How to delete a file ?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all,

Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?

conditions are as follows:-

 1)  mv command is not allowed
 2) GUI utilities are not allowed
 3) only command line is allowed to use

assumptions:-
                     1)  immutable property is not set
                     2)  sticky bit is not set
                     3)  there is no permission issues
0
Reply aarklon (253) 10/14/2008 5:51:39 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Oct 14, 10:51=A0am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>
> conditions are as follows:-
>
> =A01) =A0mv command is not allowed
> =A02) GUI utilities are not allowed
> =A03) only command line is allowed to use
>
> assumptions:-
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A01) =A0immutable property is no=
t set
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A02) =A0sticky bit is not set
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A03) =A0there is no permission i=
ssues

 one more condition  file deletion commands are  not allowed
0
Reply aarklon (253) 10/14/2008 7:09:51 AM

On Oct 14, 9:09=A0am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 10:51=A0am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>
> > conditions are as follows:-
>
> > =A01) =A0mv command is not allowed
> > =A02) GUI utilities are not allowed
> > =A03) only command line is allowed to use
>
> > assumptions:-
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A01) =A0immutable property is =
not set
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A02) =A0sticky bit is not set
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A03) =A0there is no permission=
 issues

> =A0one more condition =A0file deletion commands are =A0not allowed

Do you need to remove the file itself, or just the contents? If the
latter, you could try ">filename" iirc.
0
Reply kenneho.ndu (25) 10/14/2008 7:30:02 AM

On Oct 14, 12:30=A0pm, kenneho <kenneho....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 9:09=A0am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 14, 10:51=A0am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi all,
>
> > > Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>
> > > conditions are as follows:-
>
> > > =A01) =A0mv command is not allowed
> > > =A02) GUI utilities are not allowed
> > > =A03) only command line is allowed to use
>
> > > assumptions:-
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A01) =A0immutable property i=
s not set
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A02) =A0sticky bit is not se=
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A03) =A0there is no permissi=
on issues

> > =A0one more condition =A0file deletion commands are =A0not allowed
>
> Do you need to remove the file itself, or just the contents? If the
> latter, you could try ">filename" iirc.

 to remove the contents in can do cat /dev/null  > filename

but this question was asked to me by friend to evaluate my linux skills
0
Reply aarklon (253) 10/14/2008 8:16:27 AM

annalissa <aarklon@gmail.com> wrote:
> to remove the contents in can do cat /dev/null  > filename
>
> but this question was asked to me by friend to evaluate my linux skills

Helping you too much then would be cheating...
Use apropos with a few words to see what man pages come up.
:)
--
|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   |                                                 |
|   Andrew Halliwell BSc   | "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!"          |

annalissa <aarklon@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?

>>  1) mv command is not allowed
>>  2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>>  3) only command line is allowed to use
>   4) file deletion commands are not allowed

What's your friend's definition of a file deletion command? Anything
that calls unlink(2), or a bit less restrictive than that?

Chris
0
Reply chris-usenet (1132) 10/14/2008 10:22:12 AM

annalissa <aarklon@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 14, 10:51�am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>>
>> conditions are as follows:-
>>
>> �1) �mv command is not allowed
>> �2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>> �3) only command line is allowed to use
>>
>> assumptions:-
>> � � � � � � � � � � �1) �immutable property is not set
>> � � � � � � � � � � �2) �sticky bit is not set
>> � � � � � � � � � � �3) �there is no permission issues
>
>  one more condition  file deletion commands are  not allowed

What's "file deletion commands"? To delete a file you need a program
that can delete a file. You mat=y write that program yourself using
any programming language or (ab)use a program that's written  for
something else (e.g. some editors can delete files)

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>
**  Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your signature, please!  **

On Oct 14, 10:16=A0am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 12:30=A0pm, kenneho <kenneho....@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > =A0one more condition =A0file deletion commands are =A0not allowed
>
> > Do you need to remove the file itself, or just the contents? If the
> > latter, you could try ">filename" iirc.
>
> =A0to remove the contents in can do cat /dev/null =A0> filename
>
> but this question was asked to me by friend to evaluate my linux skills- =

