broadcomm nic card driver installation on linux 6.2 with 2.2.22 kernel

Dear All,
We are installing linux 6.2 on HP XW 4300, unable to install the driver
for bcm5752 pci-e nic card kindly suggest how to go about this.
Pls provide us some hints to resolve this issue.
We had check the internet for driver no luck-- updated gcc --updated
kernel 2.2.24 --no luck while compling (make) we get syntax error
Gcc version 3.3.6
Pls request ur help.
Sham.

Hi all !

shamsingh1@gmail.com wrote:

> We are installing linux 6.2 on HP XW 4300, unable to install the driver
> for bcm5752 pci-e nic card kindly suggest how to go about this.
> Pls provide us some hints to resolve this issue.
> We had check the internet for driver no luck-- updated gcc --updated
> kernel 2.2.24 --no luck while compling (make) we get syntax error
> Gcc version 3.3.6

[linux 6.2 -- which distri ?]

What distri of linux your refering to ? Redhat ? SuSE ? Another one ?

[back port of existing drivers for more recent kernels]

There might be no drivers available for kernel 2.2.x for your bcm5752.
As far as I could see there are drivers for 2.4.31 and 2.6.12.

You could back port e.g. the 2.4.31 driver into 2.2.14. Probably that's
what you already tried to do ...

If yes, what error is issued ?

All in all back porting might become a nightmare because with more
recent kernels internal structure might have changed (especially from
major kernel releases like 2.2 to 2.4 or 2.6 ...).

[Upgrade to more recent distri]

Your NIC card seems to be pretty new ...

One idea -- besides back porting the 2.4.31/2.6.12 driver to 2.2.14 --
could be to upgrade to an more recent distri ...

Sorry, that might be no real help ...
--
Never give up !

Best regards,
Reinhard.
0
reinhard (22)
10/30/2005 8:57:41 AM
In comp.os.linux.networking shamsingh1@gmail.com:
> Dear All,
> We are installing linux 6.2 on HP XW 4300, unable to install the driver
> for bcm5752 pci-e nic card kindly suggest how to go about this.
> Pls provide us some hints to resolve this issue.
> We had check the internet for driver no luck-- updated gcc --updated
> kernel 2.2.24 --no luck while compling (make) we get syntax error
> Gcc version 3.3.6
> Pls request ur help.

Multi-posting is antisocial.

If you are going to ask the same question in more than one
newsgroup, crosspost. You conserve resources on NNTP servers, and
other readers see the follow up answers and do not have to
provide the same answer.

It makes it much harder to keep track of a discussion. Also, once
a reader has "read" a message in one group, they do not have to
see it again unless someone has provided a follow up.

To crosspost, just add a comma and the other newsgroup(s). If
you do cross post, do not get carried away. Pick suitable groups.

Example: for a scanner
linux.redhat.install,comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners

See http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html for more
info.

Good luck

#bofh excuse 64: CPU needs recalibration
0
USENET22 (5551)
10/30/2005 9:24:33 AM
On 30 Oct 2005 01:27:20 -0700, shamsingh1@gmail.com
  <shamsingh1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> We are installing linux 6.2 on HP XW 4300, unable to install the driver
> for bcm5752 pci-e nic card kindly suggest how to go about this.
> Pls provide us some hints to resolve this issue.

If you mean Redhat 6.2, that is ancient history.  Try Fedora Core 4, or
Ubuntu or Debian Sarge.

--
Next, upon a stool, we've a sight to make you drool.
Seven virgins and a mule, keep it cool, keep it cool.
shamsingh1@gmail.com wrote:
> Dear All,
> We are installing linux 6.2 on HP XW 4300, unable to install the driver
> for bcm5752 pci-e nic card kindly suggest how to go about this.
> Pls provide us some hints to resolve this issue.
> We had check the internet for driver no luck-- updated gcc --updated
> kernel 2.2.24 --no luck while compling (make) we get syntax error
> Gcc version 3.3.6
> Pls request ur help.
> Sham.

I think if I had this problem I would add another pci nic and use that.

--
Leo in Canada:
A computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.

Leo (Bing) Whiteway wrote:

> I think if I had this problem I would add another pci nic and use that.

Of course one of various options ...
--
Never give up !

Best regards,
Reinhard.
0
reinhard (22)

Performance of NFS much lower on Linux kernel 2.6.17 then on Linux kernel 2.6.3?
Maybe somebody can help me with this problem: I export several directories from a Novell server and mount them on a Linux machine to have some remote backup and storage facilities. A few years back I have installed a Mandrake 10.0 box with kernel 2.6.3 and after some tinkering the NFS performance was about 3.5 MByte/s on a 100 Mbps full duplex interface card. The FTP performance to and from that same Mandrake box was about 7 MByte/s. This year I upgraded my hardware and I installed Mandriva 2006 using kernel 2.12.12 on the Linux machine. Using exactly the same mount options I get...

