need monospace font in zenity

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi All,

I am using Scientific Linux 6.2 x64 (RHEL clone):

$  zenity --info --title="abc" --font "monospace 9" --text "abcdefg"
This option is not available. Please see --help for all possible usages.

$ zenity --help-all | grep -i font
<nothing>

$ rpm -qa \*zenity\*
zenity-2.28.0-1.el6.x86_64

I really need a monospaced font.  I am drawing a blank on Google.
Any one know how to do this?

Many thanks,
-T
0
Reply Todd3275 (92) 12/31/2011 4:16:27 AM

See related articles to this posting

Todd wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Scientific Linux 6.2 x64 (RHEL clone):
>
> $  zenity --info --title="abc" --font "monospace 9" --text "abcdefg"
> This option is not available. Please see --help for all possible usages.
>
> $ zenity --help-all | grep -i font
> <nothing>
>
> $ rpm -qa \*zenity\*
> zenity-2.28.0-1.el6.x86_64
>

> I really need a monospaced font.  I am drawing a blank on Google.
> Any one know how to do this?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Use custom gtkrc:

#v+
kmitko@ideapad:~$ cat bla
style "font" {
font_name="monospace 9"
}
widget_class "*" style "font"
gtk-font-name = "monospace 9"
kmitko@ideapad:~$ GTK2_RC_FILES=bla zenity --info --text  'www
iii'
#v-

--
Z pozdrowieniami,
Krzysztof Mitko

On 12/31/2011 01:10 AM, Krzysztof Mitko wrote:
> Todd wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am using Scientific Linux 6.2 x64 (RHEL clone):
>>
>> $  zenity --info --title="abc" --font "monospace 9" --text "abcdefg"
>> This option is not available. Please see --help for all possible usages.
>>
>> $ zenity --help-all | grep -i font
>> <nothing>
>>
>> $ rpm -qa \*zenity\*
>> zenity-2.28.0-1.el6.x86_64
>>

>> I really need a monospaced font.  I am drawing a blank on Google.
>> Any one know how to do this?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>
> Use custom gtkrc:
>
> #v+
> kmitko@ideapad:~$ cat bla
> style "font" {
> font_name="monospace 9"
> }
> widget_class "*" style "font"
> gtk-font-name = "monospace 9"
> kmitko@ideapad:~$ GTK2_RC_FILES=bla zenity --info --text  'www
> iii'
> #v-

Hi Krzysztof,

     This has been driving me crazy for about two year.  Thank you!

-T

$ xx="`su root -c "virsh list --all"`"

$ cp .gtkrc .gtkrc.monospace.12

$ vi .gtkrc.monospace.12
#
style "font" {
font_name="monospace 12"
}
widget_class "*" style "font"
gtk-font-name = "monospace 12"

$ GTK2_RC_FILES=/home/todd/.gtkrc.monospace.12  \
           zenity --info --title="Status" --text "$xx"
0
Reply Todd3275 (92) 1/1/2012 10:30:52 PM
comp.os.linux.misc 33454 articles. 20 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Need to find good monospace font
Hi! I'm typesetting a book and want to use a monospace font (I know it sounds idiotic, but it's a very special book :) ). Are there any monospaced fonts that don't look like they were written with a typewriter and that are free and work with latex? I'd like something that looks like the terminal fonts on older computers, but any monospace font that's not "typewrity" is interesting. Also, the more options the font has, the better (itshape, bfseries, scshape etc). And if possible, the font should still have good legibility in longer paragraphs. I think I'm look...

Font needed
Years ago, when I was still using a Mac IIsi, I had a really attractive Victorian font called, I think, Dickens. That was long ago, though, and if I still have a copy of the font it'd be safely stored on an unreadable floppy (does anyone else still have stacks of floppies, and a Mac with no disk drive for them?) - while an ImageWriter font would almost certainly not work with my LaserWriter, anyway... I've tried looking for a similar font, but found the vast range of possibilities totally daunting... Does anyone recognise 'Dickens', or know of a (preferably but no...

Need a Font Made (or a good font editor...)
I need somebody to make a font for me for a language I have made. If anybody is interrested, I will e-amil them with more information on how I would like the font layed out and such. Also, if anybody knows of a good freeware font editor, please let me know. I would prefer one with the ability to import bitmaps of the glyphs. Thank you to anyone who can help with either request! I <4bb49e7a.0408301317.2570de55@posting.google.com>, chris skrev: > Also, if anybody knows of a good freeware font editor, please let me > know. I would prefer one with the ability to import bitmaps of...

need help determining needed locales/font or?
When opening certain log files with a text editor, in this case, /var/log/boot, I see a lot of strange characters. See example below: Sun Nov 25 07:35:07 2012: [....] Setting parameters of disc: (none)^[[?25l^[[?1c^[7^[[1G[^[[32m ok ^[[39;49m^[8^[[?25h^[[?0c. Sun Nov 25 07:35:07 2012: [....] Setting preliminary keymap...^[[?25l^[[?1c^[7^[[1G[^[[32m ok ^[[39;49m^[8^[[?25h^[[?0cdone. Sun Nov 25 07:35:07 2012: [....] Activating swap...^[[?25l^[[?1c^[7^[[1G[^[[32m ok ^[[39;49m^[8^[[?25h^[[?0cdone. Can someone clue me in as to what I need to do to repair this. I'm using Aptosid (Debia...

