Fedora 6 can't start because of Mounting CIFS file system ....

My environment is:  windowsXP + vmware workstation 6.0
         Fedora6 is installed under vmware.

I configure to share file system with host machine and I add it to
mount table several days ago. But now I forget the password I had set
temporiallly. When I reboot the Fedora6 under vmware, it just stops
here and waiting for correct password....

Is there any way for me to login in as single user mode so that I can
change the vsftab? I know Solaris has hot-key for this kind of
function. How about Linux?

Thanks,
--Wavelet

Wavelet wrote:
> Is there any way for me to login in as single user mode so that I can
> change the vsftab? I know Solaris has hot-key for this kind of
> function. How about Linux?

vsftab?

not sure if this is what you're looking for.
if fedora's using grub, when the kernel is selected (highlighted) during
the bootloader stage, hit the 'e' key (edit) then add on to the kernel
options line:
rw init=/bin/bash

then hit enter, it'll go back to the bootloader screen then hit 'b' to boot.

you should get single user mode, then change the password from there.
passwd username

--Benjamin Franklin
(remove _eh to email)