FC3 lost networking;restart/reboot and still nothing

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

FC3 update earlier this morning

Now I can not get reconnected with either my emailer or web browser

I been trying to get Samba working
I had read that by disabling my FC3 fire wall I could get some portion
of it to work. That did occur. I got my XP to connect to the FC3
machine. I couldn't get my FC3 box to connect to my XP.

Wtih the firewall off on my FC3 box it at one point did show the FC3
workgroup ( Fedorac3 ) and the XP workgroup ( Sunrise ). Thsese
workgroups are still listing from/on the XP box.

hopefully that's enough background

I lost... can not get my FC3 box to connect to the internet.

eth0 is
 From GNOME menu:
system settings-server settings-service-network restarts
system settings-secruity level- Fire wall options (tab) is back on
I checked trusted services for
I don't know if these were checked before but I believe at least HTTP;
mail (STMP) and I think eth0 were checked
HTTP
FTB
SSH
Mail (STMP)

hardware
eth0

However I didn't make a paper or mental record of what services to open.

It lists HTTP; FTP; SSM; Mail server; and in another section eth0 ( I'm
doing this all from memory rather than running over to the other room to
check this listing)

I was all messing with
system settings - security level-SELinux - Service protection
where I checked the box to disable protection for DHCP
that has since be put back to UN checked

That's the best I can recall that I've tried changing and have restored
(trying to get samba working)

AND so now I can not get connected to the internet now with either my
emailer or web browsers

What has happened?
I don't want to have to go back and reinstall FC3
0
Reply craig1 (6) 1/14/2005 7:07:51 PM

See related articles to this posting

> I don't want to have to go back and reinstall FC3
won't have to
just got it going
under
system services - network configuration - devices - router
I reset it to automaticly get DHCP address

It was working prior to this using a static address.

hum
0
Reply craig1 (6) 1/14/2005 7:31:56 PM

just restored it by resetting network configuration - router -
automaticly get DHCP from a static address it was working from.

hum
0
Reply craig1 (6) 1/14/2005 7:34:14 PM
comp.os.linux.networking 15540 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

after reboot, network is lost
Hi, I am facing a strange problem in my office LAN. When I reboot any computer, network connection is lost. There are 2 ways I could find to get away with it 1) ping <gateway_ip> for about 10-15 minutes and the network is restored. 2) remove network cable and put it again. Network gets restored after 2-3 minutes. Once, network is restored, it works without any problem till I reboot next time. Has anyone faced similar problem already? Can anyone suggest me ways to troubleshoot actual root cause of this problem? Currently I am using Fedora7 as desktop OS Thanks, Ravi ...

Network Shares lost after reboot
I recently got a Mac at work running on a Windows network environment. I have managed to easily connect to the network drives and shares that I need, but they are lost everytime I restart the mac. I have to back through the steps of adding them each time. Its quite a pain seeing as how I have many shares that I need to access each time. I'm pretty sure its just something that I am missing as I'm not all that familiar with Macs yet... and i'm sure the answer is obvious... but of course, I don't know it =) Anybody care to shed some light on this? Thanks! In article <c9894...

When do I deen to restart the network initialization? To reboot?
Is there any documentation available about the run-time state of the TCP/IP networking subsystem? Especially, which changes to the settings work immediately after "ifconfig" or "route". Or any other particular way to change the TCP/IP settings. What is the logic here? Then, how are the changes made permanent? Which files all in all are affected? In /etc, /etc/sysconfig, /etc/rc.d? Elsewhere? When do you need to run '/etc/init.d/network restart'? Or is '...reload' sometimes enough (they are the same in my RH9)? How about ifdown/ifup only? (BTW, why don'...

Network restarts
I'm running a linuxbox firewall/router at home that is always on. However when I power up a client computer on the LAN connected to the router-box the network is dead, no traffic, no ping and so on. I found the workaround for this is to do a: ifdown eth0 ; ifup eth0 (eth0 beeing the nic for the LAN) on the router-box. This "wakes up" the connection and everything is fine. I tested both linux and winXP and in both cases I get a "dead" network on powerup or reboot. Its slightly annoying to go through this procedure everytime so any help on the matter would be nice. Fr...

Lost Network
(resending as Xpost - don't seem to be able to get it into csa.networking) Since I lost all my boot file on the RPC and had to rebuild it from bits and pieces I can't get onto the network (router). from command line *show Inet* Inet$Error : Route: writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable and so I get an error message on booting up. Am I short of a module or something somewhere? TIA -- ....ElaineJ... Briallen Gifts/Cards catalogue at http://www.briallen.co.uk ....Virtual... Corn Dollies, Cards, Coasters, Mousemats, Kids' Tshirts ...StrongArm.. Jones' Pages ...

Nothing
Nothing people. No, no, - no, really, no, no, really. Nothing. Nothing to write about. Been to amiga.org nothiing there, nothing to say, nothig to comment on except old Jimbo but that was yesterday. So, for now bidding adieu to the huns, and safely of to the base. --+-- narayan --+-- ...

Lost Network
Since I lost all my boot file on the RPC and had to rebuild it from bits and pieces I can't get onto the network (router). from command line *show Inet* Inet$Error : Route: writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable and so I get an error message on booting up. Am I short of a module or something somewhere? TIA -- ....ElaineJ... Briallen Gifts/Cards catalogue at http://www.briallen.co.uk ....Virtual... Corn Dollies, Cards, Coasters, Mousemats, Kids' Tshirts ...StrongArm.. Jones' Pages at http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/ejones ....RISC PC... Corwe...

Can't see anything in Network Neighborhood, but network still works. HELP!
I've got a SOHO network with 3 machines running Win98SE talking to a D-Link router with a DSL connection. Up until this week, everything worked fine. And it still does With one exception. None of the 3 machines can see anything in Network Neighborhood. No 'Entire Network', nothing. Drives that were shared between various machines still get mounted at startup and work with no problems. However, no new drives can be shared since they can't be seen. All machines can still get to the Internet.. Powering down and rebooting everything makes no difference. Nothing i...

Lost sysadmin, but I still have it???
SQL Server 2000 SP5a on Windows 2000 SP4 Friday morning we discovered that we no longer have sysadmin privileges. We were able to query the syslogins table. In the output we can clearly see that our accounts do have the sysadmin privileges, since there is a 1 in that column. But yet we do not have sysadmin privs!?!?!?!??!?!? Puzzling. We are not able to get into the SA account, since no one knows the password. But we are in BUILTIN/Administrators, and we have many SQL Server authenticated accounts with sysadmin privs. But yet none of them seem to have the privilege. Saturday I was ab...