CORRECTION : Can't connect to Xserver SHOULD BE Can't connect to XVNCserver

I've got a RH 9 machine running, with x/kde.

From 2 different Windows machines (Win2k and Win98), I can't seem to
connect to the vncserver on the RH system. (failed to connect to
server is displayed, when I connect from the client)

After looking at the System Service Configuration tool in KDE, the
Status for vncserver shows "Xvnc is stopped". When I restart the vnc
service, "VNC server start was successful is displayed in a message
box, yet the staus still shows "Xvnc is stopped"

What am I doing wrong ?
0
cappy21121 (19)

0
chris4682 (10)
5/21/2004 9:21:25 PM
Please post log file(/home/USER/.vnc/SOMETHING1.log) .

Also when your connecting you should give the port number.
Example 192.168.1.101:5901

------
danny

cappy2112@yahoo.com (Tony C) wrote in message news:<8d3e714e.0405211011.5978bed4@posting.google.com>...
> I've got a RH 9 machine running, with x/kde.
>
> From 2 different Windows machines (Win2k and Win98), I can't seem to
> connect to the vncserver on the RH system. (failed to connect to
> server is displayed, when I connect from the client)
>
> After looking at the System Service Configuration tool in KDE, the
> Status for vncserver shows "Xvnc is stopped". When I restart the vnc
> service, "VNC server start was successful is displayed in a message
> box, yet the staus still shows "Xvnc is stopped"
>
> What am I doing wrong ?
0
kaffki (12)
5/21/2004 9:53:26 PM
> After looking at the System Service Configuration tool in KDE, the
> Status for vncserver shows "Xvnc is stopped". When I restart the vnc
> service, "VNC server start was successful is displayed in a message
> box, yet the staus still shows "Xvnc is stopped"
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

Edit /etc/sysconfig/vncservers

--
William Hooper

If you can remain calm, you just don't have all the facts

0
whooper (18)

Can connect to network but can't browse internet
Here is my situation. I have verizon DSL and two computers in the network. One is running windows 98se and is plugged directly into the linksys router and the other is running windows XP and has a wireless card. My computer, which is running win98se, took a dive and I had to reinstall my DUN and VPN. I reinstalled the verizon software and this one is up and running. The XP computer however is causing me some troubles. It says it's connected to our network. I can browse files on the XP machine from the 98SE machine and the XP machine can access the router via 192.168.1.1 in the brows...

Can connect to network but can't browse internet
Here is my situation. I have verizon DSL and two computers in the network. One is running windows 98se and is plugged directly into the linksys router and the other is running windows XP and has a wireless card. My computer, which is running win98se, took a dive and I had to reinstall my DUN and VPN. I reinstalled the verizon software and this one is up and running. The XP computer however is causing me some troubles. It says it's connected to our network. I can browse files on the XP machine from the 98SE machine and the XP machine can access the router via 192.168.1.1 in the brows...

Client can't connect to the default port, but can connect to other ports
I am not able to connect to the sshd running on default port, but if I run a new sshd at a specific port, I can connect to it. Here are debug outputs from the two calls. syslogs don't show anything either. Can someone please help me solve this problem. ================= ps -ef ================= [namit@namit-pc ~/.ssh]$ ps -ef | grep sshd root 5114 1 0 Aug12 ? 00:00:05 /usr/sbin/sshd root 19131 1 0 Aug17 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -p 10111 namit 30922 19148 0 09:52 pts/6 00:00:00 grep sshd [namit@namit-pc ~/.ssh]$ ================= Default port ================= [namit@namit-pc ~/.ssh]$ ssh -v localhost OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1: Applying options for * debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be trusted. debug1: Connecting to localhost [127.0.0.1] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file /home/namit/.ssh/identity type -1 debug1: identity file /home/namit/.ssh/id_rsa type -1 debug1: identity file /home/namit/.ssh/id_dsa type 2 debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 pat OpenSSH* debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0 debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none debug1: kex: client->s...

