FC3 lost networking;restart/reboot and still nothing

FC3 update earlier this morning

Now I can not get reconnected with either my emailer or web browser

I been trying to get Samba working
I had read that by disabling my FC3 fire wall I could get some portion
of it to work. That did occur. I got my XP to connect to the FC3
machine. I couldn't get my FC3 box to connect to my XP.

Wtih the firewall off on my FC3 box it at one point did show the FC3
workgroup ( Fedorac3 ) and the XP workgroup ( Sunrise ). Thsese
workgroups are still listing from/on the XP box.

hopefully that's enough background

I lost... can not get my FC3 box to connect to the internet.

eth0 is
 From GNOME menu:
system settings-server settings-service-network restarts
system settings-secruity level- Fire wall options (tab) is back on
I checked trusted services for
I don't know if these were checked before but I believe at least HTTP;
mail (STMP) and I think eth0 were checked
HTTP
FTB
SSH
Mail (STMP)

hardware
eth0

However I didn't make a paper or mental record of what services to open.

It lists HTTP; FTP; SSM; Mail server; and in another section eth0 ( I'm
doing this all from memory rather than running over to the other room to
check this listing)

I was all messing with
system settings - security level-SELinux - Service protection
where I checked the box to disable protection for DHCP
that has since be put back to UN checked

That's the best I can recall that I've tried changing and have restored
(trying to get samba working)

AND so now I can not get connected to the internet now with either my
emailer or web browsers

What has happened?
I don't want to have to go back and reinstall FC3
0
craig1 (6)
1/14/2005 7:07:51 PM
comp.os.linux.networking 15610 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

> I don't want to have to go back and reinstall FC3
won't have to
just got it going
under
system services - network configuration - devices - router
I reset it to automaticly get DHCP address

It was working prior to this using a static address.

hum
0
craig1 (6)
1/14/2005 7:31:56 PM
just restored it by resetting network configuration - router -
automaticly get DHCP from a static address it was working from.

hum
0
craig1 (6)

lost my imail
I deleted loads of mail from trash, then tried compacting mailboxes although nothing seemed to happen. The next time I opened Eudora 6.2.1.2 I got a message saying my inbox toc was corrupted and did I want to rebuild it? I said yes and was welcomed with an empty inbox. I had about 20 emails in there, some of which need replies. Is there any way to retrieve them please? -- Free washing machine help and advice. Free washing machine reviews. Buy washing machine parts. www.washerhelp.co.uk [remove mymask_ to email] On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:13:25 GMT, xyZed <xyzed@mymask_xy...

Bizzare network behavioir
Backround: Server A is in a DMZ connected to a Netscreen 10, Trusted port is connected to a 3Com 3C16980 Switched hub. Server B is connected to another port on the hub, I also have a 10bt network connected to yet a third port, which have serveral servers connected, (some separated by a Bridge to isolate traffic. Here's the problem, When I copy a large file from Server B to Server A I see complete data packets on the subnet connected to the third port, including on the otherside of the bridge. Any ideas where I should look??? Barry Streets ...

Eudora mail lost; how to restore with Time Machine?
I just lost all my Eudora mail and settings. I have a Time Machine backup of my HD as of last night. How do I use TM to get Eudora back to where it was last night? I just selected Eudora Folder from last night and hit Restore, got out of TM, opened Eudora, and still have no mail or settings. Thanks for help. Don In article <270520132118563824%Don@noplace.net>, Don Tuttle <dontuttle@com.com> wrote: >I just lost all my Eudora mail and settings. I have a Time Machine >backup of my HD as of last night. How do I use TM to get Eudora back to >where it was last nig...

neural network #48
am doing project using neural network error back propagation algo. am having one problem it is taking random weight values and the network. can i modify that weight and save that weight sothat always it will not take any random weight next time. provide me solution for this plzzzzzzzzzz thanks in advance On Nov 12, 3:49=A0am, "Amir " <amir_...@yahoo.co.in> wrote: > am doing project using neural network error back propagation algo. am hav= ing one problem it is taking random weight values and the network. can i mo= dify that weight and save that weight sothat always it will...

