need monospace font in zenity

Hi All,

I am using Scientific Linux 6.2 x64 (RHEL clone):

$  zenity --info --title="abc" --font "monospace 9" --text "abcdefg"
This option is not available. Please see --help for all possible usages.

$ zenity --help-all | grep -i font
<nothing>

$ rpm -qa \*zenity\*
zenity-2.28.0-1.el6.x86_64

I really need a monospaced font.  I am drawing a blank on Google.
Any one know how to do this?

Many thanks,
-T
0
Todd3275 (92)
12/31/2011 4:16:27 AM
comp.os.linux.misc 33619 articles. 0 followers. amosa69 (125) is leader. Post Follow

Todd wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Scientific Linux 6.2 x64 (RHEL clone):
>
> $  zenity --info --title="abc" --font "monospace 9" --text "abcdefg"
> This option is not available. Please see --help for all possible usages.
>
> $ zenity --help-all | grep -i font
> <nothing>
>
> $ rpm -qa \*zenity\*
> zenity-2.28.0-1.el6.x86_64
>

> I really need a monospaced font.  I am drawing a blank on Google.
> Any one know how to do this?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Use custom gtkrc:

#v+
kmitko@ideapad:~$ cat bla
style "font" {
font_name="monospace 9"
}
widget_class "*" style "font"
gtk-font-name = "monospace 9"
kmitko@ideapad:~$ GTK2_RC_FILES=bla zenity --info --text  'www
iii'
#v-

--
Z pozdrowieniami,
Krzysztof Mitko
On 12/31/2011 01:10 AM, Krzysztof Mitko wrote:
> Todd wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am using Scientific Linux 6.2 x64 (RHEL clone):
>>
>> $  zenity --info --title="abc" --font "monospace 9" --text "abcdefg"
>> This option is not available. Please see --help for all possible usages.
>>
>> $ zenity --help-all | grep -i font
>> <nothing>
>>
>> $ rpm -qa \*zenity\*
>> zenity-2.28.0-1.el6.x86_64
>>

>> I really need a monospaced font.  I am drawing a blank on Google.
>> Any one know how to do this?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>
> Use custom gtkrc:
>
> #v+
> kmitko@ideapad:~$ cat bla
> style "font" {
> font_name="monospace 9"
> }
> widget_class "*" style "font"
> gtk-font-name = "monospace 9"
> kmitko@ideapad:~$ GTK2_RC_FILES=bla zenity --info --text  'www
> iii'
> #v-

Hi Krzysztof,

     This has been driving me crazy for about two year.  Thank you!

-T

$ xx="`su root -c "virsh list --all"`"

$ cp .gtkrc .gtkrc.monospace.12

$ vi .gtkrc.monospace.12
#
style "font" {
font_name="monospace 12"
}
widget_class "*" style "font"
gtk-font-name = "monospace 12"

$ GTK2_RC_FILES=/home/todd/.gtkrc.monospace.12  \
           zenity --info --title="Status" --text "$xx"
0
Todd3275 (92)

help needed with predict function
Hello! I wrote the following code: date=csvread('date.csv'); %the data variable contains 9356 lines and 2 columns %the first column contains the time the measurement took place %the second column contains the measured value a=size(date); y=iddata(date(1:fix(a(1)/2),2)); %i use the 1st half of the data to estimate the model using the ar function mod=ar(y,2); pred=predict(mod,iddata(date(:,2))); %end code Is pred(fix(a(1)/2)+1:end) really the prediction of my second half of data using the model estimated or it's just a simulation of the model? I want to predict the next 100 values...

I need ...
Hi. It is my first post on this list. I can't find (in network) some program (code) writed in assembler (16bit). This program writed some guy who was in army , and had to many free time. Program used bootsector of disc. When somebody forgot your disc from floppy disc , and restart your Pc , that on monitor was a amination (fire), and text: (I don't know exactly )."Idiot !! In floppy disc is a disc " . I remember that in bootsector was jump to last sector of disc where was a program with animation. Sorry for my English , and mistakes. ...