OS X
after a bit of reading, it looks like I did a veeeeery shtupid thing... (I'm copying my post to this newsgroup, as the alt.sys.mac.newuser-help group didn't look quite as highly-trafficked...) anyways, here's what I did... ----------------------------------- in an effort to help the owner of a nice shiny new eMac 'clean up' their personal folder, I moved a few items... including the Library folder! it appears.... correct me if I'm wrong... that Mac OS X then created a NEW library... so we restarted it, and all the Quicken data, dialup info, (etc.) was gone... so we ...

Can't get 'CONNECT' response
I have an NEC laptop with an AGERE modem. I have a comms program which requires a CONNECT response after connecting to a remote modem. The modem dials and connects correctly but there is no response string. Have tried ATQ0, ATV1 but the modem still does not respond. Any ideas welcome! Thanks, Arthur "Arthur Richards" <fake@address.com.au> wrote in message news:3f946e42$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > I have an NEC laptop with an AGERE modem. > > I have a comms program which requires a CONNECT response after connecting to > a remote modem. The mode...

networking connection seems well, but can 't connect to internet
Hi all, I have a problem I hope someone has some ideas on. OS:win98se. Ethernet card :SMC 1244V2 After the SMC card is installed, it is appeared in the device manager without any error mark. I clicked control panel > network > configuration and checked for network property. it has the following listed: Client for Microsoft Networks Dial-up adapter SMC EZ card PCI 10/100 adapter TCP/IP It is supposed that will be displayed as the following : Client for Microsoft Networks Dial-up adapter SMC EZ card PCI 10/100 adapter TCP/IP -->SMC EZ card PCI 10/100 adapter //************...

py2exe service doesn't work, can't connect to service controller ?
I'm trying to get a simple service to work with py2exe and python 2.3 I get this error when I start it (after registering it) The description for Event ID ( 240 ) in Source ( UMXWIN32SVC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 1063, The service process could not connect to the service controller.. I then tried the sample MyService and I get the same problem. After building it, I then register it then try to start it, but it f...

Can't connect to Express 10g 'homepage'
(I hope this is the right ng for this post... if not please advise). I'm a developer who uses MySQL but thought I'd try the new Oracle Express. The install went ok on Debian testing but when I try to get to: localhost:8080/apex in FireFox I get a 'connection refused' pop-up. The lsnrctl command works ok. I do have Apache2 running but that looks at port 80 so there should be no conflict. I can get to localhost:631 for cups without issue. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. If not, I'll just give up the ghost and go back to my old stand-by. Thanks guys, A...

Cisco 1811 K9- VPN clients can connect, but can't connect or ping to computers
I have an 1811 that I use as a firewall. Last Friday I configured a site to site VPN for a vendor to do offsite backups. Ever since then, remote users have reported that they successfully connect their VPN clients, but all traffic (email, remote desktop) is denied. Any ideas? On Jan 30, 3:30=A0pm, Pappy <sodapopsa...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have an 1811 that I use as a firewall. =A0Last Friday I configured a > site to site VPN for a vendor to do offsite backups. =A0Ever since then, > remote users have reported that they successfully connect their VPN > clients, but all traf...

[News] Breaking Evil Myths: Linux Users Can't Play; Can't Run Windows Applications
Because penguins need to play too. ,----[ Quote ] | The Windows camp have a lot of great games to play and a popular | misconception is that Linux is lacking in games. That is not true. | There are literally thousands of games for Linux. In fact a lot of | them have been ported to Windows too. | | [...] | | There are both free and commercial games available. Some of the best | ones I really like are America's Army, Tremulous and Enemy Territory. `---- http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/because-penguins-need-to-play-too-14767 Run Windows Apps on Linux using 2X ApplicationServer ,----[ Quote ] | 2X ApplicationServer is a useful solution for those who still need access | to some Windows only apps, but prefer to work in Linux. `---- http://linuxappfinder.com/blog/run_windows_apps_on_linux_using_2x_applicationserver Related: LinuxGamePublishing announces X3: Reunion ,----[ Quote ] | The announcement was made during LinuxGames.coms' latest(7th) | podcast, and said to be about 80% completed. `---- http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1914 TO: Crossfire 1.5 released ,----[ Quote ] | Inspired by TacticalOps, TO: Crossfire is a game based on Epic's | awardwinning UnrealEngine and throws you into the life-and-death | world of counterterrorism. `---- http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1913 Supergamer LiveDVD - Gaming on Linux hits new levels ,----[ Quote ] | SuperGamer is a modified version...