I'm interested in the answer, so please post it here when you figure
it out. :)
0
Reply kenneho.ndu (25) 10/14/2008 10:47:13 AM

Florian Diesch wrote:
> annalissa <aarklon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 14, 10:51 am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>>>
>>> conditions are as follows:-
>>>
>>>  1)  mv command is not allowed
>>>  2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>>>  3) only command line is allowed to use
>>>
>>> assumptions:-
>>>                      1)  immutable property is not set
>>>                      2)  sticky bit is not set
>>>                      3)  there is no permission issues
>>  one more condition  file deletion commands are  not allowed
>
> What's "file deletion commands"? To delete a file you need a program
> that can delete a file. You mat=y write that program yourself using
> any programming language or (ab)use a program that's written  for
> something else (e.g. some editors can delete files)
>
>    Florian

well you could move all the files elsewhere, using cp, reformat the
partition, and move them all back again EXCEPT the one you wanted to delete.

Or remove the contents with echo "" > filename. followed by a rename.

The file name and contents no longer exist, just the basic inode
structure ...does that count? ;-)

I've always favoured throwing the whole computer out of the window and
then running a Sherman tank over it. That deletes most things.

Another good one is to remove the hard disk and shove it in a microwave.

Or strap it to your feet and jump off a bridge.

Really, there are so MANY answers, one gets spoiled for choice...

I would simply rename the rm command, use it, and rename it back afterwards.

If that fits the 'rules' of this silly game.

0
Reply The 10/14/2008 1:10:46 PM

On 10/14/2008 03:09 AM, annalissa wrote:
> On Oct 14, 10:51 am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>>
>> conditions are as follows:-
>>
>>  1)  mv command is not allowed
>>  2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>>  3) only command line is allowed to use
>>
>> assumptions:-
>>                      1)  immutable property is not set
>>                      2)  sticky bit is not set
>>                      3)  there is no permission issues
>

>  one more condition  file deletion commands are  not allowed

If you want to get pedantic, you cannot delete a file if file deletion
commands are not allowed.

Pay somebody to delete the file for you and don't ask how they
did it.  *You* did not use the rm command.
0
Reply oneal (207) 10/14/2008 1:17:27 PM

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 09:09, annalissa wrote:

> On Oct 14, 10:51 am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>>
>> conditions are as follows:-
>>
>> 1)  mv command is not allowed
>> 2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>> 3) only command line is allowed to use
>>
>> assumptions:-
>> 1)  immutable property is not set
>> 2)  sticky bit is not set
>> 3)  there is no permission issues
>

>  one more condition  file deletion commands are  not allowed

Open konqueror, or nautilus, and drag the file to the trash. Then
select "empty trash".

0
Reply pk (435) 10/14/2008 1:30:36 PM

On Oct 14, 3:30=A0pm, pk <p...@pk.invalid> wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2008 09:09, annalissa wrote:
>

> > On Oct 14, 10:51=A0am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
>
> >> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>
> >> conditions are as follows:-
>
> >> 1) =A0mv command is not allowed
> >> 2) GUI utilities are not allowed
> >> 3) only command line is allowed to use
>
> >> assumptions:-
> >> 1) =A0immutable property is not set
> >> 2) =A0sticky bit is not set
> >> 3) =A0there is no permission issues
>
> > =A0one more condition =A0file deletion commands are =A0not allowed
>
> Open konqueror, or nautilus, and drag the file to the trash. Then
> select "empty trash".- Hide quoted text -

Funny! :)
0
Reply kenneho.ndu (25) 10/14/2008 2:03:28 PM

pk wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2008 09:09, annalissa wrote:
>
>> On Oct 14, 10:51 am, annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>>>
>>> conditions are as follows:-
>>>
>>> 1)  mv command is not allowed
>>> 2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>>> 3) only command line is allowed to use
>>>
>>> assumptions:-
>>> 1)  immutable property is not set
>>> 2)  sticky bit is not set
>>> 3)  there is no permission issues
>>
>>  one more condition  file deletion commands are  not allowed
>
> Open konqueror, or nautilus, and drag the file to the trash. Then
> select "empty trash".

