chris Cox wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
>> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
>> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
>> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
>> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
>> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> Well.. there's most certainly an easier answer... but the following will
> help with other situations...

One easier way:

mplayer -ao pcm:file=myfile.wav myfile.wma

This may require the w32codecs... not sure...

Then you can reencode to mp3.

There may be an even easier way.....  I couldn't
figure out how to get mplayer to send the data
to stdout.. if so you could reencode via a pipe.
0
notccox (151)
7/29/2007 1:26:47 AM
Ant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

I think the closest thing for linux is the Hymn Project
http://www.hymn-project.org/

There are a few programs for Windows that are able to remove some versions
of the WMA DRM. Can't recommend any since I don't buy any music with DRM
protection.

You could check the forums over at Hymn, they may be of some help (I'm sure
they answer that question all the time)... The answer is probably going to
be: Burn the CD, then rip them.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
0
asolanous (4)
7/29/2007 4:09:36 AM
In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.misc,
Chris Cox <notccox@notairmail.net> didnst hastily scribble thusly:
> Chris Cox wrote:
>> Ant wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
>>> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
>>> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
>>> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
>>> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
>>> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance. :)
>>
>> Well.. there's most certainly an easier answer... but the following will
>> help with other situations...

> One easier way:

> mplayer -ao pcm:file=myfile.wav myfile.wma

Doesn't work with DRMed files because mplayer isn't DRM enabled.
Even with the w32codecs.
|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste!         |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|  I can SMELL!!!  KRYTEN!!! Unpack Rachel and    |
|            in            |  get out the puncture repair kit!"              |
|     Computer Science     |     Arnold Judas Rimmer- Red Dwarf              |
spike1 (8171)
7/29/2007 4:41:55 PM
On 7/29/2007 9:41 AM PT, spike1@freenet.co.uk typed:

>>> Well.. there's most certainly an easier answer... but the following will
>>> help with other situations...
>
>> One easier way:
>
>> mplayer -ao pcm:file=myfile.wav myfile.wma
>
> Doesn't work with DRMed files because mplayer isn't DRM enabled.
> Even with the w32codecs.

Yeah, I couldn't get mplayer to play my WMA by itself. :( How frustrating.
--
"I look at an ant and I see myself: a native South African, endowed by
nature with a strength much greater than my size so I might cope with
   / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
     \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
ANTant (1371)
7/29/2007 8:06:36 PM
On 7/28/2007 9:09 PM PT, Alexander Solano typed:

> Ant wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
>> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
>> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
>> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
>> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
>> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> I think the closest thing for linux is the Hymn Project
> http://www.hymn-project.org/
>
> There are a few programs for Windows that are able to remove some versions
> of the WMA DRM. Can't recommend any since I don't buy any music with DRM
> protection.

Yeah, I did that but none of them can remove it. I found TuneBite that
will record the song though (digitally -> analog to the MP3/OGG/etc.).
Too bad my old Linux box doesn't have a CD burner. Heh.
--
"Busy as ants hurrying orcs were digging, digging lines of deep trenches
in a huge ring, just out of bowshot from the walls;" --The Return of the
   / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
     \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
ANTant (1371)
7/29/2007 8:08:16 PM
On 29 Jul, 05:09, Alexander Solano <asolan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
> > or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
> > like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
> > digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
> > this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
> > fromhttp://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>
> > Thank you in advance. :)
>
> I think the closest thing for linux is the Hymn Projecthttp://www.hymn-project.org/
>
> There are a few programs for Windows that are able to remove some versions
> of the WMA DRM. Can't recommend any since I don't buy any music with DRM
> protection.
>
> You could check the forums over at Hymn, they may be of some help (I'm sure
> they answer that question all the time)... The answer is probably going to
> be: Burn the CD, then rip them.
>
> Good luck and let us know how it goes.