PPTP VPN client can make connection but can't see network resources
Hi, I am trying to setup a VPN between my home and the office and can only get it partially working. Office ------- * Small network connected to the internet by a Draytek router (Draytek 2600). * Draytek router has an inbuilt VPN server which is setup and running. Home ----- * Win98 Box. Have installed VPN client and can successfully attach to the Draytek routers VPN server across the intenet and get access to all the office network resources. This was very simple to do and works fine. * SUSE Linux box. Have installed pptp and can establish a connection to the Draytek routers VPN server over the internet but can't get access to any of the office network resources. Can succesfully ping the Draytek over the VPN connection on 192.168.1.1 but can't ping any other computer on the office network. * At home my Win98 box and SUSE Linux box are connected to the Internet through a Dlink router with VPN passthrough enabled. Can anyone shed any light on why I can connect to the Draytek VPN server on my Linux Box but can't see or ping any of the computers hanging off it. Win98 VPN client does it fine so all the hardware side seems to be able to communicate ok. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. JP ...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

can ping, can't connect
Ok, I have a sever box running Debian stable with a 2.6 kernel (686). It was working fine. Suddenly after about a month up time it stopped, I think it was an IP ipdate form the cable modem but whatever happened I rebooted and when it came back up it cuold no longer make connections. It is now sitting behind my emergency windows box ICS. It can ping www.google.com with no problem but links www.google.com sits there with "Making connection". I did have it running a firewall that caused no probs for outbound connections like that but i have turned that off. It wont let me ssh in from either side. It happily DCHPs from the modem or the windlw box, although it wont route through the modem for some reason, but that is for later. Does anyone have any idea what is going on and what I can do to fix it? Thanks, Rage Rage wrote: > Ok, I have a sever box running Debian stable with a 2.6 kernel (686). > > It was working fine. > Suddenly after about a month up time it stopped, I think it was an IP > ipdate form the cable modem but whatever happened I rebooted and when it > came back up it cuold no longer make connections. > > It is now sitting behind my emergency windows box ICS. > It can ping www.google.com with no problem but links www.google.com sits > there with "Making connection". > > I did have it running a firewall that caused no probs for outbound > connections like that but i have turned that off. > &g...

Can't connect : not trusted connection
Goodmorning, I can't connect to a DbServer in my Lan ,because the server gives me an error ,"not trusted connection" when i try to connect with an account predefined. Could you give me some hints? Thanks Roberto ...

Can Connect, But Can't Surf
Hi guys, I'm using Aztech 56k USB modem on the Fedora. I download the driver for this modem and seems to set it up successfully since i can dialup and login to the ISP. But the strange thing is, whatever address that I type in on the browser, I just can't get to the web server.. even I "ping yahoo.com" it told me "Unknown Host". So where should I diagnose the problem? I suspect maybe is the DNS setup error (the current DNS setting is "Automatic ....") any others?? max <zvulcan@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi guys, > I'm using Aztech 56k USB modem on the Fedora. I download the driver > for this modem and seems to set it up successfully since i can > dialup and login to the ISP. But the strange thing is, whatever > address that I type in on the browser, I just can't get to the web > server.. even I "ping yahoo.com" it told me "Unknown Host". Does it tell you that immediately? No name server or no default route. Does it tell you that after a short time? Wrong name server. Does it tell you that after several minutes? Wrong default route. -- Clifford Kite Email: "echo xvgr_yvahk-ccc@ri1.arg|rot13" PPP-Q&A links, downloads: http://ckite.no-ip.net/ /* I gave up on politics when no matter who I voted for, I regretted it. * -- Pepper...and Salt, WSJ */ You should have an entry for your ISP nameserver in the /etc/resolv.conf file. For examp...

