"Unable to authenticate using any of the configured authentication methods?" to Debian

Hi. I just installed Debian v3.1 overnight since I was replacing old
Red Hat Linux 7.1 OS. I installed it cleanly (wiped out everything on a
30 GB HDD). I installed SSH daemon and client from apt-get install.

I cannot ssh (1 and 2) into this box due to these errors:

SSH2 says "Unable to authenticate using any of the configured
authentication methods".

SSH1 says "The server does not support authentication type Password ...
The server supports the following authentications: RSA TIS"

Note this test was just from a Windows box to a Linux box on an Intranet!

How do I make SecureCRT work with this Debian system? I hope I don't
have to upgrade SecureCRT v3.4.8 since I prefer 3.x version (4.x is
bloated to me). I would use PuTTY, but it doesn't have zmodem which only
SecureCRT has. I know I can use SCP, but it doesn't have file transfer
resume availabilty and UI is annoying.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
 "Oh, look what Kyle got me, it's a red Mega... Ants in the pants? Ants
in the pants?! Ants in the Pants?!! ..." --Eric Cartman in South Park's
| |o   o| |        E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
   \ _ /      Nuke ANT from e-mail address if your e-mail was returned.
    ( )
0
ANTant (1370)

In message <NtydnUdujpzFTcjcRVn-sQ@mminternet.net>, ANTant@zimage.com
writes
>Hi. I just installed Debian v3.1 overnight since I was replacing old
>Red Hat Linux 7.1 OS. I installed it cleanly (wiped out everything on a
>30 GB HDD). I installed SSH daemon and client from apt-get install.
>
>I cannot ssh (1 and 2) into this box due to these errors:
>
>SSH2 says "Unable to authenticate using any of the configured
>authentication methods".
>
>SSH1 says "The server does not support authentication type Password ...
>The server supports the following authentications: RSA TIS"

Have a look in /etc/ssh/sshd.conf. There are plenty of comments, and you
should be able to work out how to enable password authentication. Try
man sshd.conf for full details.

>Note this test was just from a Windows box to a Linux box on an Intranet!

If you propose doing it via less secure channels, it's a lot better to
use a public key system and deny passwords.

>How do I make SecureCRT work with this Debian system? I hope I don't
>have to upgrade SecureCRT v3.4.8 since I prefer 3.x version (4.x is
>bloated to me). I would use PuTTY, but it doesn't have zmodem which only
>SecureCRT has. I know I can use SCP, but it doesn't have file transfer
>resume availabilty and UI is annoying.

Can't help you there.
--
Joe
0
In article <NtydnUdujpzFTcjcRVn-sQ@mminternet.net>,  <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
>Hi. I just installed Debian v3.1 overnight since I was replacing old
>Red Hat Linux 7.1 OS. I installed it cleanly (wiped out everything on a
>30 GB HDD). I installed SSH daemon and client from apt-get install.
>
>I cannot ssh (1 and 2) into this box due to these errors:
>
>SSH2 says "Unable to authenticate using any of the configured
>authentication methods".

You may need to enable keyboard-interactive authentication in SecureCRT
or PasswordAuthentication on the server (but beware that the latter will
*not* use PAM on Debian's current version of sshd).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.
Darren Tucker <dtucker@dodgy.net.au> wrote:
> In article <NtydnUdujpzFTcjcRVn-sQ@mminternet.net>,  <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
> >Hi. I just installed Debian v3.1 overnight since I was replacing old
> >Red Hat Linux 7.1 OS. I installed it cleanly (wiped out everything on a
> >30 GB HDD). I installed SSH daemon and client from apt-get install.
> >
> >I cannot ssh (1 and 2) into this box due to these errors:
> >
> >SSH2 says "Unable to authenticate using any of the configured
> >authentication methods".

> You may need to enable keyboard-interactive authentication in SecureCRT
> or PasswordAuthentication on the server (but beware that the latter will
> *not* use PAM on Debian's current version of sshd).

I set "yes" for PasswordAuthentication line. It didn't seem to help.

Is keyboard-interactive authentication the one where you enter the password
manually in SecureCRT's log in prompt? If so, then that is what I was
doing.

