f



subtitles in dvdrip

I'm trying to rip a dvd with French dialogue and subtitles
in English, Spanish and German. I've selected Grab all
subtitles in the Settings and the vob files have the
subtitles. But I can't get the transcoding step to output
the subtitles. The Subtitles page in dvdrip says "This title
has no subtitles". I've increased the -H option to 100 but
that hasn't helped. Here is what the log says is the command
executed:

transcode -s 1.255 --progress_rate 25 -R 2 -w 2589,150
--progress_meter 2 -i .../ -y xvid -M 2 --a52_drc_off -x vob
-b 128,0,2 -a 0 -H 100 -o ... -f 30,4 --export_par 118,100

Can anyone help?

0
Bob
11/9/2016 7:31:15 PM
comp.os.linux.misc 33599 articles. 1 followers. amosa69 (78) is leader. Post Follow

3 Replies
592 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 19:31:15 +0000, Bob Tennent wrote:

> I'm trying to rip a dvd with French dialogue and subtitles in English,
> Spanish and German. I've selected Grab all subtitles in the Settings and
> the vob files have the subtitles. But I can't get the transcoding step
> to output the subtitles. The Subtitles page in dvdrip says "This title
> has no subtitles". I've increased the -H option to 100 but that hasn't
> helped. Here is what the log says is the command executed:
> 
> transcode -s 1.255 --progress_rate 25 -R 2 -w 2589,150 --progress_meter
> 2 -i .../ -y xvid -M 2 --a52_drc_off -x vob -b 128,0,2 -a 0 -H 100 -o
> ... -f 30,4 --export_par 118,100
> 
> Can anyone help?

	Must you use dvdrip? I haven't had much success grabbing 
subtitles with dvdrip myself in the past. However, ever since I started 
using Handbrake, grabbing subtitles became a breeze.


0
Harold
11/9/2016 9:31:34 PM
On 2016-11-09 22:31, Harold Johanssen wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 19:31:15 +0000, Bob Tennent wrote:


>> Can anyone help?
> 
> 	Must you use dvdrip? I haven't had much success grabbing 
> subtitles with dvdrip myself in the past. However, ever since I started 
> using Handbrake, grabbing subtitles became a breeze.

Same here.

-- 
Cheers, Carlos.
0
Carlos
11/9/2016 9:40:15 PM
On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 21:31:34 +0000 (UTC), Harold Johanssen wrote:

 >  Must you use dvdrip? I haven't had much success grabbing
 > subtitles with dvdrip myself in the past. However, ever
 > since I started using Handbrake, grabbing subtitles
 > became a breeze.

All I get with HandBrake (on Centos 7) is segfaults.  
0
Bob
11/9/2016 11:39:14 PM
Reply: