PPTP VPN client can make connection but can't see network resources

Hi,

I am trying to setup a VPN between my home and the office and can only
get it partially working.

Office
-------
* Small network connected to the internet by a Draytek router (Draytek
2600).
* Draytek router has an inbuilt VPN server which is setup and running.

-----
* Win98 Box.  Have installed VPN client and can successfully attach to
the Draytek routers VPN server across the intenet and get access to
all the office network resources.  This was very simple to do and
works fine.

* SUSE Linux box.  Have installed pptp and can establish a connection
to the Draytek routers VPN server over the internet but can't get
access to any of the office network resources.  Can succesfully ping
the Draytek over the VPN connection on 192.168.1.1 but can't ping any
other computer on the office network.

* At home my Win98 box and SUSE Linux box are connected to the
Internet through a Dlink router with VPN passthrough enabled.

Can anyone shed any light on why I can connect to the Draytek VPN
server on my Linux Box but can't see or ping any of the computers
hanging off it.  Win98 VPN client does it  fine so all the hardware
side seems to be able to communicate ok.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

JP

VPN Client can't see internal network
Hi, Hopefully someone may be able to help me. I have a remote user (User6) with a VPN client connecting to my PIX OK, but when he tries to PING or access server 172.29.11.250 the PINGs fail ; I see no debug info on the PIX. When he PINGs the outside interface ip address I see the debug but it is coming from the IP address of the remote user ISP - not the IP address allocated from the VPN POOL. The PIX itself can PING 172.19.11.250 and this device can PING the PIX... TIA, Ned network-object 123.233.0.0 255.255.0.0 network-object 99.19.0.0 255.255.0.0 network-object host 89.234.51.114 acces...

VPN Clients can't see internal network
I'm using XP Pro as a VPN Server and when a client logs in, it cannot ping other machines on the network, only the VPN Server. My searches on google have produced reams of discussions, but nothing that seems pertinent. My experience is that complex problems have simple solutions but I don't even know where to start looking. Anybody have some ideas for me to try? Thanks, -- Gerald On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:08:31 GMT, Gerald Meazell <gmeazell@swbell.net> wrote: >I'm using XP Pro as a VPN Server and when a client logs in, it cannot >ping other mach...

Windows can't see Apache on Linux machine when in one location, can in other. Linux PC can see server in both locations.
We have two offices A and B, connected by kilostream. We have a Linux box in location A, running Mandrake 9 and the Apache web server. We have some Linux boxes in location B, and loads of Windows machines. The problem is that whenever a Windows box is in location B, it can't see any pages served up by the Linux based web server in A. It can ping it, but if you telnet to port 80 from the Windows machine you get nothing back. If I pick up the Windows machine, and transport it to location A, plug it into the network, all works OK. At the moment I'm using SQUID on a Linux box in location B as a proxy server for the Windows machines in location A, but this is a bodge really. Any idea why the WIndows machiens in location B can't see pages from the apache server in A, whilst Linux machines in B can see A ? On 8 Jul 2004 11:01:23 -0700, Agent X <pgrebby@hotmail.com> wrote: > We have two offices A and B, connected by kilostream. > > We have a Linux box in location A, running Mandrake 9 and the Apache > web server. > > We have some Linux boxes in location B, and loads of Windows machines. > > The problem is that whenever a Windows box is in location B, it can't > see any pages served up by the Linux based web server in A. It can > ping it, but if you telnet to port 80 from the Windows machine you get > nothing back. > > If I pick up the Windows machine, and transport it to location A, plug > it into the network,...

Cisco 1811 K9- VPN clients can connect, but can't connect or ping to computers
I have an 1811 that I use as a firewall. Last Friday I configured a site to site VPN for a vendor to do offsite backups. Ever since then, remote users have reported that they successfully connect their VPN clients, but all traffic (email, remote desktop) is denied. Any ideas? On Jan 30, 3:30=A0pm, Pappy <sodapopsa...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have an 1811 that I use as a firewall. =A0Last Friday I configured a > site to site VPN for a vendor to do offsite backups. =A0Ever since then, > remote users have reported that they successfully connect their VPN > clients, but all traf...

Why can't the rest of my network see my Linux box's hostname?
Hi all, Apologies in advance if this is a FAQ - I couldn't find an FAQ list. I would appreciate some help/advice about getting my network right. I have a small business network with Macs (running Mac OS X) and a variety of Windows PCs. This network is connected to a Netgear DG834 ADSL router and thence to my ISP. I have added a new Linux box to this network today, running Fedora Core 2. When I look at the list of attached devices in the Netgear console it sees the Linux box as hostname marple and ip address 192.168.0.6. The hostname setting on the box is marple. However when I...