[News] Speech Recognition Software/SDK for Linux (2.2, 2.4, 2.6 Kernel)
Fonix Releases Linux-Supported Automatic Speech Recognition Technology ,----[ Quote ] | "The end result is an SDK with considerably higher rates of speech | recognition and greater usability as a language learning tool." `---- http://in.sys-con.com/read/280838_p.htm ...

need to migrate from Linux 2.4 to Linux 2.6 kernel, direct replacement of kernel image is Ok?
Currently using one of the leading Embedded Distribution on MIPS core based processor, this Linux is 2.4.20 Kernel, some customers also doing trails with this platform, but some new customers are interested with 2.6 kernel version, can we download 2.6 kernel version from kernel.org and make necessary changes whatever did for 2.4 and replace old kernel file "vmliux.gz.img" with new image, will it be Ok?, not sure how IP address conversion and all migrate, current 2.4 load, we are using dnsmasq package as DHCP/DNS server, which assignes 4 byte IP address on LAN side, any chang...

different maximum Java -Xmx on kernel 2.6.9 (RedHat 4 update 2) and 2.6.22 (CentOS 5.2)
Hi, I recently upgraded a 32bit RedHat 4 machine (with 4GB RAM) with kernel 2.6.9 to CentOS 5.2 32bit. When it was still on RedHat I was able to run a Java application with the -Xmx3500m flag. However on CentOS with kernel 2.6.22 (PAE), it does not allow me to reserve more than -Xmx2622m even though 'free' shows that there is enough memory available: # free total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 4074980 161636 3913344 0 13740 117696 -/+ buffers/cache: 30200 4044780 Swap: 2031608...

how to upgrade from linux 2.4 to 2.6? and RamDisk #2
how to upgrade from linux kernel 2.4 to 2.6 on arm? and how to build RamDisk? ...

Oracle Warehouse Builder 9.2.0.2.8 and Workflow 2.6.2 on linux
Hi there, I downloaded OWB_9.2.0.2.8_linux.tar.gz from here: http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/warehouse/index.html In the above download I found OWB installation documentation. In the OWB installation documentation, I see evidence that Oracle Warehouse Builder (runtime portion) makes use of "Oracle Workflow". It does not mention a version though. It does say that Workflow is neccessary. The documentation for Workflow was easy to find here: http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.docindex?remark=homepage#index-WOR I'm not sure where to find the Workflow software though. ...

[wx 2.6.3, GTK+2 (Linux), gcc-3.2.2] wxTextCtrl causing segfault
Hello, I am appending large amounts of text to a non-editable multiline wxTextCtrl, on wxGTK 2.6.3. The text is broken up into 40K chunks, which are actually appended in 1K subchunks. I am only able to append between 0 and 5 of these 40K chunks before I get a segmentation fault, with the following stack trace. Although the segfault does not actually occur in the TextCtrl::Append call, it only happens when I am appending text, and my rather uninformed inspection of the stack trace indicates that something is going on in the gtk_text_view that underlies the wxTextCtrl...

Debian Question: linux-image-2.6...-k7 vs. linux-image-2.6...-amd64
Hello, I am currently running linux-image-2.6.18-4-k7 on my old ASUS K8V SE Deluxe machine with an Athlon 64 3200+ 754 CPU (single core), 1 GB of RAM, etc. (http://alpha.zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/computers.txt for my secondary computer specifications). It runs Debian r4 and acts a workstation (no gaming) like surfing the Web, using e-mails, using newsgroups (Tin and Pan), IMs, IRC, some compilings (nothing major), download a lot, SSH from outside like at work, watch videos (online and locally) and DVDs, VMware v5.5.4 to test and use things, etc. I was wondering if I would get any ...

NTP with linux kernel 2.6.9 vs. kernel 2.4.24
Hi, I got through this mailing list and asked google for several times and still, I found no answer or hint where to look at. So, the basic problem is that I have a couple of linux boxes that need to be synchronized via NTP. Those boxes have all the very same hardware and configuration. Running the kernel 2.4.24 NTP works fine. For various reasons there is the need to run -- at least a few of them -- with kernel 2.6.9 and here it happens. NTP complains. The Log states: ntpd[22804]: frequency error -512 PPM exceeds tolerance 500 PPM Using "adjtimex" does not alleviate the pr...

