possible to connect

Hi,

I'm able to connect to two iNet connections at one time, would it be
possible to add those to one? I mean when I'm connected to both at one time,
would it be possible to add the connections together so I'll get a faster
one?
Thanks!

--
roN
www.rideon.ch

0
nospam95 (980)
3/19/2005 3:47:54 PM
comp.os.linux.networking 15677 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:47:54 +0100, "Ron Eggler" <NOspam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm able to connect to two iNet connections at one time, would it be
>possible to add those to one? I mean when I'm connected to both at one time,
>would it be possible to add the connections together so I'll get a faster
>one?
>Thanks!

Only for some things.  See http://andthatsjazz.org:8/lartc/success.txt

And have a look at the author's stuff:

http://www.burnpc.com/website.nsf/all/FE5F4F294F508EB786256E600019BC30

http://www.burnpc.com/website.nsf/All/BDA17E75F3AEB21085256D0F00566BA3

--
buck
0

possible? ssh-connection as XP- network connection
Hello I'm using Win XP and SSH 3.2.0 to etablish a SSH2 connection to a server. Everything works fine. I wonder if there is an XP-tool that you can establish an network drive in XP which uses the ssh2 protocol. So that i can access the files on the server direct from any windows program using the open/save command. Please don't tell me that i need to make modifications on the server (install samba ect.). I just want to make modifications on my windows-client. I don't have administrator rights on the server. Thanks for any help, Bernd > I'm using Win XP and SSH 3.2.0 to etablish a SSH2 connection to a > server. Everything works fine. > > I wonder if there is an XP-tool that you can establish an > network drive in XP which uses the ssh2 protocol. So that i can access > the files on the server direct from any windows program using the > open/save command. Not directly, that I'm aware of. You can tunnel 139/tcp via ssh, and then try to set up a network drive against localhost. But I never had any success with that approach. In the end, a lot of people give up on this idea and go with a better one: work locally, then synchronize your files with the server using Unison (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/). This approach has important advantages. Unison will use ssh as its network transport for secure transfers, but it's much more bandwidth-efficient. If you have a remotely mounted share drive, any time you...

Is this possible?? (OS X Linux)
Has anyone come up with a way of making any of the linux distributions with KDE or Gnome to look like OS X?? FE wrote: > Has anyone come up with a way of making any of the linux distributions > with KDE or Gnome to look like OS X?? Yes. There was a KDE theme called Aqua. ...

RISC OS Mac Network Possible?
I'm running a Dual Processor G4 Mac and my wife is running a G4 PowerBook. We've just signed up for broadband I've purchased a Netgear Wireless router/modem so that the machines can be used wirelessly. Before you think I've posted to the wrong group I'd better expand on the Subject line. I still follow the RISC OS scene closely and I am still an Archive subscriber, although I don't have access to a RISC OS machine any more. However, I am seriously thinking of selling the G4 desktop and getting an Iyonix, perhaps at the Wakefield show, which I intend to come down to fro...

Is It Possible To Have Two Concurrent Network Connections?
Here's the situation.... I have an iMac which is wirelesslly connected to a Time Capsule which is used both for backups and for providing a wireless connection to an HP Envy printer. My sister has an Airport Extreme which is wirelessly accessible from m;;y computer. As things currently stand I need to invoke one network when I wish to print and the other when I wish to use the internet. My question is whether there is a way to have both networks concurrently active so that I can both print and access the internet at the same time? Many thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions. -- James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote: > My question is whether there is a way to have both > networks concurrently active so that I can both print and access the > internet at the same time? Yes, should work - but only if one network is wired and the other is wireless. A wireless card can only connect to one network at a time. You have two possibilities a) get a cable connection between your computer and the Time Capsule. You probbably want to set up the IP addresses manually / fixed for thisconnection. And connect wirelessly to your sister's network, you may use dynamic addresses (DHCP) here. b) use the TC to connect to your sister's WLAN directly as a client (using it as a WLAN bridge). This _should_ work, I never tried it. Then your computer connects to your sister's...

