Opinion from CNET.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

From CNET's weekly newsletter:

"Almost every PC user agrees that Microsoft needs to implement
major improvements to the Windows desktop, but when talented
developers are creating great software to fill the gaps, we don't
need Microsoft."

The bad news is, that CNET have dropped their Linux section.

Doug.
--
Registered Linux User No. 277548.
They say lightning never strikes twice in the same place.  My typing is

See related articles to this posting

Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> "Almost every PC user agrees that Microsoft needs to implement

.... i like this one:

"The company (m$) on Thursday confirmed that it had received a
 proposed class-action lawsuit targeting Windows' vulnerability
 to computer viruses, which could trigger "massive cascading
 failures" in global computer networks."

..
--
///    Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer, skydiver,    \\\
 \\\ http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mtobler/mjt_linux_page.html ///

0
Reply mjtobler (725) 10/6/2003 11:25:10 AM
comp.os.linux.misc 33370 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

opinion
I need your opinion about http://www.pyrenepeche.org/battle.html I'm not the author Thanks On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:57:23 +0200, "Rene Sarie" <rene.sarie@wanadoo.fr> vaguely proposed a theory .......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email Then you need to be more specific before I simply take your post and report it as suspicious. If you reply with a reply saying "I am replying because I am real" (exact quote) _WE_ will believe you! Others please just wait! >I need your opinion about >http:// www. pyrenepeche.org/battl...

opinion
I need your opinion about http://www.pyrenepeche.org/battle.html I'm not the author Thanks ...

in your opinion
Wondering, as a broad comment, do you guys thing c is the best programming language I'm trying to have a vote so I can find out, so if I want to learn it and move towards using it a lot more I will have more consensus / census type info... Thanks, -Robin On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 16:57:46 -0700, Robin wrote: > Wondering, as a broad comment, do you guys thing c is the best > programming language The best for what? On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:57:46 -0700 (PDT), Robin <robin1@cnsp.com> wrote: >Wondering, as a broad comment, do you guys thing c is the best >progra...

Your opinion
How much work is involved in writing a good 3D modeller and how long would it take a single developer? ...

Opinion:
O | | O O ...

Opinions
Would like some feedback on laptops. I have a Fujitsu S-4572 and have had it since 2002. Have been very pleased with it. But considering giving it to my daughter and getting a new one. Should I get another Fujitsu or a Dell? Thank you, Pat "pcgr1" <techgr1@yahoo.comj> wrote in message news:grOdncf3TvIXO0Hd4p2dnA@comcast.com... > Would like some feedback on laptops. I have a Fujitsu S-4572 and have had > it since 2002. Have been very pleased with it. But considering giving it > to my daughter and getting a new one. Should I get another Fujitsu or a > Dell...

Your opinion
#define A B #define B A main() { int A=5; float B=6.0; printf("\n %d %f",A,B); printf(" %d %f",B,A); } Take a look at this program. What is the output? Is it implementation dependent? Do you think this question aim's at analising a person's C skills? (It was asked in a Technical skill paper) -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Ravi <me@privacy.net> writes: > #define A B > #define B A Pointless and stupid and effectively a no-op besides. > main() You should declare main() as explicitly returning...

But this is NOT my opinion on that!
I'm in the process of setting up OTRS for my employer (presumably, that should crumble to dust because "Nobody uses CGI.pm !!1) and just got bitten by the following two lines of code (from Defaults.pm): print STDERR "ERROR: Can't read $Self->{Home}/RELEASE: $! This file is needed by central system parts of OTRS, the system will not work without this file.\n"; die; This is an incredibly helpful way to report errors because the message which will land in the Apache error log is -e: Died at /usr/local/otrs//Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm line 2188.\n Stuff lik...