Is an old Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card fully supported under Linux (e.g., Kernel 2.6.32-5)?
Hello. I have a Debian stable with v2.6.32-5-amd64. I'd like to know if an old Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card (PCI) is fully supported under it with Kernel 2.6.32-5 and ALSA since I don't like the motherboard/mobo.'s onboard audio (lack of bass, no bass controls, low quality, etc.). Thank you in advance. :) -- "It is said that the lonely eagle flies to the mountain peaks while the lowly ant crawls the ground, but cannot the soul of the ant soar as high as the eagle?" --unknown /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. On Sunday, December 30th, 2012, at 07:47:23h -0800, Ant pondered: > I have a Debian stable with v2.6.32-5-amd64. I'd like to know if an old > Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card (PCI) is fully supported under it with > Kernel 2.6.32-5 and ALSA since I don't like the motherboard/mobo.'s > onboard audio (lack of bass, no bass controls, low quality, etc.). Have you tried plugging it into the PCI slot, rebooting, and trying it? Have you visited the ALSA project site to look at support details for this card? ...

[News] Kernel Plans for Linux 2.6.24 and Looking Ahead at 2.6.25
InfiniBand 2.6.24 Merge Plans ,----[ Quote ] | In addition to listing all patches intended for 2.6.24, Roland also listed | two issues that would most likely wait for 2.6.25... `---- http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/InfiniBand_2.6.24_Merge_Plans 2.6.23 should be out very soon. Here's another nice visual example of modern Linux... 7 screenshots of my Desktop with 3D effects ,----[ Quote ] | 7 screenshots of my Desktop featuring 3D effects, plus virtualization of a | second operating system. `---- http://mckooiker.byethost5.com/blog/?p=30 ...

[ANN] io_splice 2.2.0
The splice family of Linux system calls can transfer data between file descriptors without the need to copy data into userspace. Instead of a userspace buffer, they rely on an ordinary Unix pipe as a kernel-level buffer. * http://bogomips.org/ruby_io_splice/ * ruby.io.splice@librelist.com * git://git.bogomips.org/ruby_io_splice.git Changes: This release adds IO#pipe_size and IO#pipe_size= accessors for resizing the kernel pipe buffer under Linux 2.6.35+. This functionality may be used to either reduce memory footprint or make large copies with fewer method dispatches and system calls. Th...

how to install the Nvidia 4496 Linux driver on a 2.6 kernel
After some Google searching and experimenting, I got the latest Nvidia driver to work with the 2.6-test4 kernel yesterday, so if you're running the 2.6 kernel and don't want to wait for Nvidia to officially support it, here's a mini how-to that worked for me (but your mileage may vary). This how-to was posted on another web page but it didn't work as originally written so I "corrected" it based on my results with Red Hat 9. Assuming you've already downloaded 4496 from Nvidia, are running the 2.6 kernel, and are in init level 3 (no X servers running): ...

Linux-2.6 kernel and ntpd-4.2.0
I have # ntpd --version ntpd: ntpd 4.2.0@1.1161-r and Linux kernel 2.6.19.7 with the Trustix-3.05 distribution. I'm having problems with ntpd gaining a lot of time. Are there log files anywhere? ntpdate works fine. I am using one server in /etc/ntp.conf 0.ca.pool.ntp.org I've heard of reports of Linux *losing* time rapidly. I recommend you visit: http://ntp.isc.org/Support/TroubleshootingNTP and pay particular attention to the "known hardware issues" and "known operating system issues" sections. H Harlan Stenn wrote: > I've heard of reports of Lin...

[News] 4 Linux Releases: Foresight Linux 1.1, Ubuntu CE 2.2, Kwort 2.2, Mandriva 2007.1 RC1
Foresight Linux 1.1 is out ! http://foresightlinux.com/downloads/ Kwort [Slackware derivative] 2.2 final released! ,----[ Quote ] | I'm proud to announce that Kwort 2.2 final version has been released | after a very long time (more than a year). The system is very stable | and very usable. `---- http://kwort.org/?page=NewsViewer&ID=45&PHPSESSID=1d286ac69fabebf18b4db27ded0b277d Mandriva Linux 2007 Spring RC1 (aka "Xianyang") ,----[ Quote ] | New since Mandriva Linux 2007: | | * Major desktop components | o KDE 3.5.6 | o GNOME 2.18 (RC: final release will include GNOME 2.18) | o OpenOffice.org 2.1 | o Mozilla Firefox 2.0 `---- http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases/Mandriva/2007.1/Development/RC1 ...

sleep() API behaves differently in Linux 2.4 and Linux 2.6
Hi, I have a simple program utilizing "sleep()" api to sleep 3 msec periodically. I measured the time difference before calling the api and after it returns back. The same application behaves differently running on Linux 2.4 and 2.6 In Linux 2.6.11, it takes about 3 msec, and running on Linux 2.4.20 it takes about 10 msec. I have attached the program below, many thanks in advance. #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <time.h> #define TO_64(a) (a##LLU) #define kUsecTimeScale TO_6...

