How to trace whether spome valuable documents sent from office mail to hotmail / yahoo web based mails

Is there any software or using Linux Box, is there anyway to trace who
sent any mails to web based mails like hotmail and yahoo mail. mailny
some office documents can be sent to these web based mails. How to
trace these things, recently started training center, kept lot of docs
for the students, all these documents were collected by paid money. we
are allowing students to use these docs as part of training, but we
wanted to stop mails can sent to hotmail and yahoo, we provided e-mail
access for students on all these Linux systems, appreciated for any
idea, thanks in advance.

0
globalswamy (188)
12/3/2006 9:36:25 PM
comp.os.linux.networking 15677 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

You can filter/block specific addresses emails with postfix.
either block the IP, or write a forwarding rule to route those
email addresses back to a mail account of yours, then you will know who
and when, and what.
If you are just looking for your docs, then adding a scanning filter for
those attachments would also work.
But if the person uses his own smtp service, you will need to scan all
port 25 traffic also.
Robert

On 2006-12-03, GS <globalswamy@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any software or using Linux Box, is there anyway to trace who
> sent any mails to web based mails like hotmail and yahoo mail.

Set up a transparent proxy, e.g. "squid" though which all web traffic
must go to leave your network. The log files will show which machine
accessed what sites.

> we are allowing students to use these docs as part of training, but we
> wanted to stop mails can sent to hotmail and yahoo, we provided e-mail
> access for students on all these Linux systems, appreciated for any
> idea, thanks in advance.

Squid can also be configured to block access to sites.

--

John (john@os2.dhs.org)
0

Apple Mail or web based mail?
My dsl isp's email address domain is sbcglobal.net, a rewrapping of yahoo account. So far I have been checkimg mail at their web site with safari. I have never used Apple Mail and was wondering it it would be better or more convenient in anyway? Can I download all the folders I have saved at sbc? All opinions appreciated but specially from people who have experience with sbcglobal email. Thanks. Newbie <newbie@no.spam> wrote: > My dsl isp's email address domain is sbcglobal.net, a rewrapping of > yahoo account. So far I have been checkimg mail at their web site with &g...

Trace Web-Based E-mail?
I am trying to verify if the following is possible. Can't seem to get a clear answer from GRC, Comcast, and various newsgroups, so any help appreciated. I am "reliably" informed that it is possible to trace an e-mail message from, for example, a Yahoo e-mail account, to a particular computer using a particular cable modem. Example: An individual using a Comcast cable modem establishes a bogus e-mail account on Yahoo (or similar) and uses this account to send annoying mail to another individual. I am informed that the recipient can use easily available (and non-law-e...

Move mails from Outlook Express to Linux based mail program
Hi. I'm a newbee to Linux and just installed Red Hat 9.0 on one partition of my hard disk, leaving Windows XP on the other. I would very much like to find a way to move my e-mails from MS Outlook Express to a Linux based e-mail program. So I can acces the mails I have already recieved with Outlook Express in the new mail program. How do I do that? Is it possible? Thanks! Lars. Tigger scribbled: > Hi. > > I'm a newbee to Linux and just installed Red Hat 9.0 on one partition of > my hard disk, leaving Windows XP on the other. > > I woul...

Is there a completely RAM based linux distro for web/mail/file server?
I'm trying to build a really quiet box. I've already cut out the stamped fan openings, invested in a great Zalman power supply, under-volted the fans (and down-clocked the CPU), etc. I bought a nice quiet caviar drive, but reading about Knoppix I began to wonder if there is an all-RAM Linux distribution out there that I can run a web, mail, and filer server off of. While I don't expect the files being served up to be in RAM, it would be nice to eliminate all the constant whirring noises associated with standard OS activity (and extend drive life too). Am I making some wrong...

is www.mail.yahoo.com <> mail.yahoo.com
Hello I am a newbie, learning Domain Naming System(DNS). I want to know whether www.mail.yahoo.com is same as mail.yahoo.com. Since www is a subdomain of mail.yahoo.com it must be a different machine. Does it need to be on different IP address. I have seen cases where a subdomain such as www.site.com has same IP address as site.com. Is this normal. What kind of record is need to be created in DNS for this mapping. -- Winners dont do different things, they do things differently. Madhur Ahuja India Homepage : http://madhur.netfirms.com Email : madhur<underscore>ahuja...

