Mail disappears without warning/error

Hi,

System: P4 1.7GHz, 1GB RAM, Gentoo 1.4.3.8p1, Sendmail 8.12.9, MailScanner
4.12-9.

I have a very odd problem. For some reason, everything works according to
the mail.log file up to
and including the local delivery to the end user but the mail never actually
appears in a mailbox:

Jun 27 12:55:47 penguin sendmail[22588]: h5RAtf0T022588:
from=<penguin@dhcp.net>, size=0, class=0, nrcpts=1, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA,
relay=somehost@xxxxxx.sdsl.catch.no [217.8.154.xx]
Jun 27 12:55:51 penguin sendmail[22588]: h5RAtf0U022588:
from=<penguin@dhcp.net>, size=444, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<000201c33c9b$3156dec0$9901a8c0@laptop>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA,
relay=somehost@xxxxxxxx.sdsl.catch.no [217.8.154.xx]
Jun 27 12:55:53 penguin MailScanner[16213]: New Batch: Scanning 1 messages,
913 bytes
Jun 27 12:55:53 penguin MailScanner[16213]: Virus and Content Scanning:
Starting
Jun 27 12:55:53 penguin MailScanner[16213]: Uninfected: Delivered 1 messages
Jun 27 12:55:53 penguin sendmail[29069]: h5RAtf0U022588:
to=<penguin@dhcp.net>, ctladdr=<penguin@dhcp.net> (1000/100),
delay=00:00:02, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=120437, dsn=2.0.0,
stat=Sent

It says that it's 'Sent' the E-mail but my inbox is empty. This happens for
all mail that goes through my mailserver and is supposed to be delivered
locally. I cannot find *any* warning or error whatsoever *anywhere* and I'm
basically out of ideas on where to look.

Any suggestions? If you respond directly, please do it to the address I'm
using for this mailing list as the dhcp.net one doesn't work (obviously
:-)).

TIA...

A. Eijkhoudt

Mail disappears even though there is no error/warning
Hi, System: P4 1.7GHz, 1GB RAM, Gentoo 1.4.3.8p1, Sendmail 8.12.9, MailScanner 4.12-9. I have a very odd problem. For some reason, everything works according to the mail.log file up to and including the local delivery to the end user but the mail never actually appears in a mailbox: Jun 27 12:55:47 penguin sendmail[22588]: h5RAtf0T022588: from=<penguin@dhcp.net>, size=0, class=0, nrcpts=1, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=somehost@xxxxxx.sdsl.catch.no [217.8.154.xx] Jun 27 12:55:51 penguin sendmail[22588]: h5RAtf0U022588: from=<penguin@dhcp.net>, size=444, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid...

WARNING: Network Down / Error Writing to network
Just installed Informix 7.31UC4 on Solaris and when running onmonitor I get WARNING: Network Down Any idea how to get around this problem. Help would be most appreciated. ...

RE: WARNING: Network Down / Error Writing to network #2
Are you using the correct settings as mentioned in the release notes ( tcp / ipc) ? Is this a new installation of an in place upgrade ? -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Geezer From The Freezer Sent: 27 April 2005 04:21 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: WARNING: Network Down / Error Writing to network Just installed Informix 7.31UC4 on Solaris and when running onmonitor I get WARNING: Network Down Any idea how to get around this problem. Help would be most appreciated. sending to informix-list Dirk Moolman wrote: > > Are you using the correct settings as mentioned in the release notes ( > tcp / ipc) ? > Is this a new installation of an in place upgrade ? > I deleted the lot and started again from scratch. Seems to be working now. Never got to the bottom of why it was happening. Thanks for the tips though! ...

MDaemon Warning - virus found: Mail System Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_9DFA6F1C.474B91F2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ******************************* WARNING ****************************** Este mensaje ha sido analizado por MDaemon AntiVirus y ha encontrado un fichero anexo(s) infectado(s). Por favor revise el reporte de abajo. Attachment Virus name Action taken ---------------------------------------------------------------------- transcript.zip Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.m Removed **********...

poll error in linux OS
Hi, Currently I did some porting work from solaris OS to linux OS then I ran into a very curious problem: See below codes. the poll works pretty well in Solaris OS, but it "fired Poll Error with client .. " error in linux OS. Is it possible that this error occured due to the wrong use of poll in linux? Thanks much for your any useful information! /* poll clients */ pollReady = poll(clientfdsPtr,MAX_CLIENTS,clientTimeOut); if (pollReady > 0) { for (int loopCnt = 0; loopCnt < MAX_CLIENTS; loopCnt++) { DEBUG((...