Opinions?
Any thoughts on the Medion MD 41217 Graphics Tablet? I just came across one , and was wondering if anyone had any input. Size is 12x9 inches thanks Bob Bob wrote: > Any thoughts on the Medion MD 41217 Graphics Tablet? > > I just came across one , and was wondering if anyone had any input. > > Size is 12x9 inches > > thanks > > Bob > > Too large. Get a Wacom. -- Comic book sketches and artwork: http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html Comics art for sale: http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html If you have the desk space it's actually a...

opinions?
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=92 i think the guy here is full of shit personally. seems like a classic case of PEBKAC On Monday 10 July 2006 18:30 Scott W wrote: > http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=92 > > i think the guy here is full of shit personally. seems like a classic > case of PEBKAC It's typical of a lot of Windows bloggers. Note:- - Had to enter admin password to update the system? God help him when Vista comes - and God help all those Windows users today, who have no concept of the term, and habitually "run as root". - 98 updates ready when he first lo...

Your opinion ?
I'ld like to have your opinion : http://www.pyrenepeche.org/musique.html Thanks Ren� Dnia Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:03:47 +0200, Rene Sarie <rene.sarie@wanadoo.fr> napisa�: > I'ld like to have your opinion : > http://www.pyrenepeche.org/musique.html > > Thanks > > Ren� Quite nice theme. I liked it Jurek -- GG 2362279 http://www.republika.pl/jkulik/ "Jerzy Kulik" <jkulik@go2.pl> wrote in message news:opsbehvdyz05zk42@nn-ryhzqcqhggz0... > Dnia Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:03:47 +0200, Rene Sarie <rene.sarie@wanadoo.fr> > napisa�: > &g...

my opinion
The people in this group who post messages simply to say something bad about Commodores, why don't you just get the hell out of this group? Some of us actually own the equipment and know what we're talking about. We like to be able to read the real posts without searching for them. Go away unless you have something useful to say. Gordon Pettey "Gordon Pettey" <petteyg359@swbell.net> wrote in message news:Y7BSb.1810$Ph7.267299044@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > The people in this group who post messages simply to say something bad about > Commodores, why don&#...

Your opinion...
This is what I've told the sales guys and account managers to send to our clients before they submit artwork: "Please follow these guidelines for submitting artwork for print. Any amendments made to supplied artwork will be charged extra at an hourly rate. Always work to design specifications which will be provided by your account manager. We can accept artwork in the following formats: Adobe InDesign Adobe Illustrator Adobe Photoshop QuarkXPress for Mac (must include source files i.e.. Fonts and images) Jpeg Tiff EPS Print-ready PDF All full-colour artwork elements must be in CMY...

In your opinion....
In your opinion(s).... What is ruby better for and why? I am talking mainly about is Ruby better for web based development (i.e. Ruby on Rails)? or other stuff, whether it be scientific, business or technological? Thank you all for your answers. Daniel Lewis. Daniel Lewis wrote: > In your opinion(s).... > > What is ruby better for and why? > I am talking mainly about is Ruby better for web based development > (i.e. Ruby on Rails)? or other stuff, whether it be scientific, > business or technological? > > Thank you all for your answers. > > Daniel Lewis. &...

your opinion on this
Hello, So, I did this website for a client; one part gives users the opportunity to download various documents (generally Word documents) but they have to pay for that. We use micropayments. Upon payment, a script looks up the file name in a database, establishes a url, and the dl begins. I want to protect the directory the downloadable files reside in; obviously an htaccess directive would prevent all access and thence all downloads. So I thought of this: store the files in an htaccess-protected directory, and when it is requested, copy it to a public directory, give it a random name...

opinions
Does anybody have an opinion on HP computers,I'm looking at a d5000t ATX,Intel Q9450 2 Quad processor,3gb DDR2-800 ram,256MB Nvidia 9300,500gb sata hard drive,lightscribe dvd+/r/rw drive,Sound Blaster xtreme audio card,Vista home premium.I only had Dell computers in the past,but this seem like a good configuration price of $800.I'm kind of leery changing from Dell.Thanks "pacca" <tpacc@wi.rr.com> wrote in news:g9f0gf$84o$1@registered.motzarella.org: > Does anybody have an opinion on HP computers,I'm looking at a d5000t > ATX,Intel Q9450 2 Quad processor,3g...

