FC3 lost networking;restart/reboot and still nothing

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

FC3 update earlier this morning

Now I can not get reconnected with either my emailer or web browser

I been trying to get Samba working
I had read that by disabling my FC3 fire wall I could get some portion
of it to work. That did occur. I got my XP to connect to the FC3
machine. I couldn't get my FC3 box to connect to my XP.

Wtih the firewall off on my FC3 box it at one point did show the FC3
workgroup ( Fedorac3 ) and the XP workgroup ( Sunrise ). Thsese
workgroups are still listing from/on the XP box.

hopefully that's enough background

I lost... can not get my FC3 box to connect to the internet.

eth0 is
 From GNOME menu:
system settings-server settings-service-network restarts
system settings-secruity level- Fire wall options (tab) is back on
I checked trusted services for
I don't know if these were checked before but I believe at least HTTP;
mail (STMP) and I think eth0 were checked
HTTP
FTB
SSH
Mail (STMP)

hardware
eth0

However I didn't make a paper or mental record of what services to open.

It lists HTTP; FTP; SSM; Mail server; and in another section eth0 ( I'm
doing this all from memory rather than running over to the other room to
check this listing)

I was all messing with
system settings - security level-SELinux - Service protection
where I checked the box to disable protection for DHCP
that has since be put back to UN checked

That's the best I can recall that I've tried changing and have restored
(trying to get samba working)

AND so now I can not get connected to the internet now with either my
emailer or web browsers

What has happened?
I don't want to have to go back and reinstall FC3
0
Reply craig1 (6) 1/14/2005 7:07:51 PM

See related articles to this posting

> I don't want to have to go back and reinstall FC3
won't have to
just got it going
under
system services - network configuration - devices - router
I reset it to automaticly get DHCP address

It was working prior to this using a static address.

hum
0
Reply craig1 (6) 1/14/2005 7:31:56 PM

just restored it by resetting network configuration - router -
automaticly get DHCP from a static address it was working from.

hum
0
Reply craig1 (6) 1/14/2005 7:34:14 PM
comp.os.linux.networking 15606 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

after reboot, network is lost
Hi, I am facing a strange problem in my office LAN. When I reboot any computer, network connection is lost. There are 2 ways I could find to get away with it 1) ping <gateway_ip> for about 10-15 minutes and the network is restored. 2) remove network cable and put it again. Network gets restored after 2-3 minutes. Once, network is restored, it works without any problem till I reboot next time. Has anyone faced similar problem already? Can anyone suggest me ways to troubleshoot actual root cause of this problem? Currently I am using Fedora7 as desktop OS Thanks, Ravi ...

Patch Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot
Why the fsck does every fricken single M$ patch require a reboot!! Does Micro$oft not understand the massive pain in the ass that is required to schedule and coordinate downtime with users and reboot 100's of servers in a data center? __/ [ Freeride ] on Wednesday 04 April 2007 04:33 \__ > Why the fsck does every fricken single M$ patch require a reboot!! Does > Micro$oft not understand the massive pain in the ass that is required to > schedule and coordinate downtime with users and reboot 100's of servers in > a data center? As AB says, reboot Microsoft. I think that Vi...

Network Shares lost after reboot
I recently got a Mac at work running on a Windows network environment. I have managed to easily connect to the network drives and shares that I need, but they are lost everytime I restart the mac. I have to back through the steps of adding them each time. Its quite a pain seeing as how I have many shares that I need to access each time. I'm pretty sure its just something that I am missing as I'm not all that familiar with Macs yet... and i'm sure the answer is obvious... but of course, I don't know it =) Anybody care to shed some light on this? Thanks! In article <c9894...

When do I deen to restart the network initialization? To reboot?
Is there any documentation available about the run-time state of the TCP/IP networking subsystem? Especially, which changes to the settings work immediately after "ifconfig" or "route". Or any other particular way to change the TCP/IP settings. What is the logic here? Then, how are the changes made permanent? Which files all in all are affected? In /etc, /etc/sysconfig, /etc/rc.d? Elsewhere? When do you need to run '/etc/init.d/network restart'? Or is '...reload' sometimes enough (they are the same in my RH9)? How about ifdown/ifup only? (BTW, why don'...

boot, reboot, reboot, reboot, reboot, reboot, reboot, reboot: Linux just works
"On the 8th boot I finally got Ubuntu 8.04 to run and am posting this from it." #124 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=13 * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo: > "On the 8th boot I finally got Ubuntu 8.04 to run and am posting this > from it." > > #124 at > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=13 What strikes me about these guys is the total thrashing. They don't even both to check md5sums, or even post how they got the images and what kind of images they a...