I don't mind Linux. It's the fan club I can't stand.
Linux: A sheer waste of processing time. On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:42:08 -0500, Ana Thema wrote: > Linux: A sheer waste of processing time. Ana Thema ... a witch in search of batteries... -- Rick <http://ricks-place.tripod.com/sound/2cents.wav> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ana Thema <anathema@gmail.net> wrote on Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:42:08 -0500 <o96ou15hrlhepdpdr7pkbefq3ep4e31ve1@ax4.com>: > Linux: A sheer waste of processing time. > Well of course it is; everyone should just use Windows instead. The occasional hangs, glitches, and crashes are more than compensa...

DBI problem: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061
I know this arises from time to time, and yes, I have tried everything mentioned in the MySQL reference manual I know the server (MySQL 5.1.50) is running. All of the following work perfectly: mysql -h localhost --port=33066 -u MyUID -pMyPassword merchants2 mysql -h 127.0.0.1 --port=33066 -u MyUID -pMyPassword merchants2 mysql -h 192.168.2.8 --port=33066 -u MyUID -pMyPassword merchants2 All the above connect and let me run any SQL statement. But the following scriptlet dies on the last statement with the error: DBI connect('database=merchants2;host=localhost','rejbyers',.....

Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install
-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem. But when I run it, nothing happens. -I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze (for long--------). All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen). -I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the 'un-installation' -I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing happens. -With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens. -Tried to installed it ...

Can't connect to Xserver
I've got a RH 9 machine running, with x/kde. From 2 different Windows machines (Win2k and Win98), I can't seem to connect to the vncserver on the RH system. (failed to connect to server is displayed, when I connect from the client) After looking at the System Service Configuration tool in KDE, the Status for vncserver shows "Xvnc is stopped". When I restart the service, "VNC server start was successful is displayed in a message box, yet the staus still shows "Xvnc is stopped" What am I doing wrong ? Tony C <cappy2112@yahoo.com> wrote: > From 2 different Windows machines (Win2k and Win98), I can't seem to > connect to the vncserver on the RH system. (failed to connect to > server is displayed, when I connect from the client) Is Xvnc (or similar) shown in 'pstree' output in a terminal window? And what do you have in /etc/hosts.allow and hosts.deny? -- Cameron Kerr cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/ Empowered by Perl! you might think of editing the x.inetd and hosts.allow files ..... what port vnc uses? did you enable the firewall settings? you might try scanning the port from another machine .... these are the food for thought. raqueeb hassan congo ...

Can't connect to X11 window server using 'localhost:0.0'
Hi. I'm using sendmail 8.12.9 for a project on RedHat Fedora Core 2 on my personal computer with a perfectly finctioning X window server. Part of this project requires me to modify sendmail to open a gui application. When I attempted this originally, I got the following error: "No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it." Figuring that sendmail for whatever reason unset it, I added called setenv() to set it and got the following error: "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 wind...

can't connect to mysql on 'local host', installing 5.0.19
I had to delete all old files and disable norton firewall to get the install to work. but I still get, after everything's applied, can't connect to mysql on 'local host' (10061) 10061 is a winsock error WSAECONNREFUSED. so the dialog box recommends to press the skip button "because you are probably doing an upgrade (shouldn't! I wasn't) and run the config wizard. so I did and that went OK. the service got installed, and can start and stop, but won't connect. probably the same error, but can't tell because no log details. I have seen this error messa...