Need Bondi Rev A iMac motherboard swap advice
I just started using our daughter's "hand-me-down" rev A iMac and I am surprised at how well it works with OS X (192 MB RAM, 20 GB HD). However, as you probably know, the graphics chip in the Rev A (Rage IIC) is pretty slow so I started thinking about swapping in a motherboard from a Rev B, C, or D. I had the impression that the Rev A, B, C and D motherboards could be swapped interchangibly, but an ebay seller of an Rev D motherboard stated in his ad that it was only compatible with the Rev B, C or D machines. Can someone enlighten me on this issue? Can later model moth...

MIT licensed Arial and Courier (or very similar) ttf fonts?
I'm working on an open source (MIT licensed) project that generates PDFs. To ensure these are consistent across platforms, we've realized that we need to embed the fonts we use. Not only do we need need to embed these, but including/distributing them as part of the project is also a must. I've spent a fair bit of time searching, with marginal results. I have found some legitimate sites that offer free font downloads, but nothing under terms that will work for us. Any suggestions appreciated, Sincerely, Isak > I'm working on an open source (MIT licensed) project that ...

Data Dictionary Tool Needed
I'm looking for a tool (hopefully inexpensive or freeware) that can accept an XML format and produce an HTML, hyperlinked data dictionary. The content of the XML is class/attribute (or table/column) information. Any ideas out there? Thanks! Quinn ...

need LDA / PCA matlab code and tutorials
hello PCA(principal component analysis) and LDA(linear discriminate analysis) processes are used to reduce dimensionality of a vector. can anyone provide tutorials and matlab code of these techniques. thanks mahesh Have you tried searching online? There is a large amount of high-quality material available for free on the World Wide Web. Try some combination of terms such as: "dicriminant analysis" (note the correct spelling) "source code" MATLAB I have found these search engines to be especially useful: A9 (www.a9.com) AlltheWeb (www.alltheweb.com) Alta Vista (www.alt...

!!!ASSISTANCE NEEDED!!!
Dear Friend, After deliberation with my children, I decided to contact you for your assistance in standing as a beneficiary to the sum of US$15.5M(Fifteen Million,Five hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only). First, let me start by introducing myself as MRS SUSAN SHABANGU, a mother of three children and the Deputy Minister of Minerals and Energy since 1s= t April 1996 to date under the auspices of the President of South Africa MR THABO MBEKI. You can view my profile at my website www.gov.za/profiles/shabangu.htm THE PROPOSAL: After the swearing in ceremony making me the D...

Freeform database needed
I am not sure that "freeform" is the right term, but I need a database that does not use the standard table/record/field structure. I want to be able to just dump stuff into the program - text, images, URLs, etc - and then be able to locate/organize information based on keywords and logical concepts. Can anyone suggest something? -- Peter Aitken Remove the crap from my email address before using. On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:33:34 +0000, Peter Aitken wrote: > I am not sure that "freeform" is the right term, but I need a database > that does not use the...

Do I need TSIG for zone transfer on an intranet env?
is it too much? ACL should do the job? ...

Re: Newbie needs your help! #3
Avinash, I am not total sure why you want a data structure so abnormal as what you desribe. It seems to me that it will provide more trouble than it is worth. However, if you are insistant on such a structure here ya go: data oneb ; if eof then do ; Sex = 'Race' ; Dose1 = . ; Dose2 = . ; output ; end ; set one end = eof ; output ; run ; data three ; set oneb two (rename = (Race = sex)) ; run ; HTH Toby Dunn -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Avinash Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 12:03 PM To: SAS...

models needed
does anyone have a decent model of a laptop and / or docking station suitable for renderings? any help would be greatly appreciated. -mr. brown ...

Need Computer Help?
PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for all your computer problems. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com Gary335 napisal(a): > PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for > all your computer problems. Check us out at > http://pcdude.proboards86.com bleh ... Regards -- A=2EB - http://www.dzialkanadmorzem.pl/ http://www.realestate1.eu campingpl=E4tze in Polen urlaub in polen wetter polen Ostsee Polen dzialkanadmor...@onet.eu wrote: > Gary335 napisal(a): > > PC Dude computer Help...

Administrator Needs Help!!!!!!!!!!! #2
I administor a small isp with about 1000 customers. We have sun ultra 10 300 mhz with 512mb memory. I have solaris 2.6 running, with apache, dns, sendmail, tacacs-plus running also. My problem is that this server gets really slow at times. I think we have too much running on one server. What I need to know is if I can put some of these things, like sendmail and maybe tacacs-plus on another server. I have 3 more sun ultra 10's 300's. My other problem is I only have one domain name for the isp. All mail is routed to this domain name. If I put sendmail on another server, I will h...