Fonts Needed
Hiya all, I've a PDF file with some embedded fonts I'm in need of. Flareserif821BT-Roman Flareserif821BT-Light PyxidiumQuick FuturaBT-ExtraBlack ZurichBT-Black Thanks in advance. CMK > I've a PDF file with some embedded fonts I'm in need of. > > Flareserif821BT-Roman > Flareserif821BT-Light > PyxidiumQuick > FuturaBT-ExtraBlack > ZurichBT-Black Seems like Bitstream fonts bundled with Corel X3. As licensed software fonts can't be shared just that like. Also define need. If it is your personal work you do not actually need the fonts. If it ...

I need this font
I need this two: OrandaBT RoughewLight Any freeware alternatives? -- -------------------------------------- Part of the "No Signature Movement" My site: http://www.webbasica.com And for all those spammers out there, knock yourself out: maldito@webbasica.com No. "MALdito" <maldito@webbasica.com> wrote in message news:<2i9kskFkkvkbU1@uni-berlin.de>... > I need this two: > > OrandaBT > RoughewLight > > Any freeware alternatives? ...

monospaced fonts
Does anyone have any recommended public domain or freeware monospaced fonts for RISC OS? I've got "Optical B" and "SansMono" but wondered if anyone else could recommend any others. I like SansMono, but sometimes the l's and I's can be confusing. Paul -- Paul Vigay __\\|//__ Life, (` o-o ') the Universe --- http://www.vigay.com/ --------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------- & Everything ------ Quality Internet Services, Broadband & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk Paul wh...

I need a Typewritter looking font and this another font
Hello, I need a font that looks exactally like a "Typewritter" and I also need a font that it on this sites logo http://www.atlantic.net its there on their logo, I think that font looks really cool. If you people can help me out that will be great. Thanks, Falak Globeartis.Com http://www.globeartis.com "Falak Shah, Globeartis" wrote: > Hello, > I need a font that looks exactally like a "Typewritter" and I also > need a font that it on this sites logo http://www.atlantic.net its > there on their logo, I think that font looks really cool. If you > ...

Need more fonts
I have a new computer with a new install of Gimp 2.6. There are fonts for launages I do not use. How to I get rid of them and where do I find new fonts to replace them? TIA Dave On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:08:44 -0700, Dave Kelly wrote: > I have a new computer with a new install of Gimp 2.6. There are fonts > for launages I do not use. How to I get rid of them and where do I find > new fonts to replace them? > > TIA > Dave Need more info on OS and fonts From the header you seem to be using ubuntu 8.04 (on a new machine??) which AFAIK has next-to-none in the way of font m...

need font
Hi, Need the Font Pioneer BT. -- Michael Michael Braun wrote: > Hi, > > Need the Font Pioneer BT. Pioneer can be purchased here http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/itc/pioneer/familytree.html. -- Cassandra Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!' Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of �1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot) uk. Change the obvious to the obvious. Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post all correspondence to the group so that all may ...

i need font

I need Trinite NR2 font, does anyone where I can download this font?
I need Trinite NR2 font, does anyone where I can download this font? thanks in advance, Dave ...

!!!Need help! Need FRANKLIN GOTHIC Font Family for the PC!!!
I am facing a deadline and need these fonts badly! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!!! ...

NEED A FONT
HI guys, I have disperatly need to found font "DAY POSTER BLACK". Someone Know where to find it? thanx BONITS wrote: > HI guys, I have disperatly need to found font "DAY POSTER BLACK". > Someone Know where to find it? > thanx You can probably find it in the javadocs. -- Regards, Christophe Vanfleteren BONITS wrote: > HI guys, I have disperatly need to found font "DAY POSTER BLACK". > Someone Know where to find it? > thanx Found in less than a minute on Yahoo! search: www.nicksfonts.com How can you know how to post to a newsgroup and yet a...

What is a monospaced font?
What is a monospaced or fixed-width font? This sounds to be a trivial question. A monospaced (fixed-width) font is a font where all glyphs have the same width. However on second thought, one remembers that some characters are required to have *zero-width* glyphs. Such characters are certain control characters (NUL, BS ...) in TrueType fonts: http://developer.apple.com/fonts/TTRefMan/RM07/appendixB.html http://www.microsoft.com/typography/tt/ttf_spec/ttch04.doc http://www.google.com/search?q=TrueType+zero.advance.width Then all characters with "zero width" in their name: http:/...