Gui commands not allowed...

Command line only.

Fdisk anyone?

0
Reply The 10/14/2008 2:21:24 PM

[me@work]$ shred filename
0
Reply newbie.cpp (21) 10/14/2008 2:40:44 PM

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 16:21, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>>>  one more condition  file deletion commands are  not allowed
>>
>> Open konqueror, or nautilus, and drag the file to the trash. Then
>> select "empty trash".
>>
> Gui commands not allowed...
>
> Command line only.

Ah, I missed that bit.

Then my takes are:

--

perl -e 'unlink("file");'

a='rm file'; eval $a

printf '\x72\x6d\x20\x66\x69\x6c\x65\x0a' | sh

--

No file deletion commands (at least, not directly on the command line).
0

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:51:39 -0700, annalissa wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>
> conditions are as follows:-
>
>  1)  mv command is not allowed
>  2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>  3) only command line is allowed to use
>

> assumptions:-
>                      1)  immutable property is not set
>                      2)  sticky bit is not set
>                      3)  there is no permission issues

One obvious way comes to mind: format the partition on which it resides.
0
Reply ray65 (5422) 10/14/2008 2:52:45 PM

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 03:09:51 -0400, annalissa <aarklon@gmail.com> wrote:

>  one more condition  file deletion commands are  not allowed

tar --remove-files -cf /dev/null $filename

Or would that count as a file deletion command?

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Reply dwhodgins (374) 10/14/2008 3:42:30 PM

annalissa <aarklon@gmail.com> wrote in news:dba911d8-5648-4ae1-a859-
14ab521d2a0d@v16g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>
> conditions are as follows:-
>
>  1)  mv command is not allowed
>  2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>  3) only command line is allowed to use
>

> assumptions:-
>                      1)  immutable property is not set
>                      2)  sticky bit is not set
>                      3)  there is no permission issues

fdisk ;-)

0
Reply prop_m (26) 10/14/2008 3:58:24 PM

On Oct 14, 6:10=A0pm, The Natural Philosopher <a...@b.c> wrote:
> Florian Diesch wrote:
> > annalissa <aark...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> =A0one more condition =A0file deletion commands are =A0not allowed
>
> > What's "file deletion commands"? To delete a file you need a program
> > that can delete a file. You mat=3Dy write that program yourself using
> > any programming language or (ab)use a program that's written =A0for
> > something else (e.g. some editors can delete files)
>
> > =A0 =A0Florian
>
> well you could move all the files elsewhere, using cp, reformat the
> partition, and move them all back again EXCEPT the one you wanted to dele=
te.

> Or remove the contents with echo "" > filename. followed by a rename.
>
> The file name and contents no longer exist, just the basic inode
> structure ...does that count? ;-)
>
> yes that counts

0
Reply aarklon (253) 10/14/2008 4:05:32 PM

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, annalissa wrote:

> but this question was asked to me by friend to evaluate my linux skills

So then it becomes a test of your ability to ask a question, and get
an answer.

