sendmail

I'm having trouble configuring sendmail.  The OS is redhat 9.  I'm not
new to linux.  I'm trying to use the PHP function mail() and it only
sends the mail message to the root user instead of the intended
recipient.  I want it to be forwarded to an exchange 5.5 box (our mail
server).  Any help?  Any good links to sites that might help me?  I
haven't found what i'm looking for at sendmail.org.
Thanks in advance to any help.
0
natasegde (6)

jedge wrote:

> I'm having trouble configuring sendmail.  The OS is redhat 9.  I'm not
> new to linux.  I'm trying to use the PHP function mail() and it only
> sends the mail message to the root user instead of the intended
> recipient.  I want it to be forwarded to an exchange 5.5 box (our mail
> server).  Any help?  Any good links to sites that might help me?  I
> haven't found what i'm looking for at sendmail.org.
> Thanks in advance to any help.

it might help if you provide us with more information. The mail-header and
the mail-logs might be a very good start.
Also try to isolate the problem to see if its a problem with your
php-program or with sendmail (if you use sendmail at all - there are other
mailers also)

peter

--
peter pilsl
pilsl_usenet@goldfisch.at

jedge <natasegde@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble configuring sendmail.  The OS is redhat 9.  I'm not
> new to linux.  I'm trying to use the PHP function mail() and it only

You're not new to Linux?  And, you gave such complete picture too.

> sends the mail message to the root user instead of the intended
> recipient.  I want it to be forwarded to an exchange 5.5 box (our mail
> server).  Any help?  Any good links to sites that might help me?  I
> haven't found what i'm looking for at sendmail.org.
> Thanks in advance to any help.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry@yahoo.ca>
opengeometry (485)
William Park <opengeometry@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:<bop5k5$1hcl7a$2@ID-99293.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> jedge <natasegde@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm having trouble configuring sendmail.  The OS is redhat 9.  I'm not
> > new to linux.  I'm trying to use the PHP function mail() and it only
>
> You're not new to Linux?  And, you gave such complete picture too.
>
> > sends the mail message to the root user instead of the intended
> > recipient.  I want it to be forwarded to an exchange 5.5 box (our mail
> > server).  Any help?  Any good links to sites that might help me?  I
> > haven't found what i'm looking for at sendmail.org.
> > Thanks in advance to any help.

Thanks for insulting me.  Look forward to your help again.  You solved
all my problems.  You are a great resource.
0
natasegde (6)
11/11/2003 6:25:14 PM
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:25:14 -0800, jedge wrote:

> William Park <opengeometry@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:<bop5k5$1hcl7a$2@ID-99293.news.uni-berlin.de>...
>> jedge <natasegde@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm having trouble configuring sendmail.  The OS is redhat 9.  I'm not
>> > new to linux.  I'm trying to use the PHP function mail() and it only
>>
>> You're not new to Linux?  And, you gave such complete picture too.
>>
>> > sends the mail message to the root user instead of the intended
>> > recipient.  I want it to be forwarded to an exchange 5.5 box (our mail
>> > server).  Any help?  Any good links to sites that might help me?  I
>> > haven't found what i'm looking for at sendmail.org.
>> > Thanks in advance to any help.
>
> Thanks for insulting me.  Look forward to your help again.  You solved
> all my problems.  You are a great resource.

Hey, if you want him to not accuse you of being vague, then the best
way to go about it by not being vague...

* What version of sendmail are you using?

* Does the forwarding work when you send e-mail from a remote site
  to the box running sendmail?

* Does the forwarding work when you send e-mail locally from the box
  running sendmail (but not from within PHP)?

* What parameters are you using on the PHP call?

* What do your log files say?

I'm sure I don't know enough to actually give you the solution, but I'd
bet a dollar that providing the above info will go a long way toward
enabling someone else to point you to it.

0
emurphy42 (1226)