f



Connecting to Sendmail

I can't connect to sendmail from a client.  Is there a firewall
setting that should specifically open up a port (110 I think) or am I
doing somethin wrong on the client.

Server is RH 9.0 running sendmail...

Thanks
Peter
0
zpetero (35)
11/10/2003 9:40:53 PM
comp.os.linux.networking 15677 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

5 Replies
393 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

Hi Peter,

"Peter" <zpetero@netscape.net> wrote in message
news:5f09c2fb.0311101340.326bc576@posting.google.com...
> I can't connect to sendmail from a client.  Is there a firewall
> setting that should specifically open up a port (110 I think) or am I
> doing somethin wrong on the client.
>
Normaly sendmail runs on port 25. (smtp)
you can try to connect to it using telnet:  "telnet <IP-ADDRESS> 25"
on the host self, you can use "netstat -a" to see if sendmail is running.

Goodluck
-Andree


0
atoonk (5)
11/10/2003 9:51:12 PM
"Peter" <zpetero@netscape.net> wrote in message
news:5f09c2fb.0311101340.326bc576@posting.google.com

> I can't connect to sendmail from a client.  Is there a firewall
> setting that should specifically open up a port (110 I think) or am I
> doing somethin wrong on the client.
> Server is RH 9.0 running sendmail...

Pat attention to 1) at the following post:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=3ec44915_2@corp.newsgroups.com

Rebuild the sendmail.cf file and restart sendmail after making the change to
sendmail.mc.

Also, get familiar with the FAQs. Your question has been answered many,
many, many times:

http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section5.html#5.3.1.3


        tony


--
use hotmail com for any email replies



-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
0
ynotssor
11/10/2003 11:54:45 PM
On 10 Nov 2003 13:40:53 -0800, Peter <zpetero@netscape.net> wrote:
> I can't connect to sendmail from a client.  Is there a firewall
> setting that should specifically open up a port (110 I think) or am I
> doing somethin wrong on the client.
> 
> Server is RH 9.0 running sendmail...

Port 110 is pop3, sending mail (smtp) is port 25 (/etc/services tells you
what service each port is for).  Sendmail does not do pop3 (you need a
different daemon for that).  Also by default sendmail in RH only listens
on localhost (127.0.0.1), unless you modified that.  Check 'netstat -atn'
to see what IPs and ports are listening (0.0.0.0 means any IP).  You might
also need to check /etc/hosts.allow, hosts.deny and firewall settings.

-- 
David Efflandt - All spam ignored  http://www.de-srv.com/
0
efflandt (885)
11/11/2003 2:25:41 AM
efflandt@xnet.com (David Efflandt) wrote in message news:<slrnbr0i54.4co.efflandt@typhoon.xnet.com>...
> On 10 Nov 2003 13:40:53 -0800, Peter <zpetero@netscape.net> wrote:
> > I can't connect to sendmail from a client.  Is there a firewall
> > setting that should specifically open up a port (110 I think) or am I
> > doing somethin wrong on the client.
> > 
> > Server is RH 9.0 running sendmail...
> 
> Port 110 is pop3, sending mail (smtp) is port 25 (/etc/services tells you
> what service each port is for).  Sendmail does not do pop3 (you need a
> different daemon for that).  Also by default sendmail in RH only listens
> on localhost (127.0.0.1), unless you modified that.  Check 'netstat -atn'
> to see what IPs and ports are listening (0.0.0.0 means any IP).  You might
> also need to check /etc/hosts.allow, hosts.deny and firewall settings.

I ran telnet localhost 110 and it says;

Connected to localhost 127.0.0.1
+OK POP3 localhost.localdomain v2001.78rh server ready. 

So, POP seems to be working, Kmail is setup and I can send emails but
when I reply from the client machine I can't receive emails back on
the server.  What should I try next?

