Ubuntu && gutenprint && Canon S300

Hello,

I have installed a Ubuntu-Linux and have to use the Canon S-300 printer.

On the Ubuntu there is no driver for the S300.

gutenprint is installed in version 5.0, but the drivers
that are mentioned in the documentation (bjc-s300) is not
contained in the distrubution!

Where to get the driver from?

TIA,
    Oliver
0
oliver389 (123)

Oliver Bandel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed a Ubuntu-Linux and have to use the Canon S-300 printer.
>
> On the Ubuntu there is no driver for the S300.
>
> gutenprint is installed in version 5.0, but the drivers
> that are mentioned in the documentation (bjc-s300) is not
> contained in the distrubution!
>
> Where to get the driver from?
>

> TIA,
>     Oliver
Use Turboprint instead (it's very good), you only need cups installed
TurboPrint: http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

Hope this helps.
0
dieymir (10)