Problem with multyplayer and direct connections with a windows network and a linux gateway

For some reason it's impossible to make direct connections to other
computers on the internet wich means that no multi-player games and
other programs like that never work. On the other side, I can connect
to servers.

For example, if I ping to a computer that's not a server all the data
that it's sending as response gets lost somewere at the Linux Gateway
computer.

How can I solve this?
0
xid (1)

Strange problem: no problem with Linux, when I boot windows 2K network is down...
Guys: This is very strange problem, looklike this problem is not going to leave me for months. I have a computer with Windows2K and Linux. I have Netgear 4-port Switch/Router (connected to DSL modem). If I boot with Linux, everything is OK, I can be on-line, also two of my other computers works fine. If I boot my PC with Win2K, then immediately all computers are down. None of the computer connected to network. I thought some problem with LAN card, so I went for early bird sale on day after Thanksgiving and I got one LinkSys PCI LAN card and one Router and I plugged new LAN card into my machine, then I booted with Windows, same problem. No problem on Linux side, then I changed my Router with new Router, samething. CAN SOME EXPERT SUGGEST ME, WHAT IS HAPPENING with my Win2K machine. But if I bypass Router and connect directly from DSL modem to my Win2K PC, then it is working. Why win2K pc is not working with Router. I have two more XP machines connected top 4-port switch (one is with cable and other one is with 802.11), they are working fine. Can somebody suggest me, how can I fix this. I verified MAC address, all are Unique MAC's. Thanks in advance. Santa wrote: > Guys: > > This is very strange problem, looklike this problem is not going to > leave me for months. I have a computer with Windows2K and Linux. I > have Netgear 4-port Switch/Router (connected to DSL modem). If I boot > with Linux, everything is OK, I can be on-line, also two of my other...

linux neewbie : Configuring linux client in a windows network
Hi , I have a windows 2000 server running as the domain controller. I want to add a LINUX (RED HAT 9.0) computer as a client in this network. What software do i need to do this ? Thanks in advance. BNS MIke typed: > I have a windows 2000 server running as the domain controller. I want > to add a LINUX (RED HAT 9.0) computer as a client in this network. > What software do i need to do this ? > you'll have everything you need to accomplish this. samba is what will work: http://us1.samba.org/samba/samba.html 'man smbclient' 'man smbmount' or try this HOWTO: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.html -- - Linux: the choice of a GNU generation - free; as in free speech and free beer remove '.eh' to email ...

Centos XP windows network DHCP DNS Zonealarm Conflicts -> can talk linux to windows network OR www not both
Centos 5.1 Windows XPSP2 Zonealarm Firewall Standard Windows workgroup. Router with DHCP server. Set centos for DHCP Zonealarm off System works. Turn on Zonealarm on XP, Centos is blocked from contacting XP. Put Centos IP address into Zonealarm trusted zone. Everything works...until reboot when Centos gets a new IP. Don't know how to give Centos a traditional windows workgroup hostname that I can put into Zonealarm...no problem, just use fixed IP address. Bug in Centos 5.1: Fixed IP address fails to setup DNS. So, now I can't connect to the web. Is there a workaround to make all this work without breaking anything else on my windows workgroup? centos -> browse windows network centos -> surf www Windows Zonealarm Firewall enabled. ?? thanks,mike -- Return address is VALID! Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale Here: http://mike.liveline.de/sale.html On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 05:00:37 +0000, mike rearranged some electrons to say: > > Bug in Centos 5.1: Fixed IP address fails to setup DNS. So, now I can't > connect to the web. Uh, that's not a bug. If you're using a fixed IP address insread of DHCP, you have to tell it everything it would normally get from the DHCP server, including the IP address of your favorite DNS server (which your router gets from your ISP). PS: If you're still trying to run Linux inside a Virtual PC under Windoze (as I believe you were claiming to do in another newsgroup, against the advice of several people) then y...

Linux gateway windows network neighborhood
Ok Guys here is my situation. I live on a college campus i have a windows xp pro computer hooked up to the rest of the network through a fedora linux gateway. On the out side network there are a bunch of windows network workgroups that i would like to be able to browse from my windows computer. This is what i currently have set up. On the linux gateway i have a samba server set up. From the linux computer i can see all of the computers on the out side network and my one windows computer. From my windows computer i can see all of the computers that are part of the same workgroup and all of the other workgroups on the network. I cannot however browse any of the computers except for the linux computer. They all say that they are not accessable and the network path was not found. Also when i try to browse the other workgroups i can't see any of the compters in them. From other computers on the network i can see the linux computer and browse the shares i set up on it. I want to be able to browse all of the network computer from my windows computer and if possible i would like to be able to see my computer from the outside network. This is not important becasue i could always mount my drives on the linux machine and share them that way. Thank you for any help you can offer. I have been trying to do this for some time and haven't really found any body that has tried to do the same thing. Thanks again you are appreciated. Bucky wrote: > I want to be able to...