-Peter
0
zpetero (35)
11/15/2003 3:11:35 AM
zpetero@netscape.net (Peter) wrote in message news:<5f09c2fb.0311141911.77651a2e@posting.google.com>...
> efflandt@xnet.com (David Efflandt) wrote in message news:<slrnbr0i54.4co.efflandt@typhoon.xnet.com>...
> > On 10 Nov 2003 13:40:53 -0800, Peter <zpetero@netscape.net> wrote:
> > > I can't connect to sendmail from a client.  Is there a firewall
> > > setting that should specifically open up a port (110 I think) or am I
> > > doing somethin wrong on the client.
> > > 
> > > Server is RH 9.0 running sendmail...
> > 
> > Port 110 is pop3, sending mail (smtp) is port 25 (/etc/services tells you
> > what service each port is for).  Sendmail does not do pop3 (you need a
> > different daemon for that).  Also by default sendmail in RH only listens
> > on localhost (127.0.0.1), unless you modified that.  Check 'netstat -atn'
> > to see what IPs and ports are listening (0.0.0.0 means any IP).  You might
> > also need to check /etc/hosts.allow, hosts.deny and firewall settings.
> 
> I ran telnet localhost 110 and it says;
> 
> Connected to localhost 127.0.0.1
> +OK POP3 localhost.localdomain v2001.78rh server ready. 
> 
> So, POP seems to be working, Kmail is setup and I can send emails but
> when I reply from the client machine I can't receive emails back on
> the server.  What should I try next?
> 
> -Peter

I can log on from a client machine via telnet on port 110 and check my
messages, so POP is up and running by default on RH 9.0.

I can send email from the server machine at command line and from
KMail but when I reply it doesn't show up at the server.

Why can't I receive incoming mail?

-Peter
0
zpetero (35)
11/15/2003 7:39:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

[News] Making Linux More Like OS X and OS X More Like Linux
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Mac OS X - Highly Customized Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Few players in the Linux arena creates their Linux distro to look like Mac OS | X or Windows.... | | Here I'm going to list some distro which looks like Mac OS. `---- http://linuxtreat.blogspot.com/2008/07/mac-os-x-highly-customized-linux.html A Linux User's Guide to Mac ,----[ Quote ] | Take a deep breath and repeat after me: A computer is just a tool. It is only | so good as it serves to make life better for users. A "better" life is | obviously not the same thing for everyone. For me, it means making my Mac | more like Linux, as I began to discuss in my last article. `---- http://www.ofb.biz/safari/article/474.html Yesterday: Ubuntu: Challenge the Mac ,----[ Quote ] | Normally I would just provide a Diigo link to this if it weren’t something | I’ve been saying a lot in talks. Over at InformationWeek, Serdar Yegulaip was | a piece called “Shuttleworth’s Ubuntu Ambitions: Challenge the Mac”. He | quotes Mark Shuttleworth saying in a Datamation article: | |     … our goal, very simply, is to make sure the Free software ecosystem can |     deliver a Mac OS-like experience, or an experience that will compete with |     the Mac OS. | | I think this is exactly right. It’s time to look past Windows, even with its | huge installed base, as any sort of “gold standard” (as Mark calls it), | especially for user interface. ...

Linux KSH93 Connecting to a networked MySQL database.
I have several korn shell scripts I use with a MySQL database on the same server (Solaris). I am moving to a Linux environment where the MySQL database is on another server. I would like to convert the database connection code to connect to the database on another Linux server. I see alot of information on Perl DBI CLI and PHP DBI CLI but cannot find any examples of Korn Shell connecting to a database on another server. Is there a way to accomplish a network connection to a MySQL database from Korn Shell? Any examples or information would be much appreciated! mm mm wrote: > I...

Forcing a network connection to connect
I have a network connection set up that uses a serial port. If I go into Internet Explorer and access a web page or into Outlook, it will try to establish the dial-up or direct connection. What I am looking for is a programming way to cause the dial-up or direct connect without having to go into one of these programs. Essentially, I need to find out if the connection is up, and if not, cause it to try to connect. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff. On Mar 2, 6:32=A0am, "Jeffrey Adler" <jeff.nospam.ad...@bigfoot.com&g...

Problem on Linux OS/390 for Db2 Connect
I have a problem to connect to db2 connect on suse os/390. I've created 2 classes DB_R.java driver type 4. and DB_L.java driver type 2. When I run I have result: Driver type 4 works fine. Driver type 2 does not work. "SQLException: No suitable driver" After all I was trying to use db2profile, result the same. But every thing works fine on Windows box. beausr@APPS1:~/cafe> export JAVA_HOME=/opt/IBMJava2-s390-141 beausr@APPS1:~/cafe> export PATH=${JAVA_HOME}/bin:/home/db2usr/sqllib/bin:${PATH} beausr@APPS1:~/cafe> ex...

