how to mount linux partition in OS X via samba

Hi, i'm trying to mount my linux hd in my OSX system without results,
i'm using redhat 9 i setup the samba server via GUI, and assign a
user, but when i try to mount it in OSX via samba , i can't see it in
the window, and i type smb//192.168.3.1/home/user it shows me the
window asking for workgroup, user, and password, i type them but i
can't login, send me error = 36
It shows up in winxp, but when i try to mount it send error too, about
not enough privileges, i put the ip of both machines in the line of
hosts allowed, in smb.conf, what am i doing wrong?, or how's the right
way?, thanks in advance
0
elduran (9)

On 26 Jan 2004 20:44:14 -0800,
    elduran (elduran@hotmail.com) wrote:
> Hi, i'm trying to mount my linux hd in my OSX system without results,
> i'm using redhat 9 i setup the samba server via GUI, and assign a
> user, but when i try to mount it in OSX via samba , i can't see it in
> the window, and i type smb//192.168.3.1/home/user it shows me the
> window asking for workgroup, user, and password, i type them but i
> can't login, send me error = 36

I don't know anything about WinXP, but here's how I mount my Samba
exported home directory.

smb://ip_address/user (i.e. you don't need /home/user)

I can also reach it as smb://MATABELELAND/user (see below)

I didn't configure my Samba server with any GUI tool, but here's the
relevant sections of my smb.conf on the Linux box.

[global]
        workgroup = WINSLOW
        netbios name = MATABELELAND
        server string = Matabeleland Samba Server
        interfaces = 192.168.0.0/24 127.0.0.1/24
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log level = 1
        log file = /var/log/samba/samba.%I
        max log size = 50
        name resolve order = lmhosts host bcast
        time server = Yes
        os level = 65
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        guest account = ftp
        hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.0.0.1
        print command = lpr -r -Plp %s
        lpq command = lpq -Plp
        lprm command = lprm -Plp %j

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

On my Mac, I edited /etc/smb.conf by hand, and restarted nmbd/smbd.
Here's what /etc/smbd.conf looks like:

[global]
  workgroup = WINSLOW
  netbios name = MANICALAND
  server string = Manicaland Samba Server
  guest account = unknown
  encrypt passwords = yes
   dos charset = 437
   unix charset = UTF-8-MAC
   auth methods = guest opendirectory
   passdb backend = opendirectorysam guest
   printer admin = @admin, @staff

[homes]
   comment = User Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   read only = no
   create mode = 0750

Hope this helps,
Beverly
--
Bev A. Kupf
Tintin turns 75 <http://www.tintin.com>
elduran <elduran@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i'm trying to mount my linux hd in my OSX system without results,
> i'm using redhat 9 i setup the samba server via GUI, and assign a
> user, but when i try to mount it in OSX via samba , i can't see it in

Mh, OSX is AFAIK based on *BSD, wouldn't one want to use NFS for
file sharing, since that is the way *nix systems share FS.

The NFS HOWTO (www.tldp.org) should be helpful.

--
Michael Heiming

inconvenience, but I get tons of SPAM
0
USENET22 (5551)
1/27/2004 7:20:30 AM
elduran wrote:

> Hi, i'm trying to mount my linux hd in my OSX system without results,
> i'm using redhat 9 i setup the samba server via GUI, and assign a
> user, but when i try to mount it in OSX via samba , i can't see it in
> the window, and i type smb//192.168.3.1/home/user it shows me the
> window asking for workgroup, user, and password, i type them but i
> can't login, send me error = 36
> It shows up in winxp, but when i try to mount it send error too, about
> not enough privileges, i put the ip of both machines in the line of
> hosts allowed, in smb.conf, what am i doing wrong?, or how's the right
> way?, thanks in advance

This sounds like an authentication problem to me, but I'm not positive of
that. You need to do one of two things on the Samba end:

1) Set it up to use unencrypted (cleartext) passwords by setting the
   smb.conf parameter "encrypt passwords = No" and be sure you're
   using a valid Linux account.
2) Set it up to use encrypted passwords by setting the smb.conf
   parameter "encrypt passwords = Yes" and then add a user to the
   Samba password database by typing "smbpasswd -a user", where "user"
   is the username you want to add.

I'm not sure how Mac OS X responds to unencrypted passwords, but Windows
XP definitely doesn't like them; it requires encrypted passwords. Thus,
you'll probably want to do #2. (You can change a Registry entry so that
WinXP will accept unencrypted passwords, though. Samba ships with a
sample .REG file to do the job in a documentation directory.)

