Proper routes for linux machine with two network ports to same network

Hi,

I run a Fedora Core 4 system with two network devices eth0 (assigned
10.10.10.30) and eth1 (assigned 10.10.10.31). The local network is
10.10.10.0, the gateway is 10.10.10.1

# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
10.10.10.1    *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0
eth1
10.10.10.0      *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
eth0
10.10.10.0      *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
eth1
169.254.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0
eth1
default         10.10.10.1    0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0
eth1
default         10.10.10.1    0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0
eth0

Although rules to 10.10.10.0 exists for both eth interfaces, It seems
that traffic going to the local network at 10.10.10.* goes thru eth0 if
no interface specified. If I pull out the network cable at eth0,
ping 10.10.10.100  -> Destination Host Unreachable
ping 10.10.10.100 -I eth0  -> Destination Host Unreachable
ping 10.10.10.100 -I eth1  -> Works fine!

Similar problems exist for the internet outgoing connections with the
default and 10.10.10.1 gateway routes.

How do I add the routes properly so that the machine will look at which
interface is working or sort of, and choose the correct route?

Thanks for any pointers.

0
fuzzybr80 (10)

fuzzybr80@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run a Fedora Core 4 system with two network devices eth0 (assigned
> 10.10.10.30) and eth1 (assigned 10.10.10.31). The local network is
> 10.10.10.0, the gateway is 10.10.10.1
>
> # route
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
> Iface
> 10.10.10.1    *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0
> eth1
> 10.10.10.0      *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
> eth0
> 10.10.10.0      *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
> eth1
> 169.254.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0
> eth1
> default         10.10.10.1    0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0
> eth1
> default         10.10.10.1    0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0
> eth0
>
> Although rules to 10.10.10.0 exists for both eth interfaces, It seems
> that traffic going to the local network at 10.10.10.* goes thru eth0 if
> no interface specified. If I pull out the network cable at eth0,
> ping 10.10.10.100  -> Destination Host Unreachable
> ping 10.10.10.100 -I eth0  -> Destination Host Unreachable
> ping 10.10.10.100 -I eth1  -> Works fine!
>
> Similar problems exist for the internet outgoing connections with the
> default and 10.10.10.1 gateway routes.
>
> How do I add the routes properly so that the machine will look at which
> interface is working or sort of, and choose the correct route?
>
> Thanks for any pointers.

It looks as if eth0 and eth1 are both attached to the same subnet. If
they are on different subnets, then they need different network
addresses (i.e. destination & netmask needs to be different for them,
where & is a logical 'and').

If you gave eth1 the address 10.10.11.1 with netmask 255.255.255.0 it
would probably work. If not, post a description of your network topology.

Robert
On 7 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in article
<1144397389.282996.265070@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, fuzzybr80@gmail.com
wrote:

>I run a Fedora Core 4 system with two network devices eth0 (assigned
>10.10.10.30) and eth1 (assigned 10.10.10.31). The local network is
>10.10.10.0, the gateway is 10.10.10.1

What is the purpose of having two NICs on the same network?  Increased
speed? Only possible on a switched network when connecting to different
hosts at the same time (and a real bear to set up).  Redundancy for when
one link fails?  See the advanced routing howto.

>Although rules to 10.10.10.0 exists for both eth interfaces, It seems
>that traffic going to the local network at 10.10.10.* goes thru eth0 if
>no interface specified. If I pull out the network cable at eth0,
>ping 10.10.10.100  -> Destination Host Unreachable
>ping 10.10.10.100 -I eth0  -> Destination Host Unreachable
>ping 10.10.10.100 -I eth1  -> Works fine!

Yes - the kernel is assuming you changed your mind, and only uses the last
link configured when they go to the same place.  (Honestly, this "problem"
gets posted very frequently because of a lack of understanding of basic
network concepts.)

>How do I add the routes properly so that the machine will look at which
>interface is working or sort of, and choose the correct route?

It is working properly.  Perhaps the HOWTO can help if you want to try
something different.

