An open source program to convert DRM'ed WMA files to others (MP3 & OGG)?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,

Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)

Thank you in advance. :)
--
    /\___/\
   / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
     \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
Reply ANTant (1371) 7/29/2007 12:16:48 AM

See related articles to this posting

Ant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Well.. there's most certainly an easier answer... but the following will
help with other situations...

You can capture anything you can play audibly....
(may not work quite this way on all sound devices)
As root:

amixer set 'Mix' cap
arecord -t wav -f cd mycapture.wav

Then you could play the file using whatever... be it flash,
or mplayer, etc....

Interrupt the arecord process when done.  You will now
have a .wav file.

The only reason I bring up this technique is because I don't
know what all issues there might be with regards to DRM, etc...
I don't usually deal with .wma files myself.

0
Reply notccox (151) 7/29/2007 1:14:23 AM

Chris Cox wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
>> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
>> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
>> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
>> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
>> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> Well.. there's most certainly an easier answer... but the following will
> help with other situations...

One easier way:

mplayer -ao pcm:file=myfile.wav myfile.wma

This may require the w32codecs... not sure...

Then you can reencode to mp3.

There may be an even easier way.....  I couldn't
figure out how to get mplayer to send the data
to stdout.. if so you could reencode via a pipe.
0
Reply notccox (151) 7/29/2007 1:26:47 AM

Ant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

I think the closest thing for linux is the Hymn Project
http://www.hymn-project.org/

There are a few programs for Windows that are able to remove some versions
of the WMA DRM. Can't recommend any since I don't buy any music with DRM
protection.

You could check the forums over at Hymn, they may be of some help (I'm sure
they answer that question all the time)... The answer is probably going to
be: Burn the CD, then rip them.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
0
Reply asolanous (4) 7/29/2007 4:09:36 AM

In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.misc,
Chris Cox <notccox@notairmail.net> didnst hastily scribble thusly:
> Chris Cox wrote:
>> Ant wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
>>> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
>>> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
>>> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
>>> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
>>> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance. :)
>>
>> Well.. there's most certainly an easier answer... but the following will
>> help with other situations...

> One easier way:

> mplayer -ao pcm:file=myfile.wav myfile.wma

Doesn't work with DRMed files because mplayer isn't DRM enabled.
Even with the w32codecs.
|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste!         |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|  I can SMELL!!!  KRYTEN!!! Unpack Rachel and    |
|            in            |  get out the puncture repair kit!"              |
|     Computer Science     |     Arnold Judas Rimmer- Red Dwarf              |
Reply spike1 (8171) 7/29/2007 4:41:55 PM

On 7/29/2007 9:41 AM PT, spike1@freenet.co.uk typed:

>>> Well.. there's most certainly an easier answer... but the following will
>>> help with other situations...
>
>> One easier way:
>
>> mplayer -ao pcm:file=myfile.wav myfile.wma
>
> Doesn't work with DRMed files because mplayer isn't DRM enabled.
> Even with the w32codecs.

Yeah, I couldn't get mplayer to play my WMA by itself. :( How frustrating.
--
"I look at an ant and I see myself: a native South African, endowed by
nature with a strength much greater than my size so I might cope with
   / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
     \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
Reply ANTant (1371) 7/29/2007 8:06:36 PM

On 7/28/2007 9:09 PM PT, Alexander Solano typed:

> Ant wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
>> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
>> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
>> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
>> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
>> from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> I think the closest thing for linux is the Hymn Project
> http://www.hymn-project.org/
>
> There are a few programs for Windows that are able to remove some versions
> of the WMA DRM. Can't recommend any since I don't buy any music with DRM
> protection.

Yeah, I did that but none of them can remove it. I found TuneBite that
will record the song though (digitally -> analog to the MP3/OGG/etc.).
Too bad my old Linux box doesn't have a CD burner. Heh.
--
"Busy as ants hurrying orcs were digging, digging lines of deep trenches
in a huge ring, just out of bowshot from the walls;" --The Return of the
   / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
     \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
Reply ANTant (1371) 7/29/2007 8:08:16 PM

On 29 Jul, 05:09, Alexander Solano <asolan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
> > or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
> > like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
> > digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
> > this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
> > fromhttp://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>
> > Thank you in advance. :)
>
> I think the closest thing for linux is the Hymn Projecthttp://www.hymn-project.org/
>
> There are a few programs for Windows that are able to remove some versions
> of the WMA DRM. Can't recommend any since I don't buy any music with DRM
> protection.
>
> You could check the forums over at Hymn, they may be of some help (I'm sure
> they answer that question all the time)... The answer is probably going to
> be: Burn the CD, then rip them.
>
> Good luck and let us know how it goes.