Mysql can connect, but PHP can't?
Hi, my first time posting on a newsgroup. anyway, let's cut to the chase. I'm trying to migrate mysql database form one server to another server. So I copied the data from /var/lib/mysql to the other one.. and use INSERT INTO from the old database to the new one..so the Top level 'mysql' database has all the correct users and password and priviledge. however, when one of the php website trying to load..it'll say Unable to login to the MySQL database 'tikiwiki' on 'localhost' as user 'user1' Go here to begin the installation process, if you haven&#...

Can ping sites but can't connect to them
After upgrading win98 to win98se, I installed a new network card, Belkin F5D5000. I am connected to a network through a router and cable modem. This computer is able to recognize and communicate with all other computers on the network, but it will not connect to internet addresses, not even the router address 192.168.0.1 I can, however ping any address and get a response. Why can't I get a normal internet connection? Other computers on the network connect normally to the internet. Your help would be appreciated. The Limey Check and make sure Proxy is checked to 'Automat...

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (46)
Hi, Our hosting company is Yahoo! and we have a MySQL 4.1.6 database. phpMyAdmin 2.6.3 is installed and I can manipulate the db fine through that. However, when I try and connect through a PHP file using $db_hostname = "localhost"; $db_socket = ""; $mysql_host = $db_hostname; if (!empty($db_socket)) $mysql_host .= ":$db_socket"; $db_name = "mydb"; $db_user = "myuser"; $db_password = "mypass"; // Connect mysql_connect($mysql_host, $db_user, $db_password) or die("Can't connect to MySQL: '" . mysql_error() . "'"); I get the above error. How can I fix this? Thanks, - Dave laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Our hosting company is Yahoo! and we have a MySQL 4.1.6 database. > phpMyAdmin 2.6.3 is installed and I can manipulate the db fine through > that. However, when I try and connect through a PHP file using > > $db_hostname = "localhost"; > $db_socket = ""; > > $mysql_host = $db_hostname; > if (!empty($db_socket)) > $mysql_host .= ":$db_socket"; > $db_name = "mydb"; > $db_user = "myuser"; > $db_password = "mypass"; > > // Connect > mysql_connect($mysql_host, $db_user, $db_password) or die("Can't > connect to MySQL: '" . mysql_error() . "'"); > > I get the above error. How can I fix this? > >...

Web resources about - CORRECTION : Can't connect to Xserver SHOULD BE Can't connect to XVNCserver - comp.os.linux.networking

Correction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Community corrections changes could reduce prisoner number increase
Program is a unique attempt to deflect many serious offenders away from crime by addressing the causal factors that are relevant in each case. ...

Hillary Emails: Clinton Personally Oversaw Corrections to Already-Glowing Washington Post Profile
During the presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton has been making efforts to distance herself from the consequences of the U.S.-NATO intervention ...

18 Of The Most Hilarious Media Corrections Of 2015
... *not* the Antichrist. The News-Enterprise is based in Kentucky. This post originally said it was a Kansas newspaper, thereby requiring a correction ...

Correction: Missing American-Iran story
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — In a story March 5 about a rally to free former FBI agent Robert Levinson, who disappeared in Iran, The Associated ...

Better Business Bureau Issues Corrections On Trump University Stories
Better Business Bureau Issues Corrections On Trump University Stories

U.S. Indices Move Out Of Correction Territory As Oil Rebounds 8%
... U.S. stock indices are up more than 1% in Monday trading intra-day gains that have been good enough to push the Dow and the S&P out of correction ...

500 Days of Kristin, Day 395: Correction Regarding Kristin's Recent Magazine Cover
On Day 390 of Kristin, Gawker reported that Kristin Cavallari had landed the cover of Bella LA magazine. It has come to my attention that Bella ...

Correction: Officer Slain-Funeral Story
The first Fargo police officer to be killed in the line of duty in 130 years is being remembered as a life saver who was a quiet hero and a mentor ...