Sorry if I sound like a newbie. I am since PAM and other stuff are
over my head. I am just a user from Red Hat days. I don't even know what
PAM does or if that is any use for home usage. :)
--
 "Oh, look what Kyle got me, it's a red Mega... Ants in the pants? Ants
in the pants?! Ants in the Pants?!! ..." --Eric Cartman in South Park's
                                   Damien Episode (Season 1; Episode 8)
  /\___/\
 / /\ /\ \       Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |        E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
   \ _ /      Nuke ANT from e-mail address if your e-mail was returned.
    ( )
0
ANTant (1370)
9/26/2004 4:29:19 AM
Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
> In message <NtydnUdujpzFTcjcRVn-sQ@mminternet.net>, ANTant@zimage.com
> writes
> >Hi. I just installed Debian v3.1 overnight since I was replacing old
> >Red Hat Linux 7.1 OS. I installed it cleanly (wiped out everything on a
> >30 GB HDD). I installed SSH daemon and client from apt-get install.
> >
> >I cannot ssh (1 and 2) into this box due to these errors:
> >
> >SSH2 says "Unable to authenticate using any of the configured
> >authentication methods".
> >
> >SSH1 says "The server does not support authentication type Password ...
> >The server supports the following authentications: RSA TIS"
> >
> Have a look in /etc/ssh/sshd.conf. There are plenty of comments, and you
> should be able to work out how to enable password authentication. Try
> man sshd.conf for full details.

I changed no to yes for "PasswordAuthentication" and saved it, but that
didn't seem to do anything.

man sshd.conf came up "no manual entry for sshd.conf". sshd works, but
I see nothing related to your suggestion. :(

> >Note this test was just from a Windows box to a Linux box on an Intranet!

> If you propose doing it via less secure channels, it's a lot better to
> use a public key system and deny passwords.

How does that work? I use the same computers (e.g., office and friends'
servers) when I use ssh client (command, PuTTY, SecureCRT 3.x, etc.). I
always typed in my username and password in encrypted format.

> >How do I make SecureCRT work with this Debian system? I hope I don't
> >have to upgrade SecureCRT v3.4.8 since I prefer 3.x version (4.x is
> >bloated to me). I would use PuTTY, but it doesn't have zmodem which only
> >SecureCRT has. I know I can use SCP, but it doesn't have file transfer
> >resume availabilty and UI is annoying.
> >
> Can't help you there.

OK.
--
 "Oh, look what Kyle got me, it's a red Mega... Ants in the pants? Ants
in the pants?! Ants in the Pants?!! ..." --Eric Cartman in South Park's
                                   Damien Episode (Season 1; Episode 8)
  /\___/\
 / /\ /\ \       Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |        E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
   \ _ /      Nuke ANT from e-mail address if your e-mail was returned.
    ( )
0
ANTant (1370)
9/26/2004 4:39:08 AM
In article <LLudnS0OO6oC2MvcRVn-gA@mminternet.net>, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

>> You may need to enable keyboard-interactive authentication in SecureCRT
>> or PasswordAuthentication on the server (but beware that the latter will
>> *not* use PAM on Debian's current version of sshd).
>
>I set "yes" for PasswordAuthentication line. It didn't seem to help.

>Sorry if I sound like a newbie. I am since PAM and other stuff are
>over my head. I am just a user from Red Hat days. I don't even know what
>PAM does or if that is any use for home usage. :)

You can do without PAM.
PAM has been in Red Hat since about 5.0, 1998, from memory.

If this is reachable from the Internet accepting passwords
as the sole authenticator may be a problem - someone might
guess it.

--
Elvis Notargiacomo  master AT barefaced DOT cheek
http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/

0
elvis (124)
9/26/2004 9:12:54 AM
In article <TcKdneD1eopx2svcRVn-gw@mminternet.net>, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

>I changed no to yes for "PasswordAuthentication" and saved it, but that
>didn't seem to do anything.

And restarted sshd ?

--
Elvis Notargiacomo  master AT barefaced DOT cheek
http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/
    7.031: OnACPower returned value( 0x1 ) which is Equal To 0x1
0
elvis (124)
9/26/2004 9:14:15 AM
all mail refused <elvis@notatla.org.uk> wrote:
> In article <TcKdneD1eopx2svcRVn-gw@mminternet.net>, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

> >I changed no to yes for "PasswordAuthentication" and saved it, but that
> >didn't seem to do anything.

> And restarted sshd ?

