Different types of caches used in Linux 2.4 and 2.6!

Hi,

I am newbie to Linux Kernel.

I am trying to find out the different types of caches used in Linux
Kernel. I found out that there are slab cache, page cache, buffer
cache, dentry cache, inode cache, SYSV shared memory cache and process
mapped virtual memory cache in Linux 2.2. Can u help me in finding out
if these are the same caches used in Linux 2.4 and 2.6 or if things
have changed in Linux 2.4 and Linux 2.6 ? I am not able to find
something concrete on the net on caches in Linux 2.4 and 2.6.

Thanks in Advance.

"bantu" <naveen.highlander@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am newbie to Linux Kernel.
>
> I am trying to find out the different types of caches used in Linux
> Kernel. I found out that there are slab cache, page cache, buffer
> cache, dentry cache, inode cache, SYSV shared memory cache and process
> mapped virtual memory cache in Linux 2.2. Can u help me in finding out
> if these are the same caches used in Linux 2.4 and 2.6 or if things
> have changed in Linux 2.4 and Linux 2.6 ? I am not able to find
> something concrete on the net on caches in Linux 2.4 and 2.6.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

For 2.4 look at 'understanding the Linux Kernel' 2nd edition.