sar disk statistics

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Can anyone out there tell me what I have to install/configure in order
to get %busy, avserv, avque values in the sar -d output?  Been
floundering around with this for days.
Running:
Linux bnyrhdb3 2.4.21-9.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Jan 8 17:08:56 EST 2004 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux
 [vgcwjd@bnyrhdb3 vgcwjd]$ rpm -q "sysstat"
sysstat-5.0.5-5.rhel3
[vgcwjd@bnyrhdb3 vgcwjd]$

Thanks,
Bill

0
Reply wdare_2000 (5) 8/8/2006 3:38:49 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.os.linux.misc 33387 articles. 19 followers. Post

ECP VMSDSK Disk Statistics Dara Record
I am using ECP to collect statistical data for performance tracking and trending. I am currently researching a performance problem with one of the disk drives. My suspicion is that the disk, $1$DGA3:, is over-burdened with activity. In the ECP VMSDSK record there is a field for "Disk utilization". In question is the "Percentage of time disk was busy from perspective of this node." The aforementioned disk is cluster mounted (SAN) and the values for the busy state are 100% for NODE1, 30% for NODE2, and 55% for NODE3. When combined all three nodes never exceed 300%. My ...

sar disk data
We have several servers running version 4.3.3 and we're collecting disk performance data with sar. On some of the servers we have noticed negative values in the sar output for various fields. Does anyone know what may be causing the negative values and/or how to correct this situation? TIA. "Janis K" <janisk@transactiondesign.com> wrote in message news:3Qhob.65169$Tr4.173874@attbi_s03... > We have several servers running version 4.3.3 and we're collecting disk > performance data with sar. On some of the servers we have noticed negative > values in the ...

MONITOR DISK statistics
We use a 2-node distributed OpenVMS (Alpha) cluster. The shared disks are mirrored, so in case of a single-node failure all data is still available. While trying to measure the system throughput we got some (IMHO) strange output from MONITOR DISK. It shows all shared disks three times on each node: - one for local access, - one for remote access via foreign node, - one for 'remote' access via exactly the same node! I am relatively new to VMS, so maybe my opinion is naive, but I really cannot understand why do we get a large bulk of IO going through MSCP server running on exac...

Disk Cache Statistic Reset
Anyone know under what conditions disk cache statistics would be reset on "scf stats disk $*"? We are noticing that some disks are having their statistic reset when this command is issued. We have seen it on both H and J series. Am Montag, 31. M=E4rz 2014 21:26:29 UTC+2 schrieb Janis: > Anyone know under what conditions disk cache statistics would be reset on= "scf stats disk $*"? We are noticing that some disks are having their sta= tistic reset when this command is issued. We have seen it on both H and J = series. Usually the stats are reset when usin...

sar output & hard disk layout
The machine is an x86 with SunOS 5.9. I ran 'sar -d' to monitor disk activity, now I am trying to understand the output. There are some devices like md18 or md20, but also sd2 and sd2,a and similar, all of which seem to be magnetic disks or slices of such. The sar man page instructs me to read 'System Administration Guide: Basic Administration', but I could not find an explanation for the names. Being familiar from other UNIX flavours, I looked for /dev/sd2 or /dev/md18, but can only find /dev/md/[r]dsk, /dev/dsk and entries like /dev/sd128a, all of which are symbolic links...

How to see current hard disk i/o statistics?
Is there a possibility to see the hard disk i/o statistics for each process (like the CPU usage with top(1))? Thanks in advance ...

'sar' disk device names
I am trying to resolve some disk bottle-neck issues and ran 'sar -d'. However, sar references a 'sd012' and I've been trying to find out for hours now how that relates to a device file in /dev/dsk/ . Any help in understanding this would be greatly appreciated!! - Chris Christopher Wagner wrote: > I am trying to resolve some disk bottle-neck issues and ran 'sar -d'. > However, sar references a 'sd012' and I've been trying to find out for > hours now how that relates to a device file in /dev/dsk/ . > > Any help in understandi...

sar -d and how to determine which filesystem using the disk devices?
One can see from the sar -d reports that md1 is at 100% used. But how to determine which filesystem using the disk devices? Thanks. 09:06:04 md0 65 1.8 19 365 32.0 63.0 md1 100 11.4 284 7107 1.4 38.8 md10 52 0.8 10 220 0.0 84.2 md11 100 7.6 169 5260 0.0 45.2 md20 37 0.5 10 145 0.0 45.7 md21 100 5.9 169 5260 0.0 35.0 sd2 100 6.7 ...