How do I do that? In Red Hat, I think I used services command but it
appears that Debian doesn't have this command. Again, I am new to Debian.
--
     "If ants had nuclear weapons, they would probably end the world in
   a week." --Journey to the Ants, page 59. Bert Holldobler & Edward O.
 / /\ /\ \       Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx & http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |        E-mail: philpi@earthlink.netANT or ANTant@zimage.com
   \ _ /      Nuke ANT from e-mail address if your e-mail was returned.
    ( )
0
ANTant (1370)

When to use "." and when to use "!"
I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains it properly. I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 about VB and so on. It's telling me about how to refer to a specific database and has the example:- Dim dbMyDb As DAO.Database Set dbMyDb = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) but, but, but, but - what do those dots (periods, full stops, call them what you will) mean? (OK, it appears to be the same usage as C/C++/Java when referring to class/structure members, but I wish it would tell me that somewhere) Why are there dots used in referring to object members in this case but when referring to controls on forms (for example) one uses "!". Surely there must be somewhere that helps one understand this basic syntax. -- Chris Green Generally, a dot exposes properties and methods and a bang (!) exposes members of a collection. So forms!frmMyForm.Visible refers to the visible property of frmMyForm, which is a member of the forms collection. What makes this harder (or easier, depending on your perspective) to grasp, is that Access has gotten more and more forgiving about using the "wrong" notation. usenet@isbd.co.uk wrote in news:44316bba.0@entanet: > I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains > it properly. > > I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 > about VB and so on....

Any good books on "Linux Socket prog", also on "Linux Network prog"?
Guys: Any good books on "Linux Socket programming", also on "Linux Network programming"?. Any valuable on-line tutorials. Appreciated. GS wrote: > Guys: > > Any good books on "Linux Socket programming", also on "Linux Network > programming"?. Any valuable on-line tutorials. Appreciated. I have never seen one, but since sockets on Linux are basically standard BSD or Unix sockets, try searching for "Unix socket programming" or "Berkeley socket programming". -- Phil Frisbie, Jr. Hawk Software http://www.hawksoft.com Does "Unix socket programming" by Richard Stevens book can be used for Linux socket programming too?. Thanks. Especially looking for beginner who wants to enter into Linux programming (Network side), looking for some books which tells basics Especially looking for beginner who wants to enter into Linux programming (Network side), looking for some books which tells basics GS wrote: > Especially looking for beginner who wants to enter into Linux > programming (Network side), looking for some books which tells basics > I don't want to put a dampener on your enthusiasm, but if you are wanting to do it properly the POSIX way, I wouldn't even consider it unless you are comfortable programming 'C' at the level of understanding how pointers work. You could always consider Java - piece of cake in Java! Steve Is there any on-line text books availa...

Changing, "FindFirst" to using the, "Seek" Method?
I ran a MS Access Analyzer program that suggested changing, "rst.FindFirst strcriteria" to using the, "Seek" instead. I tried making the change. I get a Compile error that says, "Argument is not optional". Does anyone have any ideas on how I should change the FindFirst to using Seek the method? "Seek" is limited to use on Tables in the opened Database. It cannot be used on Linked Tables. And, in many, many cases, using a Query with Criteria to limit the Records returned to just those that are needed is preferrable to using either .Seek or .Find. Chances are high that would boost performance even more. ..Seek and .Find are used to locate to a specific record, but not to navigate sequentially through a recordset. The .Find and .Move methods work with either local or Linked Tables, and make it easy to navigate sequentially through a recordset. Using criteria in a Query should be the first thing you investigate. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "jphelan" <jphelan2000@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1107816990.162000.202440@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > > I ran a MS Access Analyzer program that suggested changing, > "rst.FindFirst strcriteria" to using the, "Seek" instead. I > tried making the change. I get a Compile error that says, "Argument > is not optional". Does anyone have any ideas on how I should change > the FindFirst to using Seek the method? &...

about "++" and "--"

Failed Authentication, Status "Unsupported Authentication Algorithm"
Hi, I have a Cisco Aironet 350 Series Access Point (version 11.07) on a customer site. The customer is using this with HP WL500 wireless LAN PCI cards (802.11a/b/g). The cards associate/authenticate with the access point succesfully and the users can all access network resources as expected. They have no complaints! However every time any machine is switched on, I am getting the following from the access point: 9 days, 15:18:52 Info Station [10.3.2.142]0020e091248b Associated 9 days, 15:18:52 Info Station [10.3.2.142]0020e091248b Authenticated 9 days, 15:18:52 Warning Station [10.3.2.14...

