Problem on broadband configuration

Hi,

I got a problem configuring my broadband access to the internet. I am using
Hurricane 8000 USB on Red Hat 9.0. Anyone knows how to configure?

Thanks.

Regards

0
serkuan (1)

linux neewbie : Configuring linux client in a windows network
Hi , I have a windows 2000 server running as the domain controller. I want to add a LINUX (RED HAT 9.0) computer as a client in this network. What software do i need to do this ? Thanks in advance. BNS MIke typed: > I have a windows 2000 server running as the domain controller. I want > to add a LINUX (RED HAT 9.0) computer as a client in this network. > What software do i need to do this ? > you'll have everything you need to accomplish this. samba is what will work: http://us1.samba.org/samba/samba.html 'man smbclient' 'man smbmount' or try this HOWTO: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.html -- - Linux: the choice of a GNU generation - free; as in free speech and free beer remove '.eh' to email ...

Strange problem: no problem with Linux, when I boot windows 2K network is down...
Guys: This is very strange problem, looklike this problem is not going to leave me for months. I have a computer with Windows2K and Linux. I have Netgear 4-port Switch/Router (connected to DSL modem). If I boot with Linux, everything is OK, I can be on-line, also two of my other computers works fine. If I boot my PC with Win2K, then immediately all computers are down. None of the computer connected to network. I thought some problem with LAN card, so I went for early bird sale on day after Thanksgiving and I got one LinkSys PCI LAN card and one Router and I plugged new LAN card into my machine, then I booted with Windows, same problem. No problem on Linux side, then I changed my Router with new Router, samething. CAN SOME EXPERT SUGGEST ME, WHAT IS HAPPENING with my Win2K machine. But if I bypass Router and connect directly from DSL modem to my Win2K PC, then it is working. Why win2K pc is not working with Router. I have two more XP machines connected top 4-port switch (one is with cable and other one is with 802.11), they are working fine. Can somebody suggest me, how can I fix this. I verified MAC address, all are Unique MAC's. Thanks in advance. Santa wrote: > Guys: > > This is very strange problem, looklike this problem is not going to > leave me for months. I have a computer with Windows2K and Linux. I > have Netgear 4-port Switch/Router (connected to DSL modem). If I boot > with Linux, everything is OK, I can be on-line, also two of my other...

problem with network configuration
Hi, we have installed an openMosix cluster (using clusterKnoppix) and we have some problems configuring the network. We have tried several things but they didn't work. Things working properly: -you can connect through ssh and ftp to the cluster from the intranet. Things not working: -you cannot connect from outside the intranet. -from the cluster, you cannot access internet. Could some expert illuminate us (poor newbies)? Thanks in advance, Federico ...

Network Configuration Problem
I've just downloaded and installed Pegasus 4.21C on top of my 3..x installation. I use Pegasus on a Novell netwrk in NDS mode. When I launched Pegasus on my system to test it, my new mail folder opens fine. All my mail is there and so are my address books. However when I tried to send and receive internet mail nothing happened. I checked the network configuration setting and they were blank. I corrected the problem and sent and recieved internet mail without problem. However whenever I exit and reload Pegasus the settings are gone again. It appears Pegasus does not save the settings. Any idea what is happening? Hi Tim Tim a �crit : > I've just downloaded and installed Pegasus 4.21C on top of my 3..x > installation. I use Pegasus on a Novell netwrk in NDS mode. When I launched > Pegasus on my system to test it, my new mail folder opens fine. All my mail > is there and so are my address books. > > However when I tried to send and receive internet mail nothing happened. I > checked the network configuration setting and they were blank. I corrected > the problem and sent and recieved internet mail without problem. However > whenever I exit and reload Pegasus the settings are gone again. It appears > Pegasus does not save the settings. > > Any idea what is happening? > Do you still use your old 3... version? if so that could explain that your network configuration disapears. Th...