Need old Font Editor for Windows vector fonts (like modern.fon)
Hi, I'd need to edit modern.fon (which is a vector font) in Win2000 / XP environments. Does anybody have a font editor capable of editing such font? It seems that current tools can just work with TrueType. There was, in the Win3.1 era, a font editor for that, but it seems to have disappeard nowadays. Any tips? ...

New virtual fonts, font definitions etc. needed: Dustismo and Bitstream Vera Sans
It would be really nice, if somebody created all needed files for using these fonts with LaTeX: http://www.gnome.org/fonts/ http://www.bitstream.com/categories/news/press/2003_bitstream/012203_gnome.htm http://www.bitstream.com/categories/products/fonts/vera/index.html http://www.dustismo.com They are both True Type-fonts, so they need to be converted to Type 1, first. With Dustismo fonts that is not a problem at all. But licence of Bitstream Vera says, that name of fonts must be changed, if somebody release modified version of their fonts. "The Font Software may be modified, alt...

Need Lemond-font.
Could anyone please help me with a font called Lemond? We use it at work, but we only have it in MAC-format. I need it for my PC. Cheers, Baard "Baard Larsen" <baard_larsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<0rfec.5943$px6.83352@news2.e.nsc.no>... > Could anyone please help me with a font called Lemond? > We use it at work, but we only have it in MAC-format. > > I need it for my PC. Convert it using Crossfont, <www.asy.com> -- read the Help to see how to transfer the file, and how to get the metrics (kerning). If it's a PS text font, tick &q...

highwire monospaced fonts
I'm wondering what fonts others are using for Highwire? I get a message something like "font for pre #"" is not monospace, ignored." Are there some monospaced fonts somewhere that I can install to avoid these messages? __ Joseph D. Place ATARI FalconCT60, 1040STE, STacy4, Portfolio, 130XE, 400. in article 10lcihgjqtp173e@corp.supernews.com, Joseph D. Place wrote on 9/26/04 12:48 AM: > I'm wondering what fonts others are using for Highwire? I get a > message something like "font for pre #"" is not monospace, ignored." > Are ther...

I need to change a font...
Hi all To set the scene... I am using XPPro (Classic style) with a 26 inch LCD TV as a monitor. I am using 120 DPI (any higher setting breaks too many things!) I should explain that I have extremely poor vision. Now, a couple of questions... If you use XP, please right click your desktop and select Properties ... What is the core font used on the tabs, and innediately below them? Is it possibnle to change either the font OR enlarge/bold it? Tia R zulu wrote: > Hi all > To set the scene... > I am using XPPro (Classic style) with a 26 inch LCD TV as a monitor. > I am using 120...

Need font ID
I need the small caps font that is on the buttons at the following site: http://www.innasoriginals.com Thanks for any help. I need a font ID'd as well. http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=9439 Any help?? mamaSanta wrote on 6/27/03 9:31 AM: > I need a font ID'd as well. > > http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=9439 > > Any help?? mamaSanta, It would be better if you created your own subject so that the two threads can be kept separate. Also try to make the title more specific than "Need Font ID", such as "Please ID...

Need Boulevard Font
Thanks to you kind folks, I know the name of the font I need. Is it available cheaper than the $99 wanted by the Berthold folks. Just as good would be a graphic designer willing to reproduce the logo at www.chicagorebels.net in 2 days (by Feb 23). Please respond with an estimate as I know it's doable .... I just don't own the right font :( Carlos Garcia SwingCarlos 'at' Comcast.net On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:07:23 +0000, SwingCarlos@comcast.net wrote (in article <1140503072.860645.216280@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>): > > Thanks to you kind folks, I know the n...

Need Apple ][ Font
I found this http://www.lazilong.com/apple_II/a2font/a2font.html but need a Pee Cee TTF version. Anybody know where to get? Thanks. Steve ][ <sc-ii@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://www.lazilong.com/apple_II/a2font/a2font.html > > > but need a Pee Cee TTF version. Anybody know where to get? I think FishWings comes with one. I've used it with CiderPress under Windows. (It's actually kind of spooky to print Applesoft BASIC listings from the file viewer with the Apple II font selected. It's like looking at listings in the early Apple II books.) http:...

Need font !! FAST !!
Hey, Image: http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/612a81881608 I need the http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/612a81881608onts that are displayed on the image above. Mail it to sbtreclame@hetnet.nl Thanks a lot! Greettings, Jeroen Buitenhuis Connect-way Reflex wrote: > Hey, > > > Image: > http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/612a81881608 > > I need the http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/612a81881608onts that are > displayed on the image above. > Mail it to sbtreclame@hetnet.nl > > > Thanks a lot! > > Greettings, > > Jeroen Buitenhuis > Connect-way Bu...