-rw-rw-r--    1 gferg    ldp        297491 Sep  4  2003 Adv-Routing-HOWTO

        Old guy
0
ibuprofin2 (2868)

I want to study linux network but I have not a network
HI, I am using debian 3.0 as my linux PC and I want to study the linux network administartion. When I only have one pc, is it possible for me to study it on this only one PC? Is any emulation that can be done to construct a virtual network within my PC? Any help appreciated! Chen On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:06:40 +0800, Chen Bin wrote: > HI, > > I am using debian 3.0 as my linux PC and I want to study the linux > network administartion. When I only have one pc, is it possible for me > to study it on this only one PC? > > Is any emulation that can be done to construct a virtual network within > my PC? You can use Vmware (www.vmware.com), but it's quite expensive. The workstation edition costs $189. But you can get a 30 day fully functioning trial version. -- Rolf Arne Schulze Trans-atlantic weightloss challenge: http://tawlc.net/ Personal weblog: http://roffe.ronningveien.net/ In comp.os.linux.networking Chen Bin <binch@mobilesoft.com.cn>: > HI, > I am using debian 3.0 as my linux PC and I want to study the linux > network administartion. When I only have one pc, is it possible for me > to study it on this only one PC? > Is any emulation that can be done to construct a virtual network within > my PC? You can do almost anything just over loop-back, like "ssh localhost" no need for any emulation, you already have one. -- Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94) mail: echo zvpunry@urvz...

How to set my Linux machine to have two network cards with two IPs
Dear all gurus out there, I am newbie to Linux and networking. I have a Red hat linux that used as a Database machine, oracle. I have 2 network cards that I wish to set to 192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.11 respectively, the default gw is 192.168.0.1. The connection of the two IPs coming from 2 different switches (still from the same router). My purpose is that : if one of the switches is down, my connection still up with the other side. I know switch is hardly "down", but i wish to have full redundancy. What I did is, I jus set the 2 network cards with the two IPs and I switch off one of the switches, "poof" the whole network down..........so, how can it be done ? Or any other alternatives ? Thanks. On Sun, 27 May 2007 02:02:58 -0700, keanewoon wrote: [link failover] > Or any other alternatives ? Try the 'bonding' driver: http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Bonding And use an interface alias if you still need the second IP adress, e.g.: ifconfig bond0:1 <ipadress> ... -- -Menno. In article <1180256578.345257.44170@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, <keanewoon@gmail.com> wrote: >Dear all gurus out there, > >I am newbie to Linux and networking. > >I have a Red hat linux that used as a Database machine, oracle. > >I have 2 network cards that I wish to set to 192.168.0.10 and >192.168.0.11 respectively, the default gw is 192.168.0.1. The >connection of the two IPs coming from 2 different switc...

Any Documentaion about How Linux Networking IP stack looklike between Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces (LAN and WAN)?
Any Documenttaion about How Linux IP Networking stack looklike bwteen Linux PC (single NIC card) and Router with multiple Network interfaces running on Linux (LAN and WAN)?. appreciated for links or some documentation. Thanks. ...

Routing Linux 192.168.10.x network to Dlink router on 192.168.1.x network
8/5/2006, 1:23AM Hi, Thanks for taking the time to shine some light! I have a Linux Redhat 7.2 box on a 192.168.10.x network and I have clients that need to connect also connected to the same Dlink router which is at 192.168.1.1 All my boxes are physically plugged into the D-link router so they are all on the same physical network. I heard that if all machines are on the same router, then all one has to do is add the odd man out network to the routing page, which I did: Enable : Yes Destination IP 192.168.10.100 Netmask : 255.255.255.0 Gateway : 192.168.1.1 Interface :LAN Metric : 1 My router is on 192.168.1.1 Linux box is on 192.168.10.100 clients on 192.168.1.100 I don't want to be sloppy and change the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 Shouldn't this work? But my Linux box at 192.168.10.100 can't ping my D-link router at 192.168.1.1 I could probably do a "route add" command on the Linux box to be able to ping the D-link, but shouldn't the router, since it's on the same physical network, see the ping from anything on it's network? Yes...it should drop it from a different subnet...I know....but since I added the route in the D-link routing table, shouldn't it not only see it but route it and/or respond to it? I can ping the D-link 192.168.1.1 from my boxes on the 192.168.1.x network. I don't want to have to add "route print" statements on all my boxes. I thought this is what routers were for...connecting different s...