Network configuration problem.
I have a print server and two PCs networked via hardwire through a router. These devices are assigned static IPs 192.168.1.10, 11, and 12 respectively and had been running successfully for several years. One of the PCs (192.168.1.11), running Red Hat 9, experienced an AC power failure which apparently damaged some files in the root ext2 partition. After a session with fsck I am able to boot up this system. Most everything appears normal except I can not connect to the printer or internet with this PC. The Network Configuration Tool shows that device eth0 is inactive. However attempting to...

network configuration problem
I have a home network that uses a wireless router to connect to the outside world via ADSL, like this: ADSL modem | router machine A (desktop) 192.168.1.1 ----ethernet---- 192.168.1.2 : : 192.168.1.3 machine B (laptop) Machine A serves as a gateway, DNS, and DHCP server for B. Now I want to connect another machine that has an Ethernet port but no wireless so that it can connect to internet, so have done the following ADSL modem | router machine A 192.168.1.1 ----ethernet---- 192.168.1.2 : : 192.168.1.3 machine B machine C 192.168.2.1 ----- hub ------ 192.168.2.2 I have attempted to configure B as a gateway (and DHCP server for the wired interface), and can ping B from C, but cannot get beyond B from C. The network portions of /etc/rc.conf on B are: ifconfig_sis0="inet 192.168.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0" ifconfig_ath0="WPA DHCP" defaultrouter="isis" # "isis" is machine A. gateway_enable="YES" netstat -rn on B shows: Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use Netif Expire default 192.168.1.2 UGS 0 147 ath0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 UH 0 7794 lo0 192.168.1.0/24 link#6 UC 0 0 ath0 192.168.1.1 00:1c:df:20:00:2f UHLW 1 0 ath0 1090 192.168.1...

linux network problem
we have many RHEL 3 Update 9 servers who's bnx2 driver (v52d) STOPS sending packets and they pile up in the SEND QUEUE when viewing through 'netstat -a'. This problem happens randomly and we cannot consistently duplicate it. What could I do on the local box between the 2 'on board' NICS to force loads of data from one NIC to the other to try to duplicate this problem? ...

Problem In Network Configuration
Hi everybody, I've got a Win2k3 Enterprise Edition Server, with 2 NICs and an ADSL ethernet modem. NIC1 (192.168.0.1) serves the local LAN, and I just installed the second NIC to connect the ethernet modem to it. The modem manual tells that it has a default IP address (192.168.1.1), so I configured my second NIC to be in the same sunbet as the ethernet modem and gave it 192.168.1.2. My problem is that how should I configure my network to pass the internet traffic from my clients in 192.168.0.* to 192.168.1.1 and vice versa? As a try I enabled RRAS service and configured it for NAT. I ad...

./configure problem (linux)
Trying to compile MyODBC on my RH 9 system. Running ./configure with directions given to mysql/lib, mysql/include, mysql/src I get the following error: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c -lmysqlclient -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lz 1>&5 /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_malloc.o)(.text+0x28): In function `my_malloc': : undefined reference to `errno' /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_realloc.o)(.text+0x65): In function `my_realloc': : undefined reference to `errno' /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_lib.o)(.text+0x2e1): In function `my_dir': : und...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

weird linux networking problem
Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, and if so, if they have any idea what could be causing it. A number of our boxes are HP dx5150 running Red Hat 4.3 (kernel 2.6.9-42). The onboard NIC is Broadcom BCM5751 Gigabit. Every now and then, these boxes lose contact with the network: we find that the central network switch (Cisco) has shut down the port, having apparently detected that the MAC address of the connected box has changed. Once the security on the port is reset, everything continues as normal. (The incorrect MAC address detected by the switch is always 08:00:45:00:FF:F8.) Obviously, this is now a fairly old version of Red Hat, and we've found that an upgrade to kernel 2.6.9-55 seems to solve the problem (we have application-related constraints limiting the kernels to which we can upgrade.) However, it would be really good to understand this problem. Any ideas? On Wed, 5 May 2010, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in article <f68557e2-f392-4638-821c-b547d39013cc@a34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, pduffy wrote: NOTE: Posting from groups.google.com (or some web-forums) dramatically reduces the chance of your post being seen. Find a real news server. >A number of our boxes are HP dx5150 running Red Hat 4.3 (kernel >2.6.9-42). The onboard NIC is Broadcom BCM5751 Gigabit. [compton ~]$ etherwhois BROADCOM 00-10-18 (hex) BROADCOM CORPORATION 001018 (base 16) BROADCOM CORPORATION ...