This is a *big* deal for the BBC right now, due to the recent release
of "Iplayer", a way to view or listen to programs up to one week old.
I'd be terribly curious if anyone works out simple tools for doing so.

0
nkadel (705)
7/30/2007 10:16:38 PM
Groovy hepcat Ant was jivin' in comp.os.linux.setup on Sun, 29 Jul 2007
10:16 am. It's a cool scene! Dig it.

> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA
> files or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It

  I looked into this a while ago. There isn't much for Linux. But I did
find one program. The memory's a bit foggy, but I think it was called
VLC media player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). I haven't tried it
yet, because I'm on a dial-up account with download limits, and I'm
currently having line problems too. But I'll download it and try it out
when I get broadband.

--
                 Dig the sig!

----------- Peter 'Shaggy' Haywood ------------
              Ain't I'm a dawg!!
0
phaywood (258)
8/4/2007 7:12:38 AM
On Jul 30, 4:08 am, Ant <ANT...@zimage.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/2007 9:09 PM PT, Alexander Solano typed:
>

> > Ant wrote:
>
> >> Hello,
>
> >> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
> >> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
> >> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
> >> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
> >> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
> >> fromhttp://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>
> >> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> > I think the closest thing for linux is the Hymn Project
> >http://www.hymn-project.org/
>
> > There are a few programs for Windows that are able to remove some versions
> > of the WMA DRM. Can't recommend any since I don't buy any music with DRM
> > protection.
>
> Yeah, I did that but none of them can remove it. I foundTuneBitethat
> will record the song though (digitally -> analog to the MP3/OGG/etc.).
> Too bad my old Linux box doesn't have a CD burner. Heh.
> --
> "Busy as ants hurrying orcs were digging, digging lines of deep trenches
> in a huge ring, just out of bowshot from the walls;" --The Return of the
> King (book)
>     /\___/\
>    / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @http://antfarm.ma.cx(Personal Web Site)
>   | |o   o| |        Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL):http://aqfl.net
>      \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: phi...@earthlink.netANT
>       ( )                                           or ANT...@zimage.com
> Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.- Hide quoted text -

Besides the sound recording method, there is a Virtual CD burning
method to convert any music formats to any formats. Even for protected
music files such as purchased M4P music or WMA music, NoteBurner
( www.noteburner.com ) can do the burn/rip/convert works. It's very
fast because it is a VIRTUAL CD-RW.

On 8/4/2007 12:12 AM PT, Peter 'Shaggy' Haywood typed:

>> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA
>> files or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It
>
>   I looked into this a while ago. There isn't much for Linux. But I did
> find one program. The memory's a bit foggy, but I think it was called
> VLC media player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). I haven't tried it
> yet, because I'm on a dial-up account with download limits, and I'm
> currently having line problems too. But I'll download it and try it out
> when I get broadband.

I tried Windows version of VLC but it couldn't play the DRM'ed WMA file.
--
"News Headline: Ants Take A Long Time To Cook In Microwave" --unknown
    /\___/\
   / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
     \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
ANTant (1371)

sync in a C program?
Hi, i'm replacing a perl script with a C program, so the perl script used to rsync very many files to some 60 servers, and rsync was excellent for this. however the script did do a lot of calculations which perl sucks at and was using too much memory/cpu. i took a look at rsync.h and it seemed way too complicated to use. or maybe i didn't look hard enough does anyone know how to use rsync in a c program without using a system call? In article <518a5d0.0406281803.150b3e23@posting.google.com>, mazzawi@gmail.com (elia Mazzawi) wrote: > does anyone know how to use rsync in a c ...

open stdin a second time
Hi, I´m opening stdin to get a file and pass it through a pipe. r=popen("/usr/local/bin/mfilt","w"); while((ret=fread(l,1,sizeof(l),stdin))>0){ fwrite(l,1,sizeof(l),r) } pclose(r); After that, if mfilt returns me an error I want to send an email with the original message attached...but how can I re-read stdin to do that. I do not want to save the message to a temp file or save it to memory for i/o questions. Is there a way to re-read stdin ? amit khan <nospam@nospam.com> writes: > I´m opening stdin to get a file and pass it thro...