"sar -b" monitoring disk usage
Hello everyone. Does anyone know why "sar -b" returns all 0s?? This is the case for most or all of the machine on my school network. I need to use this tool to detect disk throttling during usage. There are other options such as using "sar -d" or "iostat", however, I would rather see "sar -b" run properly. Thanks! -Ji Bae Ji Bae wrote: > Hello everyone. > > Does anyone know why "sar -b" returns all 0s?? This is the case for most or > all of the machine on my school network. I need to use this tool to detect > disk &...

Sar showing large disk activity for 1 second periods
Hi, I've been looking at some sar logs on a couple of machines (RH8) and I keep getting some huge peaks - it looks to me like some sort of bug in sar, but I don't know if anyone has seen this before or not. I did sar -p -d at intervals of 1 second and caught it happening when my await went up to 60M when it is normally about 20. These happen ever hour or so (but not exactly on the hour, and not tallying up with any cron process.) 08:31:41 DEV tps rd_sec/s wr_sec/s avgrq-sz avgqu-sz await svctm %util 08:31:42 cciss/c0d0 3.00 0.00 96.00 32.00 0....

Req: Data disk needed (Statistical Methods for Health Care Professionals by Munro)
Anyone who has the data disk in the book Statistical Methods for Health Care Professionals by Munro, please email me the file inside called survey99.sav. The one I have is corrupted and I need it desparately for my assignment due next week. Lippincott can only mail me a replacement disk in 2-3 weeks. Really appreciate and thank in advance!! Adeln ...

Free
I am getting ready to move and have probably a couple hundred 3.5" disks from my Apple IIgs days way back when. I also have some 5.25" disks as well, although not nearly as many. I cannot verify if the contents of what is on the disks is any good anymore, but I was a "warez pup" back in the days and the 3.5" disks were archives of stuff I had downloaded. I would like to donate these as blanks to whoever wants them. I cannot come to grips with simply throwing them away. All I ask is that I be paid shipping costs in return. If you are interested, please con...

which disks are the internal disks
This is the format output on a Sun T5240, I am trying to figure out which disks are internal and which ones are connected to the SAN, any help will be appreciated # format Searching for disks... The current rpm value 0 is invalid, adjusting it to 3600 The current rpm value 0 is invalid, adjusting it to 3600 done c2t5006016339A041CBd0: configured with capacity of 49.98GB c3t5006016239A041CBd0: configured with capacity of 49.98GB AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c1t2d0 <ATA-Hitachi HTE54505-C70A-465.76GB> /pci@400/pci@0/pci@8/scsi@0/sd@2,0 1. c1t3d0 &l...

Disk to Disk copy
Hi, I have an external hard disk where I backup my files and system backups. Yesterday, I purchased a larger external hard disk and want to transfer everything to the new disk. The only command I have noticed is DISKCOPY which might do this. Will this copy everything from the source disk to destination disk? Will the Vista backup directories and shadow (backup) files be copied too? Is there any other tool (preferably freeware) that will do this for me? Thank you in advance. NJ > > Is there any other tool (preferably freeware) that will do this for me? I think Dri...

disk to disk backup
Dear all, I've got a disk with plenty of data that needs making a backup. Since new hard disks aren't very expansive we decided that we are going to buy another disk (identical ATA disk) and that we will do a backup of data to it. It seems to me that a good starting point would be making a mirror of the current disk to the new one, but what next? It doesn't seem acceptable to mirror the disk every day.. Some kind of differential method would be appropriate. I know that a lot of tools exists that can do such a things with tapes, but it looks like they use tar and other achiving pr...