Which Linux OS best for beginner to setup as Web / Mail server / Internet sharer and firewall?
We are a small business with no IT employees and have about 20 Windows ME machines. None of that is subject to change. We are installing a DSL line, and when we do, we want to improve the way our Internet is handled. I am planning to try to set up a server which the DSL will connect to, and will run our web site off the server, as well as automatically get our POP3 emails from our outside accounts, and hold them until our local computers want to see them. It should also share the internet connection and run a firewall. We are only considering no cost versions of Linux for this purpose, and we were planning on running either Fedora or White box enterprise Linux. Is there any other no cost Linux that you would suggest would be easier for an absolute beginner (no Linux experience at all) to set up this type of a server on? I know there are specialized mini versions of Linux that only act as sharers and firewalls, etc., but I believe that we will need the flexibility of a full linux to support future expansion as well as the 4 features I mentioned, HTTP Server, POP3, Firewall, and Internet sharing. Feel free to point out if you believe there is a better solution. Also, can Linux speak to most DSL modems, or at the least, can most DSL providers come up with something that will speak to a Linux system? Dave Arbok wrote: > We are a small business with no IT employees and have about 20 Windows > ME machines. None of that is subject to change. We are installing a >...

Web Mail Interface for My Mail Server
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone can help me out here. I am running hmailserver on windows xp and i would like to setup a webmail interface on my server so that my users dont have to use outlook to check emails and can just use thier browsers to do so. I was wondering is there any free plug in available to do something like this? I googled it but everything is php scripts etc and nothing seem to be the right thing. Thanks a lot guys!!!. ...

mail() returns false but mail is sent
I'm doing a bit of work for a guy and on his system the mail() function always returns false, but the mail is sent. Anyone come across this? Any ideas what is causing it and how to fix it? -- Geoff Berrow (put thecat out to email) It's only Usenet, no one dies. My opinions, not the committee's, mine. Simple RFDs http://www.ckdog.co.uk/rfdmaker/ Geoff Berrow wrote: > I'm doing a bit of work for a guy and on his system the mail() function > always returns false, but the mail is sent. > > Anyone come across this? Any ideas what is causing it and how to fix > i...

Export mail from Thunderbird to Yahoo Mail?
Does anyone know of a way I can move email from Mozilla Thunderbird into Yahoo Mail? I've been searching for an answer, but I'm not having much luck. ...

mail.app question: sent mail disappeared
All of a sudden my sent mail box has dumped it's numerous sent mails and shrunk to two sent mails for some unknown reason. Thinking that maybe I had disk problems, I first did disk repair and then when that did nothing I booted from another disk and checked my startup disc and it verified totally perfect. Still no joy, sent mail still gone. Next I did a rebuild of sent mail, closed mail.app and re-opened it, sent mail still gone. -Anybody got a clue as to where it went and whether there is a possibility of retrieving it? -Is this a corruption problem and should I start backing up ...

Deleted sent mail in Apple Mail application
My Apple Mail application has three trash folders. One marked Clara, my Isp. One marked Nildram my broadband supplier and one quaintly marked "On my Mac". My Clara trash folder is showing a message in it, that I can't read, delete or move. Whilst attempting to delete it, I seem to have deleted all of my sent mail going back about five years. Is it possible that the mail is still somewhere on the HD, and if so can anyone tell me where. I can find no trace of it in my Home Folder>library. In article <0001HW.BFA0C4710002EB31F0284550@news.claranews.com>, Pete...

Why is OS X Mail constantly losing my mail?
This is really aggravating. I use 10.4.11 Mail with POP servers and once a message has been downloaded I expect to find it later. But once in a while single or groups of messages (always old ones) are not available. Some italicized messages says they need to be downloaded. Well they were and OS X Mail lost them somehow. Is this a normal glitch? To try to search through thousands of email messages on a backup doesn't sound like fun. Does anyone know why this happens? In <noemailhere-62F407.22165812032008@news.mts.net>, The New guy wrote: > I use [...] POP servers Th...