problem with Linux box on network
I have a small home Ethernet network. One machine is running Slackware Linux 13.0, KDE 4.2.4 and KMail 1.11.4 and Firefox. The other runs Windows XP. My ISP is Time-Warner and I have a broadband connection to the Internet. Everything was working fine with the network, but suddenly email downloads from Time-Warner's Road Runner POP server started to get erratic. At first it seemed that rebooting helped, but now I can't download my email at all. I can usually ping the POP server, and I can always download my email from the Windows machine, so it appears there is nothing wrong on the server side. I can generally send email (although it appears to be a little slow, and sometimes a perfectly ordinary email gets stuck in the outbox). Coincidentally, Firefox on the Linux box is also behaving erratically. HTML processing get's stuck on "Waiting for xyz.com...". HTML requests do not time out at the server, but the page never comes. (Again, Firefox on the Windows machine works normally.) The fact that I have problems with *both* KMail (a KDE app) *and* Firefox makes me suspect there is a problem with the underlying TCP/IP plumbing on the Linux machine. Is there a buffer overflowing somewhere? A corrupted cache? Is there a log file I can look at? Thanks & Best Regards, Vwaju NYC On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:48:07 -0400, Vwaju <slack@rcn.com> wrote: > The fact that I have problems with *both* KMail (a KDE app) *and* > Firefox > makes...

Linux
Hi all, I have quite unusual problem with my home network and i hope there is someone who knows the solution. there are 3 networked computers I run dual boot machine with winxp and slackware 9.1 linux, NIC is via-rhine running on default kernel driver, i think that version is 1.10, i have few services running like proftpd, httpd, samba, and they are accessible from the internet thanks to noip software. the problem is that im connected to the internet using internet connection sharing on winXP machine. when i use winxp on my comp everything works fine, but when i want to use linux (that would be probably most of the time) everything works fine for a while, sometimes its 3 hours sometimes 3 minutes, and then windows machine 'forgets' about my linux box. from that moment there is nothing i can do, i can't ping to that computer because it looks like its switched off. when i reboot it won't help, i can't see connection even in windows (network cable disconnected). the only thing that helps is disabling and enabling network connection on winXP machine sharing the internet. problem is that i have very limited access to that machine and it's real pain sometimes when i cant use internet for the rest of the day, just because i wanted to use linux for a while. i think i didnt have that problem before i upgraded slackware from 9.0 to 9.1, NICs in winxp are some kind of realtec cards, one of them built into the motherboard, but the problem is with both of them. i&#...

problem networking Linux and XP
I have Centos and XP installed on separate machines and connected using a crossover cable. I configured the network cards of both machines with static IP addresses. I have disabled the firewalls on both machines. The problem is: I can ping the Centos machine from the XP machine. However, when I try to ping XP from Centos, the ping request arrives at the XP machine but no reply arrives back at the Centos machine. I would appreciate some help with this. On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:01:49 -0700, esrom wrote: >> I would appreciate some help with this. get rid of XP? On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:01:49 -0700, esrom rearranged some electrons to say: > I have Centos and XP installed on separate machines and connected using > a crossover cable. > I configured the network cards of both machines with static IP > addresses. > I have disabled the firewalls on both machines. > > The problem is: > I can ping the Centos machine from the XP machine. However, when I try > to ping XP from Centos, the ping request arrives at the XP machine but > no reply arrives back at the Centos machine. > > I would appreciate some help with this. Turn off the built-in XP firewalls. david wrote: > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:01:49 -0700, esrom rearranged some electrons to > say: > >> I have Centos and XP installed on separate machines and connected using >> a crossover cable. >> I configured the network cards of both machines with static IP >&...

Odd linux networking problem
Hi, I'm currently dealing with a very strange networking problem. I suspect it's the OS (Debian testing) on the client that is causing the problem, but as a matter of fact, I'm not absolutely sure. We're running a home network of about 10 PCs, which used to be connected with an 802.11b-network with a D-Link WLAN AP and DSL router (DL-713P). Now we're migrating from to a 802.11g AP (Linksys WAP54G) for the Wireless, which will eventually be connected to a Linux server, but currently is connected to one of the three ethernet ports on the D-Link router. Now, we've started to one by one switch the clients from the old 11 Mb AP to the new Linksys, which is working fine for all Windows clients. It also used to work with the aforementioned Debian machine, but somehow, it's not working any more. The symptoms are: - it connects to the AP just fine - it can connect to any other client on the network and vice versa - it can *not* connect to the D-Link router, neither ping nor anything else gets a connection - running "arp" takes very long, but eventually finds out all MACs - I don't really know what to make of what ethereal shows me; the router reacts immediately to ARP requests, but nothing else seems to come out of it. I'm totally clueless...any suggestions! Thanks Bela -- Bela Bauer - bela_b@gmx.net www.aitrob.de - www.drsl.de ...