Free Download Ebook for linux networking guide | http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html
i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download it for free http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html Tony Andreas wrote: > i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download > it for free > http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > Tony Andreas wrote: >> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >> it for free >> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html > > i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: > http://www.mybook.000webhost.info/Linux%20Network%20Admin%20Guide.pdf What link is that? i.e. which one on the Home Page? There are over 30 of them. mybook.000webhost.info resolves to 64.235.54.104 The link you gave opens KPDF for me - I didn't look at its contents. Doug. Doug Laidlaw wrote: > goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote: > >> Tony Andreas wrote: >>> i have linux networking guide, their format is pdf, you can download >>> it for free >>> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-network-admin-guide.html >> i have problems resolving the domain name of this link: >>...

Ping Problems On Two-Machine Linux Network
Hi. I wonder whether anyone out there can help me. I'm new to networking, and have set up my first simple network by connecting two P100 linux boxes with an RJ-45 crossover cable. The first of these machines, 'methuselah', is installed with a D-Link DE-220PCT jumperless NE2000-type card, and is running Slackware 9. The second, 'blockhead', is installed with an unidentified ISA RTL8019-based jumpered card, and is running Redhat 6.1. Both machines' LEDs come on when I plug in the crossover cable, and flickering on one end causes flickering at the other, but I can't ping properly between them. There seems to be a problem with blockhead - the RTL8019-based card seems unable to receive (and also seems to transmit in periodic bursts). I've disabled PnP in the BIOS on both machines, and have set the appropriate IRQ channels to Legacy ISA. I've also set the IO & IRQ jumpers on the RTL8019 card to the correct settings, using a document (8019AS.pdf) I found on the RealTek website, but I didn't know what settings to use for the BROM jumpers, so I've left them unjumpered. Anyway, I include below the data from both machines (first before pinging, and then during pinging, both from blockhead to methuselah, and from methuselah to blockhead). If there's any further information I could provide that would be useful, please ask! I'd be very grateful for any help, as I've run out of ideas! Thanks, Paul. ********************...

Connecting two networks with two linux boxes.
I have 2 networks each with a linux box as the gateway to the internet. At the moment they are VPN'd together, but are close enough to get a cable run and I'd like to connct them like this to make it quicker so each linux box will have 3 nics in it. My question is possibly a dumb one! But what should the IP for the 3rd nic in each box be? The networks are: network - linux box internal address Box 1) 10.0.12.x/24 - 10.0.12.1 Box 2) 192.168.12.x/24 - 192.168.12.1 Should the 3rd NIC in the box 1 be on the 192.168.12.x range, and vice versa but wouldn't that confuse the other network as it would think that it is a local IP when it wouldn't be. Should they both be on a different range althogether? And then set the routing up on each. ie 3 NICS in each Box1 internal 10.0.12.1 public 123.456.78.2 "intranet" 10.0.13.1 Box2 internal 192.168.12.1 public 423.243.123.32 "intranet" 10.0.13.2 If it was 2 networks with one linux box it would be easy, just not sure how you'd connect the two boxes together.... Any advice appreciated! Cheers Mark Markvr wrote: > I have 2 networks each with a linux box as the gateway to the internet. > > At the moment they are VPN'd together, but are close enough to get a > cable run and I'd like to connct them like this to make it quicker > so each linux box will have 3 nics in it. > > My question is possibly a dumb one! But what should the IP for the 3rd > ...

Networking Under Linux
Hi, i am new to Linux, but have been running windows machines for years now. I have two boxes running dual boot systems, Windows XP/Suse Linux 9.1 Both boxes are connected via ethernet to a Zyxel 643 router complete with ADSL modem. Both can see the ,net and have no trouble browsing,emailing etc. I have setup Samba so the windows shares are available, but how do I go about setting up NFS/NIS to share part of my system to the other machine i.e. file sharing. I want to use this directory as a network archive. Regards Bob Moore On Wed, 19 May 2004 22:31:21 +0100, bobmoore wrote: > Hi, i am new to Linux, but have been running windows machines for years > now. I have two boxes running dual boot systems, Windows XP/Suse Linux 9.1 > Both boxes are connected via ethernet to a Zyxel 643 router complete with > ADSL modem. > > Both can see the ,net and have no trouble browsing,emailing etc. > I have setup Samba so the windows shares are available, but how do I go > about setting up NFS/NIS to share part of my system to the other machine > i.e. file sharing. I want to use this directory as a network archive. > The following is probably a good place to start for nfs... http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/ For NIS, try : http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NIS-HOWTO/ or http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-nis.html The second link is geared towards FreeBSD, but is still general enough that it's been a great help for me. --...

