to music that is SL7 friendly?

Many thanks,
-T

On 2016-10-18 06:10, T wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Anyone have a favorite wireless stereo headset for listening
> to music that is SL7 friendly?

In principle, any headset that has the same audio jack connector. Any
headset can be connected to any electrical audio source: radio, mpeg
player, media center, tv, computer... no difference.

Notice that wireless headsets have a transmitter that connect a plug to
the output, so they behave the same as a cabled headset.

The difference may be if the headset connects via wireless _bluetooth_.
In this case, what you need to check is that your software stack does
support Bluetooth audio (which is not trivial). The headset you use is
irrelevant, operating system agnostic.

(note: to me SL7 means SUSE Linux 7, so you'd better specify what you
mean really)

--
Cheers, Carlos.
0
On 10/18/2016 03:40 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2016-10-18 06:10, T wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Anyone have a favorite wireless stereo headset for listening
>> to music that is SL7 friendly?
>
> In principle, any headset that has the same audio jack connector. Any
> headset can be connected to any electrical audio source: radio, mpeg
> player, media center, tv, computer... no difference.
>
> Notice that wireless headsets have a transmitter that connect a plug to
> the output, so they behave the same as a cabled headset.
>
> The difference may be if the headset connects via wireless _bluetooth_.
> In this case, what you need to check is that your software stack does
> support Bluetooth audio (which is not trivial). The headset you use is
> irrelevant, operating system agnostic.
>
> (note: to me SL7 means SUSE Linux 7, so you'd better specify what you
> mean really)

Sorry, Scientific Linux 7  (SL7), which is a Red Hat Enterprise
Linux (RHEL) clone, line CentOS

I think Bluetooth is probably out.  SL uses some pretty old stuff