--
Rod Smith, rodsmith@rodsbooks.com
http://www.rodsbooks.com

> Hi, i'm trying to mount my linux hd in my OSX system without results,
> i'm using redhat 9 i setup the samba server via GUI, and assign a
> user, but when i try to mount it in OSX via samba , i can't see it in
> the window, and i type smb//192.168.3.1/home/user it shows me the

firstly, double check your typing. i think it should be 'smb://'
secondly, i don't think you need the /home/ part - instead try:
'smb://192.168.3.1/shared-directory'

> window asking for workgroup, user, and password, i type them but i
> can't login, send me error = 36

first check and see if you have the valid user in your smbpasswd file:
'cat /etc/samba/smbpasswd'
is your user there, with an encrypted password?

if not then (as root):
'smbpasswd -a username'
computer will respond with:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Added user username.

--
- Linux: the choice of a GNU generation
- free; as in free speech and free beer

remove '.eh' to email

A lot of thanks guys, samba it's running, my only concern now is: when
i had the problems i saw the Linux machine icon in the pc and mac, now
that works, can't see the icon, any idea?
0
elduran (9)
1/28/2004 4:39:18 AM
elduran typed:

> A lot of thanks guys, samba it's running, my only concern now is: when
> i had the problems i saw the Linux machine icon in the pc and mac, now
> that works, can't see the icon, any idea?

not sure where you're talking about seeing these icons.
but on the pc try clicking on 'network places' -> then 'entire network' ->
then 'microsoft windows network' -> you should see your 'samba' share
there.

also - make sure that all 3 machines have the same workgroup name.

--
- Linux: the choice of a GNU generation
- free; as in free speech and free beer

remove '.eh' to email

all machines have same workgroup name, and under "microsoft windows
network" just can see the other machines, but no the linux, same
happens when try to see it in OSX "connect to server" window, and i
didn't change the workgroup name, thanks

"johnny bobby bee" <useraddshine.eh@yahoo.ca.eh> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.01.28.07.15.13.292308@yahoo.ca.eh>...
> elduran typed:
>
> > A lot of thanks guys, samba it's running, my only concern now is: when
> > i had the problems i saw the Linux machine icon in the pc and mac, now
> > that works, can't see the icon, any idea?
>
> not sure where you're talking about seeing these icons.
> but on the pc try clicking on 'network places' -> then 'entire network' ->
> then 'microsoft windows network' -> you should see your 'samba' share
> there.
>
> also - make sure that all 3 machines have the same workgroup name.
0
elduran (9)

Running wish remotely on a Linux machine via X on a local Mac OS X
Hi all, I am trying to run wish (Active Tcl version) on a remote Linux machine, to which I DON'T have root access (hence the Active Tcl local binary installation). But it doesn't work. Can someone help me? Here is what I do I start X on my Mac at home. From an xterm in local X, I log in remotely with "ssh -X". Then I try to run wish remotely and I get the following: (1) levo:~ [0]% export DISPLAY=localhost:11.0 (0) levo:~ [0]% ./ActiveTcl-8.5/bin/tkcon X Error of failed request: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) Major opcode of failed request: 18 (X_ChangeProperty) Atom id in failed request: 0xa6 Serial number of failed request: 12 Current serial number in output stream: 15 TIA ! A quick update and forgive the top quote, but it seems to be due to a crappy Mac OS X Darwim thing, and works fine from Ubuntu. -W On Apr 25, 3:07=A0pm, "Webb S." <webb.spra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to run wish (Active Tcl version) on a remote Linux > machine, to which I DON'T have root access (hence the Active Tcl local > binary installation). > > But it doesn't work. =A0Can someone help me? > > Here is what I do > > I start X on my Mac at home. > > From an xterm in local X, I log in remotely with "ssh -X". > > Then I try to run wish remotely and I get the following: > > (1) levo:~ [0]% export DISPLAY=3Dlocalhost:11.0 > (0) levo:~ [0]% ./ActiveTcl-8....