   Michael

0
Reply et472 (516) 10/14/2008 4:13:29 PM

annalissa wrote:
> On Oct 14, 12:30 pm, kenneho <kenneho....@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> one more condition file deletion commands are not allowed
>>
>> Do you need to remove the file itself, or just the contents? If the
>> latter, you could try ">filename" iirc.
>
>  to remove the contents in can do cat /dev/null  > filename

useless use of cat and /dev/null (drop both, "> filename" does it too)

Bye, Jojo

0
Reply nospam.jojo (1344) 10/14/2008 4:57:09 PM

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> Florian Diesch wrote:
>> annalissa <aarklon@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>  one more condition  file deletion commands are  not allowed
>>
>> What's "file deletion commands"? To delete a file you need a program
>> that can delete a file. You mat=y write that program yourself using
>> any programming language or (ab)use a program that's written  for
>> something else (e.g. some editors can delete files)
>>
>>    Florian
>
> well you could move all the files elsewhere, using cp, reformat the
> partition, and move them all back again EXCEPT the one you wanted to
> delete.
>
> Or remove the contents with echo "" > filename. followed by a rename.
>
> The file name and contents no longer exist, just the basic inode
> structure ...does that count? ;-)

And it is even a new inmode structure. So indeed the old file is gone and a
new, empty one with the same name has been created.

Bye, Jojo

0
Reply nospam.jojo (1344) 10/14/2008 4:59:35 PM

Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>> Florian Diesch wrote:

>>> What's "file deletion commands"? To delete a file you need a program
>>> that can delete a file. You mat=y write that program yourself using
>>> any programming language or (ab)use a program that's written  for
>>> something else (e.g. some editors can delete files)
>>>
>>>    Florian
>> well you could move all the files elsewhere, using cp, reformat the
>> partition, and move them all back again EXCEPT the one you wanted to
>> delete.
>>
>> Or remove the contents with echo "" > filename. followed by a rename.
>>
>> The file name and contents no longer exist, just the basic inode
>> structure ...does that count? ;-)
>
> And it is even a new inmode structure.

Why?

renaming doesn't change the inode, nor does truncating.

So indeed the old file is gone and a
> new, empty one with the same name has been created.
>
> Bye, Jojo

0
Reply The 10/14/2008 6:25:26 PM

annalissa wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>
> conditions are as follows:-
>
>  1)  mv command is not allowed
>  2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>  3) only command line is allowed to use
>

> assumptions:-
>                      1)  immutable property is not set
>                      2)  sticky bit is not set
>                      3)  there is no permission issues

Did you accidentally delete some files in /bin and /usr/bin or is this a
homework problem ?
0
Reply spammers-begone (170) 10/14/2008 7:01:59 PM

ray wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:51:39 -0700, annalissa wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>>
>> conditions are as follows:-
>>
>>  1)  mv command is not allowed
>>  2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>>  3) only command line is allowed to use
>>

>> assumptions:-
>>                      1)  immutable property is not set
>>                      2)  sticky bit is not set
>>                      3)  there is no permission issues
>
> One obvious way comes to mind: format the partition on which it resides.

To me, that is a "file deletion command".
Melting the disk, however...

--
mail: echo 2573598220386708649153854147564528964895403631P|dc

0
Reply Stein 10/15/2008 7:54:29 PM

On 2008-10-14, annalissa <aarklon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to delete a file without using rm command ?
>
> conditions are as follows:-
>
>  1)  mv command is not allowed
>  2) GUI utilities are not allowed
>  3) only command line is allowed to use
>

> assumptions:-
>                      1)  immutable property is not set
>                      2)  sticky bit is not set
>                      3)  there is no permission issues

Write a script that does that in any language (except shell, of course).
Most also offer an interactive "shell", e.g. ruby:

irb(main):003:0> File.delete("/tmp/t")
=> 1
irb(main):004:0> File.delete("/tmp/t")
Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory - /tmp/t
	from (irb):4:in `delete'
	from (irb):4

	-Erik

--
hackerkey://v4sw5hw2ln3pr5ck0ma2u7LwXm4l7Gi2e2t4b7Ken4/7a16s0r1p-5.62/-6.56g5OR
0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com - This software deletes duplicate files in media collection of any type Duplicate Files Deleter
http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com - This software deletes duplicate files in media collection of any type Duplicate Files Deleter - automatically with the software to Delete File Duplicates. This software deletes duplicate files in media collection of any type. Want to delete duplicate files? Delete duplicate files everywhere: Delete duplicate files in music collection Automatically delete duplicate files in the photo collection Find and delete duplicate files in any folder Delete duplicate files on the single and multiple hard drives =85 delete duplicate files everywhere All you n...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing Often when we try to delete a file or folder in Windows, we see annoying messages like "Cannot delete file: Access is denied;" or "Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program" or "There has been a sharing violation;" or "The source or destination file may be in use;" or "Th...

Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can - http://CannotDeleteFile.net LONG PATH Tool
Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can - http://CannotDeleteFile.net LONG PATH Tool - Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long error Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long or filename too long error. Just browse to the file and press a button to copy or detele it, thats it! The application solves the problem with inability to copy and delete files and folders with long paths in Explorer. They could be created by virus/adware/Mac OS/other software. Normally one can't access such files under Windows and therefore can't ...

Delete files on Windows--C:\Recycle or file delete?
I'm implementing file removal in my app for Windows, and to preserve the standard user experience, I'd like to simply move the file to the recycle bin. However, file rename -force foo C:\Recycled\foo returns an error ("no such file or directory exists"). This works on the Mac: file rename -force foo ~/.Trash/foo. However, apparently Windows puts files in the recycled directory with cryptic names, not the original file name. Am I just better off with file delete foo? -- Cheers, Kevin Walzer, PhD WordTech Software - "Tame the Terminal" http://www.wordtech-softwar...

Deleting data from the file without deleting the file first
This is a simple question, but I have never found an answer to this and been thinking about it. Plus not sure if this is the right forum, but not sure where to put this...I guess some kind of general programming guestion. So we open a file with iofstream and then write /save some text to file. Lets say we save a text: "Hello World!!" To a file HW.txt. Now, is it possible to delete the character 'o' from the file without deleting the file HW.txt first? Currently I think the only way to do this is to read the whole data from file to a string and then dele...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - unlock files in-use by other applications + Delete and Copy Path Too Long Files The application solves the problem with inability to copy and delete files and folders with long paths or locked by some application. They could be created by virus/adware/different OS/other software. Normally one can't access such files under Windows and therefore can't delete them either. Please check other Features for more details. Also you can download the latest evaluation version on our download page. Long Path Tool uses a variety of methods to delete the pers...

can a deleted bat file delete an exe that deleted it?
Have an exe that needs to delete itself and other files in the same folder but this cannot be done. So thought I would use a bat file. Problem is that the exe is not deleted if the exe deletes the bat file and its folder first. I thought I could: 1 start the exe via a bat file that lives in the same folder. 2 The exe deletes all files including the bat file and folder they all live in 3 The exe ends and the running - but deleted - bat file then deletes the exe. 4 Plan is no files are left but exe is left in the folder above - see bat below I thought I could get this working...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - copy and delete path too long files Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long or filename too long error. Just browse to the file and press a button to copy or detele it, thats it! The application solves the problem with inability to copy and delete files and folders with long paths in Explorer. They could be created by virus/adware/Mac OS/other software. Normally one can't access such files under Windows and therefore can't copy or delete them either. Clean up files. Alows to copy and delete files that has path longer the...

does deleting accounts delete files too?
Hi Althogh I have been a long time Mac user, I have never had to have more than just the one account for myself Helping a friend today, it seems she saved files while using account yyy, then somehow 'lost' this account and also her admin account xxx password We have been able to enable another admin account, so she now had admin privileges, but cannot locate the files that were produced while using account yyy, or the desk-top that she was using then I am not sure about whether if we delete all other accounts except the new admin account, files made while in other accounts an...

After write TDMS file, I close the storage ref (file), then I delete the file in program, error occured:File already open. How to solve it?
I want to delete channel groups in TDMS file, but the delete storage VI doesn't work, so I need to copy the needed datas to another file, and then delete the orignal file. The error occured&nbsp; when I deleted the orignal file, the prompt was: File already open. But I examined my program and I had used the colse storage VI to close the storage ref(file), the ref closed&nbsp;was&nbsp;equal to the ref open. How to solve it? &nbsp; Thanks for your reply! Untitled 1.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/266602/1/Untitled 1.vi The file connections are refcounted, so it...