Problem on Linux OS/390 for Db2 Connect
I have a problem to connect to db2 connect on suse os/390. I've created 2 classes DB_R.java driver type 4. and DB_L.java driver type 2. When I run I have result: Driver type 4 works fine. Driver type 2 does not work. "SQLException: No suitable driver" After all I was trying to use db2profile, result the same. But every thing works fine on Windows box. beausr@APPS1:~/cafe> export JAVA_HOME=/opt/IBMJava2-s390-141 beausr@APPS1:~/cafe> export PATH=${JAVA_HOME}/bin:/home/db2usr/sqllib/bin:${PATH} beausr@APPS1:~/cafe> ex...

Connecting two networks with two linux boxes.
I have 2 networks each with a linux box as the gateway to the internet. At the moment they are VPN'd together, but are close enough to get a cable run and I'd like to connct them like this to make it quicker so each linux box will have 3 nics in it. My question is possibly a dumb one! But what should the IP for the 3rd nic in each box be? The networks are: network - linux box internal address Box 1) 10.0.12.x/24 - 10.0.12.1 Box 2) 192.168.12.x/24 - 192.168.12.1 Should the 3rd NIC in the box 1 be on the 192.168.12.x range, and vice versa but wouldn't that confuse the other network as it would think that it is a local IP when it wouldn't be. Should they both be on a different range althogether? And then set the routing up on each. ie 3 NICS in each Box1 internal 10.0.12.1 public 123.456.78.2 "intranet" 10.0.13.1 Box2 internal 192.168.12.1 public 423.243.123.32 "intranet" 10.0.13.2 If it was 2 networks with one linux box it would be easy, just not sure how you'd connect the two boxes together.... Any advice appreciated! Cheers Mark Markvr wrote: > I have 2 networks each with a linux box as the gateway to the internet. > > At the moment they are VPN'd together, but are close enough to get a > cable run and I'd like to connct them like this to make it quicker > so each linux box will have 3 nics in it. > > My question is possibly a dumb one! But what should the IP for the 3rd > ...

Forcing a network connection to connect
I have a network connection set up that uses a serial port. If I go into Internet Explorer and access a web page or into Outlook, it will try to establish the dial-up or direct connection. What I am looking for is a programming way to cause the dial-up or direct connect without having to go into one of these programs. Essentially, I need to find out if the connection is up, and if not, cause it to try to connect. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff. On Mar 2, 6:32=A0am, "Jeffrey Adler" <jeff.nospam.ad...@bigfoot.com&g...

Linux: freezes with or without a wired network connection
"Mine still has problems with or without a wired connection" #408 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=41 Best just to uninstall the crapola. ...

Linux XP Network--Rdesktop Connection Failure
Hi, I'm a Linux newbie and I've just started trying to create a home network with a Windows (XP) machine and a Linux (Mandrake 9.2) machine. I wanted to use rdesktop to connect to XP but I kept getting a connection refused error. I tried telnetting, ftping and pinging between the computers as a test and only ping worked. I also shut down my router's firewall and disabled my XP firewall but that did not seem to have any effect. rdesktop, ftp and telnet all give essentially the same error message: "Connection Refused". Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help!! Mark On 2004-08-11, Mark Uygur <markuygur@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm a Linux newbie and I've just started trying to create a home > network with a Windows (XP) machine and a Linux (Mandrake 9.2) > machine. I wanted to use rdesktop to connect to XP but I kept getting > a connection refused error. > I tried telnetting, ftping and pinging between the computers as a test > and only ping worked. I also shut down my router's firewall and > disabled my XP firewall but that did not seem to have any effect. > > rdesktop, ftp and telnet all give essentially the same error message: > "Connection Refused". > > Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you configured XP to start the pertinent servers? E.g., if the telnet server isn't running on XP, the connection will be refused when a client tries to connect. The same goes ...