Hopeless Windows VPN client as gateway in a Linux Network?
Hi, I've got couple of linux machines setup in a local network via a DSL router as the gateway to internet and it works fine. The problem is that the only way to connect to my office network is via a Windows Shiva VPN client. So I installed windows on a box and tried to use it as a second gateway in the linux network. The problem is that the VPN client adds a server assigned routing to my windows routing table with destination 0.0.0.0 and gateway 0.0.0.0 to the VPN interface with metric 1. I've tried to edit the routing table, but the VPN client detects any changes in the routing table and flushes a brand new one that overwrites any changes that I made. So my billion dollar question is. Is it any way to use this windows box as a second gateway in my network to connect to my office? I've prefer to have It always connected any use the windows box as a gateway. Can I use VMware and NAT? create a bridge or do I have to roll out a mile long cable to connect to my office from Linux? Anybody? Please help, I prefere to do development on linux, but since the VPN software only runs on windows I'm forced to work in this environment unless a bright brain out there can help me.... This is the routing table on my windows box before and after I connect the VPN client. =========================================================================== Interface List 0x1 ........................... MS TCP Loopback interface 0x2 ...00 02 a5 c2 b2 34 ...... Intel(R) PRO/100 VM Net...

Problem with Ad-hoc wireless network Windows to Linux (no ping)
Hello All, Sorry for the verbosity of this post... I am trying to set up an ad-hoc wireless network between two computers; one runing Windows XP and the other Linux (2.6.x, Slackware). After I have set them up I cannot ping the Linux machine from the Windows machine. This is what I have done so far: * Made sure that the Wlan card is running on the Linux machine (it is; it's a RT61 based D-Link DWL-G510). It works fine when in "managed" mode (connecting to an access-point); I'm using the latest firmware/drivers I could find. * Made sure that the Wlan card is running on the Windows machine (it is; Intel something-something built into a Dell laptop). Then I try to set things up. ** On the Linux machine: $ modprobe rt61 (load module, card is recognized) $ iwconfig ra0 essid box (ra0 is my RT61, set SSID) $ iwconfig ra0 channel 11 (we are in Europe) $ iwconfig mode Ad-Hoc (this is what I want; no encryption) $ ifconfig eth0 down (just in case; remember ra0 is the WLan card) $ ifconfig ra0 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up (interface comes up) $ ifconfig ra0 ra0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:19:5B:70:2D:D2 inet addr:10.0.0.1 Bcast:10.0.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 inet6 addr: fe80::219:5bff:fe70:2dd2/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:3 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:7 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:...

Any Documentaion about How Linux Networking IP stack looklike between Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces (LAN and WAN)?
Any Documenttaion about How Linux IP Networking stack looklike bwteen Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces running on Linux (LAN and WAN)?. appreciated for links or some documentation. Thanks. ...

Free Download Ebook for linux networking guide | http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html
i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download it for free http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html Tony Andreas wrote: > i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download > it for free > http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > Tony Andreas wrote: >> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >> it for free >> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html > > i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: > http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf What link is that? i.e. which one on the Home Page? There are over 30 of them. mybook.000webhost.info resolves to 64.235.54.104 The link you gave opens KPDF for me - I didn't look at its contents. Doug. Doug Laidlaw wrote: > goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > >> Tony Andreas wrote: >>> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >>> it for free >>> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html >> i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: >>...

linux network problem
we have many RHEL 3 Update 9 servers who's bnx2 driver (v52d) STOPS sending packets and they pile up in the SEND QUEUE when viewing through 'netstat -a'. This problem happens randomly and we cannot consistently duplicate it. What could I do on the local box between the 2 'on board' NICS to force loads of data from one NIC to the other to try to duplicate this problem? ...

Networking Windows with Linux
I have Desktop L/X and I want to network to with a windows PC how do u do it with a windows based DHCP also I want to route a internet connection using a windows based software router:WinRoute Lite. how do u do it? -- From Tim Timothy wrote: > > I have Desktop L/X and I want to network to with a windows PC how do u do it > with a windows based DHCP I assume that you mean you have a Windows DHCP server. It is not relevant what the DHCP server is, so long as it works. Just configure the interface on Linux to use DHCP. I'm not familiar with Desktop L/X, but it is supposed to be an "easy to configure" type of distro so presumably it has a GUI interface for network configuration. If it is trying too hard to be like Windows it may label the DHCP option something like "obtain an IP address automatically" like Windows does. In any case, it probably defaults to DHCP. > also I want to route a internet connection using a > windows based software router:WinRoute Lite. how do u do it? Set the Linux machine's default gateway to the address of the router. You will also probably have to put your ISP's nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf, unless you have one of your own. If you want more help then you really need to say a bit more about what your exact setup is, what you have already tried and what happened, as I see you have been told before when asking this vague question. Most people (round here anyway) would do this the other way round...