Connecting two networks together by having two network cards in the same computer
Hi, I recently aquired two 100Mbs cards and I am trying to incorporate them in my existing network at home. My old network looks as follows: 10Mbs 10Mbs Mountainman ------------- Surfrat -------- Win XP Win 98SE | 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 | 255.255.255.0 255.255.255.0 | | |---------------------------------------------| | | 10Mbs |- Jukebox ---------------- J...

network within a network
I am a college student living in a duplex. Our whole duplex has one internet connection. I have a laptop with a wireless card and a ethernet card. I use the wireless card to access the internet. I also have a desktop with only a ethernet card that i am trying to connect to my laptop. Im trying to make my own network to share the internet connection with my desktop. My problem arises when i try to make my laptop the host to my network, i think it tries to take the 192.168.0.1 ip address which is already taken by the router ( in other apartment). so i get ip address conflictions. A...

LINUX networking
hi guys, I am very new to LINUX. I have multiple win 2000 machine at my work networking with each other, now I installed Redhat9 linux in one of my machine in the network and make it work with my network domain and what not. I can see internet from my linux, My ping, ifconfig everything works fine, but I dont know how to access other computers from mine. Can someone help me out here? And i know this qn does not belong to this group, but can someone help me to install USB stuf in my linuc, I want my linux to see my usb harddrive and memory sticks? thanks a lot for your time. Try opening a file browser window and, in the location, type "smb://my_host" or something similar. For your USB stuff, plug it in and if it doesn't automagically mount try right-clicking on the desktop and see if it shows up in the "disks" subdirectory. Ramesh wrote: > hi guys, > > I am very new to LINUX. I have multiple win 2000 machine at my work > networking with each other, now I installed Redhat9 linux in one of my > machine in the network and make it work with my network domain and what > not. I can see internet from my linux, My ping, ifconfig everything > works fine, but I dont know how to access other computers from mine. > Can someone help me out here? > > And i know this qn does not belong to this group, but can someone help > me to install USB stuf in my linuc, I want my linux to see my usb > harddrive and memory sticks? > ...

Linux Network
Hi, I just upgraded my motherboard. It was a bitch finding information that would get me past the kernel panics. Anyhow, that is solved. Problem now is that I cannot access the internet and cannot ping that machine, even on my internal network. Why? It is assigned eth0. I commented it out in modprobe.conf (not sure why, thought that may be an issue.) When the system boots, it detects eth0 fine as it displays and OK...... Any ideas? I'm a bit stuck right now....... Thanks! On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:53:29 -0800 (PST), art@unsu.com wrote: > > Hi, Hello You might want to read ...

Networking Questions I have for multiple OS Networking
I have some questions that I am hoping someone can help me with. I have plans to network 7 PC's together with different OS as follows. Windows XP Prof Windows XP Home Windows 2000 Windows Me Windows 98 SE Windows 95B Linux Red Hat 8.0 My 7 computers have their OS installed as well as 10/100mbps NICs, which will all connect to my 10/100 Switch. (1.) Does anyone know of any incompatibilities I will have or problems that I can avoid when setting up this network of multiple operating systems? (2.) Is there any patches I will need for specific OS to network with the...

linux neewbie : Configuring linux client in a windows network
Hi , I have a windows 2000 server running as the domain controller. I want to add a LINUX (RED HAT 9.0) computer as a client in this network. What software do i need to do this ? Thanks in advance. BNS MIke typed: > I have a windows 2000 server running as the domain controller. I want > to add a LINUX (RED HAT 9.0) computer as a client in this network. > What software do i need to do this ? > you'll have everything you need to accomplish this. samba is what will work: http://us1.samba.org/samba/samba.html 'man smbclient' 'man smbmount' or try this HOWTO: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.html -- - Linux: the choice of a GNU generation - free; as in free speech and free beer remove '.eh' to email ...

[News] [Linux] Linux the Platform of Choice for Network Processor
Dual-core network processors sample with Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The OpenWRT BSP includes the open U-Boot bootloader, a Linux | 2.6-series kernel, filesystem, drivers, web-based configuration system, | make files, and a VoIP-enabled PBX application. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3501901164.html Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused: > Dual-core network processors sample with Linux > > ,----[ Quote ] >| The OpenWRT BSP includes the open U-Boot bootloader, a Linux >| 2.6-series kernel, filesystem, drivers, web-based configuration system, >...

