Occasional high CPU usage by gvfsd-trash

	I have recently noticed that, when copying stuff from my desktop
to a different system over the NFS, CPU usage in that system skyrockets
while that copying job is taking place (load shooting up to 10 - the
system being a four-core box) with the gvfsd-trash process being at the
top.

	I understand why NFS should use a significant amount of CPU
resources (although it seems to be too much - but that is a different
issue) but - what about gvfsd-trash? According to what I read, it is to
do with managing stuff in the Trash bin for some desktop environments.
Now in the system where gvfsd-trash is shooting up, there is only one
desktop environment running, and its Trash bin is empty and unused.

	Why would gvfsd-trash start using so much in the way of CPU
resources in this scenario? Since I do not use the Trash bin in the
desktop at all (I am and old-fashioned, CLI person) can I just disable
gvfsd-trash? Or even get rid of it completely?
0
James

"James H. Markowitz" <noone@nowhere.net> Wrote in message:
> 	I have recently noticed that, when copying stuff from my desktop
> to a different system over the NFS, CPU usage in that system skyrockets
> while that copying job is taking place (load shooting up to 10 - the
> system being a four-core box) with the gvfsd-trash process being at the
> top.
>
> 	I understand why NFS should use a significant amount of CPU
> resources (although it seems to be too much - but that is a different
> issue) but - what about gvfsd-trash? According to what I read, it is to
> do with managing stuff in the Trash bin for some desktop environments.
> Now in the system where gvfsd-trash is shooting up, there is only one
> desktop environment running, and its Trash bin is empty and unused.
>
> 	Why would gvfsd-trash start using so much in the way of CPU
> resources in this scenario? Since I do not use the Trash bin in the
> desktop at all (I am and old-fashioned, CLI person) can I just disable
> gvfsd-trash? Or even get rid of it completely?

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1512193
dlbendigo