Windows = Reboot, Reboot, Reboot.
I have to reboot my Windows computer over and over. So many crashes that my on/off button is getting worn out. Of course if you don't mind losing work 3 to 4 times a day, get Windows. TAB poked his little head through the XP firewall and said: > I have to reboot my Windows computer over and over. So many > crashes that my on/off button is getting worn out. > > Of course if you don't mind losing work 3 to 4 times a day, > get Windows. Now we're getting "Bizarro" trolls (reverse trolls). [For background on the term "bizarro": http:/...

Network restarts
I'm running a linuxbox firewall/router at home that is always on. However when I power up a client computer on the LAN connected to the router-box the network is dead, no traffic, no ping and so on. I found the workaround for this is to do a: ifdown eth0 ; ifup eth0 (eth0 beeing the nic for the LAN) on the router-box. This "wakes up" the connection and everything is fine. I tested both linux and winXP and in both cases I get a "dead" network on powerup or reboot. Its slightly annoying to go through this procedure everytime so any help on the matter would be nice. Fr...

Lost Network
(resending as Xpost - don't seem to be able to get it into csa.networking) Since I lost all my boot file on the RPC and had to rebuild it from bits and pieces I can't get onto the network (router). from command line *show Inet* Inet$Error : Route: writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable and so I get an error message on booting up. Am I short of a module or something somewhere? TIA -- ....ElaineJ... Briallen Gifts/Cards catalogue at http://www.briallen.co.uk ....Virtual... Corn Dollies, Cards, Coasters, Mousemats, Kids' Tshirts ...StrongArm.. Jones' Pages ...

Nothing
Nothing people. No, no, - no, really, no, no, really. Nothing. Nothing to write about. Been to amiga.org nothiing there, nothing to say, nothig to comment on except old Jimbo but that was yesterday. So, for now bidding adieu to the huns, and safely of to the base. --+-- narayan --+-- ...

Lost Network
Since I lost all my boot file on the RPC and had to rebuild it from bits and pieces I can't get onto the network (router). from command line *show Inet* Inet$Error : Route: writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable and so I get an error message on booting up. Am I short of a module or something somewhere? TIA -- ....ElaineJ... Briallen Gifts/Cards catalogue at http://www.briallen.co.uk ....Virtual... Corn Dollies, Cards, Coasters, Mousemats, Kids' Tshirts ...StrongArm.. Jones' Pages at http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/ejones ....RISC PC... Corwe...

Reboot reboot
I occasionally run XP Pro on my laptop running under vmware. I wanted to print to some local printers. Just couldn't do it so I ask one of the Windows admins to help me. You need to belong to a Windows domain he tells me. He needs to add my Windows hostname to the active directory server or some such first. As I'm using NAT under vmware I give him the hostname of my Linux laptop. After that is done he tells me to right click on My Computer and select Properties. There's a tab with hostname and domain plus something else I don't remember. The hostname I gave Windows wasn't...

Can't see anything in Network Neighborhood, but network still works. HELP!
I've got a SOHO network with 3 machines running Win98SE talking to a D-Link router with a DSL connection. Up until this week, everything worked fine. And it still does With one exception. None of the 3 machines can see anything in Network Neighborhood. No 'Entire Network', nothing. Drives that were shared between various machines still get mounted at startup and work with no problems. However, no new drives can be shared since they can't be seen. All machines can still get to the Internet.. Powering down and rebooting everything makes no difference. Nothing i...

Hitler lost. Ceausescu lost. Mussolini lost. Bush lost.
The great killers, so blind, so stupid. So arrogant. So compulsive. So wrong. ...

restart/reboot the computer
Hi all, I have a tool that after it is finishes it's job the computer needs to be restarted. Is there a Windows function that I can call (for Win2k,xp,2003) that shows the restart dialog? (something similar like the dialog from the installation programs that ask you to restart now or later and by selecting reboot now the computer is restarted)? Thx in advance, Viv Take a look at ExitWindowEx Ali R. "vc" <vcotirlea@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11e7a684.0401080535.51aa560c@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > > I have a tool that after it is finishes it's...

still a networking newbie
Okay.... I just want to play a Freeverse card game with another member of the household. Both machines are on 9.2.2. Well, there are three, actually, all connected to a "dumb" ethernet hub. I"m not trying to connect the third one, though. The Freeverse game (Hearts Deluxe, version 7.1.2.) allows network play over a "local" network. They give no inscrutions though. Do I set the TCP/IP control panel to "AppleTalk (MacIP)" or "Etherenet"? --or can I do it either way? Depending on how I set the TCP/IP control panel, how do I set the AppleTalk contr...