Connecting two networks with two linux boxes.
I have 2 networks each with a linux box as the gateway to the internet. At the moment they are VPN'd together, but are close enough to get a cable run and I'd like to connct them like this to make it quicker so each linux box will have 3 nics in it. My question is possibly a dumb one! But what should the IP for the 3rd nic in each box be? The networks are: network - linux box internal address Box 1) 10.0.12.x/24 - 10.0.12.1 Box 2) 192.168.12.x/24 - 192.168.12.1 Should the 3rd NIC in the box 1 be on the 192.168.12.x range, and vice versa but wouldn't that confuse the other network as it would think that it is a local IP when it wouldn't be. Should they both be on a different range althogether? And then set the routing up on each. ie 3 NICS in each Box1 internal 10.0.12.1 public 123.456.78.2 "intranet" 10.0.13.1 Box2 internal 192.168.12.1 public 423.243.123.32 "intranet" 10.0.13.2 If it was 2 networks with one linux box it would be easy, just not sure how you'd connect the two boxes together.... Any advice appreciated! Cheers Mark Markvr wrote: > I have 2 networks each with a linux box as the gateway to the internet. > > At the moment they are VPN'd together, but are close enough to get a > cable run and I'd like to connct them like this to make it quicker > so each linux box will have 3 nics in it. > > My question is possibly a dumb one! But what should the IP for the 3rd > ...

Linux XP Network--Rdesktop Connection Failure
Hi, I'm a Linux newbie and I've just started trying to create a home network with a Windows (XP) machine and a Linux (Mandrake 9.2) machine. I wanted to use rdesktop to connect to XP but I kept getting a connection refused error. I tried telnetting, ftping and pinging between the computers as a test and only ping worked. I also shut down my router's firewall and disabled my XP firewall but that did not seem to have any effect. rdesktop, ftp and telnet all give essentially the same error message: "Connection Refused". Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help!! Mark On 2004-08-11, Mark Uygur <markuygur@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm a Linux newbie and I've just started trying to create a home > network with a Windows (XP) machine and a Linux (Mandrake 9.2) > machine. I wanted to use rdesktop to connect to XP but I kept getting > a connection refused error. > I tried telnetting, ftping and pinging between the computers as a test > and only ping worked. I also shut down my router's firewall and > disabled my XP firewall but that did not seem to have any effect. > > rdesktop, ftp and telnet all give essentially the same error message: > "Connection Refused". > > Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you configured XP to start the pertinent servers? E.g., if the telnet server isn't running on XP, the connection will be refused when a client tries to connect. The same goes ...

Linux: freezes with or without a wired network connection
"Mine still has problems with or without a wired connection" #408 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=41 Best just to uninstall the crapola. ...

How to Connecting two different network in redhat linux 9
hello friends, I have linux server with three ethernet cards. eth0 : 202.66.55.100 --> gw 202.66.55.97 eth1 : 192.168.0.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 eth2 : 192.168.1.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 default gateway : 202.66.55.97 eth0 act as gateway to share internet to two networks throu eth1 and eth2. how to access from client eth1 network to client eth2 network throu redhat linux 9 server. Every hint is appreciated. with regards pvn On 2004-11-27, visu <pvn_26@rediffmail.com> wrote: > I have linux server with three ethernet cards. > eth0 : 202.66.55.100 --> gw 202.66.55.97 > eth1 : 192.168.0.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 > eth2 : 192.168.1.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 > default gateway : 202.66.55.97 > how to access from client eth1 network to client eth2 network throu > redhat linux 9 server. Set the default gateway for the machine on network eth2 to 192.168.1.1 for eth1 to 192.168.0.1, enable ip forwarding and masquerading and you're set. See the firewall-howto about how to setup the firewall. Davide -- Windows hasn't increased computer literacy. It's just lowered the standard. -- From a Slashdot.org post visu <pvn_26@rediffmail.com> wrote: > hello friends, > I have linux server with three ethernet cards. > eth0 : 202.66.55.100 --> gw 202.66.55.97 > eth1 : 192.168.0.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 > eth2 : 192.168.1.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 > default gateway : 202.66.55.97 > eth0 act as...