Program frozen without any warning or error
I am writing some data to the serial port every one second. I use a timer attached to the serial port. The program runs well initially. However, it will freeze after 10- 20 minutes (no update and no write to the serial port). I cannot figure it out why this happens. Any help will be greatly appreciated. "Roy" wrote in message <ift75u$m6a$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am writing some data to the serial port every one second. I use a timer attached to the serial port. > > The program runs well initially. However, it will freeze after 10- 20 minutes (no upd...

Error Reading from Network when retreiving mail
Hi All! I have Eudora 6.2 and using it with Shaw Cable here in British Columbia. I am having a problem with retreiving my mail. After I click on the retreive mail button...Eudora checks the mail and tells me that I have 8 messages to download and then shows the status bar (as if it is downloading) and then I get an error.... "Error Reading from Network, Cause: Connection Closed by Foreign Host (0)." Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue? I have tried re-installing Eudora and have even gone to my cable technical support and verified the settings which are all correct. I have not had this problem with Eudora before; just since I upgraded to 6.2...any suggestions? Thanks for your help! Dwayne On 9-Dec-2004, Warlock <warlock@spell.com> wrote: > .Eudora checks the mail and tells > me that I have 8 messages to download and then shows the status bar > (as if it is downloading) and then I get an error.... > > "Error Reading from Network, Cause: Connection Closed by Foreign Host > (0)." If it gets that far before giving you the error, my first guess is that it's something to do with an antivirus or firewall program, if not with Shaw Cable. Others may have better ideas. -- Frankenstein ...

Linux BSP
We are developing a product using Linux BSP on a ColdFire 5475. I can send messages to specific IP addresses over UDP; however, when I attempt to send broadcast messages, I get the following error: "Network is unreachable" I have seen the same problem when I run our software on the "ColdFire Lite Development Kit" board from Freescale. Except for having a broadcast thread ( the udp_inquire_thread ), I have the same code working correctly on my Linux PC ( running Fedora Core 4). Using /sbin/ifconfig I have checked both my Linux PC and the developme...

Linux, the OS without a TICKING TIMEBOMB !
One of the benefits of GNU/Linux compared to Windows is ... NO TIMEBOMBS! begin{quote} Erik Funkenbusch <erik@despam-funkenbusch.com> all pre-release versions of Windows have timebombs end{quote} REF: From: Erik Funkenbusch <erik@despam-funkenbusch.com> Subject: Re: [News] Windows 7 RC1 Isn't Quite As Free As You'd Hope Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy Message-ID: <9d5ku6o2lxvg.dlg@funkenbusch.com> -- If we wish to reduce our ignorance, there are people we will indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or less by definitio...

error on creating mailing list on mac os
helo there...i'm using mac os 10.3.9 using squirrelmail + postfix.... after i make/create some mailing list then i press save "button" ....all what i did was gone... is there anyone can help me.... pls... * posted via http://www.mymac.ws * please report abuse to http://xinbox.com/mymac ...

Linux Mail Server without need for fetchmail
Hi, I'm currently using Exim mail server to send mail send local(local net to local net users) and internet mail. Then I use fetchmail to get pop mail for local users. But I wonder if there's mail server software in the "free world" that caters for both smtp and pop/imap in one package. It seems Exchange Server does this but it's windows software and nonfree. Any suggestions? Thanks In comp.os.linux.networking Math Lumala <mlumala@hotmail.com>: > Hi, > I'm currently using Exim mail server to send mail send local(local net > to local net users) and internet mail. Then I use fetchmail to get pop > mail for local users. You don't need fetchmail at all, if you have a mx entry for your domain and a smtp server listening to port 25 on this pointer. http://www.sendmail.org/email-explained.html > But I wonder if there's mail server software in the "free > world" that caters for both smtp and pop/imap in one package. > It seems Exchange Server does this but it's windows software > and nonfree. Any suggestions? Why should there? It's against the unix philosophy to do more things then needed with one app, which has proven to work quite well in decades. -- Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94) mail: echo zvpunry@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/' #bofh excuse 336: the xy axis in the trackball is coordinated with the summer solstice Michael Heiming wr...

