linux os

Hi all,

is anyone actually running Radius server?
Is it difficult to set it up?

tanus40 (1)

No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size being = too small on my 19 inch monitor. As Moi was saying... I tried two more additional downloads of elementary OS Linux. Both of them= likewise failed. While they could have been discriminating against Moi for his ZERO contribu= tion, I will be damned if I am going to PAY GOOD money for something when t= here is no guarantee that the stupid DOWNLOAD wont fail, JUST TO FIND OUT t= hat it WONT work at all on my computer hardware, let alone whether OR NOT i= t will actually do what is being claimed. Moi has NEVER experienced a download problem with Linux Mint. From what I have seen, elementary OS Linux is a scam, much like those Windo= ws come ons that claim that they can fix your computer problems merely by m= ucking with the Windows Registry. The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam that i= t is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where are the Linu= x police? On 7/8/2015 8:22 AM, John Gohde wrote: > No Problem'o, DooFuS. I can blame it all on the Linux Mint TEXT size > being too small on my 19 inch monitor. I blame it on your small cerebrum. > The Linux World should disown elementary OS Linux for being the Scam > that it is. Or, can any phony distro claim to be Linux? Yeah, where > are the Linux police? The Linux police are outside your door right now. I'm not kidding. Look out...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and application layer | pieces. Arguably the price for such integration is lack of | flexibility and loss of control. `---- http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/howto/broadband/199600344;jsessionid=N1IAB5VKZRD0QQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN http://tinyurl.com/2c3z7z Microsoft taps mobiles for developing world ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft is facing fierce competition from Linux, however, most | notably the One Laptop per Child project to ship low cost | notebooks to schools in developing nations. | | Linux vendor Red Hat unveiled a Global Desktop last week | targeting computers at small and medium sized businesses as | well as governments in third world nations. `---- http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2189936/microsoft-taps-mobile-tech Related: 70 percent of smartphones use Symbian ,----[ Quote ] | At 3GSM it became clear that 70 percent of all smartphones use Symbian. | | Linux accounts for 16.9 perc...

My Linux is not your Linux

Why linux is linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

Choosing the right OS between Mac OS X, Linux dist, Win
Hi Guys, I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 5100 P4-2.8 GHz (1.25 GB RAM, 40GB HDD). Its been running fine with some heating problems, and a few fresh installations of win-xp needed. Now, I have a need to buy a second laptop (it has to be a laptop since I am moving place to place every few months). Thats when I hit the question.. What to buy... Well, before anything else, I should mention my intended usage of the system... - Running software like - Oracle 10g Server, - Oracle Warehouse Builder - Some ETL tools... - some shell programming - some perl programming - lots of...

Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
IT Sstandrads Hijack Threatens European Economix Competitiveness ,----[ Quote ] | To stop Europe being rail-roaded into an inadequate standard, the | ODF Alliance urges national supporters who have issues to raise | contradictions of ECMA's standard with existing standards to | encourage their national ISO representatives to raise formal | contradictions as quickly as possible, certainly | before 5th February 2007. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_dis ...

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

[News] Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
Palm OS Clings To Life ,----[ Quote ] | Access, a mobile software company in Japan that acquired PalmSource, | the maker of the Palm OS, plans to introduce in the first half of | this year its Access Linux Platform, which will include an emulation | layer for running Palm OS-based applications. The company this week | announced it's renaming all products that originally had Palm-based | names. The first product to be renamed is Palm OS, which will be | known as Garnet OS. `---- http://www.crn.com/sections/infrastructure/infrastructure.jhtml?articleId=197000527 -- List of candidate M...

WinPhone7 is the most stable smartphone OS. Android Linux is the least stable smartphone OS.
"Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android is clearly in last in the stability department." http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! On 02/02/2012 09:07 PM, DFS wrote: > "Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is > clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low > memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps > and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, > different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of > apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android > is clearly in last in the stability department." > > http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 > > Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! [quote] Fellow Microsoft MVP�s [...] and Matt Miller [/quote] http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2011/01/21/windows-phone-7-a-year-after-launch/ Yup, a really unbiased article (...

OS Smackdown: Linux vs OS X vs Vista vs XP
Mount your soapboxes fanboys of all denominations - It's playtime... OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Windows Vista vs. Windows XP Since the dawn of time - or, at least, the dawn of personal computers - the holy wars over desktop operating systems have raged, with each faction proclaiming the unrivaled superiority of its chosen OS and the vile loathsomeness of all others. No matter how fierce the language or convincing the arguments, however, these battles began to seem somewhat irrelevant to regular working stiffs. While Mac OS, OS/2, Linux and many other desktop operating systems have all had their devotees over the years, the truth is that the majority of home and business users have simply used the current version of Windows as a matter of course. Windows Vista has changed all that. Never has a Microsoft operating system been greeted with such a lack of enthusiasm from consumers and businesses alike. Whether it's because of Vista's confusing array of versions, its hefty hardware requirements, its driver issues or its invasive security features, users are resisting the upgrade to Vista and considering other options, from Mac OS X to Linux to just sticking with Windows XP, thank you very much. Suddenly, the OS wars have a new relevance. That's why we've asked four experts to lay out their best arguments in support of their desktop operating systems of choice. Each is positive that his operating system is the best and will try his hardest to c...