Linux KSH93 Connecting to a networked MySQL database.
I have several korn shell scripts I use with a MySQL database on the same server (Solaris). I am moving to a Linux environment where the MySQL database is on another server. I would like to convert the database connection code to connect to the database on another Linux server. I see alot of information on Perl DBI CLI and PHP DBI CLI but cannot find any examples of Korn Shell connecting to a database on another server. Is there a way to accomplish a network connection to a MySQL database from Korn Shell? Any examples or information would be much appreciated! mm mm wrote: > I...

using MPICH in a network with mixing OS. Possible ???
hi folks, I just setup my MPICH on my linux PC and it works fine. This pc is connectted to LAN. On the same LAN, we got several other computers which belong to my friends. I am thinking of utilize those PCs as node and use their computing power. The problem is that all those PCs are installed with windows OS, so the configuration of the environment should be tricky if it is possible to do so. my question are 1. is it possible for me to setup MPICH environment in a network of PCs with mixing OS, if yes .how? 2. are there any related informations, material or documentations about setting up s...

How to Connecting two different network in redhat linux 9
hello friends, I have linux server with three ethernet cards. eth0 : 202.66.55.100 --> gw 202.66.55.97 eth1 : 192.168.0.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 eth2 : 192.168.1.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 default gateway : 202.66.55.97 eth0 act as gateway to share internet to two networks throu eth1 and eth2. how to access from client eth1 network to client eth2 network throu redhat linux 9 server. Every hint is appreciated. with regards pvn On 2004-11-27, visu <pvn_26@rediffmail.com> wrote: > I have linux server with three ethernet cards. > eth0 : 202.66.55.100 --> gw 202.66.55.97 > eth1 : 192.168.0.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 > eth2 : 192.168.1.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 > default gateway : 202.66.55.97 > how to access from client eth1 network to client eth2 network throu > redhat linux 9 server. Set the default gateway for the machine on network eth2 to 192.168.1.1 for eth1 to 192.168.0.1, enable ip forwarding and masquerading and you're set. See the firewall-howto about how to setup the firewall. Davide -- Windows hasn't increased computer literacy. It's just lowered the standard. -- From a Slashdot.org post visu <pvn_26@rediffmail.com> wrote: > hello friends, > I have linux server with three ethernet cards. > eth0 : 202.66.55.100 --> gw 202.66.55.97 > eth1 : 192.168.0.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 > eth2 : 192.168.1.1 --> gw 202.66.55.100 > default gateway : 202.66.55.97 > eth0 act as...

Network packet loss possible inside the linux kernel?
Hello folks! I am currently planning to implement an easy way to communicate between multiple processes on the local machine. Every process may sends events (in form of a null terminated string) as multicast UDP messages. The other processes react on these events if required. How likely is it, that packet loss may occur? My hope is, that because these messages are processed without a physical network, that I can ignore the packet loss issue. If there is a problem, can you give me some hints about alternatives? Just a few keywords, I can use google for further information. Regards, Daniel Kay Daniel Kay wrote: > Hello folks! > > I am currently planning to implement an easy way to communicate between > multiple processes on the local machine. Every process may sends events > (in form of a null terminated string) as multicast UDP messages. The > other processes react on these events if required. > > How likely is it, that packet loss may occur? My hope is, that because > these messages are processed without a physical network, that I can > ignore the packet loss issue. > > If there is a problem, can you give me some hints about alternatives? > Just a few keywords, I can use google for further information. > The protocol stack can still silently drop packets, if it feels the need to. You can flood the networking buffers by sending far more packets than you receive. This may happen because the sending process/thread ...

networking os/2 version 3 [non connect]
Hello, I've recently reloaded my old (non Connect) version of OS/2 version 3. I've loaded TCP/IP from the dial up access kit and installed and configured Freetcp. On the surface, everything looks okay. The drivers load without incident, and my network card (a 3c509) binds without error and the lanstart.cmd executes without error. (Lanstart.cmd assigns the IP address and mask and sets the default router path.) The problem is, I can't ping anything other than the workstation itself. If I ping the Gateway or other workstations on my network, nothing happens. I have to Cntrl C to stop the ping and it reflects something like "17 packets sent, none received, 100% data loss.). The router tables look good, as they show the following (from netstat -r): Destination Router refcnt use flags metric ntrf default 192.168.2.1 0 0 U -1 lan0 192.168.2.0 192.168.2.5 0 0 U -1 lan0 192.168.2.5 is the OS/2 workstation itself and 192.168.2.1 is my router. Data does seem to be going out, as when I issue a ping, the lights flash on the router indicating activity. Any ideas as to what is wrong? The card works fine under Windows so that rules out a bad NIC. I've tried swapping out the NIC card drivers with older versions (had been using the newest version) but still now luck. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Craig I thought you needed "...