Can connect to network but can't browse internet
Here is my situation. I have verizon DSL and two computers in the network. One is running windows 98se and is plugged directly into the linksys router and the other is running windows XP and has a wireless card. My computer, which is running win98se, took a dive and I had to reinstall my DUN and VPN. I reinstalled the verizon software and this one is up and running. The XP computer however is causing me some troubles. It says it's connected to our network. I can browse files on the XP machine from the 98SE machine and the XP machine can access the router via 192.168.1.1 in the brows...

Can connect to network but can't browse internet
Here is my situation. I have verizon DSL and two computers in the network. One is running windows 98se and is plugged directly into the linksys router and the other is running windows XP and has a wireless card. My computer, which is running win98se, took a dive and I had to reinstall my DUN and VPN. I reinstalled the verizon software and this one is up and running. The XP computer however is causing me some troubles. It says it's connected to our network. I can browse files on the XP machine from the 98SE machine and the XP machine can access the router via 192.168.1.1 in the brows...

Can't see external network; internal network is OK
Hi, I am setting up a small office network with some Linux boxes (RHEL, CentOS) and some Windows XP laptops. These computers are all behind a Netscreen 5GT firewall which also serves as DHCP server. >From the Windows computers I can see external hosts (ISP nameservers, Google, Yahoo). >From the Linux computers I can see the other hosts on the local network (both Linux and Windows) and the other hosts can see the Linux boxes too. But the Linux boxes cannot see any host (e.g. ISP nameservers, Google's ip address) external to the local network. I'm guessing that I've forgotten something very simple. If you can think of something I should check, I'd be interested to hear about it. Thanks for your help, Robert Dodier PS. The same equipment was working in a different location, we're just trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together. On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:29:39 -0800, Robert Dodier wrote: > Hi, > > I am setting up a small office network with some Linux boxes > (RHEL, CentOS) and some Windows XP laptops. > These computers are all behind a Netscreen 5GT firewall which > also serves as DHCP server. > >>From the Windows computers I can see external hosts > (ISP nameservers, Google, Yahoo). >>From the Linux computers I can see the other hosts on > the local network (both Linux and Windows) and the other > hosts can see the Linux boxes too. But the Linux boxes > cannot see any host (e.g. ISP nameservers, Google...

I can't view my network after connect through vpn
Hi Im using VPN to connect in my network. The connection is OK, I receive a IP number, the internet is active, but I dont have access to the clients of my network. Im using windows 2003 server with one network board. My vpn network is redistributing IP in 192.169.x.x scope while my network is in 10.30.x.x scope. How can I do to view the folders and resources of my network? Thanks Daniel Jupiter-SL9 wrote: > Hi > > Im using VPN to connect in my network. > The connection is OK, I receive a IP number, the internet is active, > but I dont have access to the cli...

Can't connect to network share as other user unless I disconnect network drives
I hope someone can offer some insight here. I work in a 140+ PC network using a Windows Domain (Windows 2000 Server) and a mix of PCs running withwer Windows XP pro or Windows 2000 pro. Our file server is Linux (Debian). All works well for most functions. However there is one puzzle. When I am installing something on an end user's PC, I need to install it under my own profile (administrator rights) and access a directory on that file server, as that is where the install files are located. When I click Start --> Run --> "\\server-name" it prompts me, as expected, for ...

Can't connect to network share as other user unless I disconnect network drives
I hope someone can offer some insight here. I work in a 140+ PC network using a Windows Domain (Windows 2000 Server) and a mix of PCs running withwer Windows XP pro or Windows 2000 pro. Our file server is Linux (Debian). All works well for most functions. However there is one puzzle. When I am installing something on an end user's PC, I need to install it under my own profile (administrator rights) and access a directory on that file server, as that is where the install files are located. When I click Start --> Run --> "\\server-name" it prompts me, as expected, for ...

Can't map network drive via VPN connection.
I can connect to VPN using client 4.7.00.0533 fine. I can remote desktop and ping machines but I can't map a network drive. I have copied my networks host file to my PC and the problem still exists. I have tried changing the user to my user account on the domain when mapping the drive but it still doesn't work. Any ideas? teejayem@gmail.com schrieb: > I can connect to VPN using client 4.7.00.0533 fine. I can remote > desktop and ping machines but I can't map a network drive. I have > copied my networks host file to my PC and the problem still exists. I > have t...

CORRECTION : Can't connect to Xserver SHOULD BE Can't connect to XVNCserver

Pix 506E client VPN OK but can't ping lan network
Weird problem, can't figure out where it goes wrong. I can establish with the Cisco VPN client (4.6) a connection to the PIX 506E. But I can't ping or access anything on the local network. Here is the config: PIX Version 6.3(4) interface ethernet0 auto interface ethernet1 100full nameif ethernet0 outside security0 nameif ethernet1 inside security100 enable password m8Eh4PhLD1OvIGAU encrypted passwd m8Eh4PhLD1OvIGAU encrypted hostname pix506 fixup protocol dns maximum-length 512 fixup protocol ftp 21 fixup protocol h323 h225 1720 fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719 fixup protocol http 8...