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] OS X 10.5 / Vista / Linux Comparison Reveals Linux Strength
Engadget Comparison (Mended) ,----[ Quote ] | After reading an article on Engadget comparing OS X 10.5 and Windows Vista, I | decided it would be interesting to compare GNU/Linux with them both. `---- http://fophillips.org/?p=24 Related: The Right Operating System for You ,----[ Quote ] | With its minimal hardware requirements and solid security, Linux can | serve as a bulletproof primary OS. And with painless dual-booting | and virtualization options, including several free and open-source | apps and the kernel-based Xen software, you can easily try out the | latest in Linux without ...

[News] New GNU/Linux Releases: PC/OS 2009v2, Greenie Linux (Slovakia)

[News] Many Reasons for Linux on the Server; GNU/Linux Beats Mac OS X

OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP
OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP Michael DeAgonia, Preston Gralla, David Ramel and James Turner, Computerworld http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/147262/os_smackdown_linux_vs_mac_os_x_vs_vista_vs_xp.html In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ablang <ron916@gmail.com> wrote on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:48:30 -0700 (PDT) <1fc9ff8c-d6e9-486b-956b-a34f943d8699@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>: > OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP > > Michael DeAgonia, Preston Gralla, David Ramel and James Turner, > Computerworld > > http://www.pcworld.com/bu...

[News] [Linux] IBM Brings Linux to AIX and i5/OS Machines Using New Software
IBM Previews Virtualization Management Tool for Power-Based Boxes ,----[ Quote ] | ...Virtual Availability Manager, within the Systems Director | Virtualization Manager tool will allow customers who deploy a Xen | hypervisor on their Linux-on-X64 servers to create what IBM is | calling a "high availability farm" that can be used to rehost | virtual machine partitions that are taken out by crashes. `---- http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh062507-story07.html On Jun 25, 11:06 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com> wrote: > IBM Previews Virtualization Management To...

[News] [Linux] Mac OS X Becomes More Like Linux, Exposes Big List of Bugs
More Unix in Apple's Leopard ,----[ Quote ] | Among the new features comprising the Leopard's innards Apple points to | the automounter autofs, with the aid of which the Finder will in future | be able to mount remote file systems asynchronously. A new feature of | interest to both professional developers and interested laymen is | DTrace, borrowed from Sun's Solaris, which permits detailed monitoring | of the performance of programs during run-time. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/91448/from/rss09 Like all O/Ses, Apple has many problems in Tiger as well. Watch the list: Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.10 Update ,----[ QUote ] | Apple on Wednesday afternoon released Mac OS X 10.4.10, a free | maintenance update recommended for all PowerPC and Intel-based Mac | computers running versions of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. `---- http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/06/20/apple_releases_mac_os_x_10_4_10_update.html ...

[News] A Look at New GNU/Linux Distro (Qubes) and Review of YlmF GNU/Linux OS

Web resources about - linux os - comp.os.linux.networking

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . and video game consoles ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For GNU package based on Linux kernel, see GNU Linux-libre . For ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . and video game consoles ...

Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the operating system. For the kernel, see Linux kernel . For other uses, see Linux (disambiguation) . The development of ...

Dell releases new XPS 13 Developer Edition, launches Linux-based Precision laptops worldwide
On the laptop side, Dell may be best known for its Windows devices, but, as some of you may already know, it also offers some killer Linux-based ...

Microsoft is bringing SQL Server to Linux
When Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella extolled his company's love for Linux an open source operating system it previously opposed it would be natural ...

Dell brings Linux to its latest XPS 13 laptop
Have you coveted the Skylake-powered version of Dell's near-borderless XPS 13 laptop, but wished it would ship with an open platform like Linux ...

Microsoft's SQL Server Database Is Heading to Linux
Next year, Microsoft plans to release a version of its hybrid-cloud-friendly database software for the open-source operating system.

Microsoft announces SQL Server for Linux — wait, what?
... Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask of that old Lone Ranger, and you don't run Microsoft SQL Server on Linux ...

Is Microsoft About To Bring PowerShell To Linux?
Could Microsoft be about to bring PowerShell to Linux as the One True Scripting Language?