networking os/2 version 3 [non connect]
Hello, I've recently reloaded my old (non Connect) version of OS/2 version 3. I've loaded TCP/IP from the dial up access kit and installed and configured Freetcp. On the surface, everything looks okay. The drivers load without incident, and my network card (a 3c509) binds without error and the lanstart.cmd executes without error. (Lanstart.cmd assigns the IP address and mask and sets the default router path.) The problem is, I can't ping anything other than the workstation itself. If I ping the Gateway or other workstations on my network, nothing happens. I have to Cntrl C to stop the ping and it reflects something like "17 packets sent, none received, 100% data loss.). The router tables look good, as they show the following (from netstat -r): Destination Router refcnt use flags metric ntrf default 192.168.2.1 0 0 U -1 lan0 192.168.2.0 192.168.2.5 0 0 U -1 lan0 192.168.2.5 is the OS/2 workstation itself and 192.168.2.1 is my router. Data does seem to be going out, as when I issue a ping, the lights flash on the router indicating activity. Any ideas as to what is wrong? The card works fine under Windows so that rules out a bad NIC. I've tried swapping out the NIC card drivers with older versions (had been using the newest version) but still now luck. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Craig I thought you needed "...

[Linux/Win XP] Odd OS specific connection issues
I have a really odd internet connection issue with Charter Communications that started sometime today. Essentially, I have lost all connectivity and cannot even get an IP address (a real one I should say). My network is setup up with a Linux box as my router, which then shares out the connection to my XP box via a hub. As soon as I lost my XP connection I started with the normal troubleshooting; rebooted, cycled modem, etc... Still no connection. Then I got on my Linux box and surprisingly saw that it was down there as well. I then plugged the cable modem (SB4200) directly into th...

Problem with multyplayer and direct connections with a windows network and a linux gateway
For some reason it's impossible to make direct connections to other computers on the internet wich means that no multi-player games and other programs like that never work. On the other side, I can connect to servers. For example, if I ping to a computer that's not a server all the data that it's sending as response gets lost somewere at the Linux Gateway computer. How can I solve this? ...

Connecting Wireless Router to a Linux-IP-Masquerading based network
Did a quick search and couldnt find the answer. Really appreciate your help. I currently have a local network with my Linux machine doing the routing/IP masquerading for other PCs. The setup is like this: eth0 : Static IP of my DSL modem eth1 : 192.168.0.1, connected to a switch. Other PC's and a Wireless access point all connect to the switch and everything works hunky dory. Now, to upgrade, I got the latest Wireless router (a+b+g) to replace my access point and the problem started here. I dont see a way to connect this wireless router seamlessly into my current network. I would still like the Linux machine to be connected directly to the dsl modem and be the router because I like to telnet/ss into my Linux machine from outside. The Wireless router tries to do what my Linux machine is currently doing and the manufacturer documentation doesnt provide any way to defeat this. Ideally, I want the Wireless router to be a way to expand my current network. ie., I want the router to be connected to my switch and the 10/100 ports in the router to connect additional machines. Have you experienced similar issue before and how did you get around it? thanks, SF91 ...

HELP! Connecting Mac OS to wireless windows based network!
Hello, I need anyone's help desperately!! How do I connect a Mac OS 10 with an airport card to a windows base wireless network (workgroup)? I do not have any routers, hubs or wireless access points. ...

Mac OS X trouble connecting to Linux VPN server
Hi, I'm trying to get my redhat 8.0 server to act as a VPN gateway for my home network. It appears to work when I connect with a PC (Win XP) but I cannot get a connection using my Mac OS X (Jaguar)'s VPN connection dialog. The VPN server log (/var/log/pptpd.log) shows the following: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/5 sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <auth chap MD5> <magic 0x4660b272> <pcomp> <accomp>] rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xd0e8229> <pcomp> <accomp>] sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xd0e8229> <pcomp> <accomp>] sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <auth chap MD5> <magic 0x4660b272> <pcomp> <accomp>] rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xd0e8229> <pcomp> <accomp>] sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xd0e8229> <pcomp> <accomp>] sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <auth chap MD5> <magic 0x4660b272> <pcomp> <accomp>] until the disconnect happens. It looks like the server keeps sending an auth request but the Mac is not responding? I'm using PoPToP as the PPTP server on the Redhat box. any help would be appreciated. thanks Haans ...

Any Documentaion about How Linux Networking IP stack looklike between Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces (LAN and WAN)?
Any Documenttaion about How Linux IP Networking stack looklike bwteen Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces running on Linux (LAN and WAN)?. appreciated for links or some documentation. Thanks. ...