Which disk for system disk
A quick question regarding system disks: If you had a machine with 2 SCSI disks (one 18GB one 70GB) which would you use as the system disk? Would you put all the software on the 70GB disk, along with the user files? or put the minimum on the system disk and use the larger disk for applications and user files (email etc.) Any ideas? Eddie wrote: > A quick question regarding system disks: > > If you had a machine with 2 SCSI disks (one 18GB one 70GB) > which would you use as the system disk? > > Would you put all the software on the 70GB disk, along with the user > f...

Disks and Disk Drives
I started a new page about Disks and disk drives. If anyone is interested it is at: http://www.s100-manuals.com/Disk-drives.htm It is a work in progress. It includes information gathered from a variety of sources including Herb Johnson. If there are any errors just let me know at randy at s100-manuals dot com. I will be adding info on DPH's etc soon. Randy On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:24:45 -0600, "Randy McLaughlin" <randy@nospam.com> wrote: >I started a new page about Disks and disk drives. If anyone is interested >it is at: > >http://www.s100-manuals...

Coping disk to disk
I use an e-mac with a DVD/CD burner. If I need to copy an intire disk how would I do that? Thank you. In article <2005122216081516807-rleejames@bellsouthnet>, Rlee James <rleejames@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I use an e-mac with a DVD/CD burner. If I need to copy an intire disk > how would I do that? > Thank you. Use Toast. It will make a disk image of your CD and Burn it to a blank CD. Place the CD to be burned in the main window and click copy. Follow the onscreen instructions -- *But what if I'm a figment of MY imagination? Bob in Carmel, CA ...

Disk to disk through network
A little off topic, but basically file transfers Posted before about transferring lots of big files (gigs) between a P3 workhorse & a P4 (with main storage). Both machines are 100Mbps networked and on the same desk, using a kvm switch to manage. So got gig ethernet cards. Thought I'd do some "before" timings using a 1,048 meg file & Explorer. D-Link router in the middle right now. P3 send to P4 2:32 P3 sucks from P4 2:32 P4 sends to P3 6:43 P4 sucks from P3 5:46 Any thoughts? > A little off topic, but basically file transfers > Posted before about ...

why disk Avail < (disk Size
df -H: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ar0s1f 179G 2.6G 162G 2% /usr where is ~15 G ? -santtu On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:40:19 +0200 Santtu Lintervo wrote: > Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on > /dev/ar0s1f 179G 2.6G 162G 2% /usr > where is ~15 G ? tunefs(8) is the key. Note the options -m and -o. Regards Chris Le 30-01-2006, Santtu Lintervo <invalid@invalid.invalid> a écrit : > df -H: > > Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on >...

Random disks in a disk
Hi guys, I saw some codes about generating random points in a disk and I was wondering if you can help with generating N disks (Radius r) inside a circle (Radius R>r) {or inside a square} without an overlap. I would really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance. On Feb 15, 8:23=A0pm, "Amira Barhoumi" <amira.barho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi guys, > > I saw some codes about generating random points in a disk and I was wonde= ring if you can help with generating N disks (Radius r) inside a circle (Ra= dius R>r) {or inside a square} without an overlap. &g...

Disk to Disk copy
Hi, I have an external hard disk where I backup my files and system backups. Yesterday, I purchased a larger external hard disk and want to transfer everything to the new disk. The only command I have noticed is DISKCOPY which might do this. Will this copy everything from the source disk to destination disk? Will the Vista backup directories and shadow (backup) files be copied too? Is there any other tool (preferably freeware) that will do this for me? Thank you in advance. NJ > > Is there any other tool (preferably freeware) that will do this for me? I think Dri...

Best Hard Disks Buy Online, Cost effective Transcend Hard Disks, Best Price External Hard Disks, Imation Hard Disks
Best Hard Disks Buy Online, Cost effective Transcend Hard Disks, Best Price External Hard Disks, Imation Hard Disks Best Hard Disks =96 Smart Shoppers - provides transcend hard disks, external hard disks, imation hard disks, western digital hard disks at reasonable price. Contact: http://www.smartshoppers.in/category/best-hard-disks Customer Support Number: +91 044-45590370 best hard disks transcend hard disks external hard disks imation hard disks western digital hard disks ...