OS X, Linux Samba Server blues
I maintain network of heterogeneous computers. Most are PC's running Win2k, but I also have a Mac, Windows and Linux enterprise equipment. This is my setup: Linux File Server (Samba 2.2.x) 30 Win2k Clients *1* Mac OSX 10.2.6 client Here is my problem, and I don't think it has been like this the entire time my user has been on the network, so I'm thinking it could be a version update issue ....but I digress... When we try to copy any file of size greater than .5mb, the transfer is painfully slow. Putting files on the file server is not an issue, since the transfer rate is similar ...

Choosing the right OS between Mac OS X, Linux dist, Win
Hi Guys, I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 5100 P4-2.8 GHz (1.25 GB RAM, 40GB HDD). Its been running fine with some heating problems, and a few fresh installations of win-xp needed. Now, I have a need to buy a second laptop (it has to be a laptop since I am moving place to place every few months). Thats when I hit the question.. What to buy... Well, before anything else, I should mention my intended usage of the system... - Running software like - Oracle 10g Server, - Oracle Warehouse Builder - Some ETL tools... - some shell programming - some perl programming - lots of...

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

OS Smackdown: Linux vs OS X vs Vista vs XP
Mount your soapboxes fanboys of all denominations - It's playtime... OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Windows Vista vs. Windows XP Since the dawn of time - or, at least, the dawn of personal computers - the holy wars over desktop operating systems have raged, with each faction proclaiming the unrivaled superiority of its chosen OS and the vile loathsomeness of all others. No matter how fierce the language or convincing the arguments, however, these battles began to seem somewhat irrelevant to regular working stiffs. While Mac OS, OS/2, Linux and many other desktop operating systems have all had their devotees over the years, the truth is that the majority of home and business users have simply used the current version of Windows as a matter of course. Windows Vista has changed all that. Never has a Microsoft operating system been greeted with such a lack of enthusiasm from consumers and businesses alike. Whether it's because of Vista's confusing array of versions, its hefty hardware requirements, its driver issues or its invasive security features, users are resisting the upgrade to Vista and considering other options, from Mac OS X to Linux to just sticking with Windows XP, thank you very much. Suddenly, the OS wars have a new relevance. That's why we've asked four experts to lay out their best arguments in support of their desktop operating systems of choice. Each is positive that his operating system is the best and will try his hardest to c...

OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP
OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP Michael DeAgonia, Preston Gralla, David Ramel and James Turner, Computerworld http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/147262/os_smackdown_linux_vs_mac_os_x_vs_vista_vs_xp.html In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ablang <ron916@gmail.com> wrote on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:48:30 -0700 (PDT) <1fc9ff8c-d6e9-486b-956b-a34f943d8699@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>: > OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP > > Michael DeAgonia, Preston Gralla, David Ramel and James Turner, > Computerworld > > http://www.pcworld.com/bu...

[News] Many Reasons for Linux on the Server; GNU/Linux Beats Mac OS X

[News] OS X 10.5 / Vista / Linux Comparison Reveals Linux Strength
Engadget Comparison (Mended) ,----[ Quote ] | After reading an article on Engadget comparing OS X 10.5 and Windows Vista, I | decided it would be interesting to compare GNU/Linux with them both. `---- http://fophillips.org/?p=24 Related: The Right Operating System for You ,----[ Quote ] | With its minimal hardware requirements and solid security, Linux can | serve as a bulletproof primary OS. And with painless dual-booting | and virtualization options, including several free and open-source | apps and the kernel-based Xen software, you can easily try out the | latest in Linux without ...

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] [Linux] Mac OS X Becomes More Like Linux, Exposes Big List of Bugs
More Unix in Apple's Leopard ,----[ Quote ] | Among the new features comprising the Leopard's innards Apple points to | the automounter autofs, with the aid of which the Finder will in future | be able to mount remote file systems asynchronously. A new feature of | interest to both professional developers and interested laymen is | DTrace, borrowed from Sun's Solaris, which permits detailed monitoring | of the performance of programs during run-time. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/91448/from/rss09 Like all O/Ses, Apple has many problems in Tiger as well. Watch the list: Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.10 Update ,----[ QUote ] | Apple on Wednesday afternoon released Mac OS X 10.4.10, a free | maintenance update recommended for all PowerPC and Intel-based Mac | computers running versions of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. `---- http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/06/20/apple_releases_mac_os_x_10_4_10_update.html ...

