How much of cygwin needed to...

be able to cutNpaste from at least 3 parts of one text-files on
the same screen; preferably without needing to look away from
the screen to find F-keys or 2-finger absurdities like Ctrl-V.

A 12-months ISP subscription deceived me into needing to buy
a win8.1 x64 laptop which I can't use with my x32 Linux DVD.

Downloading & installing a full-featured eg. kde installation
to run linux under win-x64 seems absurd; but the multi-windowed
TextUserInterface facility that I need exists in `wily`, which.
needs X11.

Also I want linux's capabilty of mounting and accessing all the
various partitions types.

Would you expect a USB to SATA & IDE adaptor to be able to read
non M$ partitions? I'd expect the driver/s to be only M$ capable.

== TIA

0
dog

On 15/10/16 15:03, dog@gmail.com wrote:
> be able to cutNpaste from at least 3 parts of one text-files on
> the same screen; preferably without needing to look away from
> the screen to find F-keys or 2-finger absurdities like Ctrl-V.
>
> A 12-months ISP subscription deceived me into needing to buy
> a win8.1 x64 laptop which I can't use with my x32 Linux DVD.
>
> Downloading & installing a full-featured eg. kde installation
> to run linux under win-x64 seems absurd; but the multi-windowed
> TextUserInterface facility that I need exists in `wily`, which.
> needs X11.
>
> Also I want linux's capabilty of mounting and accessing all the
> various partitions types.
>
> Would you expect a USB to SATA & IDE adaptor to be able to read
> non M$ partitions? I'd expect the driver/s to be only M$ capable.
>
> == TIA

NURSE! HE HASN'T TAKEN HIS MEDS AGAIN!

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
0
The
10/15/2016 2:08:46 PM
On 10/15/2016 07:08 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> On 15/10/16 15:03, dog@gmail.com wrote:
>> be able to cutNpaste from at least 3 parts of one text-files on
>> the same screen; preferably without needing to look away from
>> the screen to find F-keys or 2-finger absurdities like Ctrl-V.
>>
>> A 12-months ISP subscription deceived me into needing to buy
>> a win8.1 x64 laptop which I can't use with my x32 Linux DVD.

	Get the drivers from the maker of the drive.

>> Downloading & installing a full-featured eg. kde installation
>> to run linux under win-x64 seems absurd; but the multi-windowed
>> TextUserInterface facility that I need exists in `wily`, which.
>> needs X11.

	Too dim in the troll's cave to read about the installation
of Linux alongside the MS product?

>> Also I want linux's capabilty of mounting and accessing all the
>> various partitions types.
>>
>> Would you expect a USB to SATA & IDE adaptor to be able to read
>> non M$ partitions? I'd expect the driver/s to be only M$ capable.

	But with Linux the drivers are built in.

>> == TIA
>>
> NURSE! HE HASN'T TAKEN HIS MEDS AGAIN!

	He is a troll, N.P..  One of the oldest entry in my filters.

	Let us not further nourish the troll...
	bliss

--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com
0