WTB: Nortel Networks, Alcatel, Cisco, Juniper Networks, Enterasys / Cabletron, Extreme Networks, Foundry Networks, 3Com, Lucent, Marconi / Fore, Riverstone Networks, and others.
WTB: Nortel Networks, Alcatel, Cisco, Juniper Networks, Enterasys / Cabletron, Extreme Networks, Foundry Networks, 3Com, Lucent, Marconi / Fore, Riverstone Networks, and others. We buy the above networking hardware. Email netbuy@bellsouth.net with what you have. We may have interest in buying it. SAY YOU SAW IT IN THE NEWSGROUP! ...

Re: Nortel Networks, Alcatel, Cisco, Juniper Networks, Enterasys / Cabletron, Extreme Networks, Foundry Networks, 3Com, Lucent, Marconi / Fore, Riverstone Networks, and others.
"Netbuy" <netbuy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:... > WTB: Nortel Networks, Alcatel, Cisco, Juniper Networks, Enterasys / > Cabletron, Extreme Networks, Foundry Networks, 3Com, Lucent, Marconi / Fore, > Riverstone Networks, and others. > > We buy the above networking hardware. > > Email netbuy@bellsouth.net with what you have. We may have interest in > buying it. > > SAY YOU SAW IT IN THE NEWSGROUP! > > ...

Centos XP windows network DHCP DNS Zonealarm Conflicts -> can talk linux to windows network OR www not both
Centos 5.1 Windows XPSP2 Zonealarm Firewall Standard Windows workgroup. Router with DHCP server. Set centos for DHCP Zonealarm off System works. Turn on Zonealarm on XP, Centos is blocked from contacting XP. Put Centos IP address into Zonealarm trusted zone. Everything works...until reboot when Centos gets a new IP. Don't know how to give Centos a traditional windows workgroup hostname that I can put into Zonealarm...no problem, just use fixed IP address. Bug in Centos 5.1: Fixed IP address fails to setup DNS. So, now I can't connect to the web. Is there a workaround to make all this work without breaking anything else on my windows workgroup? centos -> browse windows network centos -> surf www Windows Zonealarm Firewall enabled. ?? thanks,mike -- Return address is VALID! Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale Here: http://mike.liveline.de/sale.html On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 05:00:37 +0000, mike rearranged some electrons to say: > > Bug in Centos 5.1: Fixed IP address fails to setup DNS. So, now I can't > connect to the web. Uh, that's not a bug. If you're using a fixed IP address insread of DHCP, you have to tell it everything it would normally get from the DHCP server, including the IP address of your favorite DNS server (which your router gets from your ISP). PS: If you're still trying to run Linux inside a Virtual PC under Windoze (as I believe you were claiming to do in another newsgroup, against the advice of several people) then y...

How to check network status on the Linux machine
Hi: Recently, I wrote a program on a Linux machine which is able to detect whether the machine is connected to the network. I used the Linux netstat program with the �i option to do the trick. netstat has a running flag (shown as a R when exercute netstat �i command), which will be turned on if the network cable is plugged into the machine and vice versa. However, it turns out that on some motherboards (I am using on broad network cards) the netstat will fail to detect the connection status. That is, no matter the network cable is plugged in or not, the running flag (R) is always on. The ...

Two network adapters on seperate networks problem
Greetings. Here's my situation: I have a PC running SuSe 9.3 that has two NIC's. One of these is configured with a static IP such as: device: eth0 IP: 10.9.81.204 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.192 Default Gateway: 10.9.81.193 This is an "isolated" network. By this I mean that the routers on this network have extensive access control lists so that only certain machines on this network can see other machines. There is no access from this network to the public internet, (the proxy server for the internet is blocked on this network). My other NIC is configured to get an IP via DHCP (although I could get a static IP if that would help). It gets an IP like: device: eth1 IP: 10.9.16.140 Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0 Gateway: 10.9.16.1 This network does have a connection to the public internet through a proxy server at IP 10.22.2.100. I can ping and ssh to machines on both networks. Machines on both networks can see me, even my samba shares. But, I cannot get to the public internet from my machine, it seems that my connection to the proxy server is blocked. I suspect it is because my default gateway is going through eth0 onto the private network. If I remove the default gateway entry, then I can get to the public internet, but I loose the connection I have to machines on the "isolated" network network. Is there some sort of solution that will allow me to have my default network traffic go to the eth1 adapter configured via DHCP, and still allow traffic to go ...

