printing using CUPS?

Hi,

    I checked printers supported in CUPS, and found out my printer does not
suppported in CUPS.

    So,I'd like to know unsupported printer from CUPS ,

    1)Should I code new device driver  to get reconnized from CUPS.

    2)serial printer  is also supported from CUPS?

Thanks..

0
rambo88 (82)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 03:40:49 +0900, google-rambo88 typed this message:

> Hi,
>
>     I checked printers supported in CUPS, and found out my printer does
>     not
> suppported in CUPS.
>
>     So,I'd like to know unsupported printer from CUPS ,
>
>     1)Should I code new device driver  to get reconnized from CUPS.
>
>     2)serial printer  is also supported from CUPS?
>

> Thanks..

Dude if you can code your own print driver then do it.  Otherwise pick a
generic printer closest to your make and model.   Sometimes using the
driver of an earlier model of the same manufacturer works.

Serial works you just select serial port for direct connections.
0
noi1 (687)
8/17/2007 6:13:08 AM
noi ance <noi@siam.com> writes:

>On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 03:40:49 +0900, google-rambo88 typed this message:

>> Hi,
>>
>>     I checked printers supported in CUPS, and found out my printer does
>>     not
>> suppported in CUPS.

"printer support in cups" usually means taht there is a ppd file included (
This is a postscript preamble which sets up the printer for the printing)
If your printer is a winprinter then things get more difficult. Ie, it
would have been useful had you actually said which printer.

>>     So,I'd like to know unsupported printer from CUPS ,
>>
>>     1)Should I code new device driver  to get reconnized from CUPS.
>>
>>     2)serial printer  is also supported from CUPS?

serial printer? None have been sold for decades. What printer is this? I
have no idea if cups supports serial printers. It probably could be made to
do so.

>> Thanks..

>Dude if you can code your own print driver then do it.  Otherwise pick a
>generic printer closest to your make and model.   Sometimes using the
>driver of an earlier model of the same manufacturer works.

It sounds like he has the earliest model this manufacturer ever produced.

>Serial works you just select serial port for direct connections.
0
unruh-spam (2990)