How is Max OS X is different from Linux X ?
Hi all, Just a question. If the Mac os is using Unix in behind. How is Mac OS X is so sterdy and cool as compaired to Linux X? How the fonts, media, application are so stable than of Linux? Cant we recompile the same X for x86? Or the applications for x86? On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:46:48 +0530, Tushar Gokhale wrote: > Hi all, > Just a question. If the Mac os is using Unix in behind. How is Mac OS > X is so sterdy and cool as compaired to Linux X? How the fonts, media, > application are so stable than of Linux? I see no evidence to suggest that it is. Perhaps you have an installation issue. -- "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed." Benjamin Franklin (I didn't know he was a Buddhist) Tushar Gokhale <gokhaletushar@operamail.com> scribbled on the stall wall: > Hi all, > Just a question. If the Mac os is using Unix in behind. How is Mac OS > X is so sterdy and cool as compaired to Linux X? How the fonts, media, > application are so stable than of Linux? Cant we recompile the same X > for x86? Or the applications for x86? iirc, the latest MACOS uses BSD behind the scenes, and many of their programs are variants of GNU codebase. the issue with MAC is that they have/had a rigorous certification process for their hardware. linux tries to work with helter-skelter hardware to varying degrees of success. immagine only having to make your codebase work within a specific, well defined ...

What is the best partition type for OS X, Win2k, Sparc (solaris) and Linux?
I have an external case with USB 2.0 and Firewire connections on it. I installed a 200GB ATA drive in it. My plan is to use this disk as a method of moving my personal files wherever I go. Work, Home, buddies house, etc. I assume that I will be making smaller partitions such as 3 62GB partitions of 4 46.5 (assuming 186GB of usable partition space). Anyone have any insight or experience with this? I searched many newsgroups but couldn't find any articles attmpted to use a portable disk across the OSs I mentioned. Are fat32 partitions the best way to go? Will all partitions be recogni...

IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X?
IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and MAC OS X? I set up SAMBA on the LInux machine and the MAC (running the very latest OSX) can copy files to the SAMBA share at lightning speeds. When I try and copy files from the LInux machine to the Mac they take an eternity. So slow in fact I have to kill the process . I would appreciate any thoughts on why that maybe and also if there is a better way to share files (I guess HTTP-FTP would be the most sensible option ). navti wrote: > IN your opinion what is the best way to share files between LInux and > MAC O...

Install OS X from OS 9.2 and OS X .dmg files
Hi, I have : * the 3 disk images .dmg "Mac OS X 10.3 Panther final install disk 1", 2 and 3 retrieved from the 'chocolate' network (Gnutella), * an iMac with Mac OS 9.2, * a CD-RW drive with HotBurn (Iomega). What would you suggest me to do now to boot my iMac with Panther? Which pieces of the puzzle do I miss? TIA Fr�d�ric tomcat <noone@nodomain.int> wrote: > What would you suggest me to do now to boot my iMac with Panther? Buy the CDs. > Which pieces of the puzzle do I miss? Integrity. -- Mike Rosenberg <http://www.macconsult.co...

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

Run OS X on OS X
I have a new G5 with 4GB of RAM. I have a G3 running WebStar and the machine is showing signs of age. I would like to move it to this new machine but also use this machine for development. I was thinking I could run the webstar and related in a seperate instance of OS X and have that running while I develop in the main OS X instance. Thoughts? -Jason jason.slack@gmail.com (Slack) writes: >I was thinking I could run the webstar and related in a seperate >instance of OS X and have that running while I develop in the main OS >X instance. Sorry, I'm not familiar with webstar, ...

Is Linux better than OS X?
It appears so: http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2436&p=9 In article <brSdnWbYKM4ieT3fRVn-rg@rogers.com>, Tim <mayertj1@no-spam.com> wrote: > It appears so: > > http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2436&p=9 "Workstation, yes; Server, no." Given MySQL's poor performance on OS X Server, I'd not implement a LAMP server on OS X Server. But I've used both platforms as workstations, and I'd rather use OS X for that. So it appears that the question is more complicated than you have room to think about. -- Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com If Macintosh is a luxury cruise ship, then Linux is a freighter with wood paneling in the officers' quarters. ...