Network problems after reboot
Hi, I've got a server which preforms NAT and runs a webserver. I've got it working for about 46 days, but them my little brother reset my server and now it doesn't work anymore. Here's the problem, the network seems to function fine but after about 10 mins from the client computer boot up the netwerk between the server and that client goes down. I've i ping the server from the server it complains about no route to host under linux and just times out on windows.... I've i ping from the server to my client the network goes up again ! I've got a dualboot on my pc with...

Lost sysadmin, but I still have it???
SQL Server 2000 SP5a on Windows 2000 SP4 Friday morning we discovered that we no longer have sysadmin privileges. We were able to query the syslogins table. In the output we can clearly see that our accounts do have the sysadmin privileges, since there is a 1 in that column. But yet we do not have sysadmin privs!?!?!?!??!?!? Puzzling. We are not able to get into the SA account, since no one knows the password. But we are in BUILTIN/Administrators, and we have many SQL Server authenticated accounts with sysadmin privs. But yet none of them seem to have the privilege. Saturday I was ab...

Unnecessary reboots/restarts
Just after christmas, I bought a new computer for a very good friend of mine who used to run a deli near where I work. It's a Stratitec CPU Builders el-cheapo system that Sams Club/Walmart put out. It runs what appears to be a variant of RedHat. I found it exceptionally amusing that after hearing people bitch about unnecessary reboots on Windows, it asked me to logout and reboot the X Server when I changed the display to 1280x1024 in "Millions of Colors". That's lame. Booting up: http://home.earthlink.net/~simoncooke/img/linux1.jpg Changing the display preferences: http:/...

VolGroup01 is lost after reboot
Hi, I am setting up a Redhat on IBM server x3650 with a large storage EXP3000. I can configure the large storage by webios provided LSI MegaRAID controller. And I configured the EXP3000 disks to VolGroup01 in Redhat LVM. It works fine. But after I reboot, I always see such an error. ***************************************************************************= ** fsck.ext3: No such file or directory /dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00: The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not...

Lost network connection
Today I accidently kicked the plug for my router, and it shut down. I plugged it back in, but I noticed my main computer lost the internet connection. I powered down my modem, my router, and rebooted the two computers connected to the router. I have a D-Link 704 wired router, connected to a US Robotics cable modem. I'm running WINME on the main computer, and Win98 on the second. My second computer can connect no problem, but the main computer cannot. I can't ping my router, nothing.....it cannot communicate outside at all. I plugged the cable modem directly into the compu...

Lost Network #2
(re sending - doesn't seem to have arrived) Since I lost all my boot file on the RPC and had to rebuild it from bits and pieces I can't get onto the network (router). from command line *show Inet* Inet$Error : Route: writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable and so I get an error message on booting up. Am I short of a module or something somewhere? TIA -- ....ElaineJ... Briallen Gifts/Cards catalogue at http://www.briallen.co.uk ....Virtual... Corn Dollies, Cards, Coasters, Mousemats, Kids' Tshirts ...StrongArm.. Jones' Pages at http://w...

lost network connection
Hello All, I think I broke my internet connection to the network when I tried to configure /etc/exports for NFS configuration. Is there a way to restore default settings of linux redHat 9? I have the installation CD but Iam not sure where to start. I did the following to my linux box: 1. Add the following line in /etc/exports: /opt/hardhat/devkit/arm/xscale_be/target *(rw,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) please note: That was the only line in /etc/exports 2. I Restart the NFS daemon. /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs restart 3. I Set the NFS daemon to run on every boot. I Used the com...

restart/reboot the computer
Hi all, I have a tool that after it is finishes it's job the computer needs to be restarted. Is there a Windows function that I can call (for Win2k,xp,2003) that shows the restart dialog? (something similar like the dialog from the installation programs that ask you to restart now or later and by selecting reboot now the computer is restarted)? Thx in advance, Viv "vc" <vcotirlea@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11e7a684.0401080536.12780353@posting.google.com... ExitWindowsEx() try msdn.microsoft.com > Hi all, > > I have a tool that aft...

Suse: reboot, freeze, reboot, freaks out, reboot, kernel panic, reboot, finally works
"Huumm when I turn the power off to my computer after normal shutdown, and I want to start up again, I get the following: It first stops/freezes on PCI, then I do a reboot, it just freaks, then do reboot and kernel panic. And then do reboot and it works normal again. It takes between about 3 and 5 times for it to start running again." http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=46044&hl= ...