Problems in developing linux driver, network device but connected with usb-serial
Hi everyone, Sorry to bother you. I even don't know if I'm posting in the right forum, b= ut anyone knows linux driver development well, please help me. I'm absolute= ly newbie in this field.=20 I'm now developing a driver for a network device. But because of the nature= of my problem, it is connected via a pl2303 usb-serial converter. I know o= n solution is to operating file like ttyUSB0, however, I get fragments from= the serial port. According to many suggestions, this solution is not recom= mended=E3=80=82 So shall I continue working with file, or if there is any o= ther solution.=20 Best, Yifan On 09/30/2012 10:59 AM, Yifan Sun wrote: > Hi everyone, > > Sorry to bother you. I even don't know if I'm posting in the right > forum, but anyone knows linux driver development well, please help > me. I'm absolutely newbie in this field. > > I'm now developing a driver for a network device. But because of the > nature of my problem, it is connected via a pl2303 usb-serial > converter. I know on solution is to operating file like ttyUSB0, > however, I get fragments from the serial port. According to many > suggestions, this solution is not recommended。 So shall I continue > working with file, or if there is any other solution. > > Best, > > Yifan Perhaps you could use ppp or pppoe. On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 07:59:08 -0700 (PDT), Yifan Sun <sunyifan112358@gmail...

Networking with OS/2 2.1 or Warp 3 non-Connect
Hello, I want to use networking with OS/2 2.1 (with WinOS/2) or Warp 3 (without WinOS/2 and Non-Connect). OS/2 2.1 would be better, because it is much faster than Win95 and 3.11 (yes, really!). So the trouble begins: My family has a cable modem, which works as a DHCP server and it does assign an IP beginning with 82.x.y.z or 212.x.y.z and subnet 255.255.252(!).0. So we're connected to the internet - directly. Because of this, networking via TCP/IP isn't possible (they don't see themselves as LAN - connections are made directly over the internet) and I'm forced to use NetBEUI to get fast LAN access. Now I want to add my laptop onto this list and so I need NetBEUI (= IBM NetBIOS?) and TCP/IP (DHCP) under OS/2 2.1 or Warp 3 Non-Connect. Could you please tell me which software I need and where to get it? Regards, Sebastian Sir: Sebastian wrote: > Hello, > > I want to use networking with OS/2 2.1 (with WinOS/2) or Warp 3 (without > WinOS/2 and Non-Connect). > OS/2 2.1 would be better, because it is much faster than Win95 and 3.11 > (yes, really!). So the trouble begins: > > My family has a cable modem, which works as a DHCP server and it does assign > an IP beginning with 82.x.y.z or 212.x.y.z and subnet 255.255.252(!).0. So > we're connected to the internet - directly. Because of this, networking via > TCP/IP isn't possible (they don't see themselves as LAN - connections are > made directly over the inter...

Free Download Ebook for linux networking guide | http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html
i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download it for free http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html Tony Andreas wrote: > i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download > it for free > http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > Tony Andreas wrote: >> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >> it for free >> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html > > i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: > http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf What link is that? i.e. which one on the Home Page? There are over 30 of them. mybook.000webhost.info resolves to 64.235.54.104 The link you gave opens KPDF for me - I didn't look at its contents. Doug. Doug Laidlaw wrote: > goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > >> Tony Andreas wrote: >>> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >>> it for free >>> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html >> i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: >>...

Need help connecting OS/2 to linux via serial tcp/ip
Hello, I'd like to configure my OS/2 box to communicate with my linux box via tcp/ip over serial. I normally use InJoy to dial up to an ISP. I've searched the web and the news groups for a while now and can't find a reference explaining the process. There are just too many hits to sort through and its been a long day so far. I know that I want to set up InJoy to use a direct serial connection. I'm using pppd on the linux end. I'm using the following linux command line to start pppd. /usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyS1 115200 defaultroute InJoy apepars ...

I want to study linux network but I have not a network
HI, I am using debian 3.0 as my linux PC and I want to study the linux network administartion. When I only have one pc, is it possible for me to study it on this only one PC? Is any emulation that can be done to construct a virtual network within my PC? Any help appreciated! Chen On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:06:40 +0800, Chen Bin wrote: > HI, > > I am using debian 3.0 as my linux PC and I want to study the linux > network administartion. When I only have one pc, is it possible for me > to study it on this only one PC? > > Is any emulation that can be done to construct a virtual network within > my PC? You can use Vmware (www.vmware.com), but it's quite expensive. The workstation edition costs $189. But you can get a 30 day fully functioning trial version. -- Rolf Arne Schulze Trans-atlantic weightloss challenge: http://tawlc.net/ Personal weblog: http://roffe.ronningveien.net/ In comp.os.linux.networking Chen Bin <binch@mobilesoft.com.cn>: > HI, > I am using debian 3.0 as my linux PC and I want to study the linux > network administartion. When I only have one pc, is it possible for me > to study it on this only one PC? > Is any emulation that can be done to construct a virtual network within > my PC? You can do almost anything just over loop-back, like "ssh localhost" no need for any emulation, you already have one. -- Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94) mail: echo zvpunry@urvz...