This is a *big* deal for the BBC right now, due to the recent release
of "Iplayer", a way to view or listen to programs up to one week old.
I'd be terribly curious if anyone works out simple tools for doing so.

0
Reply nkadel (705) 7/30/2007 10:16:38 PM

Groovy hepcat Ant was jivin' in comp.os.linux.setup on Sun, 29 Jul 2007
10:16 am. It's a cool scene! Dig it.

> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA
> files or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It

  I looked into this a while ago. There isn't much for Linux. But I did
find one program. The memory's a bit foggy, but I think it was called
VLC media player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). I haven't tried it
yet, because I'm on a dial-up account with download limits, and I'm
currently having line problems too. But I'll download it and try it out
when I get broadband.

--
                 Dig the sig!

----------- Peter 'Shaggy' Haywood ------------
              Ain't I'm a dawg!!
0
Reply phaywood (258) 8/4/2007 7:12:38 AM

On Jul 30, 4:08 am, Ant <ANT...@zimage.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/2007 9:09 PM PT, Alexander Solano typed:
>

> > Ant wrote:
>
> >> Hello,
>
> >> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files
> >> or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems
> >> like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record
> >> digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do
> >> this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought
> >> fromhttp://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :)
>
> >> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> > I think the closest thing for linux is the Hymn Project
> >http://www.hymn-project.org/
>
> > There are a few programs for Windows that are able to remove some versions
> > of the WMA DRM. Can't recommend any since I don't buy any music with DRM
> > protection.
>
> Yeah, I did that but none of them can remove it. I foundTuneBitethat
> will record the song though (digitally -> analog to the MP3/OGG/etc.).
> Too bad my old Linux box doesn't have a CD burner. Heh.
> --
> "Busy as ants hurrying orcs were digging, digging lines of deep trenches
> in a huge ring, just out of bowshot from the walls;" --The Return of the
> King (book)
>     /\___/\
>    / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @http://antfarm.ma.cx(Personal Web Site)
>   | |o   o| |        Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL):http://aqfl.net
>      \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: phi...@earthlink.netANT
>       ( )                                           or ANT...@zimage.com
> Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.- Hide quoted text -

Besides the sound recording method, there is a Virtual CD burning
method to convert any music formats to any formats. Even for protected
music files such as purchased M4P music or WMA music, NoteBurner
( www.noteburner.com ) can do the burn/rip/convert works. It's very
fast because it is a VIRTUAL CD-RW.

0
Reply dadofbrook (3) 8/10/2007 1:49:41 PM

On 8/4/2007 12:12 AM PT, Peter 'Shaggy' Haywood typed:

>> Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA
>> files or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It
>
>   I looked into this a while ago. There isn't much for Linux. But I did
> find one program. The memory's a bit foggy, but I think it was called
> VLC media player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). I haven't tried it
> yet, because I'm on a dial-up account with download limits, and I'm
> currently having line problems too. But I'll download it and try it out
> when I get broadband.

I tried Windows version of VLC but it couldn't play the DRM'ed WMA file.
--
"News Headline: Ants Take A Long Time To Cook In Microwave" --unknown
    /\___/\
   / /\ /\ \    Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
     \ _ /       Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
Reply ANTant (1371) 8/28/2007 8:58:47 AM
comp.os.linux.misc 33420 articles. 20 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

An open source program to convert DRM'ed WMA files to others (MP3 & OGG)?
Hello, Are there any Linux softwares/programs that can convert DRM'ed WMA files or remove the DRM from the WMA file in Linux (using Debian)? It seems like there is none except to burn to a CD audio, rip it, etc. Or record digital to analog (lose quality this way). The reason why I want to do this is because XMMS, Mplayer, etc. can't play the WMA file I bought from http://us.puretracks.com/. :( And I hate WMA files. :) Thank you in advance. :) -- /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Li...