FC3
What's new in FC3? and is there a site that tells you what the new features are? rollo wrote: > What's new in FC3? and is there a site that tells you what the new > features are? http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/2.91/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en.html ...

neural network toolbox not working with PCT in 2010b

intermittent network
hey hey, Here is the deal, Two machines both running XP Pro, two ethernet cards, exactly the same, one in each machine, One crossover cable connecting the 2 of them. Now... Half the time the machines are not connected at all, then suddenly out of nowhere a bubble will appear that says "Local Area connection Connected 100mbps" and it'll maybe stay there for 1 minute or 20 minutes depending on how it feels. Then a message shall come up saying "Network cable unplugged!" When no-one has been near the cable and it is certainly not unplugged!! When I set up the netw...

One handler for multiple controls' got focus/lost focus events
Hello, all, I'm not sure there is an easy way around this but I thought I'd ask first before doing it the hard way. I have a VB6 app for data-entry that has dozens of forms and thousands of controls, most of which are textboxes. What I have decided to do is to add color to the program to aid visual identification of the active control and readability. What I've done for the initial testing is to put code on one form, in each textbox control's GotFocus and LostFocus event. This, of course, works great, but it's very time consuming to enter the code and then to set the con...

IBM 300PL FreeBSD 5.3 reboot
Hi, I have a IBM 300PL, when I do shutdown -r now . It doesn't reboot it just kinda shuts down and freezes. How can I enable rebooting on a IBM 300pl with FreeBSD 5.3 Sincerely, Brendhan ...

Linux advocates are nothing but liars
Notice the pattern in comp.os.linux.advocacy (usenet's dump area)? paul cooke Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am leaving this group! http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=22202040.nDdZYiy8Ds%40cooke-main-box.madhouse But continues to post here, as if nothing happened. Jazz (fortytwo@theanswer.net) Another linux lying bitch who got his spanked punk ass kicked out of the group for being the most annoying unoriginal idiot. I'm orff! (sic) http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=blprpq%24qsq%241%40news.worldonline.be But continues to post his crap here as "The Entity Fo...

creating rpm in fc3
Hello, I've got some software that i'd like to make in to an rpm and am looking for a procedure for doing this on fc3. The stuff i have is for rh8 and i doubt it is still valid since it is saying about rpm3. I'm hoping this is as simple as possible. Thanks. Dave. On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:57:18 +0000, dave wrote: > Hello, > I've got some software that i'd like to make in to an rpm and am looking > for a procedure for doing this on fc3. The stuff i have is for rh8 and i > doubt it is still valid since it is saying about rpm3. I'm hoping this is as &g...

Mac printing to Hp Laserjet 4500 over Ethernet network
Hi, I have just come back from a job. I have 3 Mac's on an Ethernet network, I have loaded the software on all the Mac's for the HP LJ 4500 colour and the Mac's can see the printer, but cannot print. An error appears: 'Network Host 192.168.0.15 (IP address of printer) is busy will try again in 30 seconds' I am sure it's the printer configurations, but I cannot find the problem, can anyone help? Cheers * posted via http://www.mymac.ws * please report abuse to http://xinbox.com/mymac On 2005-12-15 17:34:00 -0500, myitman@tiscali.co-dot-uk.no-spam.inv...

US-TX-Austin: Data Center Admin, Win2K admin/network, SQL Server 2K, TCP/IP; C-P (45305557616)
US-TX-Austin: Data Center Admin, Win2K admin/network, SQL Server 2K, TCP/IP; C-P (45305557616) ============================================================================================== Position: Data Center Admin Reference: SMC01464 Location: Austin TX Duration: C-P Skills: Windows 2000 administration and networking Active Directory and DNS Internet Information Services SQL Server 2000 and clustering TCP/IP, routing, switching, and firewall networking technologies Exten...

VPN Mind-Bender for the best Network Admins
Hi All. I stumbled into a vpn network situation I don't know how to handle... any help would be appreciated. A server that was handling Routing and remote access went down, and the previous admin somehow had that box set up to forward VPN connections over to the Win 2003 AD server. Thinking I'd just eliminate the broken box, I set up the AD server with a VPN through a "custom" on routing and remote access. I can resolve a vpn connection internally (10.0.1.3) but not externally (72.56.23.x). I'm sure that port 1723 is forwarded, and have had our ISP (who contr...

Lost in translation
Scilab aims at being a free Matlab competitor. Interestingly, the word Matlab does not appear in the Scilab home page! Maybe because the gap between Matlab and Scilab becomes larger and larger. Just have a look at the Mathworks release notes or count the number of available toolboxes! Anyway, a clever policy would be to make Scilab compatible with Matlab. As the syntax has been mostly taken from Matlab, this task does not appear to be a huge work! Instead, the Scilab team has chosen to develop complex Matlab->Scilab and Scilab->Matlab translators. The result is a huge directo...