Mac OS X trouble connecting to Linux VPN server

HELP! Connecting Mac OS to wireless windows based network!
Hello, I need anyone's help desperately!! How do I connect a Mac OS 10 with an airport card to a windows base wireless network (workgroup)? I do not have any routers, hubs or wireless access points. ...

Possible to Boot Linux on 9406-810 without OS/400?
I have a hand-me-down 810 with no Operating System installed on its hard disk. Will anything boot natively on the machine other than OS/ 400 or i5/OS? Thanks. On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 20:38:37 -0700 (PDT), greymeister@gmail.com wrote: >I have a hand-me-down 810 with no Operating System installed on its >hard disk. Will anything boot natively on the machine other than OS/ >400 or i5/OS? depending on the system type and configuration you might try some linux (those for ppc) distro. On some of the older machines it didn't work. il 10/09/2008 5.38, Scrive greymeister@gmail.com 431909...

Connecting Wireless Router to a Linux-IP-Masquerading based network
Did a quick search and couldnt find the answer. Really appreciate your help. I currently have a local network with my Linux machine doing the routing/IP masquerading for other PCs. The setup is like this: eth0 : Static IP of my DSL modem eth1 : 192.168.0.1, connected to a switch. Other PC's and a Wireless access point all connect to the switch and everything works hunky dory. Now, to upgrade, I got the latest Wireless router (a+b+g) to replace my access point and the problem started here. I dont see a way to connect this wireless router seamlessly into my current network. I would still like the Linux machine to be connected directly to the dsl modem and be the router because I like to telnet/ss into my Linux machine from outside. The Wireless router tries to do what my Linux machine is currently doing and the manufacturer documentation doesnt provide any way to defeat this. Ideally, I want the Wireless router to be a way to expand my current network. ie., I want the router to be connected to my switch and the 10/100 ports in the router to connect additional machines. Have you experienced similar issue before and how did you get around it? thanks, SF91 ...

Problem with multyplayer and direct connections with a windows network and a linux gateway
For some reason it's impossible to make direct connections to other computers on the internet wich means that no multi-player games and other programs like that never work. On the other side, I can connect to servers. For example, if I ping to a computer that's not a server all the data that it's sending as response gets lost somewere at the Linux Gateway computer. How can I solve this? ...

[Linux/Win XP] Odd OS specific connection issues
I have a really odd internet connection issue with Charter Communications that started sometime today. Essentially, I have lost all connectivity and cannot even get an IP address (a real one I should say). My network is setup up with a Linux box as my router, which then shares out the connection to my XP box via a hub. As soon as I lost my XP connection I started with the normal troubleshooting; rebooted, cycled modem, etc... Still no connection. Then I got on my Linux box and surprisingly saw that it was down there as well. I then plugged the cable modem (SB4200) directly into th...

Any Documentaion about How Linux Networking IP stack looklike between Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces (LAN and WAN)?
Any Documenttaion about How Linux IP Networking stack looklike bwteen Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces running on Linux (LAN and WAN)?. appreciated for links or some documentation. Thanks. ...

using MPICH in network with mixing OS, Possible ??? (sorry if i post it twice)
hi folks, I just setup my MPICH on my linux PC and it works fine. This pc is connectted to LAN. On the same LAN, we got several other computers which belong to my friends. I am thinking of utilize those PCs as node and use their computing power. The problem is that all those PCs are installed with windows OS, so the configuration of the environment should be tricky if it is possible to do so. my question are 1. is it possible for me to setup MPICH environment in a network of PCs with mixing OS, if yes .how? 2. are there any related informations, material or documentations about setting up s...