Labview crashes without any warning or error messages
Hi, I have been using Labview programs for the last 2 months without any problem. All of a sudden the program has started crashing while running. There are no error messages on the screen. The program runs for long hours and during my intermediate inspections i find that Labview has closed without any sign on the computer. This has happened about 2-3 times in the last week but before this there was no such problem. Also this problem is not specific to one program alone. There are other independent modules that have faced the same situation. No two programs are run simultaneously, and the progr...

Linux install causes OS 9 to disappear.
Hi everybody! I've been working the last 2 days on installing Ubuntu on my 300 mHz iBook. I followed the manual and my linux installed perfectly, however now I'm unable to boot into OS 9. Here's what I did: Used Drive Setup and made 4 partitions. The first is for the bootstrap (recommended by yaboot) "Pater Patriae" wrote in message <1164602121.125510.326440@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>: > Hi everybody! I've been working the last 2 days on installing Ubuntu > on my 300 mHz iBook. I followed the manual and my linux installed > perfectly, however now I'm unable to boot into OS 9. Did you try booting your computer with the "alt" key pressed ? bli ...

Linux: freezes with or without a wired network connection
"Mine still has problems with or without a wired connection" #408 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=41 Best just to uninstall the crapola. ...

How to change 'On Error Goto ArreurA' with 'On Error Goto ArreurB' without error if an error occured?
Exemple: On Error Goto ErreurA Picture = LoadPicture(VarName1) On Error Goto ErreurB Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) exit sub ErreurA: msgbox "ErreurA= VarName1" exit sub ErreurB: msgbox "ErreurB= VarName2" Exit sub If an error occudes with Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) it cause an error and the program stop there without error message. What code line must I add? Raymond H. "Raymond H." <divers_rh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:TuHRc.6180$a65.235836@news20.bellglobal.com... > Exemple: > > On Error Goto ErreurA > Picture = LoadPicture(VarName1) > On Error Goto ErreurB > Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) > exit sub > ErreurA: > msgbox "ErreurA= VarName1" > exit sub > ErreurB: > msgbox "ErreurB= VarName2" > Exit sub > > If an error occudes with > Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) > it cause an error and the program stop there without error message. What > code line must I add? In the IDE, go to Tools->Options->General Tab. Select 'Break on Unhandled Errors'. Hello, this error occure even with the exe. I think it miss a code line in my projet but I don't know wich one. r.h. "Peter Young" <youngpa@comcast.no.net.spam.please> a �crit dans le message de news:eBMRc.229775$%_6.160126@attbi_s01... > > "Raymond H." <divers_rh...

Linux install causes OS 9 to disappear. #2
Hi everybody! I've been working the last 2 days on installing Ubuntu on my 300 mHz iBook. I followed the manual and my linux installed perfectly, however now I'm unable to boot into OS 9. Here's what I did: Used Drive Setup and made 4 partitions. The first is for the bootstrap, the second for root, the third is swap, and the fourth is Mac OS 9. The ubuntu installation guide and yaboot man recommended this setup. I installed Mac OS 9 and tested it (it worked) then installed linux. I manually selected the partitions so I know everything is in the right place, but after the install the drive seems to have disappeared. I booted a MacOS install CD and the partition wasn't even viewable anymore. It's still there but the (directory?) changed? Disk First Aid can't fix anything it doesn't see. I tried running "mac-boot" in Open Firmware without luck. Any ideas would be helpful. On Nov 26, 10:54 pm, "Pater Patriae" <Pater.Patr...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everybody! I've been working the last 2 days on installing Ubuntu > on my 300 mHz iBook. I followed the manual and my linux installed > perfectly, however now I'm unable to boot into OS 9. Here's what I > did: > > Used Drive Setup and made 4 partitions. The first is for the > bootstrap, the second for root, the third is swap, and the fourth is > Mac OS 9. The ubuntu installation guide and yaboot man recommended > this setup....

[News] GNU/Linux Updates: Now Without the Network

Resize partition for Linux without Mac OS cd
Hi, I got an old G3 Powerbook 300 MHz (old world) from a friend running Mac Os 8.6 but without any CD. I'm trying to install Yellow Dog 4.0 on it, I managed to launch the YDL setup by using a kernel file posted on the YLD board website. However, YLD doesnt seem to allow me to resize my existing partition and create a new one, and I didn't find any free tool for doing that. Actually I don't care about my Mac OS partition, but I read that I need t keep it because an old world powerbook cant run another OS on its own. Do you know if there is a way for me to get the partition tool from the Mac OS system cd or another one? I tried to install Mandrake 10.1 which is supposed to have a partition utility but the installer always crash. I'm a bit desperate about using Linux on this laptop... Thanks a lot for your help. Francois ...

