Problem with time zone on linux

Problem with time zone on linux. I have a dual processor machine
running with mandrake 10.1. I have some issues with the localtime and
strftime functions in c++. Sometimes it returns the date of the system
in a
GMT format and sometimes in CEST format (that I have configured on the
linux timezone configuration for Spain Time zone).
Any ideas?, Is it possible that when a thread is running the function
takes a format and when the a thread is running in the other processor
takes the other format? The same code is running on single processor
machine and it have not any problem with these functions...
Thanks...