Problems in developing linux driver, network device but connected with usb-serial
Hi everyone, Sorry to bother you. I even don't know if I'm posting in the right forum, b= ut anyone knows linux driver development well, please help me. I'm absolute= ly newbie in this field.=20 I'm now developing a driver for a network device. But because of the nature= of my problem, it is connected via a pl2303 usb-serial converter. I know o= n solution is to operating file like ttyUSB0, however, I get fragments from= the serial port. According to many suggestions, this solution is not recom= mended=E3=80=82 So shall I continue working with file, or if there is any o= ther solution.=20 Best, Yifan On 09/30/2012 10:59 AM, Yifan Sun wrote: > Hi everyone, > > Sorry to bother you. I even don't know if I'm posting in the right > forum, but anyone knows linux driver development well, please help > me. I'm absolutely newbie in this field. > > I'm now developing a driver for a network device. But because of the > nature of my problem, it is connected via a pl2303 usb-serial > converter. I know on solution is to operating file like ttyUSB0, > however, I get fragments from the serial port. According to many > suggestions, this solution is not recommended。 So shall I continue > working with file, or if there is any other solution. > > Best, > > Yifan Perhaps you could use ppp or pppoe. On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 07:59:08 -0700 (PDT), Yifan Sun <sunyifan112358@gmail...

I want to study linux network but I have not a network
HI, I am using debian 3.0 as my linux PC and I want to study the linux network administartion. When I only have one pc, is it possible for me to study it on this only one PC? Is any emulation that can be done to construct a virtual network within my PC? Any help appreciated! Chen On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:06:40 +0800, Chen Bin wrote: > HI, > > I am using debian 3.0 as my linux PC and I want to study the linux > network administartion. When I only have one pc, is it possible for me > to study it on this only one PC? > > Is any emulation that can be done to construct a virtual network within > my PC? You can use Vmware (www.vmware.com), but it's quite expensive. The workstation edition costs $189. But you can get a 30 day fully functioning trial version. -- Rolf Arne Schulze Trans-atlantic weightloss challenge: http://tawlc.net/ Personal weblog: http://roffe.ronningveien.net/ In comp.os.linux.networking Chen Bin <binch@mobilesoft.com.cn>: > HI, > I am using debian 3.0 as my linux PC and I want to study the linux > network administartion. When I only have one pc, is it possible for me > to study it on this only one PC? > Is any emulation that can be done to construct a virtual network within > my PC? You can do almost anything just over loop-back, like "ssh localhost" no need for any emulation, you already have one. -- Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94) mail: echo zvpunry@urvz...

US-TX-Austin: Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310514408)
US-TX-Austin: Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310514408) ============================================================================ Position: Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Good interpersonnal skills--can successfully deal with PC users MCSE Desirable Please send your current resume in con...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311714407)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311714407) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311432401)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311432401) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311732406)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311732406) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince Good interpersonnal skills--can successfully deal with PC users MCSE Linux Certification MCT MS Exchange Management Experience Please send your current resume in confidence to "Jeremy Haight" <jhaight@EuroSoft-Inc.Com> ..45311732406. ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311132415)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311132415) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310814405)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310814405) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310832404)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310832404) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince Good interpersonnal skills--can successfully deal with PC users MCSE Linux Certification MCT MS Exchange Management Experience Please send your current resume in confidence to "Jeremy Haight" <jhaight@EuroSoft-Inc.Com> ..45310832404. ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310814405)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310814405) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince Good interpersonnal skills--can successfully deal with PC users MCSE Linux Certification MCT MS Exchange Management Experience Please send your current resume in confidence to "Jeremy Haight" <jhaight@EuroSoft-Inc.Com> ..45310814405. ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310857603)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310857603) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311414402)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45311414402) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310557604)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310557604) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince ...

US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310557604)
US-TX-Austin: Director of IT /Network Eng., Windows OS's, Linux, Support; C-P. (45310557604) ============================================================================================ Position: Director of IT /Network Eng. Reference: SMC01552 Location: Austin TX Duration: Cont to Perm or Direct hire for right candidate Skills: Exceptional knowledge of Windows OS's Exceptional knowledge of Linux Experienced in Networking, Admin and Support Start up Experience Hands on LAN/ WAN Exchange expereince ...

Web resources about - Problem with multyplayer and direct connections with a windows network and a linux gateway - comp.os.linux.networking

October 20 - Drew Karpyshyn
Next update moved to November 23 Big news – book 3 of the Chaos Born trilogy is written! This weekend I finished writing the manuscript for ...

Stories about:
Alibaba Buys Big Stake in Sina Weibo, the Giant Twitter Clone, Sina's Weibo Twitter Clone/Competitor to Launch Internationally this Summer

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Space Engineers
Featured News Recommended Wishlist STATS "> STORE Home DISCUSSIONS Workshop Greenlight Market "> Community ABOUT SUPPORT Install Steam Login ...

the Italy'90 game fan-page!
... fan-site! This game is t3h 1337 r0x0rZ b'cause it is from Italy'90!!! It's only the best football game wich is acctually FUN to play in multyplayer. ...

Ubuntu Apps Directory — Games
Ubuntu Apps Directory go Games Sub departments Board Games Card Games Puzzles Role-Playing Sports Available versions Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) Ubuntu ...

Customer Feedback for MacMannes
Customer Feedback for MacMannes I suggest you ... → Top ideas from the community (1 ideas) Vote 0 votes Vote Vote Vote Sign in prestine Your ...