won't let me see that. any help will be very much appreciated.

peace
stm

On 2007-11-27, Sean McIlroy <sean_mcilroy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi all
>
> my machine is running ubuntu (hoary hedgehog) and i hate it. can
> anybody tell me how to get rid of it? i found some instructions online
> but they start with entering a command at the dos prompt and ubuntu
> won't let me see that. any help will be very much appreciated.

Hoary Hedgehog is something of an ancient version of Ubuntu. Mind you
'ancient' means 2005 as Ubuntu is one of the newer distros. Does your
machine have sufficient grunt to run a newer distro? In which case you
could repartition and install over the top of your existing
installation. This would be the easiest way.

      Andrew

--
Now I can praise him, now that I can stand by to mourn
and speak before this web that killed my father; yet
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:01:59 -0800, Sean McIlroy wrote:

> hi all
>
> my machine is running ubuntu (hoary hedgehog) and i hate it. can
> anybody tell me how to get rid of it? i found some instructions online
> but they start with entering a command at the dos prompt and ubuntu
> won't let me see that. any help will be very much appreciated.
>
> peace
> stm

I should think you would hate it! You might try something that has been
produced in the last year or so - a lot has changed.

All you have to do is install whatever right over the top of it.

0
ray65 (5421)
11/27/2007 1:42:16 AM
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:01:59 -0800 (PST), Sean McIlroy
<sean_mcilroy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> my machine is running ubuntu (hoary hedgehog) and i hate it. can
> anybody tell me how to get rid of it?

Simply install whatever new OS you want and have it repartition &
reformat the disk.  Have the new OS install it's boot loader in the
Master Boot Record (MBR).  Windows for example does that by default.

All done.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| "Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:42:39 -0500, Bob Hauck wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:01:59 -0800 (PST), Sean McIlroy
> <sean_mcilroy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> my machine is running ubuntu (hoary hedgehog) and i hate it. can
>> anybody tell me how to get rid of it?
>
> Simply install whatever new OS you want and have it repartition &
> reformat the disk.  Have the new OS install it's boot loader in the
> Master Boot Record (MBR).  Windows for example does that by default.

Actually, I believe MS DOES it - no 'default' involved and you can't have
it NOT do it.

> All done.

0
ray65 (5421)