FTP and Kerberos - Kerberos V4 krb_mk_req !!

Hi,
I get the following Kerberos related error
when i do FTP from another machine(redhat 9.0)
to my machine(redhat 9.0).

How to solve this problem ?
Should i Need to start/stop some daemons ?

here is what happens when i do FTP !!! --------->>>>>>>>> Here is it .....>>>>

Connected to 107.108.89.173.
220 localhost.localdomain FTP server (Version 5.60)
ready.
334 Using authentication type GSSAPI; ADAT must follow
GSSAPI accepted as authentication type
GSSAPI error major: Miscellaneous failure
GSSAPI error minor: No credentials cache found
GSSAPI error: initializing context
GSSAPI authentication failed
334 Using authentication type KERBEROS_V4; ADAT must
follow
KERBEROS_V4 accepted as authentication type
Kerberos V4 krb_mk_req failed: You have no tickets
cached
Name (107.108.89.173:karthik): bye
530 Must perform authentication before identifying
USER.
Login failed.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.

---------------->>> That was the msg that i got .........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't know what is going on my ftp server if I try
to connect it shows that error.

Should Both the machines have kerberos installed , i dont think it is
mandatory .
should i need to do some configuration in initialisation files ?

Kindly anyone tell a soln,
karthik bala guru
comp.os.linux.networking 15677 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

I got it solved. It is mandatory if one side is kerberos authenticated then
the other side should have the support the decrypt the keys.
Then,
U can access other system if u have kerberos around you and
the others dont have it .
Then,
u can uninstall kerberos, with just wu-ftpd - a normal ftp  without
kerberos enabled.

Cheeeeers,
thanx for ur support,
karthik bala guru