galeon - history in url address dropdown

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

Is there any way I can clean the history of the URLs in the url address
dropdown box? I have the "History" setup to 0, but that doesn't keep the
url address dropdown box clean.

Thanks.
0
Reply as470 (9) 1/1/2005 4:18:38 AM

See related articles to this posting

�� Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:18:38 -0500��ad���

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way I can clean the history of the URLs in the url address
> dropdown box? I have the "History" setup to 0, but that doesn't keep the
> url address dropdown box clean.
>
> Thanks.
Which the Browser are you using?
0
Reply dolbyking (4) 1/1/2005 4:31:25 AM

I should have mentioned in the mail's content. I am using "galeon"
(version 1.3.18-1.1 in debian unstable).
Thanks.
0
Reply as470 (9) 1/2/2005 3:58:42 AM
comp.os.linux.misc 33371 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How to encrypt URL Address ?
How to encrypt URL Address ? ============================== Now i 'm play about PHP language . and now i want ot know how to " advance url display " like encrypt URL Address in browser ( IE , Opera , others ) like Display :: http://posting.google.com/post?cmd=post&justr= http://127.0.0.1:4664/&s=yC1WvvwfhpLmt75SPkYGMFFgmsw http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=th&tab=ig&q= it 's not show surname file ( .php .asp .html .others ) Anyone can suggest me ? sir Thank you for advance Pratchaya Pratchaya wrote: > http://posting.google.com/post?cmd=post&justr=...

Check url address
Hello all, i would like to do something like define two urls, primary and secondary. After that, check them and if primary is not available, choose secondary url. At the end, put these to some variable for next usage. Thanks a lot! L. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Luk=C3=A1=C5=A1 N. <dmnc.mobile@gmail.com> = wrote: > Hello all, > > i would like to do something like define two urls, primary and > secondary. After that, check them and if primary is not available, > choose secondary url. At the end, put these to some variable ...

Thunderbird and url-addresses
I would like to start a URL addresses out of the new release of Thunderbird 0.8 for OS2. How can that be done? Stefam ...

Javascript in the address/URL bar

Accessing URL in Address Bar
Is it possible to use client side scripting to retrieve the value that is typed into the address bar when the page is unloaded. As in... You are on page2.asp and you type "www.whatever.com" in the address bar can you retrieve the value of www.whatever.com from page2.asp before it unloads Jon said: > >Is it possible to use client side scripting to retrieve the value that >is typed into the address bar when the page is unloaded. > >As in... >You are on page2.asp and you type "www.whatever.com" in the address >bar > >can you retrieve the value of ...

how to replace a URL in the address bar
Hi-- How can one replace the URL in the address bar to a "friendly alternative"? Is there a way to do this with JavaScript? Is there a way to do this ASP.NET? For example, suppose I have a site that has the URL... http://www.MySite.com/ ....and when I browse to one section in this site, the URL may look like this... http://www.MySite.com/Products/ .....and when I browse to another section, the URL may look like this... http://www.MySite.com/Data/Page.htm?Value=17&Description=52 ....and so on, with many different ugly URL strings.... ....now, what I want to do is to ma...

Get url from address bar
Hi, I want to get address from address bar like if address is http://abc.com/mytest/index.php?id=1 i want only http://abc.com/mytest and if http://abc.com/index.php?id=1 then only this http://abc.com. Thanks for help! wedphp schreef: > Hi, > > I want to get address from address bar like if address is > http://abc.com/mytest/index.php?id=1 i want only http://abc.com/mytest > and if http://abc.com/index.php?id=1 then only this http://abc.com. > > > Thanks for help! Hi, Try this: echo "<pre>"; print_r($_SERVER); echo "</pre>"; I a...

Galeon and Mozilla could not find the addresses
I have been usuary of a Debian Woody 3.0r2 with Gnome 2.0 for a long time without no problem. But for days I have been having the following problem: All the services of Internet work to me: - News I read with PAN - the POP mail with Evolution, - I can make FTP with GFTP as my distribution is Linex I am updated without problems , -I can chat with XChat, but... for days neither Galleon (1.2.5)nor Mozilla (1.0.0) they have been able to sail since they do not find the directions. Nevertheless with Lynx and Netscape 4,77 yes I can sail. I have reviewed the configurations of t...

keep url in address bar
Hi, I am using Apache 1.3 with mod_rewrite and would like to know if it is possible to keep the original URL the user entered in the browser address bar when performing a rewrite. For example: RewriteRule ^/home /www/work/home.html [R] When the user enters http://www.domain.com/home What happens is they see http://www.domain.com/www/work/home.html in the browser. is there anyway to avoid this?? (I don't want to use frames either) Thanks, Cookie. On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:35:25 +0200, "Cookie Monster" <cookie.monster@somewhere.com> wrote: &g...

how to mask a url address for a web site.
Hi, how to mask a url address for a web site. Thanks, Srinivas srinivas wrote: > how to mask a url address for a web site. What do you mean by that? Check if URL fits to some pattern template? srinivas wrote: > how to mask a url address for a web site. Perhaps you are looking for something like var esc = (typeof encodeURIComponent == "function" ? encodeURIComponent : (typeof escape == "function" ? escape : function(x) { return x; })); alert(esc("http://foo.bar/baz"));...

how to read the url from address bar in javascript
Hi, My requirement is like this.We have one page called page1.html in this page we have one iframe.in the i frame we put height and width as 100% and src=page2.html.In the address bar i am able to see page1.html in the page(i frame) we are seeing page2.html, now what i need is if i read the url i need to get the page1.html path.can anybody please send me the javascript or aspx code for this. Thanks, Srinivas > My requirement is like this.We have one page called page1.html > in this page we have one iframe.in the i frame we put height and width > as 100% and src=page2.htm...

dont show url in address bar
How to hide the url from the browser? Should show only one url I have to make a servlet for controlling all other servlets. The browser should show only one url. eg: http://www.mydomain.com/ControllerServlet what I have to do for this? please advice me... Thanks in advance. asianet wrote: > How to hide the url from the browser? Do you mean from me, the end user? How dare you! If you URL is so damn secret, take it off the net, otherwise it is MINE. >..Should show only one url > > I have to make a servlet for controlling all other servlets. The > browser should show only...

Is there a script to show random URL address?
Hi, I am using a pay-through service that allows a user to access a specific page on my website. Let's call the page www.mywebsite.com/content.htm. Since content is changing on this page, I want to charge users every time they access it. However, once they get there the first time, all they have to do is bookmark the page and they can then access it directly without going to my pay-through page. How can I force www.mywebsite.com/content.htm to show something like www.mywebsite.com/KR%TV.htm in the address bar and as a bookmark and have those characters change randomly everytime the site i...

Variables being APPENDING in URL and Address bar. Why ?
Hi - my site is bilingual. I have two language files that look like this : en.inc define(HELLO, 'Hello'); fr.inc define(HELLO, 'Bonjour'); Then my php/html looks like this: <h3><?php echo HELLO ?></h3> In each page I check and/or set the language : index.php : $lang='en'; require('languages/set_language.php'); set_language.php : if (isset($_GET['lang'])) { $lang = $_GET['lang']; } require("{$lang}.inc"); I have a hyperlink in the fo...

How to fetch a file from a URL address with Javascript???
Hello, I'm a beginner of Javascript, I wish to know it is possbile to fetch a file (its textual or graphical content) with a http type address. Also where I can find the object, keyword, functions reference of JavaScript Thanks you much sayoyo saiho yuen wrote: > Hello, > > I'm a beginner of Javascript, I wish to know it is possbile to fetch a file > (its textual or graphical content) with a http type address. Assuming you mean just loading it. window.location = hrefYouRequire; > > Also where I can find the object, keyword, functions reference of JavaScript &...