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By chance I created a small program as follows: =========== s : string := "CAT"; procedure modify ( s1 : out string ) is begin s1(2) := 'U'; end modify; ... put ( modify(s) ); =========== now I get as a result "CUT", and i dont understand why i get this result. Doesnt the "out" specify that its initial value isnt passed in via the parameter? But it seems to be passed in the above. In fact the "out" is acting like an "in out". I am a little confused. Could someone shed some light on this? Many thanks! zork "zork" <zork@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4104d5de@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi i found the following explaination: > > In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are > effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. > Ada "in out&q...

"Heroes" again, or "Linux in the Wild" or "Linux on TV", this time with screenshots
Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 Linux in the wild. What more proof do you need? later... -- JDS | jeffrey@go.away.com | http://www.newtnotes.com DJMBS | http://newtnotes.com/doctor-jeff-master-brainsurgeon/ JDS wrote: > Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the > KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" > > http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 ...

Unable to Use the "Find" Option in "Help" Topics
List: I've just discovered that when I bring up "Help" topics, in Eudora version 7.1.0.9 and choose the "Find" tab, the "Find Setup Wizard" dialog box appears, but when I click on "next", then "Finish", I get a dialog box that states: "Unable to display the Find Tab (177)" Can anyone help? TIA! On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 19:20:38 -0600, Robert E. Yorke wrote: > I've just discovered that when I bring up "Help" topics, in Eudora > version 7.1.0.9 and choose the "Find" tab, the "Find Setu...

"Last successful authentication" always set to "never"

Win7: "almost a dream OS", Linux: "WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!!"
"It's nicer than Vista, faster than XP -- almost a dream OS." http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9136192/Windows_7_How_low_can_you_go_?taxonomyId=89&pageNumber=3 "Of importance in the spec was 8GB RAM and I speced a NVidia 8600 GTS graphics card .... WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!! Since then ... I�ve installed various flavors of Linux and continually had lockups/hard freezes (No Num Lock or Caps lock... and you can�t ping the machine). Flavors of Linux that I tried were Ubuntu (7.04 64bit, 7.10 32bit and 64bit, 8.04 Alpha4 64bit), Debian Etch 64bit, Debian Lenny 64bit. All experienced random lockups." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=60 Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > Notice the latest FUD from the Linux community. Sounds the same as the earlier FUD from the Linux "community". > Windows 7 = Vista = no improvements while Ubuntu has gone > through xxyy versions since then. And they're now on the 12th unfinished release of Fedora crapware. > Yea, what they don't tell you is that Ubuntu has actually gotten > *worse* with each new release. > > The Ubuntu forums clearly show this. Yep. The Jaunty Crapalope freezing thread now has nearly 600 posts. 1/3 of the victims polled had install or upgrade problems they were unable to fix. sniff, sniff... Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Dep...

Invalid use of "." "!"
In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? Thanks Never mind..... didnt have enough quotation marks. "Learning" <texson552000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:DQELg.10308$o42.364@tornado.texas.rr.com... > In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... > this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers > to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed > first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am > getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. > > How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? > > Thanks > > ...

when should one use "and" and "or"
Hi All, just got hit w the ff > case > when x==1 or x==2 > print "yeoh!" > end SyntaxError: compile error (irb):17: syntax error, unexpected kOR, expecting kTHEN or ':' or '\n' or ';' when x==1 or x==2 ^ "or" and "and" both exhibit the behaviour in ruby1.8/1.9. workaround 1 put parens around the condition (not again) 2 replace or/and with ||/&& i believe there are other similar quirks when using "and/or".. has ruby relegated the use of "and/or"....? best regards -botp On Feb 4, 9:55=A0pm, botp <botp...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > just got hit w the ff > > > case > > when x=3D=3D1 or x=3D=3D2 > > =A0 print "yeoh!" > > end x =3D 5 =3D=3D>5 case x when 2,3 p 'no' when 4,5 p 'yes' end "yes" =3D=3D>nil On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:45 PM, w_a_x_man <w_a_x_man@yahoo.com> wrote: #> x =3D 5 #> =A0 =A0=3D=3D>5 #> case x #> =A0when 2,3 #> =A0 =A0p 'no' #> =A0when 4,5 #> =A0 =A0p 'yes' #> end of course i know that ;-) im talking about the second type of "case", eg > case > when x.baz and y.foo .... best regards -botp botp wrote: > i believe there are other similar quirks when using "and/or".. > has ruby relegated the use ...