Errors in retrieving mail with 6.0 and OS 9
Hello I have a Eudora Folder that works well with Eudora 6.0 under Mac OS X. With the very same Eudora Folder, Eudora 6.0, under OS 9.2.2, cannot check mail. A message error appears during the TCP/IP connexion establishment. It says approximatively: error -3297 ; {37 : 477}: Any idea about what's going on? Could it be a problem of timing? The help button links to a Eudora.com page which I cannot decode! TIA -- Fran�ois Leroy <mailto:fl44@club-internet.fr> Fran�ois Leroy <fl44@club-internet.fr> wrote: > I have a Eudora Folder that works well with Eu...

How do I trap a network printer error in vb without crashing
I have a VB application with a print menu item. But when I try to print to a printer on a network, and its associated computer is off, then I crash. Is there any way to trap this error? Thanks, Marvin Cohen ...

Possible to Boot Linux on 9406-810 without OS/400?
I have a hand-me-down 810 with no Operating System installed on its hard disk. Will anything boot natively on the machine other than OS/ 400 or i5/OS? Thanks. On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 20:38:37 -0700 (PDT), greymeister@gmail.com wrote: >I have a hand-me-down 810 with no Operating System installed on its >hard disk. Will anything boot natively on the machine other than OS/ >400 or i5/OS? depending on the system type and configuration you might try some linux (those for ppc) distro. On some of the older machines it didn't work. il 10/09/2008 5.38, Scrive greymeister@gmail.com 431909...

Any Documentaion about How Linux Networking IP stack looklike between Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces (LAN and WAN)?
Any Documenttaion about How Linux IP Networking stack looklike bwteen Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces running on Linux (LAN and WAN)?. appreciated for links or some documentation. Thanks. ...

MDaemon Warning
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0000_1CB7B749.5CE06267 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ******************************* WARNING ****************************** Este mensaje ha sido analizado por MDaemon AntiVirus y ha encontrado un fichero anexo(s) infectado(s). Por favor revise el reporte de abajo. Attachment Virus name Action taken ---------------------------------------------------------------------- message.pif I-Worm.Mydoom.m Removed ***********...

Web resources about - Mail disappears without warning/error - comp.os.linux.networking

Disappears - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Markup Language Endpoints To Disappear As Of July 5
The slow death of Facebook Markup Language continued with the social network’s announcement that all FBML endpoints will be gone as of July 5. ...

Robert Scoble - Why is the PRISM story going to disappear... - Facebook
Why is the PRISM story going to disappear within two weeks? 30,000+ people die in cars every year in the US. We don't care. We get into cars ...

‘Custom user clusters’ feature appears and disappears from Facebook ad tool
Some Facebook users temporarily saw a link to a new feature called “custom user clusters” within the self-serve ad tool last week. Facebook ...

When Product Features Disappear - Amazon, Apple, Tesla and the Troubled Future for 21st Century Consumers ...
One of the great innovations of the 21 century are products that are cloud-connected and update and improve automatically. For software, gone ...

Day 250 - Disappear - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I spent the day shopping with my grandma and Lewis because she was treating us to early presents as she won't be here for our birthday. I got ...

Before I Disappear - Official Trailer I HD I IFC Films - YouTube
Before I Disappear - Opening in theaters and VOD November 28th Starring: Shawn Christensen, Emmy Rossum, Fatima Ptacek, Ron Perlman and Paul ...

Amy Winehouse was a girl 'trying to disappear' in new Amy documentary trailer
The heartbreaking documentary Amy shows the tragic demise of singer Amy Winehouse before her death from alcohol poisoning in 2011.

Boy disappears off Sydney beach (01:35)
The frantic search continues for a five-year-old boy after he disappeared into the water at Sandringham on Sunday afternoon. Nine News.

How Google Ventures Made Its $US100,000 Investment In Bustle Disappear
Business Insider Australia How Google Ventures Made Its $US100,000 Investment In Bustle Disappear Business Insider Australia It's all really ...