Configure DSL and Linux network
Dear Experts, I have 2 XP/Linux dual boot machines. Previously, these machines were connected with a crossover cable, and they could talk to each other. But now, there is a DSL modem, and router that is not configured right. I have installed DSL on the XP side, and it is working well. Now, I'm trying to get it to work on Linux. First and foremost, I need the two Linux machines to talk to each other, through the router. Internet is secondary. So far, I can't even ping the modem, or router, so some fundamental configuration is needed. Hardware: The IP addresses are what is config...

Network problems under 4 different Linuxes!
Hello, I have the following problem: In the last couple of days, I have had no network connection under - Morphix live-CD (M. is a debian-base small distribution) - Morphix HD Install - Mandrake 9.1 - Knoppix Under Windows XP there are no problems... Linux detects my network cards, but DHCP seems to fail (I have a cable modem). Any hints anyone? Thanks, Phillip Phil Perkins <PhillipPerkmann@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have the following problem: > In the last couple of days, I have had no network connection under > - Morphix live-CD (M. is a debian-base small distribution) > - Morphix HD Install > - Mandrake 9.1 > - Knoppix > Under Windows XP there are no problems... > Linux detects my network cards, but DHCP seems to fail > (I have a cable modem). Any hints anyone? > Thanks, > Phillip You didn't describe your problem very accurately, but you might wanna check out a recent posting with caption something like ADSL & pppoe connection problem. It also concerns a dual boot system and windows not shutting down components properly. To be short, try this: - Shut down the system. - Pull all the plugs (or use a physical power switch on the computer, no need to touch the modem, but try it anyways). - Restart directly to linux. - Try the connection. If this fixes it, see the posting for a fix and a reason. (Though it partially is still under slight dispute) Just a suggestion. Could be a million other things. What d...

problems in linux install and hardware configuration
I have installed Red Hat Linux 4.0 Enterprise AS Problems: It is unable to detect any devices or hardwares even after installin latest driver and bios upgrades from intel. it has not detected devices like onboard nic , sound card, graphics , and even my second hard drive My system configuration Intel chipset 945g intel D945gnt desktop board.(not all on board controllers like nic , sound etc.. detected) 512mb ddr2 ram 80 gb sata hard drive(not detected). mouse , key brd(detected) and two ide drive 1:cd drive(detected) 2: ATA hard drive (linux installed on it).(detected). Thanking and anticipating a help o n this regards Prashant. another prob as i have already mentioned i have two hard drive (not partions 2 seperate hard drive one Ata and other SATA). although i cannot detect sata hard drive on my system . I can not change the boot sequence on my sys bios. and my linux hard drive boots 1st n sata second . though booth hard drive bootable i have win xp os on my second hard drive , i would like to have option menu so that i can chose between the 2 os . please help .............. "prashant" <meetprashant007@gmail.com> wrote in news:1152601641.193846.294180@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > > another prob as i have already mentioned i have two hard drive (not > partions 2 seperate hard drive one Ata and other SATA). although i > cannot detect sata hard drive on my system . I can not change the boot > sequence on my ...

User Mode Linux = Network Problem
Hi, I have problems to set up the network with user-mode-linux, I can't set up the eth0 interface under UML. The Host system is a Debian 3.0, ip adress 192.168.1.3, kernel 2.4.10 with tun/tap, netlink device emulation... For UML, root filesystem is Debian 3.0, ip adress 192.168.1.101, kernel 2.4.16 To configure the network, I have done : On the host : [root @host]# tunctl -u root Set 'tap0' persistent and owned by uid 0 [root @host]# ifconfig tap0 192.168.1.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255 [root @host]# ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:60:97:8D:90:2F inet addr:192.168.1.3 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:100 RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b) Interrupt:3 Base address:0x300 lo Link encap:Local Loopback inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0 UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1 RX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 RX bytes:560 (560.0 b) TX bytes:560 (560.0 b) tap0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:FF:6F:7B:09:DD inet addr:192.168.1.3 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 UP B...

