how to know other available linux in my network

Hi,

What is the command to know all the other Linux available in my
network, which I can connect with a ssh.

Fab

trighole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the command to know all the other Linux available in my
> network, which I can connect with a ssh.
>
> Fab

"Hey anyone got a sshd login?"
0
The
8/20/2007 4:03:09 PM
trighole staggered into the Black Sun and said:
> What is the command to know all the other Linux [machines] available
> [on] my network, which [are running] [sshd]?

"nmap -p22 192.168.1.0/24" will show all machines that are accepting
connections on port 22 (ssh) from 192.168.1.1 .. 192.168.1.254 .  Modify
for your network.  Note that you should not do this in places where you
are not the network administrator.

--
   "Cheer up, things could be worse."  So I cheered up, and sure enough,
   things got worse.
On 2007-08-20, Dances With Crows <danSPANceswithTRAPcrows@gmail.com> wrote:

> "nmap -p22 192.168.1.0/24" will show all machines that are accepting

This was not a recognized command on my Ubunut Feisty Fawn server.  I
had to apt-get install nmap first.

YMMV

--
PSK - GG = bad slrn = good
><>
http://www.the-company.com/journal.htm
Huddled in the safety of a Pseudo Silk Kimono