Client can't connect to the default port, but can connect to other ports
I am not able to connect to the sshd running on default port, but if I run a new sshd at a specific port, I can connect to it. Here are debug outputs from the two calls. syslogs don't show anything either. Can someone please help me solve this problem. ================= ps -ef ================= [namit@namit-pc ~/.ssh]$ ps -ef | grep sshd root 5114 1 0 Aug12 ? 00:00:05 /usr/sbin/sshd root 19131 1 0 Aug17 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -p 10111 namit 30922 19148 0 09:52 pts/6 00:00:00 grep sshd [namit@namit-pc ~/.ssh]$ ================= Default port ================= [namit@namit-pc ~/.ssh]$ ssh -v localhost OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1: Applying options for * debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be trusted. debug1: Connecting to localhost [127.0.0.1] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file /home/namit/.ssh/identity type -1 debug1: identity file /home/namit/.ssh/id_rsa type -1 debug1: identity file /home/namit/.ssh/id_dsa type 2 debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 pat OpenSSH* debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0 debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none debug1: kex: client->s...

networking connection seems well, but can 't connect to internet
Hi all, I have a problem I hope someone has some ideas on. OS:win98se. Ethernet card :SMC 1244V2 After the SMC card is installed, it is appeared in the device manager without any error mark. I clicked control panel > network > configuration and checked for network property. it has the following listed: Client for Microsoft Networks Dial-up adapter SMC EZ card PCI 10/100 adapter TCP/IP It is supposed that will be displayed as the following : Client for Microsoft Networks Dial-up adapter SMC EZ card PCI 10/100 adapter TCP/IP -->SMC EZ card PCI 10/100 adapter //************...

Can't ping itself, but other machines on the network can
Try to ping the same machine, ping gives below error, but I can ping all other machines on the network. Any idea?. Thanks in advance. connect: Invalid argument tvnaidu@yahoo.com (vasanta) wrote in message news:<5d593b38.0409200534.54ac8ceb@posting.google.com>... > Try to ping the same machine, ping gives below error, but I can ping > all other machines on the network. Any idea?. Thanks in advance. > > connect: Invalid argument [me@pbrain]$ ping 127.0.0.1 PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) from 127.0.0.1 : 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.107 ms 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.069 ms 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.060 ms --- 127.0.0.1 ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% loss, time 1998ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.060/0.078/0.107/0.022 ms [me@pbrain]$ netstat -nr Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface X.X.24.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.248.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 127.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo 0.0.0.0 X.X.24.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0 Note that 127.0.0.0 is in the route table and uses the lo interface. [me@pbrain]$ /sbin/ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:40:D0:04:06:AC inet addr:X.X.25.127 Bcast:255.255.255.255 Mask:255.255.248.0 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metri...

Can't talk between VPN'd client and Linux server.
Hello, I have two Linux servers running the latest AS Redhat. My VPN server is a basic Windows 2003 machine, supporting pptp, (I don't have certificate installed yet for l2tp) Client machine is Windows XP. All patches/updates have been applied to all machines. These machines are all running on the same departmental level subnet. Client attaches to VPN without issue, makes pptp connection, and I can see all windows based resources on the local network. I can ping other windows machines, I can connect to shares, I can access web pages which are ordinarily blocked by the firewall... With the exception of my two Linux machines. >From my VPN machine, I can ping/connect to the web services/ssh to the two linux machines, I can do the same from any local windows client. >From the linux machine, I can ping all the local windows servers/clients. However, I cannot ping the VPN client from the linux machines (I can ping, and as I write this, I am connected to the VPN client via remote desktop, from this local machine), nor can I pull up the web page hosted on the linux machine. Now here it gets even worse. If I connect to the main campus VPN connection, then I CAN see the web page hosted on the linux machines (I cannot ping though, as ICMP is blocked at our department firewall...) Any help would be greatly appreciated!! This forum is for Windows Firewall Discussion. You may wish to post this to microsoft.public.win2000.networking. And to try to be of help, you ...