Use "range," not "for"?
Thanks to everyone who suggested ways to get a proc to recognize all variables in the global scope--here's why I wanted to know. (Maybe someone has done this better already--if so, don't hesitate to let me know!) I've found that a simple "foreach" loop fairly often won't do the jobs I want done, and I need to use "for"--ugh! Well, I recently read at least part of a book about Python. It didn't look like an improvement over Tcl for the most part, but it has at least a few good features, one of which is the "range" expression. I thought a "range" procedure in Tcl might be a good substitute for the clumsy "for." So, here's my first effort. Instead of writing this: for {set i 1} {$i<= 10} {incr i} {puts "$i. \"for\" is ugly!"} you can write this: range i 1 to 10 {puts "$i. \"range\" is beautiful!"} Or, if you have a list called "lum," instead of writing this: for {set i 0} {$i < [llength $lum]} {incr i} {puts [lindex $lum $i]} you can write this: range i 0 no [llength $lum] {puts [lindex $lum $i]} To go backward, skipping every other number, instead of this: for {set i 10} {$i >= 0} {incr i -2} {puts $i} you can write this: range i 10 to 0 -2 {puts $i} The usage is pretty obvious: "range var start cutoff end ?incr? body." In other words, (1) the word "range"; (2) a vari...

Using "fsolve": How to control iteration using "residuals" and "norm of step"??
Hello Everyone, I am using fsolve to solve a system of linear equations and it&#8217;s working fine. However, I have a coupe of issues: (i) Even when the solution (alpha) converges, I am getting the message to choose a new point. I am guessing that it has to do with &#8220;norm of step&#8221; as probably the code is trying a smaller step. I am using option like this: options = optimset('Jacobian','on', 'algorithm', 'Levenberg-Marquardt','Display','iter-detailed', 'MaxFunEvals', 10000, 'MaxIter', 10000,'TolX'...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

"Authentication failed" error using paramiko
I am using this code to connect to a windows machine using paramiko, I have installed sshd on the machine and it works properly: sock.connect((hostname, port)) t = paramiko.Transport(sock) event = threading.Event() t.start_client(event) event.wait() if not t.is_active(): print 'SSH negotiation failed.' sys.exit(1) else: print "SSH negotiation sucessful" event.clear() t.auth_password(username=username, password=password,event=event) if not t.is_authenticated(): print "Authentication failed" output: SSH ...

Using "frame -container" and "-use" on Aqua
Hello Tclers, When using Tk 8.5.8 on Aqua, it is not possible to use "-use" to embed a window in a container frame that belongs to another process. X11 does not have this limitation. Is this a missing feature in Tk, or is it a limitation of Aqua or the Carbon framework? Keith. On 5/20/10 7:00 AM, Keith Nash wrote: > Hello Tclers, > > When using Tk 8.5.8 on Aqua, it is not possible to use "-use" to embed a > window in a container frame that belongs to another process. X11 does not > have this limitation. Is this a missing feature in Tk...

"Real OS" vs. "Toy OS"
Over in the 'Best thing about Linux' thread, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote: > Amazing what using a real OS instead of a toy can do. Given that this opinion is shared by most or all of you Linux weirdos, it must burn you to no end that a "toy" OS (WindowsXP): * can sell 200,000,000 copies - but you have to crow for months when Munich Germany installs just 14,000 * that nearly every PC vendor in the world offers it pre-loaded - but when you ask about Linux over the phone you're met with "Lin what?" or silence or sometimes a click and then silence. * that you're forced to copy the features in the "toy" OS - to lend Linux a veneer of badly needed usability and respectability * that _your_ OS is considered "alternative" - almost like it's an odd subculture * that Linux is often considered a free Windows clone * that Linux apps really are, or try to be, clones of Windows apps * that modern Linux distros often run slower than Windows on the same machine No wonder you're all so hostile and humorless. On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:45:28 -0400, DFS wrote: > Over in the 'Best thing about Linux' thread, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote: > > >> Amazing what using a real OS instead of a toy can do. > > > Given that this opinion is shared by most or all of you Linux weirdos, it > must burn you to no end that a "toy" OS (WindowsXP): > > * can sell 200,000,000 copies - but you ha...