Programming Counts
I am looking for SAS programming help. I have a dataset in the following format: ID Departure_Time Arrival_Time 1 0850 0930 2 0623 0651 3 1234 1301 4 1508 1515 .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . .. . . n x y I would like to determine the cumulative count of flights in-air at different half-hour time periods across a given day (from 00:01-00:30 to 23:31-24:00). In the above dataset, for ID 1, I would like give a count of 1 for the time periods 08:31-09:00 and 09:01-0930. Similarly a count of one for: 06:01-06:30 and 06:31-07:00 -- ID 2 12:31-13:00 and 13:01-13:30 -- ID 3 15:01-15:30 -- I...

another Ruby on Rails certificate program
repent! the end is near! http://ipd.cti.depaul.edu/ror/Prog_ror.htm -- Giles Bowkett Blog: http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com Portfolio: http://www.gilesgoatboy.org Tumblelog: http://giles.tumblr.com/ On Nov 11, 2007, at 09:13 , Giles Bowkett wrote: > repent! the end is near! > > http://ipd.cti.depaul.edu/ror/Prog_ror.htm The end of what? I teach a certificate program for the university of washington extension program... I'm intensely curious what end is near. Ryan Davis wrote: > > On Nov 11, 2007, at 09:13 , Giles Bowkett wrote: > >> repent! the end i...

GalCiv2: Where are the save files?
I am having trouble with the galciv2 forums. In what subdirectory are the save games found? Usually I can find these easily for games. Thx, Bryce "JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in message news:1142902863.299947.293940@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I am having trouble with the galciv2 forums. > > In what subdirectory are the save games found? Usually > I can find these easily for games. My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 I am looking for Galciv2. But yes, they are buried about 4 levels deep under documents an...

playing a wave file under JavaScript
I would like to play a wave file in my web page, for that have written a javascipt but to no avail. Using http://www.jslint.com/ I have found the following errors: ============ Error: Implied global: alert 3, document 18, navigator 8 Problem at line 18 character 9: document.write can be a form of eval. document.writeln('<bgsound src="' + soundfile + '" loop=1>'); Problem at line 21 character 5: document.write can be a form of eval. document.writeln('<embed src="' + soundfile + '" autoestart=true loop=false ... ====================...

Open Forum 4 ALL #2
Opened Forum ! http://sqlwarrior.freehostia.com/forum SQL Warrior Forum The most opened forum on the world ! Every one can join and asks question, expert will reply ! Discussion about SQL, Dotnet and VB... Job seeker and company requirement : Found best workers here and posts your jobs here for free. Workers can posts resume and search for jobs ! Advertise here for free! (in the misc forum) Posts anything you want to know. Show your site and get higher traffic Join now it's free http://sqlwarrior.freehostia.com/forum http://sqlwarrior.freehostia.com/forum ...

FAQ 3.5 How do I debug my Perl programs? #26
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 3.5: How do I debug my Perl programs? (contributed by brian d foy) Before you do anything else, you can help yourself by ensuring that you let Perl tell you about problem areas in your code. By turning on w...

Open Debate About OpenDocument
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,172063,00.html James Prendergast's column, Massachusetts Should Close Down Open Document, touched a nerve among FOXnews.com's tech savvy readers and ignited a heated response. ... Editor's Note: The column "Massachusetts Should Close Down OpenDocument" that appeared on FOXnews.com Sept. 28 identified author James Prendergast as executive director of Americans for Technology Leadership, but failed to disclose that Microsoft is a founding member of that organization. ATL is a coalition of t...