Kenlighten
Dear friends, I am writing to share with you about a unique social knowledge network - Kenlighten http://www.kenlighten.com . At Kenlighten you can register for a free account and create online tutorials in your area of expertise by uploading your ebooks, presentations, articles, videos, audio files. You can also use the Kenlighten Presentation tool to make online presentations. Put your price on your tutorial and earn or give it away for free. Further, you can create online communities, network with other members and learn from other members. So do visit http://www.kenlighten.com and subsc...

Compter Networking Degree
I just finished High School and I have been thinking about going to collage and getting a coputer newtoking degree. The job field that I have been looking at has to do with computer security (either working for the military, goverment or in the privit section). I was woundering if this would be worth my time (what is the job market like), what collaged would be good to go to and and just any othe helpfull information. Thanks Teacum Teacum, You may wish to investigate 2004 Cisco Salary and Compensation: http://www.bradreese.com/compensation-database.htm including Cisco Jobs: http://ww...

HELP does Linux support this wireless network card or not?
I've been trying to get my wireless network card working under Linux FOR YEARS (talk about TCO! :-( ). Recently, I installed Linux-2.6.7 thinking it would finally support my card. I believe the card is called Intersil Prism 2.5 and it's a mini-PCI card (It's permanently inside my laptop). In any case, `lspci` shows that the card is present: 02:0d.0 Network controller: Harris Semiconductor: Unknown device 3873 (rev 01) Subsystem: Citicorp TTI: Unknown device 1169 Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11 Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetc...

Question for network gurus.
I have an older router and was wondering what ip addresses are usually used to communicate and configure routers via browsers? It's an older aopen model and I lost the manual:( -- Nicolas In article <6T0Kg.7126$9u.93067@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, Nashton <nananan@nb.ca> wrote: > I have an older router and was wondering what ip addresses are usually > used to communicate and configure routers via browsers? > It's an older aopen model and I lost the manual:( It's usually either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, but if the router has been specially configured,...

Network drive API
Hello Does anyone knows where to get the definition of the API for a network drive which a Microsoft- or Novellclient for DOS implements ? I'm thinking about host files access for DOS under QEmu (PC-Emulator) over a specialized device. So, is there any list which functions DOS provides for the applications to access the files on a network share. I searched the web and didn't get the information I was looking for. Thank in advance Andreas On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:27:39 +0000 (UTC), Andreas Bollhalder <bolle@smile.ch> wrote: > So, is there any list whic...

[News] Opera's Blobrowser for GNU/Linux is Still No Firefox

Timer callback execution lost in multithreading
I am posting this to see if anybody has had similar problems with 2007b or later (when Matlab became multithreaded)... I execute this code in the interpretor: >>t = timer('Period', 1, 'timerfc', 'disp(''hello'')',... 'executionmode', 'fixeddelay', 'busymode', 'error'); >>start(t); The callback occurs a few times (I say "a few" because it could be 1, 5 or 10034, there does not seem to be any reason to it), and the appears to get "lost". When I query the timer, it claims...

Private network between zones
I want to define a private network between 2 on more zones on the same physical server... I don't want to use a physical interface, since this installation may be duplicated on the same network and cause IP collision Can I craete a virtual interface? instances on lo0??? I need routing between the zones, but access from outsize is not mandatory... Thanks shaynis@gmail.com writes: > I want to define a private network between 2 on more zones on the same > physical server... Zones share the single kernel, so for the same reason that it doesn't quite make sense to talk about c...

Remote power off without fscking on restart?
Hi, I have about 5 Linux servers in a colocation rack about an hour away from me. Occasionally one will total lockup and I can't ssh into it to reboot it. So my only option is to do a remote power off cycle. The problem is that most of the time it goes into an fsck and requires a console input to get through the fsck. So my question is... Is there a way to prevent it from fscking and getting stuck? Can I set it up so it automatically fsck's without someone at the console? Thanks for you help. Mike Mike Dross <supercell@carolina.rr.com> wrote: > Can I se...

Ralph @ Home : some sort of credit DB error seems to have occoured, 2/3rds of people's cumulitve credit may have been lost (so it seems...)
Ralph @ Home : some sort of credit DB error seems to have occurred, 2/3rds of people's cumulative credit may have been lost (so it seems...) ...