SQL Server Management Studio can't 'see' the 2005 engine?? But can see 2000 ?!?
Hello, I had SQL2000 server running fine on the windows 2003 box. I then installed SQL 2005 Express. They both worked together fine. I then uninstalled SQL 2005 Express and installed SQL 2005 Server. But when I open SQL Server Management Studio, I can only connect to the SQL 2000 engine. In the Object explorer, it says v8.0.2039 (which I think is SQL 2000 Server, because I can see the existing SQL 2000 databases). How can I get SQL Server Management Studio to 'see' the SQL 2005 database engine so I can create tables? I *think* its running because there is the 'sqlservr.exe...

vpn can connect, can't reach hosts
Hi all, I'm a vpn newbie. I'm using pptpconfig to connect via suse 9.3 - which seems to use the standard pptp that comes with the disto, and I get this message: Using interface ppp0pptpconfig: monitoring interface ppp0 Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/4 MPPE 128-bit stateless compression enabled local IP address 192.168.2.106 remote IP address 192.168.2.101 pptpconfig: pppd process exit status 0 (started) ip route replace 24.199.x.x via 200.157.x.x dev eth0 src 200.157.x.x pptpconfig: routes added to remote networks pptpconfig: usepeerdns was set, but /{var/run,etc}/ppp/resolv.conf was not readable pptpconfig: connected ifconfig shows: ppp0 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol inet addr:192.168.2.106 P-t-P:192.168.2.101 Mask:255.255.255.255 UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:996 Metric:1 RX packets:12 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:9 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:3 RX bytes:210 (210.0 b) TX bytes:102 (102.0 b) However, I cannot ping or nmap host 192.168.2.93 , which is indeed a live host. A fellow windows user says he can ping it. One detail: I did not supply a domain name as I don't know it yet - waiting for an answer - but perhaps that is just for authenctication which I apearently can do. The vpn server is most likely windows - everything this company does is. Please help! Robert "robert" <robertlazarski@gmail.com> ...

The only wireless network I can't see is my own!
System: PowerBook G4, OSX 10.3.8 My home system uses a Linksys BEFSR81 router and a WAP11 wireless access point. There are three wireless computers in the house, and my Mac is the only one that can't see the signal. And when I say "can't see the signal", I mean it's as if the WAP11 is turned off: neither the Airport signal icon, iStumbler, KisMAC, nor MacStumbler see any signal at all. Well, that's not entirely true, as they can see my neighbor's signal from across the street. And further to that, I can use the office wireless, the local coffee shop, and...

Can't see files on the network
This is driving me nuts. The VERY FIRST thing I did when I got my Mac was to connect to the PC on the network. I moved all my Firefox and Thunderbird files over to the Mac. Then the PC was turned off for 2 years. :D I've turned it back on now and I CANNOT see the files from either side. Both sides show the other machine. When I try to see the files from either side, I'm asked for a password. I haven't set one on either share on the PC side. I don't remember how I made a shared folder on the Mac side.... The PC is part of a workgroup called MalcolmO. It also sees a work...

Can't connect wireless network
Hi, I have the Laptop 1 metre from the Router/Access Gateway but I can't get it to connect. I have... XP Pro Netgear WGT 624v2 Gateway,Router connected via LAN to PC Compex WLU11a USB wireless connected to Laptop WGT 624 data in Netgear program ----------------------------- 'Wireless Settings' the WGT in this way.. Network Name SSID Australia Channel 11 g and b WEP enabled Auth Type Shared Strength 64 bit Generated encript 4 keys Default is #1 ------------------------------- 'Advanced Settings' Enabled wireless router radio Enable SSID broa...

can't see other pc on network
Hi I have 2 pcs running xp pro connected to each other via a hub. the hub is then connected to a broadband router, and this setup was working fine, except that we had a lot of issues with our isp. We changed to a new isp but couldn't connect via the speedtouch broadband router, but can connect on 1 pc using the usb broadband modem the new isp sent to us. The problem now is that the two pcs can't see each other at all, although they are both connected to the hub. I have gone through the network troubleshooter, and tried renaming the computers. They are both in MSHOME workgroup, b...

Web resources about - PPTP VPN client can make connection but can't see network resources - comp.os.linux.networking

Controversial Australian Cup protest could be costly for Awesome Rock's connections
Nothing arouses punters' feelings more than a controversial protest. Racing people still discuss with great vigour the Nausori-Big Philou Caulfield ...

2 men charged in connection of Girl Scout money theft
The suspects have been charged with robbery, safecracking and theft.

French (Canadian) connection helps Coyotes snap 7-game skid
The Arizona Coyotes defeat the Florida Panthers 5-1 Saturday behind a dominate performance by the team's French-Canadian players.

#BlogHer16 Connections Via Old School Twitter Lists? Yes!
... Sure, let's go with that!). We love hanging out on that next level, so our team is always looking for ways to facilitate those connections. ...

84 indicted in connection with NYC, New England drug-gun ring
Bronx DA says four gangs formed "an alliance of evil" to peddle cocaine and heroin in New Hampshire and Massachusetts

26-year-old man arrested in connection with Iditarod crashes
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A man suspected of intentionally driving a snowmobile into teams of two mushers near the front of the Iditarod Trail ...

Aruba's new products improve wireless connections
Aruba announced networking software and hardware today that include a new wireless access point that can support Skype for Business and Wi-Fi ...