2 * 2 * 2 * 2 or pow(2, 4)?
Hi , I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for example wouldn't be more efficient than pow(x, 2)*pow(y, 2)*pow(z,3). Or is it all the same? Thanks, - Olumide Olumide wrote: > I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial > that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the > power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for > exam...

linspace(2,2,2) returns [2 2] ??
May be the help for linspace should change? It says: "LINSPACE(X1, X2, N) generates N points between X1 and X2." Notice, it says BETWEEN. But when I ask for 2 points, between 2 and 2: ---------------- EDU>> linspace(2,2,2) ans = 2 2 --------------- May be mathematically this is ok? i.e. there are infinite points between the point and itself? (on the real line), but from programming point of view, it is confusing. no? --Nasser Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." What did you expect to...

64 bit linux kernel 2.6.2 for IA64 (Itanium2)
Please tell me where I can download 64 bit linux kernel 2.6.2 for IA64 (Itanium2). Thanks. So anyway, it was like, 08:51 CET Feb 15 2004, you know? Oh, and, yeah, Henry Pool was all like, "Dude, > Please tell me where I can download 64 bit linux kernel 2.6.2 for > IA64 (Itanium2). Thanks. <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/> springs to mind. hth. -- Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Perth ---> * 10:52:29 up 21 days, 18:29, 6 users, load average: 2.18, 2.16, 2.10 $ cat /dev/bollocks "echo y | format c:" Registered Linux user #261729 envisioneer viral content On 2004-02-15, Henry Pool <hp8@hotmail.com> wrote: > Please tell me where I can download 64 bit linux kernel 2.6.2 for IA64 > (Itanium2). Thanks. > curious why this is in a networking newsgroup.....? Dare I suggest ftp://ftp.<country code>.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ ? What you have asked for is...quite meaning less as you usually download the source-code for the kernel and then compile it with optimizations for your CPU. Alex ...

Re: IDS Support for KAIO on Linux kernel 2.6+ #2
Hi I think this is a very interesting idea.... We will check internally and will get back to you! bye Sandor vomaringo@yahoo.c om Sent by: To owner-informix-li informix-list@iiug.org st@iiug.org cc Subject 06.01.2005 10:04 Re: IDS Support for KAIO on Linux kernel 2.6+ Please respond to vomaringo Sandor Szabo wrote: > We have announced that the next version of IDS (coming soon!!!!) will > support KAIO on Linux! >...

A2SERVER 1.2.5 now installs GS/OS 6.0.2 or 6.0.3 for network boot
Hello, hello. A2SERVER 1.2.5 is now available. Its main new feature is to offer to instal= l GS/OS 6.0.1 for network boot (as it did before), as well as community rel= eases 6.0.2 and 6.0.3. It also now includes HFS.FST with the install, and h= as a handful of bug fixes. You can update by typing "a2server-update" at the command prompt in Raspple= II, the A2SERVER virtual machine, or whatever Linux box you're running on. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, A2SERVER is a file server an= d network boot host for Apple II computers, allowing you to ea...

[News] Linux Mint 2.2 KDE Edition Review; Foresight Linux 1.2 Released
Review: Linux Mint 2.2 Beta 020 "Bianca KDE Edition" ,----[ Quote ] | While it is always nice to have another Linux distribution, because | choice is good, I didn't see any compelling reason to use Linux Mint | over the Ubuntu which it is based off of. The look is slightly | different, with some different configuration options here and there. | I can't really say it offers anything special over Ubuntu, but you never | know, there are no doubt future improvements that the Linux Mint team | will make. Hopefully they fix the video driver issue so I can try it | out on my deskto...

Web resources about - broadcomm nic card driver installation on linux 6.2 with 2.2.22 kernel - comp.os.linux.networking

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

Shark attack delays shark-proof barrier installation at Middleton Beach, Albany
Workers putting in a shark-proof barrier at a WA beach on Sunday were forced to postpone the installation after a shark attacked a pygmy whale ...

Apple launching new broken iPhone upgrade, screen protector installation programs
... $200 for a 6, and $250 for a 6 Plus. Also involving iPhone displays, Apple Stores will start offering official plastic screen protector installations ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...