Retrieving the current URL in the address bar
Hi all. I know nothing about javascript, so anything you say will likely be news to me. I have a vhost that may have a configuration problem (1 vhost is getting way more traffic than it should). I'm wondering if there's a way to see the URL that someone used to access this one vhost (i.e., did they really type in http://bob.com (or click it somewhere) or did they type http://sally.com and bacause my vhost is misconfigued, they're arriving at http://bob.com.) I'm guessing that this might be possible with Javascript. Thanks for any and all help. "cobalt" <curt...

tell the difference between url and ip address
is there a nifty command line way (in bash) to tell the difference between an ip address and a url? If I have a shell script that gives out only ip addresses 1) if it's given an ip address - then that's fine, it can just echo it out 2) if it's given a url - then it needs to look up the ip address and echo out the result. The problem is that I don't know of a nice way to tell the difference between an ip address (like 206.168.1.4), a url (like www.microsoft.com), and garbage (anything else)... thanks! On 2005-06-24, juicymixx@mailinator.com wrote: > > is there a nifty...

Put a url in a browsers address bar
Dear All, I would like to place a url in my browsers address bar, then execute. How can do this? e.g. def goToGoogle(): url = "www.google.com" b = openBrowser() b.goToUrl(url) return True Thanks for any help Colin On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:01:16 -0400, Colin Gillespie <c.gillespie@ncl.ac.uk> wrote: > I would like to place a url in my browsers address bar, then execute. > How can do this? > > e.g. > > def goToGoogle(): > url = "www.google.com" > b = openBrowser() > b.goToUrl(url) > return True > def goToGoogle(): ...

dropdown variable pass as URL parameters
Hi, Can someone help me? I have a sample form from another page and user can change country code and submit, then I need to pass the country code as url parameter and reload the form. I have other form variables that need to carry to the reload page and I cannot use "GET" since some of them will be long. When I select a different country code, it displays correctly under alert; however, the submit did not pass any country code (it ends with country=3D). <form name=3D"mycountry" method=3D"post" action=3D"<cfoutput>checkout_nologin.cfm?...

URL and Socket Objects from IP Address
I am trying to connect to an https URL address of the form: "ip_address/file_path/file_name" using URL object and Socket objects. I have tried creating URL objects from this available data but none of the URL constructors take IP address. I have tried using the IP address in the place of "host" parameter but I keep getting "java.net.UnknownHostException". Similarly when I created socket: SocketFactory.getDefault().createSocket("IP_address/file_path/file_name",por t) I once again get the "java.net.UnknownHostException". Also when I enter just t...

From URL's to Email Addresses
Hi: I have approx 17000 URL's in a database. I would like to know a method / alogrithm / procedure / pseudo-code that I can use in xHarbour to find and pick out the main *contact email address* for the website. Then, of course, I would store this contact email address in another field in my large set of URL's Currently, I access the URL (say, www.example.com), then manipulate it so that I save an email address called info@example.com . This is a special case and usually (?) won't be correct. However, if the site does not *have* that email address set up, ...

SSL and web link url addresses
Next week my Server admin will register an SSL certificate for my Intranet Web Application located on a Windows 2000 server. Please advise how it will work? Does each link in my Web application have an SSL with https link addresses (ie: https://myserver/mywebappDirectory/index.cfm)? Or do all the links in the webappDirectory have https url addresses? ...

cannot remove url from address bar in explorer
I've cleared the history, and I've checked the registry at -- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mic=ADrosoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs However, when I type an 'a' in my address bar "www.about.com" always shows up. If I clear the history nothing shows up in the address bar, and it appears cleared, until I type the dreaded 'a'. Anyone know how to remove that pesky address? Ted ...

Email address/url for reporting bugs
Could someone let me have the url/email address for for reporting bugs? Many thanks... Will Chapman VO bugs, i presume? <g> a little late my guess ( VO 2.7 is almost finished) but this adres will do: bugshunter@cavo.com > Many thanks... you are welcome Erik Visser ...

dropdown list & address book
When entering a recipient name in a message a dropdown list opens. Many names, my most used, in the dropdown list are not to be found in the Address Book!?? Know they are in the Address Book (AB) and not the History file since they do not appear if the AB check box is cleared in Auto completion Options. Where are the missing names? And where is the History file? Also, the Help page on "Auto completion" states that the AB icon is an "open book with tabs", and the history file icon is a "page with corner bent". In my dropdown lists the former is...