mencoder -ovc lavc -> "Couldn't open codec mp2"

$ mencoder -oac help
....shows that I have lavc as an available audio codec:

Available codecs:
   copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding (useful for AC3)
   pcm      - uncompressed PCM audio
   lavc     - ffmpeg audio encoder (mp2, ac3, ...)

But when I do this to convert an asf file to mpg:
$ mencoder 2.asf -o 1.mpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video -oac lavc
-ofps 15 -of mpeg -lavdopts bug=16

....I get the following error:
"Couldn't open codec mp2, br=224"

If I *don't* have the mp2 codec (even if it's saying I do), where and how
to I find just that codec.  Where (URL) can I get it, and where
(direcotry) would I put it?

--
[ Sugapablo                                                                   ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.net <--personal | http://www.sugapablo.com  <--music   ]

0
russ1 (61)