Networking Questions I have for multiple OS Networking
I have some questions that I am hoping someone can help me with. I have plans to network 7 PC's together with different OS as follows. Windows XP Prof Windows XP Home Windows 2000 Windows Me Windows 98 SE Windows 95B Linux Red Hat 8.0 My 7 computers have their OS installed as well as 10/100mbps NICs, which will all connect to my 10/100 Switch. (1.) Does anyone know of any incompatibilities I will have or problems that I can avoid when setting up this network of multiple operating systems? (2.) Is there any patches I will need for specific OS to network with the...

Networking on OS/2 Warp 3.0: MPTS 55 or IBM Internet Connection ?
Hi there, I have just finished the installation of OS/2 Warp 3.0 on some machine with a Network Interface Card. I'd like to be able to ftp / ssh / telnet / browse the web from it. I've got MPTS 5.5 and the "BonusPak IBM Internet Connection for OS/2" (four diskettes with purple stickers on them). But I don't know which to install. MPTS 5.5 would install TCP/IP and recognize the network card. But, it would not install a ftp client, nor a ssh client, nor a web browser. IBM Internet Connection for OS/2 would offer me a ftp client and a web browser. But I'...

suggestions for a FTP program for OS 8.6 to connect to a machine running Red Hat Linux?
Could somebody please make a suggestion of what FTP program I should use in Mac OS 8.6 to FTP to a friend's computer running Red Hat Linux? For some reason Fetch 4.0.1, Fetch 3.0.3 and 3.0.1 all stall out on "Getting directory list" after making the initial connection. I have no trouble with LeechFTP on my Windows computer, nor do I have any trouble if I run Yellow Dog Linux on the same computer. It only happens with Fetch or Mozilla. I've never had a problem with Fetch before, which is why I'm still using those old versions. Actually, I pulled 3.03 & 3.01 fr...

Two network connections NICs not activating on Fedora 3 Linux 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
Hi, Running Fedora kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 This problem has been present since Fedora 2 (kernel 2.6 ?) I have a generic laptop with built-in UTP LAN socket and a Netgear 802.11b PCMCIA card. When the laptop boots, the onboard LAN is assigned eth0 and the PCMCIA Netgear eth1 . Both appear as Active in the Network Device dialog - even if no UTP cable is connected to the eth0 port . When UTP cable is plugged in, the eth0 can get DHCP IP Address from the router and then connect out to the internet. However, when there is no UTP cable connected but there is wireless card that shows steady green light, the device is not connected to the router. I have to disable BOTH eth0 and eth1 then activate eth1 (the wireless card) to get a DHCP IP address and then an active network connection Is there anyway to get the NetGear wireless card on eth1 active and usable after boot without going through all of this? Thanks Clive ...

US-TX-Austin: Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310514408)
US-TX-Austin: Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310514408) ============================================================================ Position: Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Good interpersonnal skills--can successfully deal with PC users MCSE Desirable Please send your current resume in con...

Web resources about - Connecting to Sendmail - comp.os.linux.networking

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Open Compute Project Focusing On Connecting Networking Hardware
The Open Compute Project , a Facebook-started consortium aimed at making data storage more efficient, announced Wednesday that it is now working ...

Digital Media Wire - connecting people & knowledge —
dmwnews : Anomaly, the ambitious graphic novel by Brittenham and Haberlin, features augmented reality. http://bit.ly/Iwrxjr Already optioned ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Home - WHLT 22 Connecting the Pine Belt Fan
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up ...

US IT Staffing Recruiters Group - Connecting Ideas !
US IT Recruiter's Groups: IT Technical Recruitment. Its all about connecting to new Ideas !

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

DLD15 - Connecting the Dots on IoT: Intelligence of Things (Michael Mendenhall, David Kirkpatrick) ...
In this fireside chat, we’ll be discussing how putting a new kind of intuition into the things we interact with isn’t just about making the devices ...

Resources last updated: 3/14/2016 3:46:30 PM