Problems in developing linux driver, network device but connected with usb-serial
Hi everyone, Sorry to bother you. I even don't know if I'm posting in the right forum, b= ut anyone knows linux driver development well, please help me. I'm absolute= ly newbie in this field.=20 I'm now developing a driver for a network device. But because of the nature= of my problem, it is connected via a pl2303 usb-serial converter. I know o= n solution is to operating file like ttyUSB0, however, I get fragments from= the serial port. According to many suggestions, this solution is not recom= mended=E3=80=82 So shall I continue working with file, or if there is any o= ther solution.=20 Best, Yifan On 09/30/2012 10:59 AM, Yifan Sun wrote: > Hi everyone, > > Sorry to bother you. I even don't know if I'm posting in the right > forum, but anyone knows linux driver development well, please help > me. I'm absolutely newbie in this field. > > I'm now developing a driver for a network device. But because of the > nature of my problem, it is connected via a pl2303 usb-serial > converter. I know on solution is to operating file like ttyUSB0, > however, I get fragments from the serial port. According to many > suggestions, this solution is not recommended。 So shall I continue > working with file, or if there is any other solution. > > Best, > > Yifan Perhaps you could use ppp or pppoe. On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 07:59:08 -0700 (PDT), Yifan Sun <sunyifan112358@gmail...

Free Download Ebook for linux networking guide | http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html
i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download it for free http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html Tony Andreas wrote: > i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download > it for free > http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > Tony Andreas wrote: >> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >> it for free >> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html > > i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: > http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf What link is that? i.e. which one on the Home Page? There are over 30 of them. mybook.000webhost.info resolves to 64.235.54.104 The link you gave opens KPDF for me - I didn't look at its contents. Doug. Doug Laidlaw wrote: > goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > >> Tony Andreas wrote: >>> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >>> it for free >>> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html >> i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: >>...

Web resources about - possible to connect - comp.os.linux.networking

Rubio in Twilight at Florida Appearances
ORLANDO—When he launched his campaign at Miami’s historic Freedom Tower nearly a year ago, Marco Rubio was full of optimism and hope. Armed with ...

French ministers head to Ivory Coast after Qaeda attack
By John Irish PARIS (Reuters) - France's foreign and interior ministers will travel to Ivory Coast on Tuesday to offer support after al Qaeda's ...

Microsoft drops Bitcoin as Windows Store stops accepting the digital currency
Bitcoin, the digital asset that has struggled to catch on with the general public, will no longer be accepted at Microsoft’s Windows Store. ...

Germanwings crash: New rules needed for pilot health issues
LE BOURGET, France (AP) — Seeking to ensure that suicidal pilots can't crash their jets, French authorities investigating last year's Germanwings ...

Here's how Kim Kardashian handles her money
Kim Kardashian West may often break the internet , but she'll never break the bank. When her husband, rapper and the best living tweeter on ...

Election setback a 'wake-up call' for Merkel, media and politicians say
Critics of Chancellor Angela Merkel's open-door refugee policies called on her to change course after voters in three regional elections punished ...

Big Protests Across Brazil Put More Pressure on President
The Globe and Mail Big Protests Across Brazil Put More Pressure on President New York Times SAO PAULO — Mammoth demonstrations across Brazil ...

Universal Studios Permanently Adds Walking Dead Theme Park Attraction, Coming Summer 2016
The Walking Dead has contributed heavily to a thirst for the undead and Universal Studios is about to answer the call by giving year-round permanency ...

'Zootopia' is still king of the box office jungle, besting '10 Cloverfield Lane' and all other rivals ...
The animal kingdom continues to reign at the box office, as the animated film "Zootopia" easily beat out fresh competition to claim the No. 1 ...

AlphaGo’s unusual moves prove its AI prowess, experts say
Playing against a top Go player, Google DeepMind’s AlphaGo artificial-intelligence program has puzzled commentators with moves that are often ...