Open source code for converting PPT file to JPG files?
Hi all: We had done this before on Windows platform but now we are thinking of doing this to convert PPT (PowerPoint) files into JPG/JPEG files on the linux platform. Our goal is to create an add-in module for moodle (moodle.org) so that the teachers could upload a PPT file to the moodle platform and this add-in will convert the PPT file into several JPG files automatically. Our final goal is to develop a add-in that would actually generate a SMIL file to synchronize our streaming video file (in quicktime or real media format) with these JPG files. Any help or pointers (such as a sa...

How do I convert a WMA file to MP3 or WAV ?
I want to upload a music file to youtube but youtube does not support WMA. I believe I will have to convert it to MP3 or WAV. How can I do this under LInux ? On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:59:52 -0400, pokhara67 <pokhara67@googlemail.com>= = wrote: > I want to upload a music file to youtube but youtube does not support > WMA. > I believe I will have to convert it to MP3 or WAV. > > How can I do this under LInux ? > to most people it's easy = http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/search.pl?query=3Dmp3+wave+linux+conv= ert -- = OpenSuse 10.2 x64, KDE 3.5, Opera 9.x w...

convert DV to smaller files (open source)
I've a stack of mini-DV tapes from my consumer-grade Panasonic standard-quality camcorder. Each tape gives about 15Gigs of raw DV, which I'd like to convert to something smaller without losing noticeable quality. I'd like to later be able to edit this material down into DVDs and flash video files. I'm running Linux (couple of Debian-based distros available) so have tools like ffmpeg and mencoder available. Any suggestions of what sort of format to go for, e.g. mpeg or avi types, and incantations to get reasonable filesizes and types? I'm in the UK so my videos are PAL. -...

Program for batch converting various audio files to mp3
Is there a program that can talk a folder of audio files composed of AIFF, WAV, mp3, and ACC and convert them to mp3 files at a pre-selected set of sample rate and bit rate, etc.? Thanks for any help. Dale In article <1106119880.781076.206740@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, dglaser@pacific.net wrote: > Is there a program that can talk a folder of audio files composed of > AIFF, WAV, mp3, and ACC and convert them to mp3 files at a pre-selected > set of sample rate and bit rate, etc.? > > Thanks for any help. > > Dale iTunes Thanks for replying... Could you ...

Any open source program to convert drawing to vector graph?
Any open source program to convert drawing to vector graph? In article <bvn744$r1q$1@news3.bu.edu>, Nick <nbdy9@hotmail.com.nospam> wrote: > Any open source program to convert drawing to vector graph? fink has autotrace frontline frontline-gimp-plugin -- superegos talker Nick wrote: > Any open source program to convert drawing to vector graph? potrace: http://potrace.sourceforge.net AutoTrace: http://autotrace.sourceforge.net ...

Is there a program that can convert VB6 source files -> VB4?
There are several projects of mine that I've written (or at least started) in VB6 - but now I'm playing with VB4, and would like to work on my "stuff". Unfortunately, the stupid IDE doesn't recognize VB6 forms as such (and complains violently if I just change the version number) and refuses to open project files. So - are there any programs that can convert my VB6 stuff to VB4? (Yes, I could do it in Notepad, but I'm lazy, and it's a few dozen forms and project files.) -- auric "underscore" "underscore" "at" hotmail "dot...

Read / convert ESRI grid raster files with open source client?
Is it possible to view and/or convert ESRI grid rasters in an open source client? Also, is there an open source spatial data browser similar to ArcCatalog? Thanks very much. Dana Looks like Quantum GIS can read ESRI's grid format (*.adf), but uDig cannot. How does one tell which *.adf is the correct one to open if the name is non-obvious? For a particular raster, I had to randomly choose *.adf files in a folder to get the raster to appear. Sure would help to have an open source equivalent of ArcCatalog. GDAL at www.gdal.org can read the ESRI grid rasters, but ca...

Open source software utility converts (.DBF and .txt) files into pdf fomat
Hi, Posting this here as it may be of interest/use to readers of this group: http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5289087657.html Content at the above URL: ========================================================================== Open source software utility converts files into pdf fomat: ----------------------------------------------------------- An open source software utility that provides a way to convert files into Adobe PDF (portable document format) is now available for download. The software, which has achieved a stable release, is useful for quickly converting pl...

