Opinion from CNET.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

From CNET's weekly newsletter:

"Almost every PC user agrees that Microsoft needs to implement
major improvements to the Windows desktop, but when talented
developers are creating great software to fill the gaps, we don't
need Microsoft."

The bad news is, that CNET have dropped their Linux section.

Doug.
--
Registered Linux User No. 277548.
They say lightning never strikes twice in the same place.  My typing is

See related articles to this posting

Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> "Almost every PC user agrees that Microsoft needs to implement

.... i like this one:

"The company (m$) on Thursday confirmed that it had received a
 proposed class-action lawsuit targeting Windows' vulnerability
 to computer viruses, which could trigger "massive cascading
 failures" in global computer networks."

..
--
///    Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer, skydiver,    \\\
 \\\ http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mtobler/mjt_linux_page.html ///

0
Reply mjtobler (725) 10/6/2003 11:25:10 AM
comp.os.linux.misc 33303 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

opinion
I need your opinion about http://www.pyrenepeche.org/battle.html I'm not the author Thanks On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:57:23 +0200, "Rene Sarie" <rene.sarie@wanadoo.fr> vaguely proposed a theory .......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email Then you need to be more specific before I simply take your post and report it as suspicious. If you reply with a reply saying "I am replying because I am real" (exact quote) _WE_ will believe you! Others please just wait! >I need your opinion about >http:// www. pyrenepeche.org/battl...

opinion
I need your opinion about http://www.pyrenepeche.org/battle.html I'm not the author Thanks ...

Your opinion
How much work is involved in writing a good 3D modeller and how long would it take a single developer? ...

Opinion:
O | | O O ...

Opinions
Would like some feedback on laptops. I have a Fujitsu S-4572 and have had it since 2002. Have been very pleased with it. But considering giving it to my daughter and getting a new one. Should I get another Fujitsu or a Dell? Thank you, Pat "pcgr1" <techgr1@yahoo.comj> wrote in message news:grOdncf3TvIXO0Hd4p2dnA@comcast.com... > Would like some feedback on laptops. I have a Fujitsu S-4572 and have had > it since 2002. Have been very pleased with it. But considering giving it > to my daughter and getting a new one. Should I get another Fujitsu or a > Dell...

Your opinion
#define A B #define B A main() { int A=5; float B=6.0; printf("\n %d %f",A,B); printf(" %d %f",B,A); } Take a look at this program. What is the output? Is it implementation dependent? Do you think this question aim's at analising a person's C skills? (It was asked in a Technical skill paper) -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Ravi <me@privacy.net> writes: > #define A B > #define B A Pointless and stupid and effectively a no-op besides. > main() You should declare main() as explicitly returning...

But this is NOT my opinion on that!
I'm in the process of setting up OTRS for my employer (presumably, that should crumble to dust because "Nobody uses CGI.pm !!1) and just got bitten by the following two lines of code (from Defaults.pm): print STDERR "ERROR: Can't read $Self->{Home}/RELEASE: $! This file is needed by central system parts of OTRS, the system will not work without this file.\n"; die; This is an incredibly helpful way to report errors because the message which will land in the Apache error log is -e: Died at /usr/local/otrs//Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm line 2188.\n Stuff lik...

Opinions?
Any thoughts on the Medion MD 41217 Graphics Tablet? I just came across one , and was wondering if anyone had any input. Size is 12x9 inches thanks Bob Bob wrote: > Any thoughts on the Medion MD 41217 Graphics Tablet? > > I just came across one , and was wondering if anyone had any input. > > Size is 12x9 inches > > thanks > > Bob > > Too large. Get a Wacom. -- Comic book sketches and artwork: http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html Comics art for sale: http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html If you have the desk space it's actually a...

Your opinion ?
I'ld like to have your opinion : http://www.pyrenepeche.org/musique.html Thanks Ren� Dnia Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:03:47 +0200, Rene Sarie <rene.sarie@wanadoo.fr> napisa�: > I'ld like to have your opinion : > http://www.pyrenepeche.org/musique.html > > Thanks > > Ren� Quite nice theme. I liked it Jurek -- GG 2362279 http://www.republika.pl/jkulik/ "Jerzy Kulik" <jkulik@go2.pl> wrote in message news:opsbehvdyz05zk42@nn-ryhzqcqhggz0... > Dnia Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:03:47 +0200, Rene Sarie <rene.sarie@wanadoo.fr> > napisa�: > &g...