Opinions
I have to replace my old 7-year old scanner and am considering either a Microtek ScanMaker s400 or a Canon CanoScan LiDE70. I would appreciate opinions or recommendations. Thanks! Bill On Wed, 02 May 2007 16:35:52 GMT, Bill Helbron <jw.helbron@verizon.net> wrote: >I have to replace my old 7-year old scanner and am considering either a Microtek >ScanMaker s400 or a Canon CanoScan LiDE70. I would appreciate opinions or >recommendations. Thanks! > >Bill Well, right off, I'd shy away from any scanner that uses a CIS (Contact Image Sensor), like the ...

opinion?
Hello! I am upgrading my computer and would like to have some opinions about the components I am going to install. They are: * Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz Boxed PC400 - Socket PGA478, 128kB cache * PC2700 DDR-DIMM 256MB CL2.5 - Memory 184-P (for DDR-PC333MHz) (AMD OK) * Asus P4S8X-X Motherboard for S478/P-4 - SIS648, ATA/133, ATX, DDR, 8X AGP, Sound Any comments on the different components? Thank you. Streiff wrote: > Hello! > > I am upgrading my computer and would like to have some opinions about > the components I am going to install. They are: > > *...

An opinion
Re: Polls, warez, adfs, small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. All I can really suggest is that old magazine coverdisks and other demos of games are made public domain and that way no one should (in theory, though this might open another can of worms - see later) get pissed off about the piracy aspect of it. That way they can play the demo of the game, people would be more willing, perhaps, to answer a "where can I acquire a demo of such-and-such a game so I can see if it's worth getting". How they get the full price game is immaterial, should not be considered on-topi...

You all have an opinion...
Hi, I'm a programmer (mainly Delphi) and I want to start writing games, and I need you opinion... 1) OpenGL or DirectX or ...? 2) I saw a new feature in 3DStudio, Doom3, and Unreal Engine 3... named Normal mapping, looks amazing... but I didn't see any referance for normal mapping in DirectX 9... do these engines create thier own engine like DirectX/OpenGL? 3) I wrote the tutorials of DirectX and it was hard at the beginning, but I got it... am I gonna work like this all the game development process? 4) Platforms... man, that's a hard question :-) When developers...

Opinions
Hi all, Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do you like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement of a post I made a few weeks ago. http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html Cheers, Richard Mike Terry wrote: > Hi all, Hi. Answered in alt.html. Please do not multi-post. http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost -- -bts -This space intentionally left blank. Thanks, and apologies. Richard "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous@example.invalid> wrote in message news:37ncotF5...

CNET Announces CNET TV; Cox Communications, TiVo Inc., and TVN
CNET Announces CNET TV; Cox Communications, TiVo Inc., and TVN Entertainment Sign on to Launch CNET TV On-Demand; CNET to Bring On-Demand Experience to Its Web site - Apr 17, 2006 08:30 AM (BusinessWire) SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 17, 2006--CNET, a source of information and inspiration for a world gone digital, and a property of CNET Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:CNET), today announced "CNET TV," a new video-on-demand (VOD) service that packages a selection of CNET's popular video content for distribution on television and online. CNET TV will l...

IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X?
IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X? I set up SAMBA on the LInux machine and the MAC (running the very latest OSX) can copy files to the SAMBA share at lightning speeds. When I try and copy files from the LInux machine to the Mac they take an eternity. So slow in fact I have to kill the process . I would appreciate any thoughts on why that maybe and also if there is a better way to share files (I guess HTTP-FTP would be the most sensible option ). navti wrote: > IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and > MAC O...

Opinions on ConTeXt?
I've read an introduction to Context for Latex-users. Context looks really promising. However, I haven't read much about its math capabilities. How well suited is it for mathematical typesetting? Boris Boris <b0risNO@gmxDOTde.SPAM> writes: > I've read an introduction to Context for Latex-users. Context looks > really promising. However, I haven't read much about its math > capabilities. How well suited is it for mathematical typesetting? Supposed to be one of its weaknesses since it does not have amsmath. IIRC, however, there had been some ongoing work on por...