Cannot open the TeX source file:The DVI file contains no source links??
I don't know what's wrong with my WinEdt, recently, I always get the following message when I click the DVI file : Cannot open the TeX source file: The DVI file contains no source links。 Click help, then the following message: Use the -src-specials option the next time you compile your TeX source file。 Still don't know how to fix it. Help! On Dec 25, 6:26 pm, zhu...@gmail.com wrote: > I don't know what's wrong with my WinEdt, recently, I always get the > following message when I click the DVI file : > > Cannot open the TeX source file: The DVI...

Convert WAVE file to MP3 file
What software(s) for the mac can convert a WAVE sound file to an MP3 sound file? I need to convert a digital voice recorder file (DSS) to WAVE and then to MP3 for transcription into text. Any help would be appreciated. JD Did you try Audacity? http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ Lo=EFc In article <d9hd1v0b7l@drn.newsguy.com>, John Decker <John_member@newsguy.com> wrote: > What software(s) for the mac can convert a WAVE sound file to an MP3 sound > file? How about this little-known program called iTunes? In article <droleary.usenet-34421E.19344024062005@corp.supern...

Convert .wav file to mp3 file
I want to convert some .wav files to either .mp3 or .wma files, but don't know how. My .wav files are not long ones, with each lasting 30 seconds at the most, but there are a lot files. They take too much space on my web site. Please teach. Also, if this is not the right group to ask this question, please advise where to go. Thanks. Fuli Chang Fuli Chang wrote: > I want to convert some .wav files to either .mp3 or .wma files, but > don't know how. > > if this is not the right group to ask this Well, what is the group name? Do you see "audio" ...

program that will open xls file and read it and use the data in another program and print the output in xls file
How can we write program that will open xls file and read it and use the data in another program and print the output in xls file ? filename=input('enter the name of the xls file =') sheet =input('NO. of worksheet you want to import [for input] =') range =input('specify the range - for example A4:B5 [for input] =') N = xlsread('filename', sheet, 'range') -For xlsread command did we have to imort and save file before -If we put filename as the name of the xls file ==> Undefined variable But if we put it as data will give the numerical data only. -s...

After write TDMS file, I close the storage ref (file), then I delete the file in program, error occured:File already open. How to solve it?
I want to delete channel groups in TDMS file, but the delete storage VI doesn't work, so I need to copy the needed datas to another file, and then delete the orignal file. The error occured&nbsp; when I deleted the orignal file, the prompt was: File already open. But I examined my program and I had used the colse storage VI to close the storage ref(file), the ref closed&nbsp;was&nbsp;equal to the ref open. How to solve it? &nbsp; Thanks for your reply! Untitled 1.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/266602/1/Untitled 1.vi The file connections are refcounted, so it...

Program to open a file in binary, skip X bytes and write the rest of the file to a new file
How would I approach this? I cannot store the entire file in memory (they are 30GB+) but I need to skip the first 292 bytes and write the rest to a new file. Thanks, Scott scad wrote: > How would I approach this? I cannot store the entire file in memory > (they are 30GB+) but I need to skip the first 292 bytes and write the > rest to a new file. 1. Open the file to read (file_1) 1.a If file_1 in bad state, report and exit. 2. Counter = number of bytes to skip 3. While counter > 0 and not the end of file_1 read file_1 3.a. If file_1 in bad sta...

Open-source app to open *.pub files?
One of the organizations for which I work part time has begun sending its newsletters as *.pub files. Are there any open-source applications for Mac OS X that will open *.pub files? I'd prefer Universal Binary, as I now use a PowerPC Mac, but plan to purchase a Mac Mini this month or next. James Vipond <jvipond@wat.midco.net> writes: > One of the organizations for which I work part time has begun > sending its newsletters as *.pub files. Are there any open-source *.pub is not a very well standardized extension. It is used for PGP keys, it's used for MS Publisher fil...

After associating a file how does my program actually open the file?
OK, I associated a file from registry. VB Opens correctly. Then..? How does my program now that I opened a file from outside itself..? (yes, I am a begginer ;) ) thnk you for your time. In article <1148952408.487937.134700@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, "pek" <kimwlias@gmail.com> wrote: >OK, I associated a file from registry. >VB Opens correctly. >Then..? >How does my program now that I opened a file from outside itself..? If you set up the file association correctly, the file that was double-clicked should be sent to your program as a command-line parame...

source file for opening and reading .forward file
Question: where, or which .c files in the sendmail-8.13.7 source tree are responsbile for opening and reading one's .forward file? I have tried: grep ForwardPath sendmail-8.13.7/sendmail/*.c which pointed to alias.c and readcf.c Is the alias.c the one responsible for reading the contents of a .forward? Many Thanks. N. ...