"X11 connection uses different authentication protocol"
I am trying to run a remote application over ssh tunneling. Everything works except for ONE application. I can execute xterms, xclock but when I try to execute "xelga" a mentor graphics application I get an error: "X11 connection uses different authentication protocol" debug3: fd 8 is O_NONBLOCK debug1: channel 1: new [x11] debug1: confirm x11 debug2: X11 connection uses different authentication protocol. X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication. debug2: X11 rejected 1 i0/o0 debug2: channel 1: read failed debug2: channel 1: close_read debug2: channel 1: input open -> drain debug2: channel 1: ibuf empty All other mentor graphics applications work. Anyone with any insight have any ideas? Has anyone ever seen this error specific to specialized applications? or any applications in general? >>>>> "RS" == Robert sonne <Robert.sonne@gmail.com> writes: RS> I am trying to run a remote application over ssh tunneling. RS> Everything works except for ONE application. I can execute RS> xterms, xclock but when I try to execute "xelga" a mentor graphics RS> application I get an error: RS> "X11 connection uses different authentication protocol" RS> debug3: fd 8 is O_NONBLOCK debug1: channel 1: new [x11] debug1: RS> confirm x11 debug2: X11 connection uses different authentication RS> protocol. X11 connection rejected because of wrong ...

*tuple vs tuple example print os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.tmpnam()),*("a","b","c"))
I have been trying to find documentation on the behavior Can anyone tell me why the first example works and the second doesn't and where I can read about it in the language reference? Steve print os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.tmpnam()),*("a","b","c")) #works OUTPUT:/var/tmp/a/b/c and print os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.tmpnam()),("a","b","c")) # doesn't OUTPUT:Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/pyth...

problem configuring network ("host" works, "ping" doesn't)
Hi, I just downloaded and installed my very first OpenSolaris... and have problems with the very basic things like configuring network. Overall, connectivity works, I can ping remote hosts using IP addresses. Trying to ping using hostname (i.e. ping opensolaris.org) doesn't work - ping says that the host is unknown. On the other hand, "host opensolaris.org" returns a correct IP address - which proves that DNS is set OK in /etc/resolv.conf. What did I miss? I noticed I had to correct /etc/nsswitch.conf (to use dns for hosts), but other than that, I've no idea what I'm...

Strange behavior of "use if" (a conditional "use" with the if module)
I have a program with this line of code: use if( $Config{'osname'} =~ /Win/ ), 'Win32::Process::Info'; Perl complains: Too few arguments to `use if' (some code returning an empty list in list context?) at ... However, if I change the regex operator to !~ then Perl is quite happy (the only change is replacing the equals with a bang). Does anyone know why Perl is unhappy with =~ in my "use if" statement thanks! * David Filmer wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc: >I have a program with this line of code: > > use if( $Config{'osname'} =~ /Win/ ), 'Win32::Process::Info'; > >Perl complains: > >Too few arguments to `use if' (some code returning an empty list in list context?) at ... If your osname actually matches /Win/ then you probably forgot to load Config.pm. Otherwise, the expression returns an empty list, so there are no arguments passed, just like the error message says. Use something like `scalar($Config{'osname'} =~ /Win/)` to force a scalar context. -- Bj�rn H�hrmann � mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de � http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de Am Badedeich 7 � Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 � http://www.bjoernsworld.de 25899 Dageb�ll � PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 � http://www.websitedev.de/ Quoth David Filmer <usenet@davidfilmer.com>: > I have a program with this line of code: > > use if( $Config{'osname'} =~ /Win/ ), 'Win32::Process::Info'...

Web resources about - "Unable to authenticate using any of the configured authentication methods?" to Debian - comp.os.linux.networking

New Tools to Optimize App Authentication
At f8, we announced a redesigned Auth Dialog and a new authentication flow to give developers more control over people’s first experience with ...

Facebook Tells Some Developers They Have 48 Hours to Fix Authentication Data Leaks
... sent an email to what it calls a “very small percentage of the developer community” informing them their apps are suspected of leaking authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Two-factor authentication: double or nothing
An extra layer of security keeps hackers at bay.