Urgent:help needed
Hello All, I am using Fsh,it has Python Dependecy.It uses several moduels from Python.The problem is"Select" module in missing in the list of modules available in python.So I can't import it.But the library file needed for select module ,select.sl is there in the python(I guess).If anyone has come across such problem before,if do help me.Help me in knowing how to import the select module (from python). With Advance Thanks, Prabu.S --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.712 / Virus Database: 468 -...

Immediate Need - Jira or Informatica Admin - Nashville, TN
Hi, I have an urgent opening for Jira or Informatica Admin, kindly send the upd= ated resume ASAP. Job Title: Jira or Informatica Admin Location: Nashville, TN Duration: 12 month+ Job Description: Must Have Skills: JIRA or Informatica ( ETL ) Admin with UNIX Support Servi= ces and Application Support experience Junior to Mid-level Technologist with knowledge of tools shall provide Oper= ational support L1, L2, and evolve to engineering function for WMA shared s= ervice platforms working in concert with WMA IT senior Architects and UBS G= lobal core engineering team suppor...

Pricing Needed
Hi Julie, Please help! I need HP maintenance costs on a C7145RA-DLT Thanks ATS Chris Modenbach Phone: 800-231-5500F2skZGHV * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Help Need on Macro
Hi, I am getting an error in the following code. Please have a look on this code. =20 In data set cluster_stats there are variables with name: clusterP_10 clusterP_20 clusterP_30=20 clusterP_40 clusterP_50 clusterP_60 clusterP_70 clusterP_80.=20 Along with mean_error_clusterP_10 mean_error_clusterP_20 mean_error_clusterP_30 and so on till mean_error_clusterP_80 =20 The objective is, among=20 mean_error_clusterP_10 mean_error_clusterP_20 mean_error_clusterP_30..... till mean_error_clusterP_80 =20 which-ever is minimum (mean_error_clusterP_XX), the corresponding value of variable clu...

needs help
hi friends i m new to this group.i m a student of net working any one can help me.second can we use this foroum for help the people .if u want to help swat victims of pakistan visite www.nfk75.blogspot.com. ...

[News] Stricter Police State in the UK

Need NNSAMPLE Help #2
I'm trying to convert NNSAMPLE to be used for stock price analysis for my qualifier exam. I have a few questions does anyone have any experience with NNSAMPLE that I can ask some questions too? ...

need help with Linksys BEFSR81 router
I need help in setting up remote desktop and remote router administration on the Linksys router. I have done the same on a DLink router, with which I am familiar, but can't seem to do have success on the Linksys. Could you please tell me the best newsgroup or resource to get this information? Thanks. ...

Need help
I'm usinsg Eudora 5.2 sponssored and have the following two problems. First, every once in a while I get a message "Dominant" at the bottom of the screen and cannot receive any messages although I can send them out. After a few ours, the message disappears and I can return to normal. Second, the toolbar up at the very top of the screen which has the two arrows, one to go forward, one to go back, is missing. I don't know how ti get it back. Thanks for any help that can be given. Reva In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows on Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:19:28 GMT reva doz...

Need HELP uninstalling Oracle on my home PC
I signed up for a Oracle/SQL class, started the class then had to drop it because I am taking a MCSE course.... long story short... I followed the directions to uninstall oracle from my home computer but the service for the database I created keeps trying to start. I think this is contributing to some other problems on my PC. Can any one help? Here is examples of events from my event viewer: The OracleServiceMISOTTO service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. The OracleOraHome92TNSListener service failed to start due to the following error:...

Need help running shell commands
I have my perl file set up as 4711 and am running it as root. I simply want to change the path via the perl script: I have tried system('/mypath'); and system "/mypath"; When I set the path in the script, is it only set for the script itself (just for the script's usage)? and thus it wouldn't change the path of the person running the script? Thank you. Quoth john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com (jm): > I have my perl file set up as 4711 and am running it as root. Why? It sounds like you don't know Perl anywhere near well enough yet to be writing scripts to run s...

RE: Preprocessor functionality equivalent ideas needed