[News] [Linux] Will Microsoft Lock Linux Users Out of Web-based Office?
Introducing Office 2007 Web Edition, the Google Docs & Spreadsheets Killer ,----[ Quote ] | "So is this what Office 2007 Web Edition might look like? Maybe. | I would hazard a guess that it would be done in Silverlight and | not Flash though," Senior asks. Well? Is it? `---- http://news.softpedia.com/news/Introducing-Office-2007-Web-Edition-the-Google-Docs-Spreadsheets-Killer-57178.shtml http://tinyurl.com/yql55o Related: Microsoft's 'Everywhere' excludes Linux ,----[ Quote ] | This browser add-on enables rendering of WPF content, but | "Everywhere" ...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

Best Method of Forwarding Web-Mail to Mail App?
I'd like to be able to forward Yahoo mail to my Mail.app pop account. I Googled this but the several leads I found all fizzled. It would be hard to believe there is currently no good way to do this. Madeline In article <invalid-5C468D.14232619022005@news-50.dca.giganews.com>, Madwen <invalid@nospam.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to forward Yahoo mail to my Mail.app pop account. I > Googled this but the several leads I found all fizzled. It would be > hard to believe there is currently no good way to do this. I think the only way to do that with Yaho...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Mail header contains implicit recipients. Mail not sent.
Hi, I"m using PHP 5.2. I'm trying to send an email using PHP with Cc and Bcc headers. We have just moved to a new hosting company and now we are unable to send an email. The error returned is "Mail header contains implicit recipients. Mail not sent.". Here are the headers I'm sending ... MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit From: laredotornado@zipmail.com Return-Path: laredotornado@zipmail.com Bcc: laredotornado@zipmail.com Cc: X-Mailer: PHP 5.2.6 Reply-to: laredotornado@zipmail.com and here's the PHP co...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Is Yahoo Web Mail flawed?
Hi, I came upon a problem in which users log onto http://mail.yahoo.com and supply their credentials without problems. The user is transfers to his mail control panel but upon clicking any of the hyperlinks, the browser returns "Cannot find server or DNS Error". After further investigation the problem seems to be CheckPoint FW-1 blocking the link. The reason reported in the log is "Attack Info: HTTP Header too long". Can anyone shed some light on the matter? Thank You "acb" <chribonn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131645358.309665.47830@z14g2000cwz....

Lost existing inbox mail and sent mail in upgrade to IE6
In my upgrade to IE 6 from IE 4, I am unable to find all of my old messages that were in my inbox and sent mailbox of IE 4. The upgrade took place on a machine running Windows 98. Any tips if I can recover/find this old email. I meant to save all my email before the change, but I just forgot. ...

transfer sent mail from hotmail to outlook
Hi, I just setup outlook express for my yahoo account. the problem is that all the emails in the inbox were properly transferred, but not the ones from the sent-mail folder. Is there a way to transfer the sent emails also. Thanks MB Mohan <kasvis03@gmail.com> wrote: > I just setup outlook express for my yahoo account. the problem is that > all the emails in the inbox were properly transferred, but not the ones > from the sent-mail folder. > Is there a way to transfer the sent emails also. Why are you asking about this in a Eudora newsgroup? Accident? If you want help with OE, try an OE newsgroup instead. Good luck. -- Katrina ...

Web resources about - How to trace whether spome valuable documents sent from office mail to hotmail / yahoo web based mails - comp.os.linux.networking

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

Secret documents reveal passionate affair
THIS is certainly not your typical love story. It is one full of betrayal, a love child and murder.

Islamic State document leak: Australian among suicide bomber applicants
... mass leak of Islamic State membership forms could help counter-terror authorities. Sky's chief correspondent Stuart Ramsey said the documents ...

Islamic State document leak: Australian computer engineer identified on list of volunteer suicide bombers ...
An Australian would-be suicide bomber is among tens of thousands of Islamic State jihadists whose details have been leaked by a disgruntled former ...

Discuss the Office documents you share Skype comes to OneDrive
... and now there is another instance of the technology being leveraged. Skype is now being rolled into Office Online so when you share a document ...

Microsoft, Amazon file legal document in support of Apple's FBI fight
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) are among technology industry powerhouses that this week filed a legal document in support ...

3 amendments that resulted in bank rally - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
More than the Budget announcement, it took an action from the central bank to revive the markets. Equity markets ended on a negative note on ...

Documents reveal what Trump actually said about his university
Republican front-runner's critics say the next 10 days are key to stopping him, and they're betting Trump University is their best weapon

ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details
CNN International ISIS document leak purportedly reveals recruits' identities, details CNN International Syrian pro-government forces gather ...

ISIS: Leaked documents reveal fighters' preferences - CNN.com
Leaked ISIS documents shows details of foreign recruits like their nationalities, jihadi experience, blood types and willingness to be suicide ...