Macro for opening files by passing filenames as token
Hello Folks I was trying to write a macro to open files by passing the file names as a token and I tried the following syntax but it didn't work. Define fsdts1 (!POS !CHAREND ('/')). !DO !fsds !IN (!1). GET FILE=CONCAT("'D:\temp\",!fsds,".sav'".) !DOEND. !ENDDEFINE. *** fsdts1 "fname"/. can any one help me on this ? Thanks in Advance -Anantha Try this Define fsdts1 (!POS !CHAREND ('/')). !DO !fsds !IN (!1). get fil !Quote(!concat('D:\temp\', !fsds, '.sav')). !DOEND. !ENDDEFINE. A...

IP Source Guard crush Catalyst 3750
Hello! I try to use Catalyst 3750 with "ip source quard". When there is 2000 lines with "ip source binding..." in config, something like this: ip source binding 8888.2222.0001 vlan 1001 192.168.168.1 interface Gi1/0/6 ip source binding 8888.2222.0002 vlan 1001 192.168.168.2 interface Gi1/0/6 ip source binding 8888.2222.0003 vlan 1001 192.168.168.3 interface Gi1/0/6 ip source binding 8888.2222.0004 vlan 1001 192.168.168.4 interface Gi1/0/6 ip source binding 8888.2222.0005 vlan 1001 192.168.168.5 interface Gi1/0/6 ip source binding 8888.2222.0006 vlan 1001 192.168.168.6 inte...

Access to data sources across domains 363384
I have created a html-page with formelements that via a javascript get their data from an iframe that calls a external XLM-page. The solution works in MS Explorer, but only if the browser security is changed to allow data access across domains. Has anybody found a way, so the browser default-settings does not need to be changed. Thanx Steve On 10 Sep 2004 14:37:32 -0700, googleboy <steffen@e-handelskompagniet.dk> wrote: > I have created a html-page with formelements that via a javascript get > their data from an iframe that calls a external XLM-page. The solution > wor...

GUI application and automatic file launcher questions
I would appreciate any suggestions to achive the following: 1. Launch a specified M-file automatically when MATLAB starts up. 2. Display results of a computation in a GUI. Is there a GUI component that will take in input internally from an M-file and display it? Thanks. Tara ...

Locating partially matched strings in a file
I have a situation where I have a bunch of strings stuffed into a vector. I need to run through each of them and locate approximate (or complete) matches to them in another file (which also contains a string on each line). If I am searching for CAD I need to locate even something that looks like ACAD or CADINC (along with the exact match for CAD of course). I ran into some examples using istream_iterator and have an idea how to do this if I am just looking for an exact match. Can someone point me in the right direction what I need to do if I have to make substring searches too? thanks! ...

Tried Open Office. Hate it.
Using Office 2003. Love it. On Aug 16, 9:05=A0pm, reporter <TruckSaf...@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Office 2003. =A0Love it. to each his own.... we love you for trying it. "reporter" <TruckSafety@gmail.com> stated in post c6aff9c3-eee2-4d48-af8f-edbf8fbfb154@v26g2000prm.googlegroups.com on 8/16/08 6:05 PM: > Using Office 2003. Love it. Curious what about Open Office was not to your liking? The current version is excellent but, of course, it has its pros and cons like anything. -- "Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying...

Reading data from a file into a dataset
Hi, I want to read a file into a SAS dataset. The beginning of the file looks like this: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SAKSNR.: 1981/1 ARKIV: 701.21 TITTEL: RAPPORT SAKSDATO: 18.05.1981 SISTE DOK.: 18.05.1981 ANT.DOK: 1 SANSV.: OD/SMS/AK DOKNR.: 1 JAVD: ODJ SBH: OD/SMS/AKV JDATO: 18.05.1981 UOFF AVS/MOT: OTTER DOK.TITTEL: STATUSRAPPORT AVSKR.DOKNR.: DATO: 18.05.1981 AVSKR. M�TE: X --------------------------...