[News] [Linux] Company Offers Specialised Linux Networking Stack
Linux networking stack scales to 64 virtual MIPS64 cores ,----[ Quote ] | 6WindGate says its commercial Linux networking stack supports | a Continuous Computing (CCPU) ATCA board powered by 16 | MIPS64-compatible cores. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2103965321.html Related: Development Kit Simplifies Design of Linux Based Device Networking Products ,----[ Quote ] | Oxford Semiconductor has introduced a software development kit for | its OXETHU954 network connectivity controller chip aiming to | dramatically simplify the design of Linux based device | networking products. `----...

How to network boot Linux from a Windows XP machine.
Hi All, I need to find a way to nework boot Linux on a PC using PXE from a Windows XP machine. I have tried the network boot from a linux server, however I was hoping to get a HOW-TO article on network booting Linux from a Windows PC. Thanks, Susheel ...

[News] Review of Linux-powered Home Media Network, Other Linux Devices

Woo-hoo! Linux sees my network! Now how do I see Linux from XP?
Hello, I just put a nic card in my Linux Laptop, booted up and into Linux and it saw my network and cable internet connection without any problem! Now the question that I have is how can I check to see if Windows XP/ME/98Se can see my Linux Laptop? I don't know what my machine's name is, or how to map to it. It doesn't show up when I browse the network with XP. (haven't tried the others) Does anyone know what to do from here? I can ping the Linux Laptop... (Red-Hat 9.0) Thanks Dave On 2005-02-22, XxLicherxX <goldhors64@aol.com> wrote: > > Now the question that I have is how can I check to see if Windows > XP/ME/98Se can see my Linux Laptop? Define "see". > It doesn't show up when I browse the network with XP. That's a Samba thing. Install and configure Samba if that's what you want, but I'd define "see" first. What exactly do you want to do? If you want to simply copy files, you can use an scp client, for example. If you want to do something else, you'll need to tell us. --keith -- kkeller-usenet@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us (try just my userid to email me) AOLSFAQ=http://wombat.san-francisco.ca.us/cgi-bin/fom see X- headers for PGP signature information On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:09:51 -0800, XxLicherxX wrote: > Hello, > > I just put a nic card in my Linux Laptop, booted up and into Linux and > it saw my network and cable internet connection without any problem! > > No...

Web resources about - Proper routes for linux machine with two network ports to same network - comp.os.linux.networking

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

Go against conformity in the puzzles of Dream Machine : The Game
Dream Machine : The Game Monument Valley Back to Bed Go against conformity in the puzzles of Dream Machine : The Game is a story by AppAdvice. ...

Alphabet Self-Driven Guru Urmson Describes Man Versus Machine
Alphabet‘s (GOOGL) head of its self-driving car effort, Chris Urmson, spoke to a packed crowd at the South by Southwest conference in Austin, ...

This intricate machine uses 2,000 marbles to make music
Swedish band Wintergatan and its frontman Martin Molin have created an impressive contraption that uses marbles to make music. Watch to see how ...

Human Go champion scores 1st win over machine after 3 losses
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A champion Go player scored his first win over Go-playing computer software on Sunday after losing three straight times ...

HPE's Haven OnDemand offers 'machine learning as a service'
If 2015 was the year analytics tools became ubiquitous in enterprise software, 2016 is shaping up to do much the same for machine learning . ...

Copy Machine Translates Text While Duplicating
Xerox's next-gen service for old-school paper lists 44 supported languages, including country-specific dialects.

New Yorkers Won't Hesitate to Take Your Wet Laundry Out of a Machine: Poll
Would you touch a stranger&#39;s clothes? How long would you leave someone’s wet clothes in the only free washing machine? The question, which ...

ICYMI: Space junk reboot, biological machine v2 and more
Today on In Case You Missed It: NASA thinks it can extend the life of even dead satellites orbiting Earth with a new solution from the agency ...

HPE Launches On-Demand Machine Learning-as-a-Service
'We refer to this as 'augmented human intelligence,' so they can generate applications and build these features into their products.'