How can I convert vy2 file to MP3 file?
Hi everybody, I really need your help if you are into audio file conversion. I recorded an interview during data collection for my research and the output file I got has the extension of vy2. I tried playing it with real player, media player, quick time, and winamp as well as converting it using some programs like streambox and other audio converter software. Nothing helped at all? I really need that file to analyze my data. I hope somebody there can hear my HELP! scream. Thankx.... Ali VY2 looks like it's a proprietary file type used by Samsung hardware, I would guess...

Undefined error #612
I got this message when i did a nonlinear regression. I am using SPSS 13.0 Undefined error #612 - Cannot open text file "C:\Program Files\SPSS\en\windows\spss.err": No such file or directory=AC Predicted values are missing, or case weights are missing or not positive for all cases. This command is not executed. What is wrong with the SPSS? I have no problem at all when i use version 12.0 Thank you, run - I have not seen anyone respond to this one - Here is a comment, even though it is not very useful. On 22 Mar 2005 18:56:27 -0800, "run&q...

Tru64 file system source code now open source
http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/open_source/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208800252 John Smith wrote: > http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/open_source/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208800252 > > > ## Tru64 is a 64-bit Unix operating system for the Alpha microprocessor architecture owned by HP. Tru64 was a product of Compaq, which was acquired by HP in 2002. ## No mention of Tru64 coming from Digital. No mention about Alpha having been murdered and Tru64 development having stopped in 2001. The last paragraph though is the best. Finally, a true reflection ...

How I can convert OGG to MP3 or copy audio CD in MP3?
How I can? Is there any MP3 plugins for Konqueror which I can copy audio CD's in MP3? Or how I can convert Ogg Vorbid files to MP3 in Linux? Thanks, Lasse Liehu lasseliehu@saunalahti.fi Hello Lasse Liehu (<lasseliehu@saunalahti.fi>) wrote: > How I can? > Is there any MP3 plugins for Konqueror which I can copy audio CD's in > MP3? You need to install an mp3 encoder, like lame, and configure the konqueror audiocd plugin (kde control center => sound => audio cd) > Or how I can convert Ogg Vorbid files to MP3 in Linux? There is no direct way of converting ...

Converting a 48KHz MP3 file to 44.1KHz WAV file
I want to convert an MP3 at 48 KHz into a WAV file at 44.1 KHz, so I can burn it to a CD. The problem is that I have tried a few conversion utilities (mpeg321, lame) and I have so far been unable to obtain an output WAV file at 44.1 KHz - no matter what I do, it remains at 48 KHz. Can anybody suggest a foolproof way of getting the job done? On 2006-09-13, Howard Bryce <Hbryce@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to convert an MP3 at 48 KHz into a WAV file at 44.1 KHz, so I can > burn it to a CD. The problem is that I have tried a few conversion > utilities (mpeg321, lame) and I hav...

Re: Tru64 file system source code now open source
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0042F2AB85257472_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" "John Smith" <John.Smith@NotTheOneAtHP.com> wrote on 06/24/2008 07:52:01 AM: > http://www.informationweek. > com/news/software/open_source/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208800252 > > > Isn't this statement a bit as from an alternate universe in another time: "Besides Tru64, HP also acquired the VMS platform in the Compaq purchase, and later proceeded to migrate third-party applications that ran on the two operating...

0580 An open failed because the file was oversize and the opener did not ... in C program ( FILE_OPEN_)
hello i have a big problem when try to open KeySequence FILE, this file is a Format 2 File. I need to open the file and then apply setmode 141. The purpose is to know whens records have this File trought Bulk i/o.32k. how to fix this error without convert this file to Format 1? source code filename = "$pene.PERAMA.CRD01B"; i_options = ZSYS_VAL_OPENOPT_UNSTRUCTACC; FILE_OPEN_(filename, (short)strlen(filename), &filenum, CW_ACCESS_R, CW_EXCL_SHARE, , ...