Open panel too long to open....
OS 10.3.4 on a G4 Cube w Internet connection open (cable) When using a context menu 'Open with..' on a file in the Finder... it takes a long long time to display the Open Panel (spinning wheel)... is it searching a complete list of libraries to display including out searching on internet ?...... why it's so long ? any way to shorten this delay ? thanks for hints Joss ...

Proxy site open all blocked sites 7811
Proxy site open all blocked sites http://yourp.zxq.net ...

Auto file name function.
Hi Am using PI version 6 very adequate for my purposes hence I've never upgraded. But am now scanning in bulk and find the auto file name function in batch processing a little frustrating, i.e. starting at "untitled1" each time and not padding the number, and we all know what happens when you list files which are numbered like this. So, the question is - does the latest version a.) give the facility to choose the file name AND b.) get it to pad the number properly? I've come here first for the answer as I suspect it may take a while for Ulead to answer...

Open Intervals Represented by Gauges
I would like to represent an open interval (on the real line) with a Horizontal or VerticalGauge. Let's say (0, 1). I can represent this in calculations by using ConditionalExpression[x, 0 < x < 1] where x might be set by a HorizontalGauge. Then the ConditionalExpression of x becomes Undefined at the endpoints. But I would also like this to be reflected in the appearance of the Gauge. For interior points I would like the Gauge marker to be a blue triangle, and at the endpoints to change to a white triangle with a black outline. The following was my attempt us...

Opening multiple m files
I currently use the R2007a version of MATLAB. However, the previous version you could open multiple mfiles in one window but different tabs. However, this version, whenever you try to open another mfile while one is already opened, it will make the currently opened one invisible and there is no way you can get to it. This is frustrating "ade77 " <ade100a@gmail.com> wrote in message <gc9d0d$hjn$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I currently use the R2007a version of MATLAB. However, the previous version you could open multiple mfiles in one window but different tabs. > ...

Free open source IDE for C programming
Hi, I would like to know what do u suggest for Free open source IDE for C programming. The minimum features i expect are online help (in the editor) something u see in Borland C compiler (with that Ctrl+F1 option), highlighting, auto indenting. Dev C++ does the last two but i don't seem to have online help i expect. Thanks in advance. Greenhorn. On 8 Feb 2005 12:47:14 -0800, "Greenhorn" <teachgreenhorn@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > I would like to know what do u suggest for Free open source IDE for >C programming. The minimum features i exp...

Deny Copy of a File
Is there any way to deny a user/group the ability to copy a file while still allowing them to read and modify data in the file? I would have thought this would be an obvious setting in the file permissions but I am apparently wrong. Thanks bshort I got a similar problem. I want users/groups to be able to read files in a folder but be able to modify them. For now it's still possible to choose "Save as" and store the file on a different location and modify it. Is PDF really the only solution or should I be able to do the job with NTFS permissions. Thanks <bshort1023@yahoo...

How do I setup Labview 7 to use Starteam as the CM-tool (SCC-provider) for Source Control.
I want use Starteam as the CM-tool for Source Control. Starteam is installed to be the selected SCC-provider and is working properly with other tools (ex: Visual Basic). When choosing Source Control in Labview Starteam is not in the list to be chosen. Any ideas of solution, or if this is possible. I do not believe you will be successful. The SCC in LabVIEW was specifically created to work with certain products--built in scc, perforce, etc. You will probably have to use the Starteam interface to check the files in and out. ...

Failure to add object in kepserver (Open Process Control app)
Hi everyone, I am asking you this question because I'm pretty much stuck. I am a student and my assignment is to make a simple OPC client/server application. To this end I've gotten Vihang Patil's OPC simulation program from here: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27788-opc-serverclient-demo However, when I run it, without modifications, I get a "non-existent field" error and a "ui callback" error upon pressing the two buttons of the GUI, for a cylinder and ejector device, respectively. Kepserver, the app used for the OPC server part of...