Strange problem with puppy linux on Windows 98se

Strange problem with puppy Linux on Windows 98se

I have a old Compaq ep desktop pro.

Here what it does in puppy.
When I either click on the  puppy computer power off button or issue
the power off command from a terminal.  The computer only shutdowns
partially.  It turns off the power supply fan only.   (Note this
computer has a huge heat sink, instead of a CPU fan with a heat sink).
I already have a windows 98se custom boot menu.

Any fix for that?

If not.  How can a disable the power off button and power off command.

I still want to keep the restart button and the reboot command.

Thank You for your help.

Greg Rozelle