Linux Applications for OS X
Hello. I hear that you can get most Linux applications installed for OS X. Does anybody have any experience with a specific application or set of application that just won't work for OS X? Can you get *anything* Linux-based to run on OS X(aside from some obvious exceptions, like Beryl/compiz GNOME, KDE, etc.)? I am wondering if it is worth trying to install Linux as a dual boot, VM, or whatnot, since it seems that most, if not all applications that are written for Linux, can be ported easily, or already are ported, to OS X. Any insights? On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:12:20 +0000, klauer wrote: > Hello. > > I hear that you can get most Linux applications installed for OS X. Does > anybody have any experience with a specific application or set of > application that just won't work for OS X? Can you get *anything* > Linux-based to run on OS X(aside from some obvious exceptions, like > Beryl/compiz GNOME, KDE, etc.)? > > I am wondering if it is worth trying to install Linux as a dual boot, > VM, or whatnot, since it seems that most, if not all applications that > are written for Linux, can be ported easily, or already are ported, to > OS X. > > Any insights? There are apps that will compile under OS X as long as the proper libs and devel libs are present. When I was running OS X on a G3 I compiled a couple of apps (Pan, for one) from a tarball DLed from the Pan page. But I think I was still running them under X, not Aqua. ...

Is this possible?? (OS X Linux)
Has anyone come up with a way of making any of the linux distributions with KDE or Gnome to look like OS X?? FE wrote: > Has anyone come up with a way of making any of the linux distributions > with KDE or Gnome to look like OS X?? Yes. There was a KDE theme called Aqua. ...

OS X, Linux, dreaming...
I'm still dreaming of PowerBASIC for other operating systems.... Please, let me have something faster than REALbasic!!! - CSW Scott Wyatt wrote: > I'm still dreaming of PowerBASIC for other operating systems.... > > Please, let me have something faster than REALbasic!!! > > - CSW They may be good OSes but the size of the market says in your dreams. Lou (You will get more replies if you post to alt.lang.powerbasic and to comp.lang.basic.powerbasic. Not all servers carry alt.lang.powerbasic.) Scott Wyatt wrote: >I'm still dre...

Linux VMPlayer under OS X
Greetings! I've read tidbits here and there about running the Linux version of vmware-player under OS X and I was wondering if anyone had more information about that. I need to run Windows on an intel Mac if possible so any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance, Scott -- Scott * Scott (2006-03-06): > Greetings! > I've read tidbits here and there about running the Linux version of > vmware-player under OS X and I was wondering if anyone had more information > about that. I need to run Windows on an intel Mac if possible so any help > would be most apprecia...

BASIC for OS X / Linux...
I wondering that since YABASIC is open source, would it be possible to update the FLEX/BISON code to closely approximate PB/CC on Linux or (better yet) OS X? I downloaded the Unix source code and purchased a book on lexx/yacc, but I'm pretty sure this is not something for the faint of heart. I'm not pleased with REALbasic and would love to run my existing DOS/Console applications on my Mac and Linux boxes. Since PowerBASIC isn't showing much interest in cross-platform tools, year after year passes and I'm still stuck with only a couple of serious options on ...

Web resources about - how to mount linux partition in OS X via samba - comp.os.linux.networking

Partition and secession in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After the California Constitutional Convention of 1849 applied for statehood in the current boundaries, the South reluctantly acceded to a single, ...

Explainer: Malcolm Turnbull and the incendiary idea to partition Iraq
This week, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull raised eyebrows by professing openness to a very controversial idea. He&nbsp;suggested that a partition ...

[Ermahgerd] Verizon Apps Spotted On The Nexus 6's System Partition After The Android 5.1 Update, Rustled ...
The Internet is in the midst of having a mini hemorrhage over something that, basically, doesn't matter. Shocking, right? It appears that a few ...

Restore files, partitions, broken PCs with Lazesoft Recovery Suite
... That’s all the more surprising when you see how much the program can do. It’s able to recover everything from individual files to entire partitions; ...

How to partition your drive before installing Windows 10
Want to test Windows 10 on your PC? Create a hard drive partition for a worry-free install.

Paragon Software Releases Partition Manager 15
Partition Manager 15 software comes with file system converters to adapt the most common file systems including NTFS, HFS+, and FAT.

Iraq: The 'idea of a soft partition came from the US'
Is Iraq headed towards a partition? The rise of the Islamic State group has highlighted the weakness of the central power.Myriam Benraad is a ...

Jat stir revives Partition nightmare for Rohtak residents
The violent Jat quota agitation has revived painful memories of Partition for many people caught in the two conflicts separated by seven decades. ...

How to partition your Mac to test OS X El Capitan
OS X El Capitan may be in Public Beta now, but that doesn't mean it's 100 percent stable. Here's how to put it somewhere it can't cause problems. ...