FAQ 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file?
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? Use the Tie::File module, which is included in the standard distribution since Perl 5.8.0. ------------------------------------------...

FAQ 5.2 How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file?
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? Use the Tie::File module, which is included in the standard distribution since Perl 5.8.0. ------------------------------------------...

HD file system corrupted after delete file on a share file on Solaris 8
Hi , I installed Samba 2.2.8a on a sparc system Solaris 8 and all works except when I delete a file or a folder into the share file with a windows 2000 pro, the HD ufs file system fall into a corrupt state and if I pass fsck on the disk it report some UNREF DIR on pass 3 and LINK COUNT problem on pass 4. What could be the problem ? I changed the HD and I have the same problem. Please help and thanks for your help Dano ...

FAQ 5.2 How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? #2 554047
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? Use the Tie::File module, which is included in the standard distribution sinc...

FAQ 5.2 How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? #2 325998
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? Use the Tie::File module, which is included in the standard distribution since Perl 5.8.0. ------------------------------------------...

FAQ 5.2 How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? #4 555100
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? Use the Tie::File module, which is included in the standard distribution sinc...

FAQ 5.2 How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? #3 331649
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? Use the Tie::File module, which is included in the standard distribution since Perl 5.8.0. ------------------------------------------...

FAQ 5.2 How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? #4 336911
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? Use the Tie::File module, which is included in the standard distribution since Perl 5.8.0. ------------------------------------------...

FAQ 5.2 How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? #3 554638
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? Use the Tie::File module, which is included in the standard distribution sinc...

How to delete file
How to delete file - http://CannotDeleteFile.net Cannot delete file fixer: Amazing utility to get your worries dissipated Technical knowhow regarding the intricacies of the sophisticated software net that underlies the functioning of operating system can be little difficult for unsuspecting every day computer users. Their main concern is to get their jobs executed in as efficient and hassle free manner as possible to meet deadlines or to sail through smoothly. But the problems raise their faces in multiple ways to trouble the users. One such occasionally encountered nuisance is =91cant delet...

http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com
http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com - delete duplicate files DuplicateFilesDeleter is a free powerful clean up utility that will help you to find and delete duplicate files and clean up your computer. It can also be used to calculate MD5 and SHA hashes. The software runs in Windows, Linux, Solaris and MacOS. What are the key features of the DuplicateFilesDeleter? The most important features are: absolutely unique feature that makes it possible to find duplicates not only within one computer but also among many computers or CD, DVD etc., saving and loading searching results, Easy ...

http://HowToDeleteFile.com - Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can These are some of the other error messages that you could encounter while using Windows: Cannot delete file
http://HowToDeleteFile.com - Cannot Delete File? Long Path Tool Can These are some of the other error messages that you could encounter while using Windows: Cannot delete file - Access denied The destination or source file might be in use There is been a sharing violation The file is being used by another user or program Cannot delete folder or file. The file name specified is too long or not valid. Error Deleting folder or file There is no doubt that you have come across other error messages because these are just a few of them. But, you should know that whenever you try to mo...

Deleting alias files (blocks deleted)
Is it normal when one is deleting an alias file that the delete command reports having deleted X blocks ? Shouldn't it report having deleted 0 blocks ? (This is on VAX VMS 7.2) JF Mezei wrote: > > Is it normal when one is deleting an alias file that the delete command > reports having deleted X blocks ? > > Shouldn't it report having deleted 0 blocks ? > > (This is on VAX VMS 7.2) DELETE will remove the directory entry and $DELETE the file. The remaining directory entry(-ies) now point(s) to a file that no longer exists. You're looking for SET FILE/REM...