configure problem with scilab5 (linux x86_64)
here is the relevant part of the output of configure, with the options --with-tk-library=/usr/lib64 and --with-tcl-library=/usr/lib64. There is no difference without them. ************************************************************************************ checking for header file tcl.h... found in /usr/include checking if tcl is version 8.4 or later... (8.4) yes checking for tcl library tcl8.4... found /usr/lib64/libtcl8.4.so using -L/usr/lib64 -ltcl8.4 checking for Tcl_DoOneEvent in -ltcl8.4... yes checking for header file tk.h... found in /usr/include checking if tk is version 8.4 or later... (8.4) yes checking for tk library tk8.4... found /usr/lib64/libtk8.4.so using -L/usr/lib64 -ltk8.4 checking for Tk_BindEvent in -ltk8.4... no found /usr/lib/libtk8.4.so using -L/usr/lib -ltk8.4 checking for Tk_BindEvent in -ltk8.4... (cached) no found /usr/lib64/libtk8.4.so using -L/usr/lib64 -ltk8.4 checking for Tk_BindEvent in -ltk8.4... (cached) no configure: error: header file tk.h has been found for 8.4* but no corresponding tk library (libtk8.4.so) ************************************************************************************* Of course I do have libtk8.4.so: here is the corresponding part of configure's output for scilab4.1.2 on the same machine: checking for header file tcl.h... found in /usr/include checking if tcl is version 8.4 or later... (8.4) yes checking for tcl library tcl8.4... found /usr/lib64/libtcl8.4.so using -L/usr/l...

New to Linux
I just installed slackware 10.0- no real problems that I can tell, other than I cannot get my cable modem to work with the system. I use roadrunner, and connect to the modem thru an ethernet port. I used netconfig to recognize the hardware, but I can't access the network. I know very little about linux at this point or about real computing (outside windows). I found some general tutorials on this on google, but they seem to be over my knowledge level. I don't want to change any files or variables without knowing what I am doing. I would appreciate any help you could give...

RISC OS on broadband
Hi, on broadband there are some issues with Newshound here (I tried 1.50 and 1.52): At the first try, Newshound fetched ten news and then hung on. After fiddling around a while with it I get now the (error) message: Server error: 502 'read... : access denied to your node - xxx' I also tried the IMAP and online news option of Messenger Pro 6.06 without success. I cannot log into the account with success. The icon on the icon bar shows Messenger instead the account. It seems that something is kicking me out of the account. I'm posting this news now using NetSurf 3.0 and Googlegroups. Any ideas, please? Alex' http://home.chiemgau-net.de/ausserstorfer/ In message <eb251e2f-390e-4dde-aba0-b4c9f4505616@b11g2000yqh.googlegro ups.com> Alexander Ausserstorfer <bavariasound@chiemgau-net.de> wrote: > Hi, > on broadband there are some issues with Newshound here (I tried 1.50 > and 1.52): Use only the latest version, avoid switching around between versions it can causes its own set of issues. > At the first try, Newshound fetched ten news and then hung on. After > fiddling around a while with it I get now the (error) message: > Server error: 502 'read... : access denied to your node - xxx' Well that error at the end of the day means you have offered the wrong user ID aand/or password to the NEWS server. Avoid "fiddling" if you don't know how it works...

ethernet broadband router network problems
Hi all Im having a problem connecting 3 pc's together and sharing a broadband connection. i recently purchased a ethernet broadband router hoping this would work but I cant seem to get even just two pc's connected I have 4 network cables and 1 crossover cable, but which way do I need to connect them. any help would be much appreciated jonathan On 4 Jun 2004 14:58:11 -0700, JGilmartin wrote: > Hi all > > Im having a problem connecting 3 pc's together and sharing a broadband > connection. > > i recently purchased a ethernet broadband router h...

Web resources about - Problem on broadband configuration - comp.os.linux.networking

Pusher configuration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a craft with a pusher configuration the propeller (s) are mounted behind their respective engine(s). According to Bill Gunston , a "pusher ...

Facebook Simplifies XCode Configuration, Adds App Events To IOS SDK
Facebook released a new software-development kit for iOS , version 3.6 , the social network announced in a post on its developer blog . continued… ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...

All configurations of Nexus 6p back in stock at Google Store
... variants. Considering the fact the Nexus 6p hasn’t been on the market very long just yet, we wouldn’t be surprised if some of these configurations ...

Killer 5-Day Deal: Free AppleCare with all early-2015 13" MacBook Pros & $119-$200 off custom configurations ...
... free plus instant discounts on all of Apple's standard early-2015 13" MacBook Pros, or save between $119 and $200 on select custom configurations ...